Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!)

Go down 
+34
floedebolle
SerialMoM
werekin
Vallenor
Wolfy
Tewfik
Svenn
Anast
quidamcorvus
Drakbar
HornedRat
Pfreck
catferret
Von Kurst
GØRK
blitzkrieg bob
wobbly_goggy
KRUG_666
Identity
Paluke
Chad
Drugart
StyrofoamKing
Burlok Blackaxe
WarbossKurgan
Da Bank
Duce
DeafNala
Ezekiel
Hawkeye
Rancid
Tagnator
cianty
Eliazar
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!)   Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2011 - 20:03

Awesome work, Sascha! bounce bounce bounce

I absolutely love the knife thrower conversion! The voodoo gypsy chick looks very cool too.
And I can't wait to see the promising circus people finished. Yay!

Unfortunately I have to say that I don't see the pattern on the minis though. More contrast, please. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!)   Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2011 - 15:22

Pfreck wrote:
The Illusionist somehow reminds me of Sacha, the perverted Magician!

No idea what you are talking about Very Happy Hehe, I just had the smoke skull left over from the dead eye bottle and thought a magician would be cool, and as I really like Ezekiels Magician and he named him after me anyways, I though I might as well copy it, hehe. Plus, I've never had any use for this arm before, so it was a welcome opportunity Wink

cianty wrote:
Unfortunately I have to say that I don't see the pattern on the minis though. More contrast, please.

I'll see what I can do Very Happy In the meantime, you should perhaps check your eyes if you can't see anything, hehe Wink

I'm working on the other 5 of the starting warband now (fugitives, truants, tinker), hopefully I'll have them finished in a week or so (I'm back studying so I don't have all day to paint and convert anymore Sad ). Stay tuned.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!)   Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2011 - 17:43

Eliazar wrote:
cianty wrote:
Unfortunately I have to say that I don't see the pattern on the minis though. More contrast, please.

I'll see what I can do Very Happy In the meantime, you should perhaps check your eyes if you can't see anything, hehe Wink

Yieks! cyclops
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!)   Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2011 - 22:32

Absolutely wonderful. I too love the dead-eye with knives. He is an outstanding conversion!!

Nice choice of instrument. I recently ebayed and resold Tristan Troubadour to procure another lute for a Minstrel conversion. Wink

Quote :
What do you mean by water caravan, Pfreck? If you mean their ship, it's
just gonna be a small rectangular river barge with a swivel gun or two, a
couple of tents on the deck, some luggage and perhaps a cabin at the
rear.

Can I be evil here, and point out that there are some super simple and effective rules that I started translating from the RPG material which allow watercraft to be customised! Expecting this will boost achievement potential in campaign objectives for anyone looking to play out a plot that involves the shipping of anything of a questionable nature! Swivel gun is a good start... You might wanna draw a tarpaulin over it in port though to avoid being clapped in irons by a river patrol. pirat
Back to top Go down
https://libermalefic.blogspot.com/
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!)   Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011 - 1:04

Swivel guns?!! Are you going to re-write those awful swivel gun rules from the pirate warband, too?

As for the River Patrol, what are they thinking? There are pirates out there, a captain must be prepared to defend himself! Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 665330

Looking forward to any such customization rules.

And On Topic--about those zombie pirates? pirat
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!)   Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011 - 14:45

Damn, customizable watercraft sound pretty exciting!!

And von Kurst: It's actually just a Vampire Pirate Captain, no zombie pirates to accompany him yet, I'm afraid. But the captain is just sitting next to me on my desk and will get some paint in the coming days Wink
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!)   Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011 - 19:17

Eliazar wrote:
Pfreck wrote:
The Illusionist somehow reminds me of Sacha, the perverted Magician!

No idea what you are talking about Very Happy Hehe, I just had the smoke skull left over from the dead eye bottle and thought a magician would be cool, and as I really like Ezekiels Magician and he named him after me anyways, I though I might as well copy it, hehe. Plus, I've never had any use for this arm before, so it was a welcome opportunity Wink

haha I was about to say something about that guy too... but yeah, I did indeed name it after you, seeing as it's just about as perverted as you are, so have at it! haha

Looking good thusfar! I'm still mildly undecided as to wether or not I should make some of these guys... but you are beginning to ge my enthousiasm up! -sigh more projects to shove aside so I can make you some new opponents... haha

I'm liking the freehands you did on the robes... (time to re calibrate your monitor cianty?!)
though some of the other painting seems somewhat rough? or is that just my supersensitive vision going crazy on me? Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!)   Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Mar 2011 - 19:23

Yeah, it's still all a little rough, but the models are actually not finished yet Smile I still need to highlight them some more and rework a few details.

Oh, and just because you are afraid of Vampires, there's no reason not to make some Pirates, hehe Smile

In the meantime, I will work on my Merchant Caravan, too, and we can have an epic Merchant and Pirate meeting (we nudge cianty into joining and can then have an epic battle with 3 caravans against some evil dudes, hehe)
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!)   Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 5 Apr 2011 - 15:35

Ok, photos of the next painted batch will take a little longer, but here are some WIPs of more piratey crew. Everything is undercoated already and waiting to get painted. One of the minis is pretty far down the painting road already, hopefully I can take pics soon.

First, the Vampire Pirate Lord Luthor Harkon. Turns out I wasn't that creative with him... I just read the rules and saw the artwork, started my conversiion... afterwards I scrolled down and discovered that the GW staff thought along the same lines as I did!

Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Luthor10

Next, we have a little gnoblar pirate (I wanted to paint something else but humans for a change... can't keep my interest in one range for morde than 10 models!)

Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Bandit10

Now, a conversion of one of my favourtie models - the Bretonnian dog. Meet Mr. Giggles (named after a vicious pitbull I saw in some silly add in a newspaper - friendly with the children). He's sniffing out some loot for the Truants to get Very Happy

Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Giggle10

Then, a Goblin Master Engineer and Navigator for Cpt. Redbeard (there's a longer story that I will publish in the Fluff thread some day). Mad Shroom Crazy-Eye Da Red. (I was thinking about turning the warbands into a small pirate themed army and thought it might be usefull to have an engineer or wizard or something).

Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Engine10

And I made myself another Pirate Ogre (even though the first one isn't finished, hehe Very Happy )

Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Po2-wi10

PIP Shroom, fugitives and truants coming soon to a harbour near you.
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!)   Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Apr 2011 - 20:03

The first painted Strigany minis are really awesome!

I am loking forward to see them on the battlefield soon Smile

Keep on!
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!)   Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Apr 2011 - 1:28

The Bretonnian truffle-hound looks like he's sniffing a turd! Smile

Absolute madness. I see that you are converting surrogate vampires before your crew have even been bitten (spoiler alert!) by the Old Father!

Being as a member from the Strigany warband can learn Necromancy, then it won't hurt to a have a couple of zombified crew available, and possibly the odd ghoul might tag along in the hope of a few scraps. LoL.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!)   Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Apr 2011 - 3:21

VERY COOL LOOKING STUFF, but keep in mind that the Gallery is for finished minis only. Posting W.I.P. pieces here is okay if they will be completed within a day or two.
Back to top Go down
Pfreck
Warlord
Warlord
Pfreck

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!)   Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Apr 2011 - 9:21

Nice reinforcements! Love what you did with Luthor Harkon, what head did you use for him?

Looking forward to see some paint on your Fugitives and Truants! bounce
Back to top Go down
http://pfreck.tumblr.com
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!)   Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Apr 2011 - 11:13

The head is from the Necrarch mounted vampire.

I'd love to take some pictures, but it seems my camera has disappeared and I have not yet tortured enough of my flatmates to find out who's guilty of taking it.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!)   Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Apr 2011 - 16:51

Alright. Turns out the camera is gone for good, which in turn motivated me to finally move to another place and leave the old flatmates behind... This in turn meant that I didn't have much time to paint, as finding an apartment in Frankfurt within a week isn't too easy. Fortunately, a friend could convince his landlord to let me move into his house. I still don't have any furniture, so I will have to lengthen the break from painting a few more days, but at least I took some pictures with my video camera and will order a new camera as well. The quality is quite crappy, unfortunately, but you might get the idea.

First of, the Fugitives, nobles who had to flee their countries for one reason or another - they still haven't lost their flamboyant and charming attitude, though, that's why I imagined them showing off at least some of their noble heritage:

Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Pip0410

And I got some paint on Mr. Mad Shroom Da Red, Navigator of the Violet Tendencies:

Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Engine10

They all need some more work, like the rest, but I will have more time in the future and I hope I can get cracking after getting a desk in the next days Smile

Just so you can imagine my amazing living conditions at the moment, a picture of my new home:

Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 New_ro10

Cozy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!)   Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Apr 2011 - 18:15

Realizing this comment comes from a Clutter Freak, the new digs look GREAT...lots of light & kleptomaniac-free. MUCHO happiness in your new home. What a Face
The new Rogues look FINE, even considering the dark photos. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Pfreck
Warlord
Warlord
Pfreck

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!)   Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Apr 2011 - 21:02

Congrats on your new home! Did your old roommates even took your bed?! Bastards! affraid

Y'know, the pictures are actually quite decent. Love the fugitives, excellent paint job as usual. I guess your warband is almost done, only the Truants and a Riverboat left to do right? What about some Vagabonds? Smile

Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
http://pfreck.tumblr.com
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!)   Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Apr 2011 - 22:01

great move on the luxurious white lion cloak! looks seriously wealthy Smile

shitty to hear your flatmates turned out to be bastards... better luck in this place!

oh and Pfreck, almost done? he needs loads of replacements still! haha, you know his luck in games... Smile

but then again, that puts you up with a great excuse to make some more of these fine conversions! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!)   Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Apr 2011 - 13:26

Hehe, thanks for the comments.

For the starting warband, I still need the truants and the tinker, and then there are the 3 circus people who can be used either as vagabonds or gypsies. For some proper vagabond model, I'll try to get my hands on more of the bare footed empire state troops, and combine them with flagellant torsos like I did for the truants (which, in turn leaves me with enough flagellant legs to convert more chaos renegades, hehe). And as Ezekiel said, I really need some reinforcements as everyone willl be dying pretty quickly, I suppose Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!)   Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Apr 2011 - 21:39

Aside from space dedicated to piles of ring-binders and an Arabyan bong (and the lack of fungal slime) this looks a lot like my living arrangement one year ago, when I shared quarters with a cave troll! Shocked

The identity of a fugitive from justice should remain a secret... There is an important accessory missing from these mysterious swashbuckling rogues. Nothing you can't fix with a bit of dark paint mind.... Fugitives true identities should be concealed using 'masques' or else they'll be taking a permanent vacation, in Hangman's Square on the South Dock! Question

Attention to detail is everything. Especially for a Lothario.

Regards,

Stu
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!)   Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Apr 2012 - 15:09

On the painting side, I did not really get anywhere so far (currently (that is, for the last half year or so), I have been (and still am) studying abroad without any paints at all...), but I managed to get a few more fighters done to increase the army potential of the pirate warbands...

First, some more ordinary crew:

Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Pirate10

Then, some gunners. THe little one is inspired by a conversion I saw here on the forum (can't remember by whom, unfortunately), which in turn had been inspired by Pirates of the Carribean:

Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Pirate11

Then, I started on a voodoo priest inspired by the awesome novel "On Stranger Tides" by Tim Powers (you should check it out if you're interested in pirates, it's really great and served loosely as the basis of the lates Pirates of the Carribean movie):

Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Barons10

And then, as I intend to have a little army of pirates one day, I though good old and unlucky Captain Redbeard should suit up a little to lead big hordes of unruly scruvy dogs, shere he is, alongside his little friend the pirate squirrel, which had been lost in the deeps of my bits boxes and now surfaced to be painted finally (perhaps it will add to Redbeard's protection, he could really need it):

Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Redbea10

And last but not least, I made an additional gypsy for the River Strigany, a firebreathing guy with pointy shoes:

Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Firebr10

Next time I am back home I will lock away all the bits and get around painting these guys. Anyway, critique and comments are very welcome as always.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!)   Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Apr 2012 - 2:00

WOW! There is always something great to find on the forum! As a fan of voodoo (in pop culture) I like the idea of a voodoo priest, paint him up like the bond villain for bonus points. Captain Redbeard looks great! Is that a large squirrel sitting next to him Very Happy

I hope you get around to doing some painting soon, if you can decode the new colour names Wink
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
PuckoFlink
Hero
Hero
PuckoFlink

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!)   Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Apr 2012 - 13:58

Really cool warband and i LOVE the ship idea. Very Happy
Looking forward to see how it all turns out. Smile
Back to top Go down
izmerul
Veteran
Veteran
izmerul

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!)   Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Apr 2012 - 14:49

your warbands look amazing!

That firebreathing guy is gonna be great!!

Like Nala says ... creative minds thrive in the mess Razz
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!)   Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Apr 2012 - 15:17

VERY COOL STUFF...it's good to see you back into modeling again. The Voodoo Guy looks especially nice...in an evil sort of way. I use the Goblin leg/Empire torso & blunderbuss thingy quite often myself...it would be cool to think that's where you got the idea. AND you found The Squirrel...WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!)   Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!) - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scurvy Dogs (Pirates - now with RIVER STRIGANY!)
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next