Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

For the glory of Stirland!

Go down 
+33
Soulblight
Paluke
Ezekiel
Neko13
5pointer
cianty
Delectable Tea
BurnTheWitch
Theorox
mavfire
smokezombie
shanks
superscenic
Pfreck
LabOfFantasy
Hadriel Caine
SerialMoM
Eliazar
Paboook
benjaminography
hexenjagar
Milliardo
Von Kurst
Gobbo Freak
Captain Bernhardt
drakkol
Mo!
BalrogTheBuff
folketsfiende
DeafNala
Grimscull
floedebolle
Boreas_NL
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2011 - 19:57

Update...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1422
A new command group... Ebay can certainly be your friend! I found these three models last week and decided that I wanted to start another unit. The detail on these models is just amazing! The rest of their friends will most likely arrive in the course of next week.

I also added a couple of Warrior Priests to my collection...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1417
From left to right: classic Warhammer Quest Priest, Luther Huss on foot and a kit-bashed Warrior Priest using Flagellant, Greatsword and various other bits...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1418
I swapped the hammer with a newer version (from the Empire State Troopers kit) and changed a little on his scarf to represent a piece of parchment. This model should make a very nice Arch Lector...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1419

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1420
Luthor Huss on foot... I really like this model but I didn't have a unit for him while he was still mounted on a horse. So, I sawed him in half (may Sigmar forgive me) and replaced his lower body with the legs of a plastic Flagellant. A bit of GS smoothed the gap between plastic and metal. With the addition of some armour, a big book and a few pouches he's good to go!

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1421
This final model was done some time ago for a Witch Hunter warband... This afternoon I updated his hammer and rebased him.

With the addition of these three holy men of Sigmar the total of Warrior Priests in my army/collection reaches six! During my last couple of games I experienced the extreme usefullness of multiple extra dispell dice. And as if that isn't enough, the hatred the Priests bestow upon their fellows is always very good! Furthermore, the extra Warrior Priests allow me to support more units.

Thanks for watching! As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated, so please let me know what you think...
Back to top Go down
Moffe
Captain
Captain
Moffe

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Aug 2011 - 11:39

I think they are all cool, but specially the last warrior priest. only thing i can complain about is that im not a huge fan of that hammer (mr 2 has a cooler one Sad ) Still, its very unique and creative but still retains the "proper" warrior priest feeling thumbsup
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Aug 2011 - 12:57

You've got some COOL old friends in there...VERY NICE STUFF! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
5pointer
Elder
Elder
5pointer

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Aug 2011 - 18:52

I really like the comet-hammer, an inspired detail!

I love this thread!
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Aug 2011 - 19:31

Thanks for the feedback!

Quote :
I think they are all cool, but specially the last warrior priest. only thing i can complain about is that im not a huge fan of that hammer (mr 2 has a cooler one ) Still, its very unique and creative but still retains the "proper" warrior priest feeling
Thanks! The hammer of the last Priest is indeed something of an aquired taste, I had my doubts at first but it has grown on me since then Very Happy

Quote :
You've got some COOL old friends in there...VERY NICE STUFF!
Thanks! I don't even know for sure if the command group models are even Citadel miniatures but I like them vere much!

Quote :
I really like the comet-hammer, an inspired detail!

I love this thread!
Thanks!

Update!

I kicked my Arch Lector out of his War Altar and replaced him with this model...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1425
The other model was a bit too militant and looked rather 'poor'... This model looks like he isn't here to fight, but just to check up on his minions.

The next few miniatures are shamelessly copied from the fantastic models made by DeathCat147 that can be found here... The idea was just too good not to use! And you know: "Beter goed gejat dan slecht bedacht"...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1427
I managed to build nine Pikemen with bits I already had... In fact, the plastic bodies were supposed to be the final Halberdiers for my horde. As for now, this will be all... My vacation is at an end and I lack the models to expand the unit. I really want to expand this unit to 40 models, part for easthetics and part for combat effectiveness (as effective as Spearmen get)...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1426
I added the former Arch Lector to the unit to fill up the movement tray...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1424
The unit's Champion... I was advised by Malcador to arm him with a pike, too. Normally I try to arm Sergeants and such a little differently than their unit, but giving him a pike seemed like the right decision. The big hat is from a Reiklander Captain from the Mordheim range.

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1428
The unit's Musician and Banner Bearer... I opted for a simple instrument to underline the humble nature of the Pikemen (that, and I didn't use this flute yet). I also used a rather understated banner, nothing more than a pike with a piece of cloth tied to it... Kudos for the first to guess where the banner came from:D Using a bigger banner would have made ranking these models a lot more difficult, furthermore, the use of a pike helps to create the 'forest of pikes' look I want...

Thanks for watching! As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated, so please let me know what you think...
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Aug 2011 - 19:56

Muahaha, Greatsword bodies for core unit. They certainly look nice, I have to admit it. Only thing I'd have done differently is the pike of the Champ. A really nice pose, but holding the pike like this without the index finger makes it look a little light imo. Otherwise a nice unit.
The warrior priests turned out great as well, especially Luthor Huss. Must have been a pain to cut it in half. How are you going to use all these priests?
And congrats on the new standart bearer, it is one of my favourite models. Use it i Mordheim myself.

@ banner: empireal knights?
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 15 Aug 2011 - 20:32

Grimscull wrote:
Muahaha, Greatsword bodies for core unit. They certainly look nice, I have to admit it. Only thing I'd have done differently is the pike of the Champ. A really nice pose, but holding the pike like this without the index finger makes it look a little light imo. Otherwise a nice unit.
The warrior priests turned out great as well, especially Luthor Huss. Must have been a pain to cut it in half. How are you going to use all these priests?
And congrats on the new standart bearer, it is one of my favourite models. Use it i Mordheim myself.

@ banner: empireal knights?
Thanks! The banner isn't from the Imperial Knigths, you are very close though...

As for the use of Greatswords for Core troops, it will only get worse... I already have a horde of 40 Halberdiers made from the very same kit. The unit is still under construction and the last few models destined for the Halberdiers ended up as these Pikemen... Thatwill be 80 plastic Greatswords devided over two large hordes...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN0959
Here's the unit... This picture was taken a few months back but progress has been slow...
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Aug 2011 - 17:40

I have an update for you, albeit only a small one as I've just finished my first week of backbreaking labour after my vacation...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1429
These are the classic Greatswords that I managed to get on Ebay... There are 24 in total, with the command group, a Warrior Priest and another Character that's 29 models. I still need to find a couple more and something suitable to use as unit-filler...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1431
From left to right, the Character (probably a Captain) and the new unit champion... The Captain has been serving time in Mordheim (as a statue, hence the colour) but I just have to include him in my army. The new unit champion is an old Reiklander model from the Mordheim range. I've had this model for quite some years but never painted him.

The model on the right will replace the champion that can be seen in the pic below...
For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1422

Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2011 - 12:27

this is so good! Looks like it is going to be one hell of an army. I salute you sir!
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2011 - 20:55

Alex wrote:
this is so good! Looks like it is going to be one hell of an army. I salute you sir!
Thanks!

I have a battle report for you! Enjoy!

This afternoon I've played a battle with Morglum Necksnapper (Orcs vs Empire). We both fielded 3000 points (+ an extra Giant on each side) and we played a battle to capture an objective in the middle of the table.

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1432
The initial set-up... We used the fountain as the objective as can be seen in the middle of the battlefield. We used the entire table so there was plenty of room to move around. Both the armies are ready for battle!

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1435
The Stirland line... I fielded an army without ANY magic items or Wizards. Rather bare but that leaves me with more points to spend on troops.
I fielded four Warrior Priests, A General, Captain BSB, 40 Greatswords, 40 Halberdiers, 30 Flagellants, 20 Free Company, 20 Swordsmen, 20 Spearmen, 20 Handgunners, 5 Pistoliers, 10 Outriders and an artillery detachment consisting of a single Mortar, Cannon, Helblaster and Helstorm, supported by three Engineers... I also fielded an additional Giant (Morglum packed two while he had only one on his list, so we decided to both add a Giant to our armies).

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1433

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1436
The Orcs approach... Morglum's army was lead by a Lord on Wyvern. He fielded 60 Forest Goblins, 40 Savage Orcs with additional weapons, 12 Big 'Uns on Boars and five units of 15 Savage Orc Archers, all with a Shaman. He also fielded two Giants. I hope I got it all right, if I missed something, Morglum will hopefully correct me...

Before the first turn I used my Vanguard move to position my Pistoliers and Outriders.
The battle started with the Orcs claiming the first turn. The Orcs moved towards the objective (at least, the ones that weren't squabling amongst themselves). Nothing major happened as most units were still out of range or had marched.
In my first turn I also advanced on the objective and then commenced shooting...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1438
Poor Goblins... The big horde of Goblins numbered 60 at this moment. A few minutes later 41 Goblins had died under the combined fire of my Mortar, the unit of Outriders and a Pigeon Bomb (Rookoo!). Amazingly, the Goblins passed their Panic test, only to be gunned down by the Outriders in the following turn...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1443
The Giant was charged by the Greatswords... Neither managed to finish the combat and so the Greatswords were in turn charged by a Lord on Wyvern...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1445
The combat that followed lasted for anoher two rounds and saw the Giant slain, but the Lord on Wyvern managed to beat the Greatswords (after ripping apart my BSB in a challenge) and ran them down... Ouch!

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1442
Both forces advance on the objective...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1446
The Stirland Halberdiers fight for their lives against a Giant and a unit of Savage Orcs... The fight left the Halberdiers somewhat depleted but victorious, and in charge of the objective!

We ended the battle after four turns. We really would have liked to play another full turn, preferably even two, but we just ran out of time. The battle was still wide open. We both suffered some substancial casualties but had still enough left to put up quite a fight. In the end we decided on a draw as it could have gone either way in the fifth or sixth turn...

I had a really great game with a lot of very fun and tense moments. Morglum was a great opponent to play with, so this battle will definately get a follow-up!

Thanks for watching! As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated, so please let me know what you think!
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Aug 2011 - 22:17

very cool scenery, I dont really know the rules to warhammer that well so can't comment on that Smile but great to see that your amazing army gets some action
Back to top Go down
Essmir.wolf
Hero
Hero
Essmir.wolf

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 30 May 2012 - 20:00

Cool army! What a Face
som more update maby?
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jun 2012 - 16:07

Oh dear, that last battle was fought more than a year ago... Sorry for the lack of updates, but I have some to show you now!

I'll just give you the shortened version of what I have been up to the last year. These are just the highlights and most of the shots are still WIP's but I hope you'll enjoy them nonetheless...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1594
For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1592
For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1844
For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1839
For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1525
For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1536
For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1560
For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1501
For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1503
My scratch-built Great Cannon...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1581
The army as it was a couple of months ago...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1554
My grand battery: six Great Cannon and six Mortars...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1691
A couple of new characters...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1737
Unit of converted Pikemen...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1725
Converted Lietpold the Black riding a new Demi Gryph...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1808
For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1811
One of the little treasures found on Ebay...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1753
For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1754
Converted musician...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1765
My finished Arch Lector on his heavily converted War Altar...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1771
For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1772
For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1773
A couple of painted Looters (my Free Company)...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1810
A horde of very classic Greatswords...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1838
My Huntsmen with a converted Markus Wulfhar and a custom movement tray...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1849
A slightly converted Engineer...

For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1858
For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1863
For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1859
For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1860
For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 DSCN1865
And my latest project: a fully magnetised set of transport crates...

Thanks for watching! I can't promise any more updates coming soon but as always, your feedback is greatly appreciated, so please let me know what you think![left]

Last edited by Boreas_NL on Sat 23 Jun 2012 - 16:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jun 2012 - 16:22

OOOOOH! You've been busy!
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jun 2012 - 10:28

Yes, but not nearly as much as I would have liked... I did fight a fair number of battles and collected and converted a heap of stuff, but I did very little painting...
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jun 2012 - 12:35

when I saw the enormous cannon I was completely blown away. I have no idea what it is but it looks awesome! The new models are great and the storage project is just genius!
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jun 2012 - 14:27

The Cannon was based on the big gun from the Ogre Scraplauncher kit. The rest of the model is largely scratch-built. I use it as a standard Great Cannon in my Empire army...
Back to top Go down
Captain Bernhardt
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Captain Bernhardt

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jun 2012 - 18:26

as always..... GREAT STUFF!!!

when I first saw your great cannon I thought it was a scratch build Luminark, but in more mundane form.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jun 2012 - 19:15

Quote :
when I first saw your great cannon I thought it was a scratch build Luminark, but in more mundane form.

I thought it was Stirlands answer to Middenheim's Ulric's Thunder (or whatever it was called from Storm of Chaos) or perhaps a siege cannon form the W-E Treachery and Greed campaign.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2012 - 0:51

You certainly have been productive. As always your pieces are remarkable, unique creations that never cease to inspire & amaze. WONDERFUL WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2012 - 7:25

What we have in common is the taste in minis. You have some of my absolut favourites in your collection. Then difference is that your minis get painted up nicely and you even take the time for converting crazy stuff, while mine haven't seen a brush in month... Sad
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2012 - 8:34

Primo stuff! I'm impressed with a lot of things, the converting, the painting, but most of all your dedication and effectiveness. You really get stuff done, and the result is a pleasure to behold!
Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2012 - 16:29

I've always believed that you get out of this hobby what you put into it, and with all the great kitbashing, paintjobs, and transportation for this army, it looks like you're getting the most out of all of them. NICELY DONE!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetonezone.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For the glory of Stirland!   For the glory of Stirland! - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For the glory of Stirland!
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9