Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)

Go down 
+39
Alex
ghostbear
MrBromley
renfield286
drakkol
Milnosh
Boreas_NL
xlins
ducat
Ordo Septenarius
BurnTheWitch
Louis
Delectable Tea
Tintin
Arvenger
ASEO
Johann Cocaine
Dwalthrim_Grimsson
FKSN
Marek
floedebolle
DeafNala
Grimscull
Citizen Sade
Captain Bernhardt
werekin
Ravage
MeanBone
Joker2and53
Speckie
HornedRat
Andy
xiconia
Eliazar
Gobo
WarbossKurgan
SeiFeR-NL
Kafka
cianty
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Kafka
Veteran
Veteran
Kafka

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Jan 2011 - 19:09

£47.76 for the mutant. Patriarch went for £30 ish and the beastman £86

- Kafka
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Jan 2011 - 21:29

I would also claim that I've been collecting since then too but I seem to have been replacing more miniatures that got cleared out in '89 (during puberty!?) from my original collection. Sad

Either way the online secondary market significantly improves chances of locating ideal sculpt to suit a particular theme.

Quote :
The WHFRP mini's weren't even that nice...

In my opinion the Halfling is worth more than any
of these simply because it's a nicer piece and has more use to me, but
people have different reasons for buying OOP's or unreleased. I recently
paid what could be deemed too much for 2 blisters of Averlanders but i
wouldn't even trade them for that pimp ! Different people different
reasons

I concur. To my tastes there seems to be so much average stuff that it begs belief how such prices are commanded! Quite right it takes all sorts, and every hobbyist has his own preferences and motives.

No idea if you enjoy the Black Library novels but Sword of Justice is set in Averland. If you do like a good yarn then that one is right up your street sir.
Quote :

Never know, it might come up again soon.

There's always hope! I don't suppose your network of contacts throws up the Marauder Sea Elf coded SE14? Having acquired each of the other listed items I'm unable to lay my hands on elf number 14.

Regards,

Werekin.
Back to top Go down
https://libermalefic.blogspot.com/
Kafka
Veteran
Veteran
Kafka

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jan 2011 - 13:19

Afternoon Smile

werekin wrote:
Either way the online secondary market significantly improves chances of locating ideal sculpt to suit a particular theme.

Life for gamers and collectors has improved significantly over the last 15 or so years with the increased use of the internet, information sharing and groups dedicated to miniature collection. I'm certain if it wasn't for these resources then aquiring anything specific would be near on impossible unless you knew someone with the piece you were looking for. More so for people living out of the main cities and away from the hub of gamers and groups - since i moved away from Glasgow i have pretty much no contact with gamers / collectors apart from via the internet. If it hadn't been for the internet my interest in citadel would not have been re-ignited.

Quote :
I concur. To my tastes there seems to be so much average stuff that it begs belief how such prices are commanded! Quite right it takes all sorts, and every hobbyist has his own preferences and motives.

I think the GW switch over to a preference for plastic / reduction in metal mini production and the removal of the bits service added fuel to the fire price wise. Metal is for the enthusiast / collectors, plastic is for the kids and with a decrease in the overall range and variation GW is now offering it's just making things more intense price wise as people scoop up the nicer legacy metal miniatures. I hate to think what prices are going to look like in 5 years time for metal mini's Sad

I remember when i worked in GW and pretty much all the shops would stock the entire range of minis for fantasy, 40k and none-core games. Now you walk into a GW store and there's very little choice metal wise ... ebay has replaced GW as my miniature supplier and i doubt that will ever change.

Quote :
No idea if you enjoy the Black Library novels but Sword of Justice is set in Averland. If you do like a good yarn then that one is right up your street sir.

I was never really into the GW literature but i'll check it out if i get the chance Smile

Quote :
There's always hope!

Failing that have a word with Marek Very Happy

Quote :
I don't suppose your network of contacts throws up the Marauder Sea Elf coded SE14? Having acquired each of the other listed items I'm unable to lay my hands on elf number 14.

This one here ? Seems there's a high demand for that. You're the third person in the last few months to ask after him Very Happy I'll keep an eye out.

- Kafka
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 7 Jan 2011 - 19:07

He is indeed the offending warrior I sought my liege... I am there now Kafka! Lovely gent named Michael Garza (Heldrak) has sorted me out. Originally Michael flogged me the other remaining Sea Elves plus replacements for a couple sold damaged by another seller. While these were each around the £4 mark he didn't have SE14 due to it's increased popularity. One just became available and he sold it to me instead of a listing. The asking price was $30.

Incidentally a Czech girl I work with was reading a novel by a Japanese author which had 'Kafka' in the book title. I quizzed her about this for obvious reasons and received a long lecture about the author! Today she handed me a USB-stick with a movie about the cult author starring Jeremy Irons! Look forwards to watching it this weekend for an understanding of his legacy. Smile

I followed your lead regarding the chap who might have a Halfling Pimp. After a rummage he confirmed he had one but wasn't happy to part with it due to it being a characterful sculpt. He does however have a couple of contacts who may be willing to sell. This will take a few weeks for him to look into but the trail has not gone cold at least.

Thanks,

Werekin.
Back to top Go down
Kafka
Veteran
Veteran
Kafka

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 7 Jan 2011 - 20:39

Evening Smile

werekin wrote:
Heldrak has sorted me out. The asking price was $30.

Congrats on the quick find ! Price is fair for both parties and i think you would struggle to get it as quickly or at that price elsewhere Smile

Quote :
Today she handed me a USB-stick with a movie about the cult author starring Jeremy Irons! Look forwards to watching it this weekend for an understanding of his legacy. Smile

Oddly i have had mention the word / name 'kafka' means 'little bird' in Polish, Franz Kafka being the writer people seem to mention. I got the name from a character in Forgotten Realms 13 years ago. I've never read a thing written by him but i've been told a few times i should ... so maybe i should Smile Hope you enjoy the film though. If it turns out to be rubbish let us know so we don't all have too Razz

Quote :
This will take a few weeks for him to look into but the trail has not gone cold at least.

That's why there's never any harm in asking thumbsup Better brace yourself for the price though affraid

Again congrats on picking up the sea elf and with any luck a pre-emptive congrats on the pimp Very Happy

- Kafka
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 8 Jan 2011 - 12:51

Stu, Kafka is dealt with in our school nowawadays, old man. Wink
Except in mine it seems though...

My girl-friend has read a number of books by Murakami and a japanese-speaking friend has read a few in original language...

Back on topic... When will the Mordheim Jester come up on ebay? I want it!!
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jan 2011 - 1:41

Soderburgh's film 'Kafka' is chocked full of surprises. Gets two thumbs up from me! Have a shed-load of other sci-fi/fantasy reading to get through before I'll be clear to pick out some of his written works though, including a couple of Salvadore's masterpieces from your Forgotten Realms setting. Wink

Skimming through descriptions of the authors works on Wiki was fascinating. Sounds like there's a decent literature for a curriculum which you narrowly missed out being weened on Chris! My grammar school ran a syllabus for English language & literature containing nothing I can look back fondly on. Sad

Er, what use is a jester in a street-fight? Show me some real warriors or a flock of sheep...
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jan 2011 - 13:09

Jester's fu-in kick ass! Period. jocolor
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Captain Bernhardt
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Captain Bernhardt

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011 - 11:28

Back to top Go down
Citizen Sade
Ancient
Ancient
Citizen Sade

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011 - 13:21

An unboxed, but otherwise mint, version of The Citadel Giant went for £825 on Ebay UK last year.
Back to top Go down
Captain Bernhardt
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Captain Bernhardt

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011 - 13:42

...I stand corrected... silent
Back to top Go down
Kafka
Veteran
Veteran
Kafka

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011 - 14:05

Captain Bernhardt wrote:
affraid affraid affraid

this has got to be the most expensive citadel model I've ever seen!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250749737073&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Be very affraid Very Happy One of those went for over £1100 a few months ago if i remember correctly ... piece of crap if you ask me and the money would be better spent on my mortgage !

- Kafka
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011 - 14:33

Citizen Sade wrote:
An unboxed, but otherwise mint, version of The Citadel Giant went for £825 on Ebay UK last year.
Kafka wrote:

Be very affraid Very Happy One of those went for over £1100 a few months ago if i remember correctly
Nuts! geek Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011 - 15:15

Grimscull wrote:
Citizen Sade wrote:
Kafka wrote:

Be very affraid Very Happy One of those went for over £1100 a few months ago if i remember correctly
Nuts! geek Rolling Eyes

True Collectors seem to be a unique breed that places great value on objects of their desire not for any particular artistic merit, but simply because they're rare; i.e.,bleeding impossible to find. Often the only thing to recommend them is their rarity. Suspect
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011 - 19:27

If I could afford to buy that set I would just kit-bash it to f**k. Wink

It's bound to be useful for something. Every Citadel component usually is.

Last edited by werekin on Wed 12 Jan 2011 - 20:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011 - 19:47

werekin wrote:
It's bound to be useful for something. Every Citadel component usually is.

Amen to that. Sometime over the years I stopped thinking of Citadel's things as models in & of themselves, & started looking at them as collections of wonderful little components for making unique pieces by mixing & matching. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Kafka
Veteran
Veteran
Kafka

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jan 2011 - 22:53

Dwarf Pit Fighter anyone ?

Bargain at £31 lol!

Edited to add a few :

Ostlander Warband at £50

Lots of Sisters ! at £72

Witch Hunter at £27

- Kafka
Back to top Go down
Kafka
Veteran
Veteran
Kafka

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jan 2011 - 20:55

Ostlanders Ahoy !

2 more Here and here

- Kafka
Back to top Go down
Citizen Sade
Ancient
Ancient
Citizen Sade

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jan 2011 - 18:30

Unleash the ...

Marauder warhounds

Excellent.

I use 'em in my witch hunter warband.
Back to top Go down
Kafka
Veteran
Veteran
Kafka

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan 2011 - 19:48

Complete Averlander warband with a few days to go.

- Kafka
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jan 2011 - 20:26

Hej guys, i sell my Orc Warband , crammed with old ´93 and ´98 Savage Orc modells and some Forest Gobbos! floedebolle

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260728060355&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 1 Feb 2011 - 20:15

Those aren't particularly vintage! Come back when you have some sheep. Wink
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 1 Feb 2011 - 21:28

@werekin:of course they are not from the good old 80´s, like the ones from the third compendium, wich i like the most, but you have to accept that the forestgoblins and the savageorcs arre boyz + big boss guys( in total 7 ) are from the 93´s , so to me they are oop, of course not vintage. the rest is actually available over GW, sorry, havent been to their website in years, due to the fact that the only listing i considder worth it is Stuff of legends and ebay to get your hands on some of those lovely little 80´s figures, if youre lucky. the reason why i am selling those i have is that i want a orc warband consisting only of orcs from the 80´s. But due to the fact that those command orcs from the late 90´s are converted, i think they are still worth to be mentioned here!?

By the way, i will let you know when i have some sheep. Smile

its not that i want to make those orcs what they actually not are.
those are nice minis, with a nice basejob, thats all, floedebolle

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 4 Feb 2011 - 0:24

[Deleted]

Last edited by Broken1 on Thu 25 Jan 2018 - 0:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Marek
Youngblood
Youngblood
Marek

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 4 Feb 2011 - 7:38

Finally the Jester appears on eBay. He could get expensive. I would be shocked if went for less than £120, and possibly a good bit more, so I predict £150.

I've already saved him to my 'watched list' - I cant wait to see the final minute sniping. Cool

After that kiss of death he'll probably finish on £30 now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)   Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post interesting Ebay findings here! (NOT your own stuff!)
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next