Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!

Go down 
+10
Din
Helias de Nappo
Yilderim
SerialMoM
Blade Runner
Harganok
NoisyAssassin
RationalLemming
DeafNala
Von Kurst
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jul 2014 - 6:08

Deafnala wrote:
A new high point was reached with a name: Bunny the Slayer has become a legendary class name. WELL DONE!  thumbsup 
Thanks Al.  It has a certain ring to it...(Foolish people call her Bunny because of the horns on the Daemon skull she wears as a helmet.  Bunny wears a Daemon skull as a helmet... Don't tease Bunny.)

The Dwarfs attempted to evade the Sister's tithe by sailing at night.  They are called the Sisters Fanaticus for a reason...
The Sisters had the wind, luck and a hired Tilean.  The Dwarfs had initiative two.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d922b3127cce98548f7d1bdc00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Sisters even confiscated the Dwarfs row boat.  One novice fell overboard and drifted away into the night.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d922b3127cce98548f7c9aed00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

There were few Dwarfs to begin with.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d922b3127cce98548f7f1bde00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d922b3127cce98548f7e9aef00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Double jeopardy.  Not the Dwarfs' night.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d922b3127cce98548f7b1bda00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The end came in a flurry of hammers and whips.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d922b3127cce98548f651bc400000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Post Battle
The Dwarfs struck their colors.  One or two may have died.  A Clansman survives and becomes a hero. The defeat causes the warband to be lost at sea (the warband could not find a Supply Source to trade at after the battle).
Dwarf Treasure Hunters--1 CP

The Sisters collected the dwarfs' cargo.  Nun are reported injured (get it 'nun' clown ).
Sisters Fanaticus--2 CP
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jul 2014 - 9:01

Von Kurst wrote:
The Sisters had the wind, luck and a hired Tilean.  The Dwarfs had initiative two.
 lol! 

So are you saying that it wasn't playtable's obvious skill, cunning and tactics that won the battle?  Wink 
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Jul 2014 - 14:14

...Short People ain't got nobody!: currently playing inside my head. GREAT REPORT & PHOTOS!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jul 2014 - 2:51

RL wrote:
So are you saying that it wasn't playtable's obvious skill, cunning and tactics that won the battle?

Yes.  clown 

I seen it with me own eyes, I tell ye!  The orcs sailed right between the Druchi and them Furry Footes.  Arrows, crossbow bolts, cannon, by Sigmar someone shot one with a pistol.  Cannon going off like fire crackers at a party, I tell ye true.

Orcs sailed right through with the decks awash with blood, squigs bounding through the smoke.  Both cannon crews loading and firing as long as they was able.  It were terrible, but the orcs sailed right through it all.  No shots hit their rigging or the rudder (that's always a killer, ain't it just?), though the crew suffered something fierce all the same.

Lucky fer the orcs that the Druchi didn't want to board a smelly orc hulk.  The Druchi went right for the Furry Toes they did.  Didn't like what they got for their trouble, but they stepped right up, flags flying.

My three ships.  The orcs have sailed through the malestorm of missiles and are just trying to escape.  Gary and Chris let the crippled orc crew go (and claim victory) just to try to settle their own score from the first game.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d922b3127cce98548f669af700000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d922b3127cce98548f611bc000000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The orcs sailed off the opposite table edge to claim a victory.  Rob hung on with over 50% casualties.  No report of casualties or loot has been received thus far.
Da Mob--2 CPs

The Dark Elves failed a Ld 10 rout check trying to board the pesky Puddins' ship.
Dark Elves--1 CP

Da Puddins claim a psychological victory for foiling the Dark Elves twice in one night.
Puddin Pyrates of Pineapple Pier--1 CP

From the Saga of the Toss Their Hair Tribe
It came to pass that the moons rose, full and bright.  There by the moonlight Freya did see a small, clumsy ship making for the open sea under full sail.  The Wave Serpent sprang after the enemy with the wind filling its sails.

Soon the crew could see the glowing eyes of the goblins of the Night.  The little green-skins shouted and shot arrows fruitlessly at the Tribe.  Sling-stone and arrow flew in reply.  The goblins cried with dismay as several of their number fell. Still the green devils pressed on, ramming their bow into the stern of the Wave Serpent.  The first goblin across the rail fell before Modon's daggers.  Hera and Ketta shouted war-cries as they leaped among the poor, weak goblins.  A goblin hero fell before Hera's sword.  Lesser goblins fell before Ketta as she ravened among them. Arrows and sling stones slammed into the mass of goblins as they gathered in the waist of the ship about their chief.

All did not go the Tribe's way.  Ketta was stabbed in the back by a lowly goblin armed only with a dagger.  Another goblin flew out of the night [Leap of Waagh] to slash Freya with poisoned daggers as she directed the assault from the bow of the Wave Serpent.  Bunny the Slayer cut the berserker down to break the goblin attack and avenge Freya.

The Night Goblins sail dead on toward the Amazons.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d922b3127cce98548f671bc600000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Post Battle
The Night Goblins suffered horribly in their first game.  They broke with 2 heroes OoA as well as 3 or 4 goblins.  Some died, but the heroes survived.  One hates the Amazons now...
Night Goblins--1 CP

Ketta fully recovered.  Freya rolled Madness and got Stupidity... I'm seriously considering re-rolling that one [Freya has the skill the Elixir of Life].  Otherwise the tribe retreated to the Heart of Darkness to trade.  Skins and Charms for Ketta, Hera and Freya.
The Toss Their Hair Tribe--4 CP (+2 Prizes Taken)

Last edited by Von Kurst on Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 3:30; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jul 2014 - 2:59

COOL REPORTS & PHOTO! When an Amazon rolls stupidity, do you have to repaint her as a blonde?   What a Face
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jul 2014 - 4:23

Ha!  Ketta IS a blonde (Its hard to tell with the Jaguar headdress, but she is.)

I added a photo to the above report.  I forgot it earlier somehow.  Playtable is taking me seriously when I said I only needed one photo of a game... Suspect

Edit: found another photo of the three player game. Ignore the one photo comments.  Embarassed 

Last edited by Von Kurst on Wed 9 Jul 2014 - 3:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Jul 2014 - 11:17

One photo is better than none I guess.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Jul 2014 - 3:25

A Dark Night
The Sisters Fanaticus versus the Wolfpack Undead

From the Lament of Sister Reina
The night was dark.  The howls of lost souls echoed across the waves.  The Sisters first knew they were attacked when a Black Ship appeared off the bow.  It was too late.   A gaunt man with a glowing sword fell upon them.  Slavering wolves of hell followed in his wake, worrying the bodies of the fallen.  The carnage was unspeakable.

The Undead attack!
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d922b3127cce98548f649af500000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Vampire is momentarily swarmed by Sisters who soon wish they had not charged.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d922b3127cce98548f629af300000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

There are fewer Sisters...
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d922b3127cce98548f631bc200000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

A two doesn't wound T4...
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d922b3127cce98548f609af100000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Post Battle
playtable wrote:
Night, 6" vision for me
He charged me first.
His vampire has lightning reflexes and high initiative. And 4 attacks.
I had 3 on him twice, he spread his attacks out and kicked butt each time. Plus he was rolling good too
Just like I was rolling 6s for dwarf injuries the game before.
I had 2 heroes OOA before I could rout.
2 cannon crew died.
Sister Reina is T2 now. And BS2.  Multiple injuries.
Only reason she will stay a while is that she has 2 wounds.
Still has to miss a game. So I'm not sure I should keep her any longer. Thinking about retirement.
Sisters Fanaticus--1 CP

JimB wrote:
Since it cost my vampire Strahd 144 gold to replace the 2 dead wolves and hire another necromancer, he was very pissed off and ended up knocking out 5 ladies in this boarding action.
Due to these battles he gained a weapon skill and sprint.
I now have 15 CP.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Jul 2014 - 3:31

It ain't easy being a Holy Babe...apparently. ONCE MORE a COOL REPORT & PHOTOS!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Jul 2014 - 11:20

Oh... It sounds like there might be a shake up at the top of the ladder.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2014 - 23:49

Week Four--Welcome to the Jungle

Bob--Night Goblins
Chris--Dark Elves
Elijah--Undead
Jim B--Undead
Playtable--Sisters of Sigmar
Von Kurst--Amazons
Von Kurst--Wastelander Privateers

Dems My Gubbinz
The Wastelander Privateers versus the Night Goblins

The storm blew up quick, like they do in these parts.  One minute the sun was shining and the birds were singing, the next, hold on to something because she's going to blow!  Them Nordlanders was some miserable.  Their powder was ruined, all except for Gunner Smeg's, himself snug in his great coat.  There was lightning blasting from the skies, torrential rain coming down, angry monkeys screaming, one of them Scaled One gods and more goblins than the World's Edge Mountains!

Fortunately the little buggers lost their stomach for facing steel before the crew was wiped out. The green bastids got most of the treasure, but Nordland held the village!  Huzzah!

A goblin berserker manages to kill the Coatl.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d931b3127cce98548f6a3a0400000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Post Battle
The Goblins failed their first break test.  One goblin is captured by the privateers.
Night Goblins--1 CP

Despite their failure to secure the Sacred Gubbin or even most of the treasure, the Nordlanders won their first game.  A stash of Grog is secured as well as a cask of Bugmans.  The newest gunner dies of his wounds, but the band is able to loot his body to secure his possessions.
Wastelander Privateers--2 CP

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d930b3127cce98548f5da3b700000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

'Twas a dark and stormy night, I tell ye.  Just like them tales say they was.  Dark and miserable.  Only elfs and dead things would be out on such a night, and so they were.  Wolves that wasn't wolves no more howled.  A gale raged. Things that had died afore time, died again.  The two groups of servants of Darkness stalked each other through an abandoned goblin village.

Post Battle
The Wolfpack failed its first rout test of the campaign.  One of the dire wolves is destroyed.  The undead trade with a cheating merchant.
Wolfpack Undead--1 CP

The Dark Elfs decide to cash in a Treasure Map.  (Everyone has one but me.)  They make even more money than usual and roll the 'best' result on the Treasure Map table.  (I am not bitter.)
Dark Elfs--2 CP
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Jul 2014 - 0:27

Have you noticed that in addition to their miserable attitudes Elves of all persuasion have incredible luck. They are, from my totally unbiased perspective, a thoroughly despicable race of ne'er do wells.   Suspect 
GREAT REPORTS nonetheless!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Jul 2014 - 4:54

Deafnala wrote:
Have you noticed that in addition to their miserable attitudes Elves of all persuasion have incredible luck. They are, from my totally unbiased perspective, a thoroughly despicable race of ne'er do wells.

To true. However, there will be a reckoning What a Face 

Background
The two warbands have been hunting each other through the jungle.  Unfortunately for them their maneuvers have forced two of the most efficient killers in Lustria into the ground between them.  Some days you get the tiger and some days the tiger gets you.

The Purple Duke advances.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d931b3127cce98548f6fbb3100000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Ghouls clash with the more numerous Sisters.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d931b3127cce98548f6c3a0200000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Darkness drags Novice Gretta II to her doom.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d931b3127cce98548f6dbb3300000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

playtable wrote:
Night 14”
The Darkness found Novice Gretta II, took her OOA and drug her off the table.
The Ghost never showed up.
Vampire’s mob routs and gets +4 exp.
(Sister Regina was gone nursing a wound.)
Sister Cautious Faith the Augur died and was raised as a zombie.
Sister Zelda (LGT Sister), drowned in Xlippahruichakk’s clutches.
I traded at the cheating merchant, so took Haggle for Sister Charity’s skill advance.
Down 2 heroes until Novice Charline rolled LGT.
I won but got the crap beat out of me.
Sisters Fanaticus--2 CP

Elijah wrote:
I went up against the Sisters and their blasted hammers again. And their blasted whips. Their rating was far higher than mine, so my goal was to not lose any heroes and then rout ASAP. An unexpected high point came when Baron Moore, as I've taken to calling my vampire, took aim and let fly the only arrow of the game for my team, hitting and killing the Augur and thus adding her to the ol' roster.
The Purple Court--1 CP

From The Saga of the Toss Their Hair Tribe
The Tribe found the Celestial Canopy threatened on every side.  Scouts reported the Goblins of the Night had found one of the Paths of the Old Ones.  If the Goblins were allowed to pass unchallenged, the blight of the Outsiders could spread deep into the jungle.
The Tribe rushed toward an abandoned village to intercept the Goblins.  Thus began the Night of Five Battles.  First, the scout Aðísla was attacked by hunting Cold Ones.  Aðísla bravely faced the beasts, killing one before being wounded by the other.  Ketta the Mad struck the last Cold One before it could injure the scout further.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d931b3127cce98548f5e3a3000000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The struggle with the lizards split the Tribe's warriors.  Ketta had barely cut off the head of the last beast when the Little People attacked from the north.   The Little People shot poisoned darts and challenged Ketta with their spears.  Ketta and Hera fell upon the Little Ones.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d931b3127cce98548f57bb0900000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

As the Totem Warriors fought with the Little People, the Goblins struck!  Arrows flew out of the darkness.  Freya the Priestess glimpsed a shadow in the gloom.  Freya called the Light.  Suddenly the Goblins of the Night were revealed.  The Goblins cried out in dismay.  But one chanted and gibbered.  The glowing Goblin was lifted and hurled at the Tribe by a giant green hand!  Cara and Kara hacked the glowing Goblin to pieces as arrows landed among the Tribe and the Goblins hooted from the dark.

Once again Freya called the Light.  The Goblins were revealed again.  Etta the scout charged the mass of Goblins.  Arrows slammed into the Goblin line.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d931b3127cce98548f563a3800000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d931b3127cce98548f6e3a0000000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Alas Etta was overcome.  Then Kara was hacked down.  Goblins pressed forward out the dark hooting and gibbering.  
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d931b3127cce98548f543a3a00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Even Lorna the Huntress fell before a Goblin ax.  Then a roar split the darkness.  It was followed close by a thin scream.  The Goblins lost heart and fled!
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d931b3127cce98548f51bb0f00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Post Battle
The Goblins fled just before they could overwhelm the Tribe.  Another goblin or two may have died.  A goblin hero is gathered up into Xlippahruichakk’s clutches, but returns Hardened.  The Goblins find a settlement to trade at and spend money.
Night Goblins--1 CP

The Tribe made all sorts of money.  They found a cache of Grog, including the cask of Bugman's Ale.  In addition the skins of the Cold Ones netted 80 gc.  Woot!  Nearly every hero gained an advance and the Tribe traded at the Heart of Darkness (friendly settlement).
Toss Their Hair Tribe--2 CP
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Jul 2014 - 15:55

Jungle Skirmish
The Purple Court versus the Wolfpack

Ye should of seen it, two Vampire hosts meeting in trackless jungle. (Well there was a path.  And an abandoned village.  Who would stay to face the undead when you could flee? But the place was far from anywhere.) Bold as brass, those gentlemen.  The two bands went right for each other's throats they did.  It were all over in minutes.

The battlefield.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d931b3127cce98548f69bb3700000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Tense confrontation.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d931b3127cce98548f55bb0b00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Elijah wrote:
Game Two against the Undead went a bit better as I was able to avoid fighting the enemy vampire.  I took out enough wolves and lost enough ghouls that we were both to the point of rout testing each turn.  I chose to run away because closing time was upon us, but that was probably best anyway, as I don't know how much longer I could have avoided his vampire.
A Dire Wolf is destroyed in the battle and a dreg known as Nameless Spear Carrier must miss three games with a Deep Wound.
The Purple Court--1 CP

The Wolfpack lost their cute little monkey, but the Vampire caught a huge fish to feast on.
The Wolfpack--2 CP

From the Chronicle Fanaticus
10 Vorgeheim 2014.  After the funeral mass for poor Sister Zelda, the depleted company pressed on.  When Sigmar sends us trials we must bear them, so it is written so it shall be.
We had marched but a short ways through the jungle when the scouts returned with news of The Enemy close by.  The Sisters met the emergency with discipline and ardor.

playtable wrote:
Daytime, good weather
I found the signpost on bottom of turn 1.  (Barrels #6)
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d931b3127cce98548f683a0600000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Then I rushed him with everyone.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d931b3127cce98548f6bbb3500000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

[Except Guido the Tilean...]
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d931b3127cce98548f503a3e00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Chris’ shooting was all 1’s and 2’s.  The few times he hit it was 1’s and 2’s to wound.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d931b3127cce98548f523a3c00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d931b3127cce98548f53bb0d00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA
He lost enough to rout and did.

Captured Signpost, hired new Auger, back to 6 heroes.
Now at 280.  Won 5 lost 4.
15 Sisters plus Tilean marksman (Guido) and a Bard (Lillian)(and a very helpful bard too!)
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d930b3127cce98548f5a228000000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d930b3127cce98548f5ba3b100000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA
Sisters Fanaticus--2 CP

Last edited by Von Kurst on Sun 13 Jul 2014 - 1:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Jul 2014 - 16:37

I LOVE the exotic foliage. The boards & those minis that are painted look WONDERFUL...the Blonde Bard is a BEAUTY. GREAT STUFF!   thumbsup 
I'm sorry I'm always down on those unpainted minis. I've never been a part of a gaming group that tolerated the use of unpainted troops. If I ever find myself living in the Indianapolis area, I volunteer to paint those minis free of charge...you can hold me to that.   What a Face
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jul 2014 - 10:09

Those boat battles look like immensely chaotically fun! And I like your New World scenery. It suits the mood of the battles real fine!
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jul 2014 - 16:07

Thanks for the kind comments gents.

Deafnala wrote:
I'm sorry I'm always down on those unpainted minis. I've never been a part of a gaming group that tolerated the use of unpainted troops.

Very Happy  I feel your pain, even when they are my unpainted troops! We used to try to encourage painting. For awhile the fact that playtable took photos got a few folks to slap some paint on, but it only goes so far.  Suspect 

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d808b3127cce98548f70725400000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Campaign Points as of Week 4
Jim B--Undead. Objective: Scourge of the Seas-------------------19 CP
Jim L--Sisters of Sigmar. Objective: Burn the Witch--------------16 CP
Jim S--Amazons. Objective: Cult of the Celestial Canopy-------14 CP
Chris--Dark Elves. Objective: The Silent Threat-------------------13 CP
Gary--Halflings, Objective: Cult of the Celestial Canopy---------10 CP
Rob--Da Mob. Objective: Scourge of the Seas----------------------7 CP
Elijah--Undead, Objective: Scourge of the Seas--------------------6 CP
Todd--Dwarf Treasure Hunters. Objective: Lure of Fortune------6 CP
Jim S--Privateers, Objective: Scourge of the Seas------------------5 CP
Bob--Night Goblins, Objective: Scourge of the Seas---------------4 CP
Chad--Sartosan Pyrates, Objective: Scourge of the Seas--------2 CP
Back to top Go down
Harganok
Hero
Hero
Harganok

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jul 2014 - 4:21

Looks like a great campaign so far VK. Really liking the painted sisters that playtable has. Maybe get a game in sometime soon with the old green and golds once they get a few swipes from a nerf bat.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jul 2014 - 5:34

Thanks mate! We have LOTS of new faces.

Quote :
Maybe get a game in sometime soon with the old green and golds once they get a few swipes from a nerf bat.
It would be great if you had the time. If you would face the Thieves you wouldn't even have to nerf your poor Slinkers. The Thieves have a brand new carpet to lose (I mean use).
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jul 2014 - 17:49

Week Five--Ports of Call
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d936b3127cce98548f31f06300000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Andrew--Da Suncrasha Black Orcs
Bob--Night Goblins
Chad--Pyrates
Chris--Dark Elves
Elijah--The "Purple Court"Undead
Jim B--The "Wolfpack" Undead
Playtable--Sisters Fancaticus
Von Kurst--The Toss Their Hair Tribe

Fancy Meetin’ You ‘Ere
Report and photos by playtable (AKA Jim L)
Night 9” nightsight, good weather, no random events
Jim L. vs Vampire Jim [AKA Jim B or Jim #3].
I had 1 shard, Jim #3 had 3 shards of wyrdstone
2 Undead stayed on the roof, drunk and out of the way.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d936b3127cce98548f47f01500000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

One with a bow stayed on a roof and got a couple of nothing shots off.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d936b3127cce98548f44712600000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Sisters had 4 drunk but used them in the fight anyway.
Undead set up first, both warbands came down the street in strength.
Sisters paused by a pile of barrels waiting for the charge.
Undead learned to slow down and move as a pack to support each other.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d936b3127cce98548f41f01300000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Sisters got the 1st charge with a lone henchwoman (Teresa) against a zombie that stumbled into the lead by magic. Tilian Guido, knocked down 1 dire wolf with his crossbow  The zombie went back to the grave in HTH.
Teresa in turn got charged by a hero ghoul and a dreg (I think)
Teresa went OOA.
At the same time, the 4 other dire wolves and the vampire charged the front line of the Sisters.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d936b3127cce98548f43f01100000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d936b3127cce98548f40712200000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

In the counter-charge, 2 wolves went OOA.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d936b3127cce98548f4df01f00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Undead came back and charged again with the vampire going after Mother Margrett. Fortunately, a henchwoman intercepted and gave Mother time to rout with 6 OOA including Sister Superior Victoria.  Sister Victoria missed the next game while she convalesced.
Undead for the win.  They keep their 3 wyrdstone and steal the Sister’s 1 wyrdstone.
And find a free hired sword to boot.
Sisters loose Sister Inga, a henchwoman with 8 exp.
Sisters open a crate and find a dose of Crimson Shade.  Boo!
Undead 2CP, Sisters 1CP

Jim B wrote:
I won. I had 2 wolves knocked out, but they recovered fine. The shining points were my vampire Strahd gained another wound and I gained an Ogre bodyguard.

Skirmish
Report by Andrew, photos by playtable

Da Suncrasha Orcs fought against the Pirates-Who-Ease-People-In-Gently, Boss Suncrasha identifying their captain as a worthy rival for being the Scourge of the Seas. After spending the entire battle hiding behind cover on the completely wrong side of the battlefield surrounded by elite bodyguards, Boss Suncrasha called a retreat after his henchmen and Young'uns, Harda, Fasta, Stronga, Betta, and Phil successfully downed the Captain of the Pirates-Who-Ease-People-In-Gently with arrows. No henchmen were lost, but Phil the archer who took out the captain came perilously close.

Da Suncrasha Orcs +2 CP (participated and Rival taken out of action)

The Pyrates close in.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d936b3127cce98548f59f00b00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d936b3127cce98548f46712400000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Pyrates gained their first win.  The Captain survived.
Pyrates--2 CP

Last edited by Von Kurst on Wed 23 Jul 2014 - 14:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Jul 2014 - 18:53

VERY CINEMATIC game...I see there's an Orc Quarter to the town.   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jul 2014 - 13:05

Great reports and good job Pyrates.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jul 2014 - 3:19

DeafNala wrote:
VERY CINEMATIC game...I see there's an Orc Quarter to the town.   thumbsup

I decided we should have one, there are, at least theoretically, three greenskin mobs in the campaign now;  Torktuga ought to accommodate them.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Skirmish
The Night Goblins versus the Purple Court

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d936b3127cce98548f58713a00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d936b3127cce98548f4a712800000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d936b3127cce98548f4bf01900000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA
Elijah wrote:
Game 1 I lost to Bob's Goblins.  I learned a lesson this game.  I took a shot with my dreg, thus bringing him out of hiding, but my two ghouls remained hidden.  I was thinking that at least a couple goblins would charge and the ghouls would still be able to intercept.  Bob elected to shoot instead of charging and, since my ghouls were hidden, my dreg was the closest target.  He was shot down.
The Purple Court--1 CP

The Goblins the Night--2 CP
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Press Gang!
Report and photos by playtable

Night 10” range of vision, good weather, 9 drunks.
The Sisters Fanaticus versus Da Suncrushas
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d936b3127cce98548f32715000000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Random event brings soldiers; but they do nothing as they never get within 10” of an Orc due to a very large building in the way.
Both sides had 3 drunks in the end. Orcs had 4 but one died.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d936b3127cce98548f30715200000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Of note: Black orc boss charged a frenzied drunk, got knocked down, sisters shot into the HTH and knocked the drunk down. The boss finally took the drunk OOA, but that is the one who died.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d936b3127cce98548f35f06700000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

One Orc jumped down,  passed his Initiative test and charged a girl...
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d936b3127cce98548f33f06100000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The orc got re-charged by 3 Sisters. His boss is at the time the only close orc, but the boss was knocked down…Orc failed his all alone test and ran off the board 2 turns later.
With 2 OOA, the Black Orcs rout.  Gain much exp.
Sisters open a crate and find a Great Coat.  Stupid crates!!!
Sisters 2CP, Black Orcs 1CP

Andrew's version:
Next, the Suncrasha Orcs engaged the Sisters of Sigmar in a raid to capture drunks. The Suncrasha Orcs managed to quickly gather three drunks, as did the Sisters, but Boss Suncrasha found himself fighting a particularly worthy foe in a back and forth battle lasting almost the entire match.

One of the Black Orcs, Burna managed to successfully survive engaging three Sisters alone, but upon looking back and seeing his Boss being knocked down by a drunk, decided he didn't particularly like this warband anyway, and proceeded to start running and never look back. Boss Suncrasha, upon seeing his best warrior flee, and having finally managed to cave in the head of a particularly resilient Sister* (for it must have been, no mere drunk could have possibly been this strong, so it must have been a crossdressing infiltrating Sister) decided to leave then.
+1 CP (participated).

*unreliable narrator

In total, the Suncrasha Orcs made off with 3 CP, a pile of gold, a medicine chest, and two treasure maps, to be used later.

Last edited by Von Kurst on Wed 23 Jul 2014 - 14:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jul 2014 - 14:39

I can see a GREAT future for Andrew either in TV News commentary or politics. That aside, the report & photos are TERRIFIC as always. Eben though some are unpainted thus far, there is quite a refreshing assortment of cool minis in use. VERY WELL DONE!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jul 2014 - 23:16

Another Torktugan Skirmish
The Pyrates versus the Purple Court

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d936b3127cce98548f37f06500000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Thera, the zombie amazon, walks into a hail of shot as the cowardly ghouls hide... The Purple Duke is taking no chances, he leads from the rear.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d936b3127cce98548f34715600000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Elijah wrote:
Game 2: my guys were just mowed down by a swivel gun and a blunderbuss.
The Purple Court--1 CP

The Pyrates--2 CP
____________________________________________________________________________________
And Another Skrimish near the Greenskin Quarter
The Wolfpack versus the Ghostly Goblins of the Night

The Vampire charges ahead.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d936b3127cce98548f3e715c00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Its going poorly for the Ghostly Goblins...
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 47a4d936b3127cce98548f3c715e00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Jim B wrote:
Second game against Bob. I won. He had some squigs. One chewed up a dire wolf and a Dreg knocked out another. They both recovered. Strahd knocked out 3 enemies.
I only messed up 1 ghoul's stats. He now has gained 1 leadership, 1 weapon skill and 1 ballistic skill.

Once again a very fun evening. I need to figure a way to make the Dire Wolves more survivable.
Ghostly Goblins of the Night--1 CP

The Wolfpack--2 CP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next