Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!

Go down 
+10
Din
Helias de Nappo
Yilderim
SerialMoM
Blade Runner
Harganok
NoisyAssassin
RationalLemming
DeafNala
Von Kurst
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 13 Sep 2014 - 4:01

Week Twelve--Let's Bungle in the Jungle

Bob--The Ghostly Goblins of the Night
Chad--Sartosan Pyrates
Chris--Dark Elves of Naggaroth.
Jim S--The Toss Their Hair Tribe.
Elijah--The Purple Court Undead,
Andrew--Da Suncrashas Black Orcs
Rob--Da Gray Horde Orcs
Scott--Skaven

Haunted Treasure

Report and photos by Elijah
The Suncrashas and the Purple Court came upon an ancient treasure guarded by cannibals.  Naturally the Court regarded the cannibals as competition and decided to ignore the treasure completely and rush straight for the green sausages-on-(stumpy)-legs, so as to establish dibs on the juiciest bits.  Both Sammy Terry and Doug, the Overtaker fell down twice just trying to make it across the field, which made them quite late to the fight.  Meanwhile, one of several completely invincible orcs simply ran up the temple steps alone and took every thing that the cannibals could throw at him without any worries whatever.  A couple of ghouls and the imperial assassin were lost to missile fire.  Then the fighting began.  The undead were quickly broken, but stayed in the fight.  When Baron Moore went down, Frank was able to hold the band together and continue.  When Frank went down, Jenna exhorted the remaining ghouls to keep fighting even as she sidled away from the foe.  When she too was shot down only the Very Skinny Beggar and a single ghoul were left to flee.

Boss Suncrasha and his minions.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d732b3127cce98548c6f184800000055120AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Baron leads from the front.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d732b3127cce98548c6e997900000035120AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Battle is joined.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d732b3127cce98548c61184600000035120AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Frank holds on for now.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d732b3127cce98548c60997700000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA
Baron Moore awoke to the sound of approaching footsteps - a horse-sized lizard which he promptly slew.  Sammy and Doug are slower now, with gimpy legs.  The dreg formerly known as Worthless Nameless was captured by the orcs.  Baron Moore refused to pay more than ten gold coins for him and the Suncrashas agreed.  He's now known as Tengold.  Two ghouls died.

+1 CP

Andrew wrote:
Victory against the Purple Court (+2 CP, Rival Out of Action for another +1, useless major artifact for another +1, and I got another CP for passing 60 exp on my leader.)
Da Suncrashas--+5 CP

One of my young'uns was defeated and will miss 3 games.

Da Suncrashas actually find treasure!  The Major Artifact The Plaque of Xoloc usable only by a wizard. Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 387809
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Sep 2014 - 4:04

Jungle Skirmish
Da Ghostly Goblins encounter the New Skaven

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d732b3127cce98548c6d184a00000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

It were madness I tell ye. The earth did shake. Great rents appeared in the very ground! Tall trees crashed to the earth. Through it all goblin stalked rat in the jungle. Them walking rats gave it a good fight, but the Ghostly Gobbos was too much for em.

The New Skaven report one giant rat killed. A map of the City of Ghosts is acquired.
New Skaven--1 CP

The Ghostly Goblins finally found their way back to Torktuga and civilization. They report the hiring of a new shaman and an ogre bodyguard.
The Ghostly Goblins of the Night--2 CP
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Duel on the High Seas
Da Gray Horde attempts piracy against the Pyrates of Sartosa

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d732b3127cce98548c6a997d00000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The great guns thundered! The ships shook with the impact of round shot. Squigs screamed and goblins gibbered. A great bloody swath was cut through the goblin ranks as tars unloaded blunderbuss and grape shot into the ranks trying to board.

The Sartosan Captain was cut down, but his crew fought on. The orcs were driven back from his body! The Gray Horde lost heart.

Post Battle
Rob wrote:
I wasn't ready to give up, but I lost due to a failed rout check. I had two heroes make a full recovery and had a few squigs and a goblin die.
Da Gray Horde--2 CP (+1 Rival Out of Action)

The Sartosans gain treasure and glory.
Sartosan Pyrates--5 CP (+3 Prizes Taken)
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 14 Sep 2014 - 14:07

A GREAT DAY for the Ghostly & the Grey!   cheers
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Sep 2014 - 4:46

The Vault
A search for lost treasure in the City of Ghosts

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d735b3127cce98548c57537c00000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

From the Saga of the Toss Their Hair Tribe
On the eleventh day of the Moon of Corn Cutting Ketta the Vampire Slayer did lead the Tribe into the City of Ghosts in search of a talisman of the Old Ones. The day was bright and clear. The search proceeded without incident until the Tribe neared the great temple in which the talisman was said to be hidden. The Druchii were searching the ruins as well. A large force of them occupied the temple.

The Tribe rallied to Ketta to combat the Outlanders. The Druchii had split their forces to search the ruins. Ketta called the Tribe together to strike at the Outlanders before they could combine. However the Druchii were too nimble for the Tribe. The two groups of Outlanders easily joined together on the outer steps of the pyramid. The combined group then disappeared into the depths of the temple leaving five warriors on guard.

The Tribe easily dispatched the five warriors. The Ancient One known as the Orc Slayer accounted for three of them by himself! The Tribe converged on the spot where the enemy disappeared into the temple. Suddenly most of the Druchii rushed forth from the temple. Kara the Archer was immediately felled by foul magics.

Ketta and Hera were enraged by the appearance of the enemy. They flung themselves into the mass of warriors. The rest of the Tribe rushed to support the Totem Warriors. It was a near thing, but the Tribe survived the Druchii counter charge with the loss of only one warrior. The Druchii leader was thrown down stunned, almost immediately the evil ones' resolve failed and the elfs fled.

Post Battle
The Druchii lost two or three henchmen killed. The Sorceress was captured, but the Tribe accepted a ransom of 50 gc and a Lucky Charm.
The Dark Elfs of Naggaroth--1 CP

Only two warriors were out of action for the Tribe. Kara suffered multiple injuries (Robbed) and a warrior died.
The Tribe gains the Major Artifact the Plaque of Fate. Exploration and trading were extremely kind. More warriors are recruited to replace the fallen.
The Toss Their Hair Tribe--4 CP (+3 Artifact Recovered)
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Sep 2014 - 5:08

Hooray for the defeat of the horrid Druchii. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Sep 2014 - 5:46

Thanks RL. The Dark Elfs were 395 against 329 for the Tribe. I think Chris thought the loss of Freya would be harder on the Tribe. Suspect Or else he thought Ld 10 would keep him on the table.
______________________________________________________________________________________
Sundayheim--A Duel on the High Seas
The Wastelanders encounter the Dread Pyrate Cyclops (Da Gray Horde Orcs)

Round shot smashed into the hull again. The stricken ship shuddered. The rudder was smashed. Squigs bounded over the rails, their huge fangs flashing. The men of the Empire fired crossbows and pistols into the teeth of the orcs' assault. Fires sprang up as the orc hulk pulled along side and blasted them point blank. More orcs could be seen lining the rails of the hulk as grapnels bit into the burning ship's rail to draw it to the hulk. A huge one eyed orc waved his choppa and roared with glee.

Fires blaze on the Wastelander's ship.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d735b3127cce98548c6b534000000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Gray Horde fled with over 50% casualties and Da Cyclops down on the Wastelander's deck. (The Orcs' cannon were devastating to the Privateer's ship, but human shooting took a toll on the lesser greenskins.) A goblin and an orc boy are captured. Goblins and sqigs die. Da Big un, Eegah dies. One extra treasure is pulled from Xlippahruichakk's lagoon in exploration. Another lad shows talent to replace Eegah.
Da Gray Horde--1 CP

The Wastelanders gain much treasure and capture a orc and a goblin. One crew and one cannon crew die. The Wastelanders trade with the Cheating Merchant which cuts down on the celebration a bit...
Wastelander Privateers--5 CP (+3 Prizes Taken)
____________________________________________________________________________________
Campaign Points as of Week Twelve

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d727b3127cce98548f8f2a4600000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Jim S--Amazons. Objective: Cult of the Celestial Canopy-----------42 CP
Chris--Dark Elves. Objective: The Silent Threat--------------------36 CP
Jim B--Undead. Objective: Scourge of the Seas--------------------34 CP
Jim L--Sisters of Sigmar. Objective: Burn the Witch-----------------28 CP
Andrew--Black Orcs, Objective: Scourge of the Seas---------------28 CP
Elijah--Undead, Objective: Scourge of the Seas--------------------21 CP
Bob--Night Goblins, Objective: Scourge of the Seas-----------------16 CP
Rob--Da Mob. Objective: Scourge of the Seas----------------------14 CP
Jim S--Privateers, Objective: Scourge of the Seas------------------13CP
Chad--Sartosan Pyrates, Objective: Scourge of the Seas-----------12 CP
Scott--New Skaven, Objective: Scourge of the Seas......................2 CP
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Sep 2014 - 13:06

Oooh! You are eligible to play your victory scenario to win the campaign. Is it still "Kroak's Tomb" (which I imagine is simply a renamed scenario from the equivalent BTB scenario)?
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Sep 2014 - 14:14

HOORAY FOR THE JUNGLE BABES! The only good Elf is a dead one or one that doesn't conform to G.W's background drivel.   thumbsup

AND HOORAY for the Mostly Grey with a touch of color & silver Guys! I may be mistaken, but it looks like there are one or two painted minis in the Crew...that's a victory in itself.   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 665330
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Sep 2014 - 1:59

Thanks Al.

RL wrote:
You are eligible to play your victory scenario to win the campaign. Is it still "Kroak's Tomb" (which I imagine is simply a renamed scenario from the equivalent BTB scenario)?

Its still Kroak's Tomb, but more like Assault on the Rock with patrolling Temple Guard, Kroxigors and Guardians of Set. I wish I had sprung for the Lord Kroak model when it was at the local LGS.
Back to top Go down
ratlizardelfguy
Youngblood
Youngblood
ratlizardelfguy

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 18 Sep 2014 - 11:52

I love this thread! It is actually the reason I registered on the site. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 19 Sep 2014 - 4:50

Thanks mate! I am glad you like it pirat
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Sep 2014 - 1:56

Week Thirteen--Talk Like a Pirate

Andrew--Da Suncrashas Black Orcs
Bob--The Ghostly Goblins of the Night
Chris--Dark Elves of Naggaroth.
Elijah--The Purple Court Undead
Jim B--The Wolfpack Undead
Jim L--The Sisters Fanaticus
Jim S--The Toss Their Hair Tribe
Rob--Da Gray Horde Orcs
Scott--Skaven

Duel on the High Seas
Report by Andrew, photos by playtable
~Tale of a Perhaps Poetic Pathfinder, Agent Repentant Lemur of Questionable Sanity

T'was a jolly night for Orcs to return to the seas,
For t'was the first time the Rats caught the breeze

Sail straight ahead, Suncrasha commanded,
But wily rat-ticians did starboard trim, underhanded.

Cannon from rat-ship sounded, broadside of one,
The ball, from bow to stern, smashed the ship of the sun.

Eloquent Suncrasha retorted, "OI, MISSED ME GITZ!"
And with his rifle turned a poor rat to bits.

Afore powder could be returned to barrel
The screeching of wood made a most melodious carol

Ships laid aside, the battle commenced
Orcs tired of waiting, were largely incensed

From their ship, the rats were tossed
Sodden but unstricken their lives were not lost

A friendly flag found with an orcish grin to kill
A cheer for the Green and Orange, oh look, a gerbil!

The Pi-rats rake the decks. (This apparently accomplishes nothing.)
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d738b3127cce98548c366de800000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Pressed humans man the guns. The skaven ship is dead ahead.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d738b3127cce98548c37ecd900000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Confusion in the skaven ranks.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d738b3127cce98548c346dea00000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Things going pear shaped for the Pi-rats.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d738b3127cce98548c33ecdd00000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Da Suncrashas--6 CP (+2 for Win, +4 for Prizes taken)

Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Sep 2014 - 4:21

AAAARRRGGH! HAPPY TALK LIKE A PIRATE DAY!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 665330
Looks like some Scurvy Knave stole all the masts.   clown
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Sep 2014 - 3:52

Ya that lazy playtable won't make another set of furled sails, so we generally remove the masts when the ships collide for boarding. Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 665330
______________________________________________________________________________________
Jungle Ambush
The Pi-rats try their hand at jungle fighting

The night were dark I tell thee. I had climbed a tree for safety afore sunset, else they would of got me too, the fiends! Anyway long about moon rise the jungle falls quiet. Real quiet, except for chittering and rustling in the undergrowth. How the rat devils didn't smell me out I do not ken. But they did not even though they passed beneath my refuge. Then the jungle night returned to normal, beasts called, bats flew. Except for the distant beat of that drum. I was sore tired, but could sleep not. Not with the rat devils hiding in the jungle below me and the drum getting closer and closer.

Soon great skeletal wolves loped into view. Worse things shambled in their wake. A whole procession of the dead, the maimed, crippled and halt. A parade of monstrosities, led by a pale gentleman dressed in the finery of a day long gone. I shrank against the branch that hid me. Death walked the night and I was sore afeard.

As the dread procession passed by a sudden humming could be heard, followed by the sound of many impacts on dead flesh. The procession slowed not at all. An ogre blundered forward. Some of the deformed humans cried aloud. The pale gentleman scanned the treeline. His fangs glistened in the moonlight as he smiled.

The Wolfpack moves toward the table edge at first. The ambushing skaven are left in their wake.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d739b3127cce98548c5e753400000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The battle dissolves in chaos with charge and counter charge.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d738b3127cce98548c586d8600000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d738b3127cce98548c45ecab00000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Strahd is down!
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d738b3127cce98548c43ecad00000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Post Battle
JimB wrote:
Rat ambush survived and made them run away. The fear of the undead was too much for them to overcome. I had nothing die, and only had 4 knocked out of action.

Scott wrote:
I lost a verminkin and bought him back for the next game.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Sep 2014 - 15:25

HOORAY FOR THE LIVING IMPAIRED FOLK! Life isn't easy for dirty, disgusting, paranoid Rats.   Undead
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Sep 2014 - 16:12

The Secrets of the Beujuntae
The Wolfpack, The Dark Elves and the Ghostly Goblins discover a lost tomb

Within the Jungle lies a dark forbidden secret. An ancient Daemon of Chaos lies in wait. Spawned from the Changer of Ways the Slann Mage Priests called it Beujuntae or ‘Possessor of souls’ in the Slann tongue.

It has been more than a few millennia since the Daemons of Chaos descended upon the jungles of Lustria seeking to destroy the new races the Old Ones had created. The first Slann used High Magic to entomb these Daemons thousands of years ago. Now they lie in slumber, waiting to be awakened by unfortunate mortals. The warbands find the sacrilegious tombs that hold these Daemons while searching the jungles of Lustria for riches.*

*Scenario background from the TC article.

The elfs encounter a man-eating plant.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d738b3127cce98548c35ecdb00000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Wolfpack approaches from the south.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d738b3127cce98548c326dec00000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d738b3127cce98548c306dee00000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The elfs fight another carnivorous plant as the goblins mass in the jungle.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d738b3127cce98548c3fecd100000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Post Battle
JimB wrote:
3 way game ended in a tie due to time.
The Wolfpack--1 CP

Chris wrote:
One henchman got taken out but survived.

The Ghostly Goblins of the Night--1 CP
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Sep 2014 - 16:21

GREAT STUFF! There are quite a few COOL LOOKING minis in action &, of course, your LOVELY terrain pieces.   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Sep 2014 - 4:25

Thanks for the kind comments Al. The scenery is mostly playtable's on that table.
The Treasures of the Ancients
The Court versus Da Gray Horde

Report by Elijah, photos by Elijah and playtable

This battle was quite straightforward. Baron Moore went alone to the left to grab up a treasure and then pounced on a poor lone goblin that he spotted climbing the temple. All of the other action took place to the left. The Dark Elf Assassin ran along the ruined battlement, leaping a gap to arrive at a wonderful position from which to miss every single shot he took. Two dregs and the Imperial Assassin charged an orc boy, only to have him die to a spell, leaving them standing there confused. Neither leader was able to make it into the fray before enough squigs and goblins had gone down and the Boss voluntarily decided to call it a night.

The battlefield.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d700b3127cce98548c3db07700000035120AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Baron Moore about to secure a treasure.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d700b3127cce98548c3a314000000055120AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Silver Squigs advance.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d700b3127cce98548c3bb07100000055120AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d739b3127cce98548c5ff40500000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d739b3127cce98548c5a753000000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Assassin's field of fire.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d703b3127cce98548c3999af00000035120AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Battle is joined.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d700b3127cce98548c38314200000055120AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Orcs lurking while gobbos and squigs fight. (One of playtable's new terrain pieces from Gencon.)
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d739b3127cce98548c5c753600000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Witch, Dregs and an Imperial Assassin. (Another new piece.)
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d739b3127cce98548c5df40700000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Orcs get stuck in.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d738b3127cce98548c446d9a00000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d738b3127cce98548c4a6d9400000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Post Battle
No permanent losses for the Court, who did fairly well on gold having no heroes OOA, a (Very Skinny) beggar, and the victory die.
Purple Court--2 CP

Da Gray Horde--1 CP
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Sep 2014 - 4:44

WELL DONE, THOSE SOMEWHAT DEAD GUYS!   Undead thumbsup
The Purple Court is one of the few Living Impaired Bands with a lively sense of humor. AND the new terrain pieces are as LOVELY as the old ones.   clown
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep 2014 - 5:06

A Chance Encounter at the City of Ghosts
Da Suncrashas mess up the Druchii

It were terrible I tell ye that true. I seen it with me own eyes, ye ken. I were searching the ruins for some of that gold, minding me own business and then those gentlemen just barged in. Them elfs from the north. They say one is evil and the other good. I says theys elfs. The others were them big orcs. Orcs and elfs, might as well as invited one of those thunder lizards, too. It were a scrap, awful to watch. Them orcs just beat on them elfs, ya cain't blame them, but it weren't purty to see.

The warbands mix it up in the ruins.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d739b3127cce98548c50753a00000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d739b3127cce98548c51f40b00000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Sacrificial elfs.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d738b3127cce98548c59ecb700000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The silver orc gets to the shooters on the hill...
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d738b3127cce98548c466d9800000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Post Battle
Chris wrote:
My leader had to miss the next two games and my sorceress got an old battle wound.

Andrew wrote:
The Suncrashas did not suffer an OoA in the entire night, and thus continue to have no meaningful casualties as their Battle rating continues to bloat.
Da Suncrashas--2 CP
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Oct 2014 - 5:28

Kroak's Tomb
An epic struggle between the Bossy Whip Girls and the Toss Their Hair Tribe

From the Saga of the Toss Their Hair Tribe
On the eighteenth day of the Moon of Corn Cutting Ketta the Vampire Slayer and the Toss Their Hair Tribe reached the location of the Scaled One known as Kroak's tomb. The runes had told Ketta that the cursed Piece of Eight would be safe from the Outsiders if hidden within the tomb. Alas perhaps Ketta misunderstood the runes.

The pygmy N'Longa reported that the Bossy Whip Girls were also in the area of the tomb. Ketta set the Small One to watching the Whip Girls and entered the catacombs. Almost immediately things went awry. A Temple Guard challenged Ketta. The Vampire Slayer had intended to negotiate with the Scaled Ones to arrange free passage, but the ancient hatred of the Amazon for the Scaled Ones overcame Ketta's better judgement. The Temple Guard charged and Ketta cut it down. As Ketta realized what she had done great drums began to beat within the catacombs. Scaled Ones began to attack the Tribe from many different directions.

Lorna One Arm managed to reach the burial chamber and hide the cursed artifact, but too many had fallen to the attacks of the Scaled Ones. The Tribe was forced to flee before the tomb could be sealed!

N'Longa stalks the Bossy Whip Girls.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d739b3127cce98548c54753e00000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Catacombs from the Whip Girls' perspective. Skull counters are traps. Hidden counters represent torches and entrance points for guard patrols.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d739b3127cce98548c55f40f00000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Tribe deploys in the northeast corner. Lorna One Arm has the Piece of Eight. Why didn't she infiltrate?
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d739b3127cce98548c52753800000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Tribe infiltrated four models. Modon and Bunny (because they could shoot Sisters in the long straight shooting galleries (corridors); The Orc Slayer because he is tough and has Initiative 5 which should have been useful for avoiding traps. Should have been... And N'Longa because he could keep the Sisters from running. But Lorna has the Piece of Eight...
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d739b3127cce98548c53f40900000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Temple Guard charges Ketta.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d738b3127cce98548c47eca900000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Temple Guard is no more. In the corridor above the Orc Slayer triggers a pit trap in the closest entrance to the tomb. He's Initiative 5 you know.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d738b3127cce98548c5becb500000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

N'Longa keeps the Sisters from running in the dark. Playtable does not appreciate the gesture. They blunder into an arrow trap anyway.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d738b3127cce98548c406d9e00000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Lorna falls into the pit trap too. The Orc Slayer has climbed out. He triggered a falling block to seal the other closest entrance to the Tribe's entrance room...
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d738b3127cce98548c41ecaf00000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Bossy Whip Girls try to rid themselves of N'Longa.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d738b3127cce98548c4e6d9000000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

N'Longa big medicine!
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d738b3127cce98548c4feca100000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

A Temple Guard appears from a secret door.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d738b3127cce98548c4c6d9200000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

N'Longa is no longer.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d738b3127cce98548c4deca300000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Tara has just looted this chamber of three Blessed Waters. A Great Crest interrupts.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d738b3127cce98548c4beca500000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Two down.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d738b3127cce98548c486d9600000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

More Great Crests surprise Modon, Ketta and Hera. Another warrior falls.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d738b3127cce98548c49eca700000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Whip Girls arrive at the tomb. Mother trips a Poison Gas trap...
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d738b3127cce98548c31ecdf00000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Mopping up. Hera dispatches the Temple Guard that did for N'Longa.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d738b3127cce98548c3e6de000000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Modon (standing on counter 4) kills Guido the Tilean Marksman (who falls out of the frame counter 5).
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4d738b3127cce98548c3c6de200000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Sisters were well and truly broken by traps and a few well placed attacks by the Tribe, but it was Ketta who broke first. The Tribe flees with five models out of action. Four die, including N'Longa the Pygmy.

The Toss Their Hair Tribe--0 CP.

The Sisters Fanaticus lose Guido the Tilean. Before the Tilean fell, playtable was chanting "just one more and I can rout!" So I obliged him by killing Guido. But of course when his turn came he took a rout test 'just to see'. On my turn I rolled an '11' and fled.

playtable wrote:
Guido, Tilean, died.
Sis Superior Regina will miss 3 games.
Thief found nothing but is ok
Hired a Pathfinder since he’s all that’s available to me [at the City of Tlax].

Sisters Fanaticus--3 CP (+1 Piece of Eight)

Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Oct 2014 - 13:26

It may have been a bloody fiasco, but it was a LOVELY, photographic battle nonetheless. The dungeon/temple looks TERRIFIC!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Powerposey
Captain
Captain
Powerposey

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pit Fighters (Unofficial) Pit Fighters (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Oct 2014 - 21:28

Thanks for sharing. Is that a Zoat running around in the dungeon?
Back to top Go down
http://powerposey.blogspot.com/
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 3 Oct 2014 - 5:22

@Deafnala and Powerposey--Thanks for the kind comments.  And yes that is a Zoat.  Wink

Andrew--Da Suncrashas
Bob--The Ghostly Goblins
Chris--The Dark Elves
Elijah--The Purple Court
Jim S--The Toss Their Hair Tribe

A Skirmish in the City of Ghosts
Report by Elijah

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 47a4ce23b3127cce98548c04a3af00000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA
The Purple Pillagers Pounce on the Pointy-Pinna'd Perverts!
(With thanks to Deafnala for inspiration - I almost called my band the Court of the Living Impaired, but I've realized that everyone in my Undead warband is actually alive save the good Baron himself.)

The environment hands the Court another victory!  The warbands closed slowly because both Sammy Terry and Doug, the Overtaker have leg injuries and the elves were hoping to pick off a few unfortunates with crossbow fire.  However, a raging storm hampered their accuracy.  Then, before any close quarter clawing had taken place, a volcano erupted behind the elves, setting some on fire and knocking down others.  A ghoul and two of the enemy were lost over the next couple of turns to flames that continued to burn.  Baron Moore and a Boner charged the foremost elf, taking him out of action and expecting to receive a counter-charge, but the elves decided that enough was enough already, having taken the worst from the eruption, and took to their high heels.  Perhaps they will return for a rematch when fortune provides them a fairer fight.

One ghoul was lost permanently but did make a nice victory celebration dinner for his fellows.

The Purple Court--2 CP

The Dark Elves--1 CP

Last edited by Von Kurst on Fri 3 Oct 2014 - 13:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 3 Oct 2014 - 5:56

Von Kurst wrote:
The warbands closed slowly because both Sammy Terry and Doug, the Overtaker have leg injuries
Should Doug's name be changed to Doug the Overtaken since he is slow? Laughing

Von Kurst wrote:
Then, before any close quarter clawing had taken place, a volcano erupted behind the elves, setting some on fire and knocking down others.  A ghoul and two of the enemy were lost over the next couple of turns to flames that continued to burn.
A volcano!?! Shocked Where are the rules for that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next