Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Mostly dwarves

Go down 
+22
5pointer
SerialMoM
BurnTheWitch
luckyjoe
Dreng Tromm
Kapitan_Hak
squattingmouse
lord siwoc
floedebolle
Skavenblight
Myntokk
widgren
Drugart
Pirexian
CygnusMaximus
Boreas_NL
folketsfiende
SeiFeR-NL
vampirekhaine
Paluke
DeafNala
sianpää
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mostly dwarves   Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Apr 2010 - 22:11

I confess that's one COOL OLD citadel mini I've never seen before; the staff is a memorable bit of sculpting...LOVE the hand. You did a FINE job bringing him to life...nice choice of colors. VERY WELL DONE! Mostly dwarves - Page 2 544694
Back to top Go down
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Mostly dwarves   Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Apr 2010 - 1:42

Very nice figure indeed. The staff is unique, maybe more of a glass look to it, but not sure how to pain that idea....job well done!
Back to top Go down
sianpää
Veteran
Veteran
sianpää

PostSubject: Re: Mostly dwarves   Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 1 May 2010 - 4:08

Thanks for the comments. Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Icon_smile

I tried to paint the staff to look like the magic was gathering to the fingertip.
Sadly it didn't work out too well, so I'll probably repaint it.
Hopefully I'll get some new minis painted soon; Haven't finished anything since posting here. Sad
Back to top Go down
sianpää
Veteran
Veteran
sianpää

PostSubject: Re: Mostly dwarves   Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 24 May 2010 - 19:39

I haven't find enough motivation to paint anything lately. So I present you another figure that I painted last year. Please don't mind his enormous ear. Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes

Mostly dwarves - Page 2 So2
Mostly dwarves - Page 2 So1
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Mostly dwarves   Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010 - 11:08

Another great mini (despite the ear!). Too bad about the lack of inspiration, as your painting is a joy to behold. Please, be inspired!
Back to top Go down
widgren
General
General
widgren

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Mostly dwarves   Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010 - 12:05

oh! i love the vibrant colours on it! really great!
Back to top Go down
http://totte.leblog.se/
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Mostly dwarves   Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010 - 19:18

Like Deaf and Drugart, I consider myself a connosiuer of the old citadel dwarves, so this thread is quite a find. There are a couple here that I've never seen before (feeling the "collector" bug creeping up to bite me again...), and it's great to see the old boys done justice!

Looking forward to future updates!
Back to top Go down
sianpää
Veteran
Veteran
sianpää

PostSubject: Re: Mostly dwarves   Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2010 - 21:37

Thanks for comments everyone. Smile

As much as I love Citadel and Marauder dwarfs, I also find mixing figures from different manufacturers as great fun too. There are so many manufacturers that make great looking figures, just waiting to be found.

This latest figure is from Redoubt with some conversion work and green stuffing done to it (yes, including that horrid ear).
The spear wielding dwarf on previous page is from Black Tree Design, I even painted their logo on his shield.

And folketsfiende: I'll do my best. Wink
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mostly dwarves   Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 May 2010 - 14:17

I thought I recognized that mini; while not exactly state of the art stuff, Redoubt has some cool stuff...their Winged Hussars paint up nicely. VERY NICE WORK on a less than terrific mini! Mostly dwarves - Page 2 544694
Back to top Go down
sianpää
Veteran
Veteran
sianpää

PostSubject: Re: Mostly dwarves   Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010 - 21:52

Yeah, some of their models are a bit flat, almost like 2-d. But they also have some quite nice figures too.
I think this landsknecht is from the better half.
Or then I was just unlucky to buy those less good-looking ones. Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Icon_neutral
It's funny how they still use those drawn pictures instead of photos on their webstore. It reminds me of chinese restaurants; you'll never know what you'll get. Or that's how I feel anyway. Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mostly dwarves   Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 May 2010 - 22:04

I agree with your take on the line drawings. I first saw Redoubt's Renaissance line in Wargames Illustrated, the photos showed them in mass formation & they looked quite nice...actuality produced a somewhat less complimentary picture. Still in all they do make some nice minis. Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Fresse
Back to top Go down
sianpää
Veteran
Veteran
sianpää

PostSubject: Re: Mostly dwarves   Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010 - 22:13

Not much to say about these two. Except that they took ages to get painted.

Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Dwarves9-1
Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Dwarves10-1

Last edited by sianpää on Thu 2 Dec 2010 - 19:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skavenblight
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Skavenblight

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Mostly dwarves   Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2010 - 23:07

I love those old dwarf models! These 2 look very nice. I especially like blonde hair on 2nd dwarf. Maybe it would be good to highlight a little first dwarf's hair. But they look cool. Good job on the wood!
Back to top Go down
http://hakostwo.blogspot.com
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Mostly dwarves   Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jun 2010 - 8:52

That second dwarf is splendid! Bright, exuberant colours is the way to go. Oh man, I've got to paint me some Mordheim stuff, sitting with bunches of 40K squads gets a bit tiresome after a while...
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mostly dwarves   Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jun 2010 - 14:03

A GREAT choice of colors REALLY makes the FINE old minis shine. EXCELLENT WORK! Mostly dwarves - Page 2 544694
Back to top Go down
SeiFeR-NL
Warlord
Warlord
SeiFeR-NL

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Bretonnians (Unofficial) Bretonnians (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Mostly dwarves   Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jun 2010 - 14:11

sianpää wrote:

Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Dwarves10

Really like this one!!! The lining is great...
Back to top Go down
sianpää
Veteran
Veteran
sianpää

PostSubject: Re: Mostly dwarves   Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jun 2010 - 19:07

Thanks for your comments, everybody! Smile

Skavenblight: You are right about the first dwarf's hair. It's really tough to get black highlighted without making it look too greyish, but I'll give it a new try.

folketsfiende: Well, that must also depend if they're just squads or squats. Wink Would be great see new figures from you!
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Mostly dwarves   Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jun 2010 - 19:39

Wowsy, looks like i´ve found somebody who loves th old range from the 80´s as much as i do, marauder rules!
I especially fell for the mercenaries, fantastic choice of colours. And the moves of the dwarves are great, like waving helmet and so on. I do the same, i do pick my modells for the warband how they look, will say i choose them about there looking, and then i arm them just like that, and you dont really want to know how often i´ve lost a game because of that, but i rather own some fantastic rare minis than ahving them equipped " beardy-style" ! again, fantastic minis, very inspiring, thumbs up, floedebolle
Back to top Go down
sianpää
Veteran
Veteran
sianpää

PostSubject: Re: Mostly dwarves   Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 3 Jul 2010 - 23:11

Thanks for commenting floedebolle.

I completely agree with you about older figures and how to pick the cool ones. Sadly marauder dwarves are so freaking pricy that it breaks my heart see how much I would have to pay to get them all.

About converting figures: When I got fed up with converting every figure to wield some better weapons than their original ones, I finally understood that there was no reason for me to do that. I play rarely and like painting better than playing, so I decided to paint only those figures that I like, and convert the ones that would look nice converted.
Sounds simple but it took a long time from me to understand it.
And what a blissful moment that was. Very Happy

Anyway, here's my dwarf wizard. Also posted "better" picture about the black haired dwarf with crossbow. At least you can see that I really tried to improve it. Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Icon_smile

Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Dwarves11

Last edited by sianpää on Thu 2 Dec 2010 - 19:42; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Mostly dwarves   Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Jul 2010 - 14:26

ANOTHER OLD FAVORITE...I LOVE the way The Wizard looks like he's having a heated discussion with The Frog. VERY WELL DONE! Mostly dwarves - Page 2 544694

We're on the same page with the gaming vs painting: i.e., it's been a LONG time between games for moi. While I like to base the Guys & Girls up for games, I prefer to paint them to my own take on the Fantasy/SciFi World...it's rather liberating...rather. Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Fresse
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Mostly dwarves   Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jul 2010 - 23:50

sianpää wrote:
folketsfiende: Well, that must also depend if they're just squads or squats. Wink Would be great see new figures from you!

Well, I'm painting (still like a madman!), but the summer heat makes me sleepy and far too sweaty too paint at the pace I usually do. Besides, no camera for three more weeks, but then... I've finished two grunts for my sorcerous society, nine models for some kind of knight warband, thirtyish elysian infantrymen, two drop sentinels, a cyclops demolition vehicle, two sentry guns, and I'm ready to sink my teeth into some city folk for my Mordheimer fanatics, and two hired swords for BTB: a chaos centaur (just waiting for the GS to harden) and a hobgoblin scout. There will be more!

Last edited by folketsfiende on Sat 10 Jul 2010 - 23:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Mostly dwarves   Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jul 2010 - 23:53

sianpää wrote:
Anyway, here's my dwarf wizard.

That's just lovely. And the frog! Beautiful!
Back to top Go down
sianpää
Veteran
Veteran
sianpää

PostSubject: Re: Mostly dwarves   Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jul 2010 - 9:10

Thanks for commenting. Smile

folketsfiende: Now that makes me just sad. All I've managed to finish this whole summer is this dwarf and I'm already so far from my schedule (funny thing to say as I "just paint for myself" Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Icon_scratch) it seems I won't get those 30 figs painted this year. This hellish heat is to blame, not my laziness. Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
sianpää
Veteran
Veteran
sianpää

PostSubject: Re: Mostly dwarves   Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010 - 5:37

Worried dwarf examining map.

Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Dwarves12-1

Last edited by sianpää on Thu 2 Dec 2010 - 19:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Mostly dwarves   Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jul 2010 - 10:25

[quote="sianpää"]Worried dwarf examining map.

Smashing! These minis, combined with your painting, are awesome! The expression on his face, the colours... inspiring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mostly dwarves   Mostly dwarves - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mostly dwarves
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next