Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

[BTB] Questions about The Black Dwarves (Chaos Dwarves)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KorgakGrimtooth
Hero
Hero
KorgakGrimtooth

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

[BTB] Questions about The Black Dwarves (Chaos Dwarves) Empty
PostSubject: [BTB] Questions about The Black Dwarves (Chaos Dwarves)   [BTB] Questions about The Black Dwarves (Chaos Dwarves) Icon_minitimeThu 22 Oct 2009 - 21:16

Wow, this is my first post in a long time. Anyway, first off, I apologize if this topic has already been raised and answered upon, but I did make sure to search the errata and the forum.

Sorcerer

Can the Sorcerer wear armor and cast spells? That is, does the Socerer's casting ability count as similarly to the Sigmarite prayers or is it more like everyone else? The main point of confusion stems from the two listings in the Special Rules section for him (or her, I suppose?); there are two listings: Wizard and Priest. I would be inclined to think that the Sorcerer cannot wear armor (with the exception of Chaos Armor/Mechanical Armor).

Bull Centaur

Does the Bull Centaur count as a Chaos Dwarf for the purposes of the Hard to Kill, Hard Head, and Armour Special Rules? I normally wouldn't really question it, but I noticed that the Bull Centaur cannot take the Chaos Dwarf special skills. While that doesn't necessarily mean that he isn't a Chaos Dwarf, I would like clarification.

The fluff text states that it is a dwarf's torso and a bull's body, but I like to be sure =]

Informers

I imagine this goes without say, but they definitely don't get the Chaos Dwarf special abilities, right?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: [BTB] Questions about The Black Dwarves (Chaos Dwarves)   [BTB] Questions about The Black Dwarves (Chaos Dwarves) Icon_minitimeThu 22 Oct 2009 - 22:06

Sorcerer: The special rule that allows the Sorcerer to cast spells is called "Wizard" (see Magister, Necromancer, Eshin Sorcerer) as opposed to "Prayers" (see Warrior-Priest, Sigmarite Matriarch). The latter would allow wearing armour.
Another indication is that wizards usually say "...may be equipped with weapons chosen from..." while normal warriors have "...may be equipped with weapons and armour chosen from...". Unfortunately I forgot to include the "and armour" part under the Gaolers' entry so this may add a bit of confusion. I just added the armour part to the Gaolers. I'll upload it some day...

Bull Centaur & Informers: This was clarified with the errata. Under the special rules it now says:
"The following special rules apply to all warriors in the warband excluding Informers:", followed by Hard to Kill, Hard Head and Armour. This is both in the errata as well as in the individual Black Dwarfs PDF.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
KorgakGrimtooth
Hero
Hero
KorgakGrimtooth

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: [BTB] Questions about The Black Dwarves (Chaos Dwarves)   [BTB] Questions about The Black Dwarves (Chaos Dwarves) Icon_minitimeThu 22 Oct 2009 - 22:20

Ah, thanks! I guess I didn't exhaust all of the material out there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [BTB] Questions about The Black Dwarves (Chaos Dwarves)   [BTB] Questions about The Black Dwarves (Chaos Dwarves) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[BTB] Questions about The Black Dwarves (Chaos Dwarves)
Page 1 of 1