Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

White Dwarf Discussion

Go down 
+22
superscenic
vampirekhaine
Milliardo
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Zodiyum
Pirexian
Splendor
sartori
Mordheimer
Andy
WarbossKurgan
frog
MonkeyShaman
Captain Bernhardt
Myntokk
Turquoise Dwarf
magokiron
Drugart
Da Bank
Lysander
DeafNala
Mortimer
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010 - 6:36

White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Wd36511

A pretty good issue if you like War of the Rings. The most interesting stugg this issue is, for me, the new greenskins models (the rivertrolls being a bit too much for me, but the new boarboys are perfect!), converted Nazghul riders and some more Blood Angels. I am getting a tad bit tired of the Blood Angels by now, though...

All in all, this years worst issue as of yet, but still pretty good.
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010 - 13:05

I love the new River Trolls!

I liked the Ruins of Osgiliath hobby article and I really enjoyed the Standard Bearer article about creating a narrative during terrain placement. I wouldn't say it was the worst issue of the year at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010 - 13:16

WarbossKurgan wrote:

IMHO, they look a bit like something for Confontation, but I DO think they look awesome! And yeah, it is a good issue, but I think the previous ones are better, though. So make no mistake, one should definately look into this issue (as all issues IMO Smile )

Also, I am getting more and more inclined to start playing War of the Rings/LotR or whatever they call it form time to time. I really like all models released and the whoole fighting system with fate/might etc seems really cool and innovative White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Alien
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010 - 13:27

Opheliate wrote:
WarbossKurgan wrote:

IMHO, they look a bit like something for Confontation, but I DO think they look awesome!
I'm sure that's just the paint job. I can't wait till I get me hands on 'em! White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 665330
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Apr 2010 - 13:51

Maybe you're right. I really like all the troll models, though it would be cool to see some new models for the classic stone trolls as well, seeing as they are the only ones left to be re-invented Smile
Back to top Go down
Zodiyum
Warrior
Warrior
Zodiyum

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jun 2010 - 11:38

White Dwarf has been a massive let down for me, it use to be so awesome and full of fun D.I.Y projects and cool battle reports. Now its just a catalog, and the battle reports are very doddgy (this months new product wins) I miss the old White Dwarf, best issue was the one with my photo in it, that was an epic day Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jun 2010 - 19:00

I actually beg to differ. Well, almost.

Yes; WD is not as good as it was before. Before, it was pretty much as great as it could be, today, its just plain good.

But I do not agree with the boring battle reports. Yes, last issue (Eldar vs Imperial Guard) was not that exciting, and yes, the new model won, but that is not something that happens every time. I do not believe the matches are "fixed" in one way or the other, it just happens the way it happens. I cant recall the exact scenario (and as im away form home, and my big pile of WD's, I cant tell exxactly which one) but there were some BR's that did not go in the "new" armys' favour. If it happens once, its fair play, but twice, then people start thinking its some conspiracy Smile (though I could be wrong)

Last issue had some nice rules for the new eldar night spinner grav tank, which is a welcome complement, and many tactica rules for tank squadrons, and scenarios for that kind of game also.

If anything, I believe that maybe WD has become a little too theme oriented each issue, with too much about one thing (tanks in this issue) and very little about other things (LotR, new rules etc). And also each issue might be a little too oriented towards either Fantasy OR 40K, not so much of both. As such, the contents may be a little too qualitative, when it should be more quantitative (if those are the correct english words...?)

Last issue was not the best this year, thats for sure, but earlier issues really appealed to me (the Tyranid issue, the Blood Angels issue, the Skaven and Beastmen issues in particular!)
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jun 2010 - 19:06

A difference of opinion is what makes for a horse race. I won't go into my opinion of the new WD as I'm trying not to use that kind of language...anymore...mostly. White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Suspect
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jun 2010 - 21:34

DeafNala wrote:
A difference of opinion is what makes for a horse race. I won't go into my opinion of the new WD as I'm trying not to use that kind of language...anymore...mostly. White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Suspect

ha ha, dont worry, my imagination fills in tha blanks... a lot of beeps, I reckon Smile
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jun 2010 - 22:05

Opheliate wrote:
ha ha, dont worry, my imagination fills in tha blanks... a lot of beeps, I reckon Smile

Think of the bleeps smoking & occasionally emitting an electric flash & you've got it. White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Affraid

ACTUALLY I follow this thread in hopes that there'll will be a resurgences of the old WD I loved so well...I respect the opinions of my Fellow Forumites. White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Fresse
Back to top Go down
Captain Bernhardt
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Captain Bernhardt

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Jun 2010 - 12:19

It's slowly getting there, with ups and downs, for as far as today's society and economic needs allow. This edition is in my opinion a downsider, but that's propably because I don't care about 40K...
next edition will propably be ALL about Warhammer and then 40k'ers wil dislike it, that's life White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Jun 2010 - 23:41

Opheliate wrote:
(if those are the correct english words...?)
I understood what you meant, and I agree.

Captain Bernhardt wrote:
This edition is in my opinion a downsider, but that's propably because I don't care about 40K...
next edition will propably be ALL about Warhammer and then 40k'ers wil dislike it, that's life White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
That's how I felt about this issue. The next one will have more stuff for the likes of us. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun 2010 - 13:43

There IS one definite advantage to picking up the WD every so often; i.e., it's about the only way to keep up with what's happening with GW. As an example, I wasn't aware that there were plastic Minotaurs & that there was an impending 8th Edition WHFB...I'm still a 6th Edition Guy. I wonder what else I missed. White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Suspect
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun 2010 - 8:32

Well; i had totally missed out on the "Ultramarine" movie in making until I saw a notice in a WD. I always imagined Sean Pertwees voice as some space marine when reading the Horus Heresy, and Terrence Stamp is not far behind. That is; The casting is perfect!

Besides that, is good to keep up with the cannon-fluff. What are the biggest conflicts (40k and fantasy) what is currently going on the worlds of 40K and Fantasy? Has the emperor taken his medicine before bedtime? Etc. The fluff-part of the worlds, in short.And as WD is the most available official source for this, I buy it even though it is full of 40K only.
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun 2010 - 15:31

DeafNala wrote:
ACTUALLY I follow this thread in hopes that there'll will be a resurgences of the old WD I loved so well...I respect the opinions of my Fellow Forumites. White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Fresse

Me too! I miss cardstock terrain and datasheets in every issue. It's ridiculous that they chargs $9 for a glorified catalog! At least the old issues had actual catalog pages in the back so there was no mistaking them!

We need more fan created content and less studio stuff. But for that there are webzines like firebase, warp rift,tales of battle, irregular, word of hashut, skavenblight gazette, invocation...

DeafNala, it appears the hobby articles are online instead of in WD these days. The sections called Astromonican has some hobby articles (previously known as Black Gobbo).

link
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Jun 2010 - 17:12

@Pathfinder Dubstyle: Thanks MUCHO for the link...I missed the Black Gobbo, ethnic slur & all, almost as much as the U.S. Old White Dwarf. White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 544694
Back to top Go down
Captain Bernhardt
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Captain Bernhardt

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010 - 13:41

w00t! the new white dwarf rules White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Icon_biggrin (am only halfway but I think the second half will be the best part)

oh, and there is NO LOTR, WOTR or 40K stuff at all!
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010 - 14:00

Captain Bernhardt wrote:
w00t! the new white dwarf rules White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Icon_biggrin (am only halfway but I think the second half will be the best part)

Ha! I was just about to post them same thing! Such a good issue. cheers study
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010 - 14:41

Captain Bernhardt wrote:

OH BABY! EVEN I may have to check this sucker out! White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jun 2010 - 12:10

tell us more!
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jun 2010 - 17:25

White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 M1230574a_60249999367_ENWD3671_873x627

Quote :

Warhammer - Andy Hall hunts down the book's authors to uncover the secrets of Warhammer.

Illuminations - Living legend John Blanche explains the vision of Warhammer, talking us through some of the iconic images that have shaped the Warhammer World.

Call to Arms - The finest generals of the Studio talk us through how they pick an army for their games.

Modelling Workshop: Warhammer Scenery - From bloodthirsty woods to sorcerous portals, the landscape of the Warhammer world is a dangerous place. We examine how it works on the battlefield.

Studio Scenery Showcase - Dave Andrews created some truly spectacular boards for the Warhammer rulebook. We take a detailed look at one of his impressive battlefields.

Army Workshop: Vampire Counts - No doubt over the coming months new armies will spring up around the world. We asked the Studio's hobby experts to show us how they build an army.

'Eavy Metal Clash of Champions - The 'Eavy Metal team got more than a little bit carried away with Warhammer, teaming up to make some stunning dioramas.

You'll also find full details of all the latest releases and news, a directory featuring all of the hobby activities in your local area, and this month's Standard Bearer, in which Jervis gushes about the new edition of Warhammer.

Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jun 2010 - 18:19

ALL the scenery stuff...LOVE Dave Andrews, the John Blanche article, & the 'Eavy Metal antics sound good. New Rules... White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Sleep are useful in that by observing who gets all worked up by their release gives moi an idea of who I DON'T want to associate with. White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Suspect
Back to top Go down
Milliardo
General
General
Milliardo

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jun 2010 - 15:19

I think I resemble that comment; eighth edition is looking pretty decent to me. :3
Back to top Go down
http://www.ulthuan.net/
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jun 2010 - 16:07

Milliardo wrote:
I think I resemble that comment; eighth edition is looking pretty decent to me. :3
Me too! lol!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jun 2010 - 17:16

Well...actually the comment was about Folks who play The Rules rather than The Game. You Guys don't fit into that category...I hope. White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

White Dwarf Discussion
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next