Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

White Dwarf Discussion

Go down 
+22
superscenic
vampirekhaine
Milliardo
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Zodiyum
Pirexian
Splendor
sartori
Mordheimer
Andy
WarbossKurgan
frog
MonkeyShaman
Captain Bernhardt
Myntokk
Turquoise Dwarf
magokiron
Drugart
Da Bank
Lysander
DeafNala
Mortimer
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

White Dwarf Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Feb 2010 - 5:46

Myntokk:
The whole introduction article to the new beastmen is pretty cool, with the designers commenting on the new models, some new rules (Primal Fury is cool).

Then there is a campaign for LotR, if you are into that sort of thing.

A Planetstrike Tactica, artice.

Liber Apocalyptika for the 'Nids.

And an article on how to best balance your Warhammer Fatnasy armies.

Other than that, there some painting workshops (ex: How to paint monstrous faces), eavy metal showcase.

Thats the interesting stuff anyway. But the intro article for the new beastmen is really interesting.

Sartori:
Many seem to agree with you. I do, however, mainly use WD as a source of inspiration for paiting, writing, creating and thinking, and as such, it is definately worth its price... expensive as it may be Razz
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010 - 6:10

Opheliate wrote:
Myntokk:

Am I ever!

Was it a War of the Ring campaign, or a Strategy Battle Game campaign?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010 - 11:53

Myntokk wrote:
Opheliate wrote:
Myntokk:

Am I ever!

Was it a War of the Ring campaign, or a Strategy Battle Game campaign?

It was a merge campaign of both, actually. It is, and I quote:
"The White Horse and the White Hand
Adam Troke presents a campaign that pits Rohan against the forces of Isengard, with linked scenarios for both War of the Ring and the Strategy Battle game"
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb 2010 - 18:37

Opheliate wrote:
It was a merge campaign of both, actually. It is, and I quote:
"The White Horse and the White Hand
Adam Troke presents a campaign that pits Rohan against the forces of Isengard, with linked scenarios for both War of the Ring and the Strategy Battle game"
Hmmm, very interesting. I may get this one, that sounds like a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb 2010 - 11:29

Well, I dont play either, so I haven't actually read the article, but it was quite big so I guess if youre into it, it is definately worth it Smile
Back to top Go down
Splendor
Warrior
Warrior
Splendor

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Feb 2010 - 18:05

the new dwarf has a very cool free hand painting guide in it. Quite impressive and inspiring banners and other nice tiny freehands. Anyone saw the very tiny bookscriblings and actual drawings in them! How cool is that. In Mordheim you can really use these freehand techniques on small posters on walls, scrolls carried by your warband, the odd banner or open book on a table in your scenery. Lot's of ideas to try out!
Back to top Go down
http://somegamers.blogspot.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Feb 2010 - 18:57

Splendor wrote:
the new dwarf has a very cool free hand painting guide in it. Quite impressive and inspiring banners and other nice tiny freehands. Anyone saw the very tiny bookscriblings and actual drawings in them! How cool is that. In Mordheim you can really use these freehand techniques on small posters on walls, scrolls carried by your warband, the odd banner or open book on a table in your scenery. Lot's of ideas to try out!

Cool! I get money tomorrow so I'll try to get my hands on it as soon as it arrives here in sweden. Can you tell us what else is in the new issue?
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2010 - 10:48

Ooooh, that sounds very cool.

This is the new issue's cover:

White Dwarf Discussion - Page 3 M930052a_web_WD364_no-straps
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
Mordheimer
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Mordheimer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2010 - 11:49

It has information about the upcoming 40k Missions rulebook, 40k Blood Angels, some LoTR and Fantasy... sorry, just looked at it for a minute. I will share some more soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mordheimer.com
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2010 - 13:50

Mordheimer wrote:
It has information about the upcoming 40k Missions rulebook, 40k Blood Angels, some LoTR and Fantasy... sorry, just looked at it for a minute. I will share some more soon.

Please do. It haven't arrived here yet so I am eager to hear all about it Smile
Back to top Go down
Captain Bernhardt
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Captain Bernhardt

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2010 - 21:40

WarbossKurgan wrote:
Ooooh, that sounds very cool.

This is the new issue's cover:

I think you are mistaken. That is April's cover.

this:White Dwarf Discussion - Page 3 M860012a_March_Coveris this months cover

Ooh and there's a beastman campaign in it!! how awesome! can't wait to find time to read it!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Feb 2010 - 6:08

Awesome artwork. I guess there's something about the Vostroyans in there.
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2010 - 18:39

Yeah, I posted the one listed as "next month's White Dwarf" because the GW site is always a bit behind. Except that it wasn't this month!
Embarassed

Opheliate wrote:

It's the cover of the new WH40K supplement Battle Missions. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Feb 2010 - 18:51

WarbossKurgan wrote:
Yeah, I posted the one listed as "next month's White Dwarf" because the GW site is always a bit behind. Except that it wasn't this month!
Embarassed

Opheliate wrote:

It's the cover of the new WH40K supplement Battle Missions. Very Happy

Ok, cool . As far as I have understood it, Battle Missions is just another way of saying scenarios? But a little "cooler" with race-specific scenarios (which I actually allready have thought of for Mordheim long time ago White Dwarf Discussion - Page 3 Icon_cheers )

I hop they have got the last shipment yet, so I can sink my teeth into it soon White Dwarf Discussion - Page 3 387809
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Mar 2010 - 17:59

This issue just arrived

And to honest there isn't much point getting it unless you collect Blood Angels. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Mar 2010 - 18:30

For what its worth, I have just begun to read the Horus Heresy books (and LOVE them) so I am glad if I get a chance to really entrench myself in the Space Marine mythos. What, exactly, does the issue take up concerning the Blood Angels?
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar 2010 - 16:50

Mostly just the new minis (which aren't as exciting as I thought they me be after the pure joy of the Space Hulk Terminators....), I haven't had time for a closer read yet but I assume there is some fluff in there too!

The "Old War Stories" article is worth reading actually - it's on narrative-scenario play in Warhammer.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Mar 2010 - 4:57

Cool. I think that one is a keeper, for me at least! Now all I have to do is wait for it to arrive to my local supplier and then the plan will be set in motion... White Dwarf Discussion - Page 3 659799
Back to top Go down
Pirexian
Elder
Elder
Pirexian

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Mar 2010 - 15:22

I only have White Dwarf's number 29, 30, 32, 33, 34 and 94 xD!!
And back then there wasn't any mordheim yet I think.. those issues were all about gorka-morka, necromunda, epic and the introduction of LOTR stuff..

I remember I wanted to start on Warhammer 50k back then.. so I went to Mexico city to buy the starting box, and I found mordheim.. which was the only set available at the moment I think.. and I kind of liked the idea of small personalized warbands instead of the whole huge army thing.. so I bought it along with a set of GW paints that came along some bretonian archers.. Razz
So I can say I've been having mordheim on the wait since then.. never played it.. not even once :S... hopefully that'll change soon enough.

I'd love to be able to download some PDF files of some of the old issues.. Sad
Or at least of the ones that count.. the ones that included some cardboard scenery to add to my table.

Right now, the magazine it's way too expensive and it doesn't have that much info of interest for me, since I don't play WHF nor W40k..
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010 - 17:46

WarbossKurgan wrote:
Mostly just the new minis (which aren't as exciting as I thought they me be after the pure joy of the Space Hulk Terminators....

Apparently you either TRULY LOVE Space Marines or UTTERRLY HATE them. I'm in the latter camp...equating painting them up with the joys of root canal therapy. White Dwarf Discussion - Page 3 Suspect
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010 - 19:58

I like the whole idea of them, both the Loyalists and Traitor legion Space Marines. Such a rich mythology is rarely seen in games, and in my opinion, all other races of 40K are dwarfed by the Space Marines in all aspects of the game Smile
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar 2010 - 20:34

Opheliate wrote:
I like the whole idea of them, both the Loyalists and Traitor legion Space Marines. Such a rich mythology is rarely seen in games, and in my opinion, all other races of 40K are dwarfed by the Space Marines in all aspects of the game Smile

The GW designer do lavish a lot more attention on the background material for the Space Marines & the Imperium than on the other races...zenophobic & fascist as it may be. I merely despise painting them. White Dwarf Discussion - Page 3 73199
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Mar 2010 - 6:25

DeafNala wrote:
The GW designer do lavish a lot more attention on the background material for the Space Marines & the Imperium than on the other races...zenophobic & fascist as it may be. I merely despise painting them. White Dwarf Discussion - Page 3 73199

Ha ha, yeah, makes you wonder if the creatore are a bunch of elitist humans. Maybe they believe they are some kind of Homo Superior?

Heh, my first models ever was the old pack of 8 High Elf models (4 spearmen, 4 Archers), and after that I got Space Marines, I distinctly remember being so bad at painting I actually thought the Space marines were easy to paint as there were so many uncluttered surfaces, like chainmail and stuff Smile

Anyhow, I got the latest issue some days ago, and I believe it is a good choice for the Space Marine player, and especially the Blood Angels player.

I must say, though, that I do not like the general direction of many of the new models. They look less like gritty Warhammer/40k models, and more and more like some anime-inspired Confrontation model or some such. Just look at the new Sanguionor or Astorath models for the Blood Angels. Too much and too... obvious, I want to say...
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Mar 2010 - 23:26

I was just talking to someone last week on how great the White Dwarfs used to be as they had stories and fluff.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar 2010 - 6:26

Yeah, and now they are actually getting back to that, little by little. It started with the Tyranid issue, the first this year, and I think they have managed to keep it up good Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: White Dwarf Discussion   White Dwarf Discussion - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

White Dwarf Discussion
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next