Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

My own little corner of Mordheim...

Go down 
+130
Bolbotos
Fat Rat
qazbnm
monkeylite
Captain Ludwig of Altdorf
Lion01
Pyyr
JoaoS
wanna993
Arli
Jerry_O
theomar pius
neuh
Spectre76
Da Great MC
cobaltearthgem
thecandlelit chopshop
chaos wolf
Ser Tasnica
RobinTrevize
Vagabond
oseru
Drenengar
oldschoolgameroo
Joshua Von Wolkestadt
DrHobo
Dasgnom
LAZtheinfamous
opaque
Ordo Septenarius
5pointer
Gardamazh
Ninja Goblin
Macefist
Theorox
Krolog da Facemangolor
SerialMoM
Tintin
HarryMason
hexenjagar
Krataeros
Milliardo
FKSN
Grimscull
Narcissus
Tewfik
Speckie
Soulblight
Plague Docter
WarbossKurgan
Kapitan_Hak
death comes to all
Rudeboy
Ezekiel
superscenic
floedebolle
Skavenblight
franzyland
Mr.chair
drakkol
Nerje
Captain Bernhardt
vampirekhaine
widgren
MTD
Von Kurst
SiliconSicilian
Ashton
Kaptain BlackSquig
XIII
Judo
Pirexian
werekin
shanks
Hasselt
mweaver
CygnusMaximus
Pretaboire
MonkeyShaman
Pablo_El_Marques
crouching lictor
whisper2053
Mithras
JessicaCastro
Paluke
dalanshin
Your Mum's Warband
Goonstah
Mr_Sinister
kidbone
garathiel
frog
KRUG_666
magokiron
Paintedpain
Cavonius
Powerposey
Yitu
eternaldream
Johann Cocaine
si
Duce
perfesser
No Time
justizius
Mordheimer
Da Bank
Aldhick
SeiFeR-NL
matt
Jadex
Gobbo Freak
Popmouth
Figgy
pascal the rascal
black mantis
Kaptain Dedgob
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Ash
Pfreck
Tagnator
HornedRat
Drugart
And
Nurgle's Bratwurst Bugle
lord siwoc
DeafNala
Lanyssa Ryssyll
cianty
Boreas_NL
134 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jul 2011 - 21:47

Updates!

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 DSCN1357

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 DSCN1358
I emptied my cupboard containing my dungeon... All 130 pieces (maybe even more) will get a complete (re)paint! Most of the pieces already have some paint on them, but I want them to match the colours I used for my Mordheim board. Furthermore, I'm going to add a lot of additional details (like the cloaked figures and shields). I really have to use them for a game as soon as possible, is has been way too long!

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 DSCN1366
One of the first plaster casts... All painted and ready for use, maybe the sculpture needs another highlight.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 DSCN1365
I continued work on the walls for my Garden of Morr... The second piece is now finished and ready for paint and plastic fences.

And for my Garden of Morr I'm working on two smaller structures...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 DSCN1361
The start of the first mausoleum... This one is going to be square in shape, one door and the other three sides will be covered with my new panels with the cloaked figures.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 DSCN1363
The lower half of a smaller monument/statue... This one will most likely get a statue on top...

I'm designing these two items as I'm building them so I have no idea how they are going to look when they are finished... I want to do several of these (style wise) for use in both Mordheim and on my main table.

Thanks for watching! As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated, so please let me know what you think...
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul 2011 - 21:58

No feedback Shocked Crying or Very sad

Update time!

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 DSCN1368
I casted enough parts to make another set of six supports with the cloaked figures, enough to make another wall section...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 DSCN1370
I finished the smaller monument, although 'smaller' can be a bit relative... This one stands around 20 cm tall, a good bit larger than I originally intended.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 DSCN1371
A close-up of the details... There are more skulls on this one than you can shake a stick at. A bit over the top, but definatly very gothic! The roof is going to be painted in a metallic colour to match the statue on top.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 DSCN1372
I also continued work on the larger mausoleum... The roof is done in the same style as with the smaller monument, though it still needs all the details. On top of the arches there will be a tall spire done in the same style.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 DSCN1373
A close-up of the top of the mausoleum... I had some doubts about placing a statue up here (originally I wanted to use a bell) but this looked better. The bell will probably feature in another monument.

I also swapped the metal door with a wooden one to match the ones I use in my Dungeon... I've also started work on another monument/mausoleum. Both of these will have a door that leads to my Dungeon so my Mordheim battles will now feature an accesible undergound. The two mausolea will be placed in my city and be used as entry points to my dungeon. The Dungeon can be set up on my main table so we can use both levels at the same time. Moving models through the tunnels to emerge on the other side of the city sounds like fun to me and don't get me started about underground ambushes...

Thanks for watching! As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated, so please let me know what you think!
Back to top Go down
Macefist
Youngblood
Youngblood
Macefist

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul 2011 - 23:12

Awesomeness is an understatement!

I really like the Garden of Morr idea, not to mention the dungeon underground one!
Keep up the good work, you have inspired me to get my own Hirst molds, so please keep on posting updates!
Back to top Go down
shanks
General
General
shanks

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jul 2011 - 23:33

i really like whay you did with the scibor bits, i saw these a few weeks ago and ordered some to make some wall releifs for my upcoming fortified empire city
as usual your inventions are top notch
Back to top Go down
Soulblight
General
General
Soulblight

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jul 2011 - 10:30

I am humbled by all this..

Think i have to make my girlfriend believe Mordheim is my new religion and your place is something akind to Mecka for me. That way, perhaps she let me travel there and play!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jul 2011 - 12:54

All VERY CREATIVE! With your fondness for statuary the Gardens of Morr should be quite SPECTACULAR! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Ninja Goblin
Champion
Champion
Ninja Goblin

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jul 2011 - 9:55

I think this is scaling to an epic level. I would to see a few shots of all of your work laid out together it must jaw dropping.
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Aug 2011 - 22:12

Thanks for all the feedback! It's good to be back in Mordheim!

After coming home from our vacation I continued work on my monuments and mausoleum...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 DSCN1382
The big one is finished... It turned out quite a lot bigger than I originally intended, but I am quite pleased with the result. I seem to have misplaced the door, not surprising if you could see the mess on my desk... Due to it's size it looks quite nice when combined with my other Mordheim buildings.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 DSCN1383
I also constructed these smaller monuments... Still a good bit larger than the stuff from the Garden of Morr from GW (Which seems an awesome kit, I pre-ordered one to canibalise for parts Very Happy) but they fit very well with my other scenery. These have no problem blending in with my Mordheim board.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 DSCN1384
Close-up of my favorite... The size is just right, managable but still impressive (at least from the point of view of the models). I will probably make a couple more of these, although with other details.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 DSCN1385
All the finished items together... I have two other monuments/mausolea that still need finishing, but this set already starts to look like something... All these items can be used on my Mordheim board but also on my main table.
It's quite possible (= very, very probable) that I will make some adaptations as soon as I get my hands on the GW kit...

Thanks for watching! As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated, so please let me know what you think...
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Aug 2011 - 22:15

Great job, you realy know how to cast plaster, no bubbles visible.Do you use one of those dentists vibrating saucer, that makes the bubbles come up?

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
drakkol
Ancient
Ancient
drakkol

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Aug 2011 - 22:31

Who knows me has idea of how much difficult is to hear a compliment come out of my lips...but you and some other users in this forum deserve it!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Drakkols-workshop/294017540629240
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Aug 2011 - 17:01

Thanks for the feedback!

Quote :
Great job, you realy know how to cast plaster, no bubbles visible.Do you use one of those dentists vibrating saucer, that makes the bubbles come up?
Thanks! I don't use a saucer, never even knew they existed... Might be usefull. For all the smaller parts and the detailed stuff I use a pipette. This way I can closely controll the flow of plaster into my molds.

Quote :
Who knows me has idea of how much difficult is to hear a compliment come out of my lips...but you and some other users in this forum deserve it!
Thank you very much! I aim to please Very Happy

And now for something completely different... I decided to put the Garden of Morr on hold until I get the new GW kit but I still had the uncontrolable urge to build some scenery... So I gathered all my trees and some plastic and started cutting and glueing...

I had no real plan, just a (somewhat blurry) vision of a big tree... The GW trees are very nice, all twisted and gnarly, but they lack sheer size. For both my Mordheim board and my main table I have several of the regular GW trees and they are perfect as battlefield details but I really want a tree that can represent a 'Holy Tree' of some sorts. A kind of ancient tree that can be found in many rural communities, most of the time on the town's square... Ofcourse it can also be used in my Garden of Morr...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 DSCN1387
This is what I started with... A vaguely tree shaped skeleton of plastic rods (H profile for strength). As I said, I had no real plan but I'm quite happy with the general shape.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 DSCN1388
A huge pile of trees and branches... I used eight of the GW trees for the big tree.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 DSCN1389
The skeleton combined with the trees... The smaller branches will be added in a later stage. Adding them now would only cause problems when I want to work on the shape of the tree itself.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 DSCN1390
The skeleton covered by the first layer of putty (stuff called 'papydur': pulped paper)... This is just the rough shape, the tree needs a lot more bulk and a load of details. Progress will be a bit slow as the pulp takes some time to dry sufficiently before the next layer can be applied.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 DSCN1391
A statue that will be cut straight out of the trunk of the tree... This detail will further tie the big tree to the rest of my scenery and give it a distinct Warhammer Fantasy/Empire look.

Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Aug 2011 - 18:11

Your return to Mordheim modeling is a TRIUMPH. The new Mausoleums are SPECTACULAR...as we've become accustomed to with your architectural pieces. GREAT STUFF! thumbsup
As a fan of SPOOKY flora, your Tree falls into the OH-SO-COOL category with moi. Doing some ambulatory, rogue trees with an expanded range of nutrients is something I got into with the Garden of Morr & the Steinhardt Memorial Gardens I did for Monkeyhead Mac. HAVE FUN WITH IT ALL! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat 6 Aug 2011 - 19:40

Thanks for the feedback!

Update time!!!

I've continued work on the tree. I did a lot of sculpting and detailing an it's now almost finished (or at least I thought it was). These pictures are from yesterday afternoon but since then I did a lot more work...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 DSCN1392
The square base helps to tie the tree to the rest of my scenery. It goes just as well on my Mordheim board and on my main table.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 DSCN1393

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 DSCN1394

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 DSCN1395
I added more statues and a couple of styrofoam rocks... The tree really feels like it should be right at home in any Empire town (and Mordheim too).

The putty is now almost dry and the tree needs another layer... I didn't think the putty would shrink that much but I guess it can't be helped. There are already some noticable gaps between the plastic and the sculpted putty and it hasn't even dried completely. That shouldn't be a problem as I have enough of the stuff left... More updates coming soon!

Back to top Go down
Theorox
Warlord
Warlord
Theorox

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat 6 Aug 2011 - 20:10

You're on the "People who inspire Theo" page of my Facebook! That's looking sweet, everything you do is awesome! Shocked

Theo
Back to top Go down
Gardamazh
Youngblood
Youngblood
Gardamazh

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat 6 Aug 2011 - 23:35

This work is amazing! Especially the details are awsome. Very inspiring. But... you must have paid a fortune for the statues...
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat 6 Aug 2011 - 23:56

Wow boreas, this looks fantastic, splendid work, again!Wink
What an awesome idea and what a great creative mind, at the end, i am without speech............

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun 7 Aug 2011 - 21:33

Thanks for the feedback! A lot of kind words!

Update time!!!

First up, the big tree...
My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 DSCN1409
The putty is almost completely dry... As you can see it has shrunk quite a lot and the shrinkage caused quite a lot of cracks. No problem, I'll wait until the putty is completely dry and add another layer.

I finished another mausoleum for my Garden of Morr...
My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 DSCN1400
Together with it's bigger brother... The mausoleum is fairly modest compared to the bigger one, but it fits nicely with the rest of my scenery. More importantly, it gives me another entrance to the dungeon...

I also continued work on another dungeon room...
My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 DSCN1397

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 DSCN1398
This room will serve as a sond entry point into my dungeon...

And this is where Mordheim meets the dungeon (or Mordheim underground)...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 DSCN1402
Both my mausolea are used as access points to the Mordheim underground...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 DSCN1405
Point A is connected to point A and point B to point B (it's as easy as that)...

By connecting my Mordheim board to my dungeon I can easily double the playing surface. The dungeon you see below is made with about 60 of the
150 total dungeon parts and is just a small part of what I can put together.
It might take some getting used to, but I think this can be a cool addition to my Mordheim board. This will add a lot of tactical options and possibilities, especially when playing scenarios that make entering the Mordheim underground mandatory... Even a simple Wyrdstone hunt can become a challenge!

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 DSCN1406

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 DSCN1407

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 DSCN1408
A few more shots of my dungeon set-up... This is just a small part of the complete dungeon for a try-out game next week.

Thanks for watching! As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated, so please let me know what you think!
Back to top Go down
Theorox
Warlord
Warlord
Theorox

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun 7 Aug 2011 - 21:47

That...is freaking awesome. Very Happy

Theo
Back to top Go down
5pointer
Elder
Elder
5pointer

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Aug 2011 - 11:24

I would quite possible sell a limb to play on that table (and luckily my dad is an amputee, so I'd have a buyer)
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Aug 2011 - 13:53

VERY COOL STUFF! The subterranean pieces & the entrances are a TERRIFIC extension of your Oh-So-Cool Mordheim table. thumbsup
I wouldn't go crazy filling all the cracks on the tree; re, real trees, especially the big, old ones, have cracks & holes...gives them character.
Back to top Go down
Ordo Septenarius
Warlord
Warlord
Ordo Septenarius

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Aug 2011 - 20:00

Unreal. Amazing.
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Aug 2011 - 21:04

Thanks for the feedback!

Quote :
That...is freaking awesome.

Theo
Thanks! I hope it all works out like I intended...

Quote :
I would quite possible sell a limb to play on that table (and luckily my dad is an amputee, so I'd have a buyer)
There is no need... Playing on my table is absolutely free and comes with a refreshing beverage of your choice (as long as it's fanta/orange soda) Very Happy

Quote :
VERY COOL STUFF! The subterranean pieces & the entrances are a TERRIFIC extension of your Oh-So-Cool Mordheim table.
I wouldn't go crazy filling all the cracks on the tree; re, real trees, especially the big, old ones, have cracks & holes...gives them character.
Thanks! It's cool to combine two separate projects. Both the dungeon and my Mordheim board have seen quite some action but never in this setting.
The cracks aren't the problem but the loss of bulk is a bigger issue. I need to cover the entire tree with at least another layer, maybe more to account for the shrinkage...

Quote :
Unreal. Amazing.
Thanks!

I hope the combination works out as I have in mind. If it does, it should add a lot of tactical possibilities to the standard Mordheim games. Furthermore, it will be very nice to use in games of WFRP... If I like it (and chances are I will), there will be more entrances in the future, preferably one on each quarter...

Remember, in the pictures you can only see a small part of my modular dungeon. For this set-up I used just under half of the pieces I have available, more than enough to represent a sizable part of the Mordheim underground. The dungeon itself is pretty empty as the piles of crates and barrels that normally can be found down there also serve above ground on my Mordheim board. Luckily I have more crates and barrels and quite a lot of different closets and cupboards to fill the underground halls.

More updates coming soon! I actually painted the two smaller monuments and the small mausoleum this afternoon.

Back to top Go down
opaque
Knight
Knight
opaque

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Sep 2011 - 14:05

Hi Boreas,

its more than a month left that i´ve seen some update of your ifoundnowordtodescribehowincredibleawesomeitis Table. Please, please, please show some more pictures and if it is not to much work maybe with an splash of coulor?
I´m looking forward to see them because it´s realy inspiring to see you focus on every detail and make things come to live
Back to top Go down
LAZtheinfamous
Hero
Hero
LAZtheinfamous

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon 3 Oct 2011 - 5:42

Well, I just spent the last few hours going through this thread, and I learned a lot. Thank you so much for all of this. I think the best is the fences. That is going to be convenient for me some day.
Back to top Go down
Dasgnom
Youngblood
Youngblood
Dasgnom

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Oct 2011 - 12:54

So freaking awesome! Im speachless! Kepp up the great work!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My own little corner of Mordheim...
Page 22 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 34  Next