Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

My own little corner of Mordheim...

Go down 
+130
Bolbotos
Fat Rat
qazbnm
monkeylite
Captain Ludwig of Altdorf
Lion01
Pyyr
JoaoS
wanna993
Arli
Jerry_O
theomar pius
neuh
Spectre76
Da Great MC
cobaltearthgem
thecandlelit chopshop
chaos wolf
Ser Tasnica
RobinTrevize
Vagabond
oseru
Drenengar
oldschoolgameroo
Joshua Von Wolkestadt
DrHobo
Dasgnom
LAZtheinfamous
opaque
Ordo Septenarius
5pointer
Gardamazh
Ninja Goblin
Macefist
Theorox
Krolog da Facemangolor
SerialMoM
Tintin
HarryMason
hexenjagar
Krataeros
Milliardo
FKSN
Grimscull
Narcissus
Tewfik
Speckie
Soulblight
Plague Docter
WarbossKurgan
Kapitan_Hak
death comes to all
Rudeboy
Ezekiel
superscenic
floedebolle
Skavenblight
franzyland
Mr.chair
drakkol
Nerje
Captain Bernhardt
vampirekhaine
widgren
MTD
Von Kurst
SiliconSicilian
Ashton
Kaptain BlackSquig
XIII
Judo
Pirexian
werekin
shanks
Hasselt
mweaver
CygnusMaximus
Pretaboire
MonkeyShaman
Pablo_El_Marques
crouching lictor
whisper2053
Mithras
JessicaCastro
Paluke
dalanshin
Your Mum's Warband
Goonstah
Mr_Sinister
kidbone
garathiel
frog
KRUG_666
magokiron
Paintedpain
Cavonius
Powerposey
Yitu
eternaldream
Johann Cocaine
si
Duce
perfesser
No Time
justizius
Mordheimer
Da Bank
Aldhick
SeiFeR-NL
matt
Jadex
Gobbo Freak
Popmouth
Figgy
pascal the rascal
black mantis
Kaptain Dedgob
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Ash
Pfreck
Tagnator
HornedRat
Drugart
And
Nurgle's Bratwurst Bugle
lord siwoc
DeafNala
Lanyssa Ryssyll
cianty
Boreas_NL
134 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 23 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Pirexian
Elder
Elder
Pirexian

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers
Achievements earned: none

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon 3 May 2010 - 2:11

you are taking your table to a unbelievable level of detail... xO!! so jellouss
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon 3 May 2010 - 12:47

Quote :
don't you spend a lot of time per week/day on your table? I wish I could get myself that motivated!
Depends on a lot of things... Now I have a two week vacation so there is lot's of free time, but otherwise it's just a few hours a week whenever I can get them. Work tends to get in the way, so does social life and my XboX...

Quote :
superb work!

could you make a tutorial on how to make such a mold?

Sure, no problem... I will make a tutorial for the next mold I make.

Quote :
you are taking your table to a unbelievable level of detail... xO!! so jellouss

Details are fun! They make the city come to life... Besides, if I keep adding more details I can postpone painting... My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_wink

Small update...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 DSCN0425
The original wall, master for the mold and the first cast... The mold gives a very detailed result. I = pleased...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 DSCN0428
Example of how I want to use this piece... Adding a little detail to wall sections without a window.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, so please let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon 3 May 2010 - 13:48

That is SO in character with the Mordheim/Empire chic. FINE modeling & attention to details are the hallmarks of your work. GREAT & INSPIRATIONAL STUFF! My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 544694
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue 4 May 2010 - 19:39

Quote :
That is SO in character with the Mordheim/Empire chic. FINE modeling & attention to details are the hallmarks of your work. GREAT & INSPIRATIONAL STUFF! My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 544694

Stop it, you're making me blush My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_redface Thanks!

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 DSCN0431
During the last few years I've made a fair bit of molds for all kinds of hobby related projects. The items shown on the pictures are cast from (some of) those molds. Most of these items could find a use in Mordheim.

I'm not looking to sell anything, but I am quite curious to see if there are people interested in trading...
Back to top Go down
Figgy
Elder
Elder
Figgy

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue 4 May 2010 - 22:46

...Can I trade my body for some of those casts?

I kid...or do I?

But yeah, I would be interested in doing anything to get myself some of that cheddar. I don't have much to trade, but I can purchase some if you are willing to sell.

Your work is just amazing, and such a GRAND idea with the twin-tailed comet decoration!!!! My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Herz
Back to top Go down
XIII
Champion
Champion
XIII

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2010 - 1:09

I would definately love to get my hands on some barrels, crates and the lamps!!!

As for trade... errmmm I could paint some of your work for you My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_razz
I dont reall have anything for trade, but would pay.

Really looking forward to this mould casting tutorial!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://xiii.org.uk
CygnusMaximus
Warlord
Warlord
CygnusMaximus

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2010 - 5:29

Since a number of those seem to be casts of items produced by others, I'm not sure that Boreas can legally (or publicly, for that matter) sell or trade casts of them without landing in hot water. Anything that he made almost entirely by himself is fair game, though.

Maybe try PMing him to see if he'd be willing to sell or trade...?
Back to top Go down
Nerje
Youngblood
Youngblood
Nerje

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2010 - 7:02

Boreas_NL wrote:

Sorry mate, I already have a girlfriend, and a wife... But as soon as there is an opening I'll drop you a line My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_wink

And girlfriend AND a wife? I gotta get in the terrain business
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2010 - 10:59

Quote :
Your work is just amazing, and such a GRAND idea with the twin-tailed comet decoration!!!! My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Herz
My favorite by far! Easy little piece with great results...

Quote :
Since a number of those seem to be casts of items produced by others, I'm not sure that Boreas can legally (or publicly, for that matter) sell or trade casts of them without landing in hot water. Anything that he made almost entirely by himself is fair game, though.

Maybe try PMing him to see if he'd be willing to sell or trade...?

Quite right! That's why I'm primarily looking for a trade. Interested in trading Mordheim models and all sorts of bits. Also looking for a new warband, preferably (new plastic) Skaven or Beastmen...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 DSCN0435
If you have any of these lying around, you should definately give me a shout...

Final piece of advice is a good one though...

I also posted this in the trade section.

I almost dare not tell you, but I intend to basecoat one of my buildings today... Paint time!

Last edited by Boreas_NL on Wed 5 May 2010 - 16:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pirexian
Elder
Elder
Pirexian

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2010 - 16:07

:O!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
CygnusMaximus
Warlord
Warlord
CygnusMaximus

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2010 - 16:22

I have had nothing but great experiences with this eBay Seller of bits (including the one's you're after) and shipping to the Netherlands appears to be pretty affordable!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2010 - 16:43

Just an idea, but you MIGHT get better results if you posted what you were looking to trade for. It might even stop Figgy from throwing his body at you...possibly. My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2010 - 16:44

Quote :
Really looking forward to this mould casting tutorial!!!!!

Well, here it is...

As with all projects, this one also starts with the right materials... I use a two part silicon rubber for my molds which needs to be measured and mixed correctly (20 parts rubber to 1 part chemical reactor) for a good result.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 DSCN0443
My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 DSCN0442
Step 1: Masters... Every mold needs a master. I cut out the cloaked figures from the face of the Chapel and added a few shields. I used the big shield with the comet again as I had the space and need quite a few of them... Make sure everything has a completely flat surface, this is needed for casting.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 DSCN0444
Step 2: Make a bottom/base for the mold (check out step 3 before cutting anything). For this one I used a piece of plasticard but you can also use MDF or anything else with a smooth surface. Next: glue the pieces you want to cast to the base. Use as little glue as possible, wipe away any excess glue.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 DSCN0445
Step 3: Bring out your LEGO! Build a wall around your mold (due to complete coincidence my wall exactly fits my base). Be sure to leave enough space between between your masters and the edge of the mold (about 1/2 cm or 1/4 inch).

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 DSCN0446
Step 4: Tape the edges of the mold. For this I used masking tape (easy to remove and doesn't affect the LEGO), but you could use any kind of tape as long as it keeps the wall and base securely in place...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 DSCN0447
Step 5: Coating the masters... Use a stiff brush to completely cover your master with rubber, this prevents pockets of air being trapped on the surface you want to cast (bubbles) and makes sure you get even the smallest detail.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 DSCN0448
Step 6: Fill it up! Use the rubber you have left to fill the mold. Depending on the size of the mold and master you'll want a thick or a thin mold. This one is about two LEGO bricks thick... On this picture you can clearly see some bubbles, this is completely normal and is caused by the chemical reaction triggered by mixing the rubber with the chemical component. Normally I grab a pin or other pointy object and start poking the bubbles, just for the fun of it...

Step 7: Practicing patience... The kind of rubber I use has a curing time of 24 hours before it's done...

Hope this helps. As soon as the mold has cured and the first cast is ready I'll show you how I intend to use these pieces... If they all work out the way I planned these will be quite fun to use!

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, so please let me know what you think!
Back to top Go down
XIII
Champion
Champion
XIII

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 6 May 2010 - 0:54

Great tutorial yet again!

We'll be expecting the "Boreas_NL - Through the Smouldering Ashes; a mordheim builders guide. " publication to hit the shelves soon. An epic guidebook from hinges to hangings... followed by the painters guide several years after My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
SiliconSicilian
Veteran
Veteran
SiliconSicilian

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 6 May 2010 - 1:01

XIII wrote:

We'll be expecting the "Boreas_NL - Through the Smouldering Ashes; a mordheim builders guide. " publication to hit the shelves soon. An epic guidebook from hinges to hangings... followed by the painters guide several years after My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_razz

That last bit is pretty cold!

Good tutorial.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/siliconsicilian/sets/72157623710783
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 6 May 2010 - 9:23

Quote :

XIII wrote:

That last bit is pretty cold!

Good tutorial.

Nah, he's absolutely right My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_lol My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_lol My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_lol thanks for the compliments...

The mold is done and the first cast is ready... Picture time!

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 DSCN0451
The three cloaked figures came out great!

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 DSCN0450
Intended use...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 DSCN0449
Small shields, nothing spectacular but I love the detail!

Back to top Go down
XIII
Champion
Champion
XIII

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu 6 May 2010 - 10:55

*grins*

It's your attention to even the smallest of details which really bring it all to life. What's the ground rent like in that corner of mordheim? Seems a very affluent area with all their comissioned sculptures.

Still need to go out and buy myself some of the cylindrical plasticard stuff. Everytime I glance in here I go green with envy at those hinges etc.

On a side note (not meaning to be funny this time), I was wondering how you plan to paint your walls? Will you mix some textured paint and carefully paint around the wood, or just leave it flat, or some other crazy technique?
Back to top Go down
SiliconSicilian
Veteran
Veteran
SiliconSicilian

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri 7 May 2010 - 0:15

These builds with all the mold details are great. It is good to see some rich neighbourhoods in Mordheim, too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/siliconsicilian/sets/72157623710783
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri 7 May 2010 - 9:37

Quote :
On a side note (not meaning to be funny this time), I was wondering how you plan to paint your walls? Will you mix some textured paint and carefully paint around the wood, or just leave it flat, or some other crazy technique?

Call it crazy, but I use textured paint. It gives a nice result but is an absolute nightmare to paint... The plasticard is so smooth that it takes several layers to finish.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 DSCN0452
I've undercoated a finished building. Ready the brushes and bring out the paint!

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 DSCN0453
Yesterday I've been producing and assembling a vast amount of lanterns...

Expect pics of a painted building soon...
Back to top Go down
XIII
Champion
Champion
XIII

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri 7 May 2010 - 9:49

Boreas_NL wrote:
Call it crazy, but I use textured paint. It gives a nice result but is an absolute nightmare to paint... The plasticard is so smooth that it takes several layers to finish.

Madness!!! I did it a similar way for my first, then started adding wall/plaster filler onto the foamcore before attaching the wood which speeds up the painting... then again, it wouldn't look quite as neat.

Those lanterns are awesome! Are you doing a double sided cast or are they just standing on end with the bottom flat?
You're making me look bad with all these day to day updates and tutorials, time I get a move on My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri 7 May 2010 - 10:09

Those are 3d models... The lanterns itself are cast of plaster, the brackets or braces are made with plastic.
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri 7 May 2010 - 16:08

Something to whet your appetites...

Still very much a pip (painting in progress) but you can see where I'm going (hopefully)...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 DSCN0454
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri 7 May 2010 - 16:45

VERY NICE! While a model can be appreciated for the craftsmanship involved, a coat of paint brings it to life. A GREAT START...WELL DONE! My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 544694
Back to top Go down
SeiFeR-NL
Warlord
Warlord
SeiFeR-NL

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Bretonnians (Unofficial) Bretonnians (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri 7 May 2010 - 17:01

Boreas_NL wrote:
Something to whet your appetites...

Still very much a pip (painting in progress) but you can see where I'm going (hopefully)...

Looking great, i really enjoy to watch your city growing!!!

I have ordered some Table Top World buildings myself. Only need to find some good addons, like those lanterns and beds, closeths etc...
Back to top Go down
XIII
Champion
Champion
XIII

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri 7 May 2010 - 17:03

Boreas_NL wrote:
Those are 3d models... The lanterns itself are cast of plaster, the brackets or braces are made with plastic.
I meant the actual lamp cast itself, I saw your mini-tut of the brackets... since the mould tutorial showed the pieces with a flat back, I was curious how the lamp was set when making the mould to keep the cylindrical shape and cone top.

The paint is certainly bringing it to life! Very clean and precise, as are all of your builds. Very nice style. I imagine it would be a nightmare to do.
Looking forward to seeing it finished up with a bit of weathering and highlighting. Right now the the pics make the wood look a bit plastic or something
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My own little corner of Mordheim...
Page 12 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 23 ... 34  Next