Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

My own little corner of Mordheim...

Go down 
+130
Bolbotos
Fat Rat
qazbnm
monkeylite
Captain Ludwig of Altdorf
Lion01
Pyyr
JoaoS
wanna993
Arli
Jerry_O
theomar pius
neuh
Spectre76
Da Great MC
cobaltearthgem
thecandlelit chopshop
chaos wolf
Ser Tasnica
RobinTrevize
Vagabond
oseru
Drenengar
oldschoolgameroo
Joshua Von Wolkestadt
DrHobo
Dasgnom
LAZtheinfamous
opaque
Ordo Septenarius
5pointer
Gardamazh
Ninja Goblin
Macefist
Theorox
Krolog da Facemangolor
SerialMoM
Tintin
HarryMason
hexenjagar
Krataeros
Milliardo
FKSN
Grimscull
Narcissus
Tewfik
Speckie
Soulblight
Plague Docter
WarbossKurgan
Kapitan_Hak
death comes to all
Rudeboy
Ezekiel
superscenic
floedebolle
Skavenblight
franzyland
Mr.chair
drakkol
Nerje
Captain Bernhardt
vampirekhaine
widgren
MTD
Von Kurst
SiliconSicilian
Ashton
Kaptain BlackSquig
XIII
Judo
Pirexian
werekin
shanks
Hasselt
mweaver
CygnusMaximus
Pretaboire
MonkeyShaman
Pablo_El_Marques
crouching lictor
whisper2053
Mithras
JessicaCastro
Paluke
dalanshin
Your Mum's Warband
Goonstah
Mr_Sinister
kidbone
garathiel
frog
KRUG_666
magokiron
Paintedpain
Cavonius
Powerposey
Yitu
eternaldream
Johann Cocaine
si
Duce
perfesser
No Time
justizius
Mordheimer
Da Bank
Aldhick
SeiFeR-NL
matt
Jadex
Gobbo Freak
Popmouth
Figgy
pascal the rascal
black mantis
Kaptain Dedgob
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Ash
Pfreck
Tagnator
HornedRat
Drugart
And
Nurgle's Bratwurst Bugle
lord siwoc
DeafNala
Lanyssa Ryssyll
cianty
Boreas_NL
134 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
DrHobo
Champion
Champion
DrHobo

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Nov 2011 - 16:36

I won't even start on commenting on your table. I won't be able to form comprehensible sentences anyway. Please do NEVER stop to build scenery, ever.

It's just... beyond words, really.
Back to top Go down
Joshua Von Wolkestadt
Hero
Hero
Joshua Von Wolkestadt

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Jan 2012 - 17:42

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Shocked I just can't comprehend how spellbinding this is! thumbsup

... As far as I am concerned, you are the KING of terrain building! king
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jan 2012 - 9:16

I dream of my very own dungeon too.

Stupid Question: Did you make all these dungeon tiles by yourself or did you buy the basuc parts in bulk amounts to build up the dungeon parts?

Your workis so fantastic. Thank you for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Theorox
Warlord
Warlord
Theorox

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jan 2012 - 9:36

AAAAAAAW you guys made me think there was an update! Sad

*Goes into corner and weeps a bit*

Theo
Back to top Go down
opaque
Knight
Knight
opaque

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Jan 2012 - 17:04

Hey Theorox,

look at WarSeer there you can find an update of this incredible piece of terrain.

Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Mar 2012 - 21:44

I must offer all of you my apologies... I could tell you about how busy I've been and how work has kept me occupied, I could even try to put the blame on my Stirlanders, but that's no excuse. It has been too long (the first thing I saw was the pop-up congratulating me with my birthday, now four months ago)... The last few posts made me realise an update was long overdue, so here it is.

Luckily I have not been completely idle...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 DSCN1682

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 DSCN1683
I continued work on the large (now even bigger) tree... I changed the material (less shrinkage and less cracking) and added a larger statue to the base of the tree. It's now mostly finished... All the smaller branches will be added after painting (yes, I fully intend to paint it). It's complicated enough, even without all thise smaller brances getting in the way...

I also started a 'little' Siege project...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 DSCN1666

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 DSCN1667

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 DSCN1665
With the release of the new Siege rules I couldn't resist the urge to start the construction of my own fortress... These pics show just how far I've progressed, not that far...

I also finished my gate. This piece was done quite some time ago, but I added some more details which never actually got painted.
My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 DSCN1684
Until now, all finished! I have many more of those smaller bits that await painting and will try to fiish some over the coming weeks...

Please accept my offering of peace... As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated, so please let me know what you think...
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Mar 2012 - 22:23

WELCOME BACK...I can take the candle out of the window now. cheers
The Fortress Walls & the Oh-So-Cool Gate look TERRIFIC. The Tree is, however, FANTASTIC. Spooky trees of various descriptions have become my thing; AND that is an OUTSTANDING example of the genre. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
oldschoolgameroo
Knight
Knight
oldschoolgameroo

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2012 - 1:33

Your board is simply amazing sir!! I love the ideas you have with your trees and the statues carved into them and I will might have to pinch that. Please post some more as I am in awe..
Back to top Go down
Drenengar
Youngblood
Youngblood
Drenengar

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr 2012 - 18:50

Stuning! I really like your work, and you have a lot of good ideas =D

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
http://warchafa.mforos.com/forums/
Theorox
Warlord
Warlord
Theorox

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Apr 2012 - 11:27

The tree looks very promising. Cool walls, too! Smile

Theo
Back to top Go down
Tintin
Warlord
Warlord
Tintin

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Apr 2012 - 17:01

As allways, you continue to impress me, and everyone else I suppose, with your great buildings. The tree is very impressive, to say the least.

I do wonder, did you ever get any of the packages that where sent to you from me and my friend Kalle? Some resin castings that we had made? If not, would you please send me your name and adress in a PM again? We would love to re-imburse you for your generous package of stuff that we got from you. I can tell you that all of it have been used and is much admired by the crowd over here.

Sonny
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Apr 2012 - 17:25

Thanks for the feedback!

Update time!

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 DSCN0254
A long time ago I built this (working) gallows... The model even got painted some time ago and has seen quite some action, both in Mordheim and on my main table. The only thing I didn't really like about the gallows was the absence of a base...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 DSCN1694
I had a spare base, left over from one of my old buildings and decided to add a statue and some smaller items...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 DSCN1693

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 DSCN1692
Both the barrel and the coffins also featue in my barricades and thus help to further tie this particular piece of scenery to the rest of my collection. The base is also usefull when used on my main table as it shields the gallows from damage and another statue is always good, right?

Thanks for watching! More updates coming soon! As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated, so please let me know what you think...
Back to top Go down
Tintin
Warlord
Warlord
Tintin

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Apr 2012 - 17:36

It looks great, needless to say really hehe. I havent seen a single thing that didnt look good on your table so far!

By the way, did you see my question in my former post?

Sonny
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Apr 2012 - 23:06

@ Tintin
I just read your previous post again, and I must say I haven't seen your package yet... It's quite a long time ago and I almost forgotten about our little trade.

Anyway, here's an update! Not really a scenery update, but still interesting to read I guess...

Tonight FBI and me played a couple of skirmish games... I even remembered to take some pictures!

First up: the battlefield!

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 DSCN1701
My Mordheim board...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 DSCN1699
A few pieces of my modular dungeon...

The battlefield was split in two different levels, above and below ground... Our first idea was to link them both together using both my mausolea as entrances to the dungeon. After a moment of consideration we decided it would be better to keep it simple and play two separate games (one above ground and one below ground).

Next up: the opposing forces!

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 DSCN1705
FBI brought his Vampire Lord... Around 300 points worth of bloodthirsty, ill tempered fangs and claws!

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 DSCN1702
My hunting party... After the release of the most disappointing new Empire book, my officers decided to organise a team building activity to boost morale. And what would be better than a Vampire Hunt? So, my men boozed up, strapped on their armour, polished their weapons and waxed their stashes and went in search of their quarry...

We played the first game in the dungeon. My men split up and started the hunt... As they closed on the Vampire, they even managed to get in a couple of shots and even wound the leech! As Combat started FBI decided to use magic to summon back a couple of his wounds...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 DSCN1706

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 DSCN1708
As you can see, something went horribly wrong... His spell caused a disastrous miscast, making the Vampire suffer another wound. The remaining Stirlanders then proceeded (after losing two of their number to the Vampire's attacks) to chop the beast to pieces.
After such a quick game, we decided to swap places. FBI took command of my hunting party and I used his Vampire... I fully expected the Stirlanders to vanquish the Vampire again. Alas, FBI managed to get all my Stirlanders killed (in a suitably messy fashion) without causing so much as a dent in the Vampire.

After that, we moved the battle to the streets!

That battle proved as bloody as the first two

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 DSCN1713
The Stirlanders cornered the Vampire! The beast must have felt that escape would be impossible and charged in... Both Witch Hunters and both the Warrior Priests were killed in the following combat, but the Captains managed to kill the Vampire (bit by bit)...

We had a couple of great games! Fun, fast and bloody! The Vampire was really scary (the kind of scary that makes you want to change your pants) and the Stirlanders only managed to best him thanks to their superior numbers (and the fact that they were properly boozed up might have helped, too)...

Thanks for watching! More updates coming soon! As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated, so please let me know what you think...
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Apr 2012 - 4:52

Woot! Battle reports! Warhammer Skirmish? Sounds like fun whatever rules you were using. Plus its great to see your tables in action.
Back to top Go down
Theorox
Warlord
Warlord
Theorox

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Apr 2012 - 11:11

Looks like a sweet game on some awesome terrain. Smile

Theo
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri 20 Apr 2012 - 11:30

Even in their largely unpainted state the gaming boards & minis look TERRIFIC. A cool battle report only adds to the Beasty...YET ANOTHER FINE POST! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
oseru

oseru

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon 14 May 2012 - 2:24

Where do you get the rubber for your molds and the material you use to cast with?
Back to top Go down
Vagabond
Ancient
Ancient
Vagabond

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue 15 May 2012 - 19:07

I really love your tree, man! : ) When do you intend to finish it?
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue 15 May 2012 - 19:34

I'd really like to see a close up of your hunting party. Looks like there are some nice conversions involved. And wnat's the mini on the left in the front (the family-pic)?
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue 15 May 2012 - 22:42

Thanks for the feedback!

That last game was highly enjoyable, too bad I lost the taste for battle after the release with 8th edition Empire...

More paint is on the horizon! The tree is high on my priority list, but it might take some time before it's completely finished as life is quite busy at the moment...

The rubber is from a company called Polyservice, it's a two part silicone rubber, perfectly suited for making detailed molds. I use a high grade plaster for casting. If you have more questions, feel free to ask!

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 DSCN1702
I think you are talking about this pic?

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 DSCN1591
It's one of the Empire Fighters from long ago (1985)... I believe he is called Rombustus Sellsword. It's a pretty awesome model and I use him as a Captain in my Stirland army.

Last edited by Boreas_NL on Tue 15 May 2012 - 22:43; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to say stuff...)
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue 15 May 2012 - 22:55

Thanks very much for taking the pic and explaining! I like your army on Warseer a lot btw.
Back to top Go down
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012 - 22:38

amazing as ever !
the tree has become a monster. Painted it will probably look even more awesome.
you've got some pretty neat models as well
a warhammer quest warrior priest as statue ! those go for like 20 $ on ebay I think.
the one in your pic at the bottom right ; some kind of witch hunter ? Is this GW as well ? Think I never saw that one.
Keep up the good work & tx for your pics !
Back to top Go down
RobinTrevize
Captain
Captain
RobinTrevize

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue 22 May 2012 - 17:36

Hey man,
I'm sure you've heard this all before but your work is amazing (+10 ego points)
It's so good that its spurred me into action creating a table of my own.
As it stands I've done nothing but source materials but hopefully i'll have something to show for it soon enough.

Also as another idea. You ever thought of organising this stuff into a kind of ebook that teaches people how to make scenery? I know it may be a lot of work but I've recently started looking at publishing short stories online and the costs to profits ratio ain't half bad (Even if you only sell your work at a couple of "insert correct currency here") Just a thought. Not only will it allow you a bit of cash on the side but your techniques will be shared by a larger audience.
Oh yeah, this isn't a sales pitch and I am under no duress.
*ebook sales representative removes gun from the side of robins head*

But seriously keep up the good work. You've definitely inspired a lot of people to try their hand at scenery building. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.asmyr.co.uk (Under construction)
Ser Tasnica
Warrior
Warrior
Ser Tasnica

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat 2 Jun 2012 - 21:49

Just finished reading the whole thread. (Couldn't stop.)
And I just want to say: Wow! Amazing job. And inspiring as hell.
One of the best projects I have ever seen. All thumbs up! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://schattenspiele-jena.de
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 23 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My own little corner of Mordheim...
Page 23 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 34  Next