Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

My own little corner of Mordheim...

Go down 
+130
Bolbotos
Fat Rat
qazbnm
monkeylite
Captain Ludwig of Altdorf
Lion01
Pyyr
JoaoS
wanna993
Arli
Jerry_O
theomar pius
neuh
Spectre76
Da Great MC
cobaltearthgem
thecandlelit chopshop
chaos wolf
Ser Tasnica
RobinTrevize
Vagabond
oseru
Drenengar
oldschoolgameroo
Joshua Von Wolkestadt
DrHobo
Dasgnom
LAZtheinfamous
opaque
Ordo Septenarius
5pointer
Gardamazh
Ninja Goblin
Macefist
Theorox
Krolog da Facemangolor
SerialMoM
Tintin
HarryMason
hexenjagar
Krataeros
Milliardo
FKSN
Grimscull
Narcissus
Tewfik
Speckie
Soulblight
Plague Docter
WarbossKurgan
Kapitan_Hak
death comes to all
Rudeboy
Ezekiel
superscenic
floedebolle
Skavenblight
franzyland
Mr.chair
drakkol
Nerje
Captain Bernhardt
vampirekhaine
widgren
MTD
Von Kurst
SiliconSicilian
Ashton
Kaptain BlackSquig
XIII
Judo
Pirexian
werekin
shanks
Hasselt
mweaver
CygnusMaximus
Pretaboire
MonkeyShaman
Pablo_El_Marques
crouching lictor
whisper2053
Mithras
JessicaCastro
Paluke
dalanshin
Your Mum's Warband
Goonstah
Mr_Sinister
kidbone
garathiel
frog
KRUG_666
magokiron
Paintedpain
Cavonius
Powerposey
Yitu
eternaldream
Johann Cocaine
si
Duce
perfesser
No Time
justizius
Mordheimer
Da Bank
Aldhick
SeiFeR-NL
matt
Jadex
Gobbo Freak
Popmouth
Figgy
pascal the rascal
black mantis
Kaptain Dedgob
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Ash
Pfreck
Tagnator
HornedRat
Drugart
And
Nurgle's Bratwurst Bugle
lord siwoc
DeafNala
Lanyssa Ryssyll
cianty
Boreas_NL
134 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Apr 2013 - 17:18

I had my eye on this priest as well, but I woun't attend Games Day Germany just for this one. The new hammer on your captain also looks very cool and more fitting than the old one.
Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Apr 2013 - 17:21

Yeah, FW stuff is awesome, but they really make you pay for it...
Again, damn my weak-will when it comes to models like this! MUST... RESIST.... COOL.... MINIS!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetonezone.net
Vagabond
Ancient
Ancient
Vagabond

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Apr 2013 - 20:11

Your every miniature has a lot of character! I am really amazed every time you post something new!
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Apr 2013 - 21:09

The detail on that warrior priest is amazing! Must check out FW more often....

All your stuff is great, and though I haven't offered my encouragement in this thread in a while, I often check for updates and marvel at the details. Your dungeon, especially with the multi-level pieces, is inspirational. I'll echo deafnala in his inclination towards a darker grimier labyrinth, but your crisp/clean style is sort of your trademark, so it works here. I have always wanted to build a multi-level dungeon kit but never knew how to without obscuring the lower level. Now that you've solved that problem I might give it a shot in 5-6 years Wink
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Apr 2013 - 22:14

Thanks fot the feedback!

This afternoon FBI and my humble self played a game of Mordheim using the rules provided by Petey (which can be found [URL="http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?354546-Adding-Dreadfleet-Battles-to-Warhammer-Campaigns&p=6465063#post6465063"]here[/URL]). Great set of rules, great game! So here's the battle-report die je wist dat zou komen...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2771

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2768
First, the set-up of the dungeon... We decided to go with a compact lay-out this time. At least 20 pieces were left unused.

We opted to play a game with an objective that needed to be conquered by the enemy.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2769
The Stirlanders defended their prize barrel of Bugmans... The Dwarfs were hell bent on getting it back as my Stirlanders fully intended to heat up the ale, heresy in the eyes of any Dwarf!

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2770
And the Dwarfs needed to keep this piece of Dwarven technology from the hands of the greedy Stirlanders... The last thing they need is Stirland developing more firepower...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2772
Imperial deployment... No pic of the Dwarf deployment, but we used random deployment (three zones each, linked to a D3 rolled for each model).

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2773
My barrel of ale was well guarded... Who other than my favorite Halfling (counting as Free Company) should defend the barrel?

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2774
Both warbands race to close the distance...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2775
As with the last few games the deciding combat was fought on the upper levels, the high ground...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2776
Even though the Dwarfs were vastly outnumbered (13 Dwarfs versus 23 Men) they managed to kill all but four of my Stirlanders... The opening moves were mostly won by my Stirlanders but as the game progressed, an increasing number was killed by the Dwarfs. In the end it was very close, closer than the last pic suggests: Slayers can be lethal in such small games...

And now I need your help... I want to build/create a new set of scenery for my main table. I already decided (kind of) on a gothic style of overgrown ruin thing, using the same Hirst blocks I used for my dungeon. Thing is, I need a complete set: hills, statues, obstacles, ruins (both small and large), maybe even woods and a water feature (preferably a river with a bridge). I do have all the materials I'll need but I lack the inspiration, and to some extent, the experience... So, do you have any good ideas, suggestions and/or inspirational pics? Hit me!
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed 1 May 2013 - 11:50

Wow! Awesome!

A great read and super great to look at! Thanks for sharing! Just the right thing for a free day's morning. bounce

As for inspiration: Your words remind me of this very inspirational Alkemy board: http://alkemy.webkido.com/index.php?topic=771.0
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed 1 May 2013 - 12:56

Thanks! Even though it isn't gothic it has the exact vibe that I am looking for! Great set of scenery!
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed 1 May 2013 - 13:21

This is so impressive, i have no words..........

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed 1 May 2013 - 15:03

Quote :
Thing is, I need a complete set: hills, statues, obstacles, ruins (both small and large), maybe even woods and a water feature (preferably a river with a bridge).

Um, aren't you describing your own Mordheim table? Or did you sell it?affraid

@cianty--that Alchemy table is a lovely find.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeWed 1 May 2013 - 15:10

FANTASTIC! That could be the centerpiece of any AD&Der's/RPGer's WILDEST DREAMS! GREAT WORK! thumbsup

Last edited by DeafNala on Thu 2 May 2013 - 13:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Soulblight
General
General
Soulblight

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeThu 2 May 2013 - 12:45

EHBFav;lCaskFBqwoö.....

If i could, i would add some kind of drewl after that first word..

Man, terrific terrain!!
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri 3 May 2013 - 20:45

I love your battle report pictures as well as the scenery.

This one more set of scenery i would love to play on sometimes.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon 6 May 2013 - 11:42

Updates!

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2777

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2778

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2779

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2780
I have been busy with the new set of scenery... I have tried to make a tree with wire. This particular method isn't that difficult and I have already coated and textured this tree. In hindsight I think this one was a bit to intricate, which made coating the tree very difficult. I made sure the next set of trees had a bit less branches. I already made nine trees, most of them still need coating and texturing, but before long I should have enough for a true forest...

I coated the tree with paper towel soaked in thinned down wood glue and once that was dry (used a hair dryer for to speed up the drying) I used a brush to put on a coat of pulped paper (papidur, it's called). This offers some texture and also, once dry, is extremely hard... The pics show the process (still wet) and it looks kind of sticky... It looks a lot better now it's dry...

As for the rest of the scenery, I am sorely tempted to just update my Mordheim stuff... I already have a bunch of buildings, they just need to be painted. That would save me a lot of time... I have thought about adding foliage (partly thanks to Leunam) to the buildings for an overgrown, neglected feeling, that might make it a bit more interesting. Besides, statues and walls overgrown with creepers sounds nice...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2717
You all remember these guys, right?

While they certainly looked good with only 20 models in the unit (more elite looking, if you catch my meaning), for the sake of effectiveness they needed to be horded up!

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2785

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2782
My newest horde: the skull-masked Halberdiers... I still needed 20 to bring the unit up to it's current strength and decided to do all the remaining models in one go... All magnetised, all equipped with a nice plaster shield... After an afternoon and the better part of the evening this was the result! I can tell you that I am very, very happy with these guys! This is how Empire Halberdiers should look like (even without the masks and just with regular heads they look sooooooo much better than the normal troopers). Even my first unit of Halberdiers, which are also built with Greatsword bodies, doesn't come close to this one... If I should ever make a third horde, this will e the way to go (only with regular heads).
I am looking forward to using these guys in battle (yes, even with that utter piece of crap that is the 8th ed. army book). Never fielded more than 40 Halberdiers, next time (and probably every time after that) I will be fielding 80...

From this...
My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2669

To this...
My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2786
I also modified my musician a bit... At first he was armed with a sword, and even while this pose was a bit awkward it wasn't that bad... However, I somehow managed to snap of this sword (didn't even notice it happening, it just was gone and I haven't been able to find it again) and instead of replacing it, I decided to swap it with a halberd. I think he looks better this way, more in tune with the rest of the unit...

While I would love to expand this unit (more is always better, right?), I just can't... I literally used my very last halberds and Pistolier heads (I have none left of either), but that's fine by me... Fortunately, I don't have be bored, I still have 32 Pikemen that need to be finished! And then there's the painting...

Thanks for watching! More updates coming soon! Your feedback is greatly appreciated so, please, let me know what you think...
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon 6 May 2013 - 15:23

Quote :
As for the rest of the scenery, I am sorely tempted to just update my Mordheim stuff...

Ah, good. Give into temptation Grasshopper!Very Happy

The horde of halbadiers look amazing.
Back to top Go down
Theorox
Warlord
Warlord
Theorox

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue 7 May 2013 - 15:00

Aaand as always...

I hate you, Boreas. Very Happy In the most complimentary way possible!

Theo
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat 18 May 2013 - 11:53

Thanks guys!

Anyway... Updates!!!

Last week I made some pics of the battle between was1975 and his VC and my Stirlanders...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2787
Both forces arrayed for battle... My Stirlanders far outnumbered the Undead hordes, but after re-checking my army list I only was over 27 points (forgot to pay for the command options for my Free Company). It didn't feel that way as my opponent had the distinct feeling he was on the back foot for the whole of the battle... In our post-battle review we came to the conclusion that I had some terrible luck, making a lot of difficult (and important) saves and break tests while he failed a lot of the same.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2790
The Outriders get more than they bargained for as they are charged by both the Black Knights and the Crypt Horrors (I think, could be Vargheists though)... Amazingly, they survived the initial round of combat and they were soon supported by my brave (or suicidally stupid) Free Company. The Black Knights already suffered some casualties due to the shooting of the Outriders.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2791
The faster elements (Pistoliers and Captain on Pegasus) of my army try to sneak around the left flank, only to be intercepted by the Vargheists (or Crypt Horrors, can't keep the two apart) and some Wraiths with a Banshee... In the previous turn the Pistoliers survived a close encounter with a Purple Sun (well, most of them, anyway) due to some lucky dice rolls.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2793
The last shot I remembered to take... It shows the Free Company facing the Black Knights. The Undead cavalry would break through, smash through one of my Helblasters. Well, only the Vampire actually, the rest of the Knights were killed by a round of shooting from the same Helblaster, pumping out 26 shots and scoring 18 hits (talking about luck). The Vampire predictably slaughtered the crew and Engineer but his overrun move just fell short of the second Hellblaster... Ooops!

In the centre my Greatswords faced the horde of Ghouls. The Greatswords already suffered some casualties due to a Curse of Years and another magic missile but managed to hold the charging Ghouls and beat them to a bloody pulp in two rounds of combat. And what's more, I decided to take my Elector Count with me. Armed with an Enchanted Shield and his Runefang he challenged the Vampire Lord (no guts, no glory, right?). In the first round of combat neither of us rolled that well, scoring only one wound each, but in the second round my Count managed to save all three wounds (6+ armour save and 5+ ward save thanks to the Warrior Priests prayer, lucky, I know) and proceeded to cut the Vampire Lord to little pieces...

With this, we decided to call it a day... Both my Halberdier hordes were still untouched while the Undead were already pretty beat up and was1975 felt he wouldn't be able to defeat me.

Things I learned this battle:
- Mortars suck! Didn't kill anything in the entire battle!
- Helstorms suck too! Zero kills!
- The 50 points I spent on a Feedback Scroll were all worth it! If just for the look on an opponents face when you read out what the scroll actually does and you then proceed to roll enough 5+ to kill his wizard... Used it a couple of times now and it has never failed to deliver...
- I like my flying Pistoliers!
- I need more magical defence...
- I miss my Flagellants...
- I want more Halberdiers!
- I love getting the first turn...

And some more updates...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2692
A while ago I showed you this unit of Knights... I used the horses from the Pistolier/Outrider kit and the riders are from the Dogs of War range: Voland's Venators. Since then I used them a couple of times in small scale 7th ed. battles. I ended up liking them, a lot, and I was almost sorry I didn't include them in my latest battle. So I decided to prepare them for painting...

I modified their legs a bit (squished them together in the hobby vice) to fit the horses and repositioned their arms to make ranking them up easier. Furthermore, I added a mounted Warrior Priest (though the Captain will be included also) and replaced the weapon of the unit's champion...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2798

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2797
After a couple of hours of painting this is the result... Pleast note that they are still very much WIP but you should be able to see where I'm going with these. I will use them as both regular Knights and Inner Circle Knights as my lists allow it. Still working on some suitable background for the unit. I really don't want a noble or heroic Knightly Order, steeped in glorious history... These guys will be more like the original Voland's Venators, drunk, violent, greedy (the way Sigmar, in his infinite wisdom, created them)...

And a couple of shots from two fresh conversions...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2794

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2795

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2796
On the rights is a Captain I converted to go with my skull-masked Halberdiers. Nothing too fancy, just a kit-bash to create a nice looking miniature... I liked the idea of having a character equipped with a hunting spear (counting as a hand weapon). Looking at these pics I realised he needs more detail on this back so I'll probably add some pouches, a sword and maybe a pistol or a shield. I love working with plastic!

The model on the left is based on a 40K Acolyte. He's supposed to be a Pyromancer (Fire Wizard). The model itself had some details that were too much '40K' to be ignored. I removed these details (mainly any Inquisition symbols and the fuel tanks strapped to his back) and added a wooden boiler/barrel/container to his back. Removing the fuel tanks was a nasty little job, but it turned out good enough (I didn't even wound myself). The small barrel is from the Steam Tank kit and is an almost perfect fit! For any other Empire army he might look too 'techy' but for my Stirlanders I think he should be fine. Not sure about the little telescope on his headgear, but it looks nice I guess...

Thanks for looking! Your feedback is greatly appreciated, so please let me know what you think!
Back to top Go down
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSat 18 May 2013 - 13:40

The Pyromancer is absolutely stunning! Lovely conversion, indeed!

I must do one myself one day!

Joao
Back to top Go down
http://fistful-minis.blogspot.co.uk/
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun 19 May 2013 - 16:19

Have you tried fighting a Warhammer battle on your Mordheim table? Minus a lot of the buildings, of course. I remember it as having levels and canals...

Excellent conversions. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun 19 May 2013 - 17:37

Thanks for the feedback!

@ JoaoS
Thanks! I was actually inspired after seeing a painted version of the regular 40K model elsewhere on this forum...

@ Von Kurst
Thanks! Never played a full sized Fantasy battle on my Mordheim board (did once play a 1500 points 40K battle on it though) as it would be a bit on the small side... However, with a smaller number of points it should be fine. Might just try that! Thanks!

Check out the trade section for my new trade thread including A LOT of either OOP and/or classic Empire models. I am currently looking for plastic halberd tops (from the plastic State Troopers) and more Voland's Venators...
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue 21 May 2013 - 21:59

Anyway, modest update...

I have been working on a trade that will give me the bits for yet another horde of Halberdiers (thanks quizmaster)... Why? Maybe it's because I'm slightly megalomane... Maybe it's just because I like Halberdiers... Maybe it's because my opponents always struggle with Halberdiers and I would like to see what they'll do about three hordes instead of just one...

After a really, really thorough dig through my bitsbox I managed to find another three halberd tops. After finishing the horde of skull-masked Halberdiers I thought I had none left, but in an almost forgotten drawer I had some unfinished State Troopers lying around, three of which were armed with a halberd = bits!!! These three models are just an apetizer, a warm-up for the next horde... I should have all the other bits needed to finish the horde as soon as I get my hands on those halberd tops (again, thanks to quizmaster)...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2812

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2813

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2814
In my opinion there is no other way to make Halberdiers than with Greatsword bits... This will be the third horde done in a similar way with all three being slightly different. This unit will look a lot like my skull-masked Halberdiers but they won't get shields, use regular heads (a mix of Greatsword, Archer and State Trooper heads) and they will hold their halberd in both hands. I like the way these models rank up, should be nice to get the horde done in a similar way...
Back to top Go down
Vagabond
Ancient
Ancient
Vagabond

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue 21 May 2013 - 23:29

You are so skillful in converting models that I am amazed every time you post new pictures! Unbelievable!
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri 24 May 2013 - 22:04

Thanks! Updates!

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2815
So here is the whole batch of Halberds... A little bit of drilling and cutting and the halberds are ready! And what's even better, I even got more halberd tops on the way:shifty:

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2818
The two new recruits... The unit's musician and standard bearer. I had this Imperial Dwarf lying around for quite some time now, just waiting for an opportunity to include him in one of my units, making a new standard bearer seemed like the perfect excuse...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2819

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2820
The musician is a quite simple kit-bash, plastic Greatsword body, Archer head and metal arms. The horn is from one of the old command upgrade sets (6th ed?) and the right arm used to hold a crossbow (also 6th ed?). I carefully removed the crossbow and drilled all through the hand to accomodate the halberd. Even though it's a simple model, I quite like it... Must have something to do with his relaxed pose...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2816
Looking at the little hairy standard bearer, the banner looks awkwardly big, almost out of proportion... At first this bugged me a little, I even considered shortening the pole a bit, but then I realised he is a Dwarf, waving an Empire standard... It's only logical to be a bit too big for him, he's a Dwarf! If you compare him with a couple of other banners from my Stirlanders, you can see it's just the right size, it might even have been a bit taller... Normally I would have opted for a different, less standard, banner, but I hadn't used this particular type of banner yet (can't think of a reason why, since it's a nice banner).

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2821
And all the new Halberdiers together... Still a long way to go, but I like where this is going:D

More updates coming soon!
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeSun 26 May 2013 - 14:08

More updates...

I expanded my third unit of Halberdiers a bit... I added another 11 models to the unit (including a slightly converted Sergeant) to bring the total up to 16. Still a long way to go, but I have found that converting the Halberdiers get's easier once you've done a few (also, there are sets of arms that are just better fitting than others). The last ones I did were fairly quick.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2826
A few of the new guys... This is how Empire State Troops should look like! These are the men who keep The Empire safe so the guys in their pyjamas can sleep at night;)

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2822
The unit as it is now... Still need 24 more Halberdiers (or 20 and a unit filler)...

So, on to the unit's Sergeant...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2825

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2824

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2823
This model has been hiding out in my jar of paint-thinner for the last few months... I already painted him as a statue for my Mordheim scenery but I swapped him for another model when I wanted to convert another Character. After chopping off his head I put him in the jar of paint-thinner, intent on getting him out the next day... I must have forgotten all about him as I only remembered him yesterday while I was searching for a suitable model... I blame my wife for cleaning up after me... Ah well, at least he's clean:D

I carefully removed his greatsword and drilled all the way through his hand and the grip and pommel of his sword. I took special care to leave his index finger intact. The axe is a nice touch as not that many models in my Empire army are armed with axes. His head is from the Archer kit, one of the best around...

Well, what do you guys think?

I have this very tasty, special, limited edition WARHAMMER COOKIE for the first person who can tell me where I got the axe blade from...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 Cookie-that-refuses-to-crumble
I swear it's not poisoned...
Back to top Go down
Kaptain BlackSquig
Veteran
Veteran
Kaptain BlackSquig

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon 27 May 2013 - 1:11

Boreas_NL wrote:
More updates...

I expanded my third unit of Halberdiers a bit... I added another 11 models to the unit (including a slightly converted Sergeant) to bring the total up to 16. Still a long way to go, but I have found that converting the Halberdiers get's easier once you've done a few (also, there are sets of arms that are just better fitting than others). The last ones I did were fairly quick.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2826
A few of the new guys... This is how Empire State Troops should look like! These are the men who keep The Empire safe so the guys in their pyjamas can sleep at night;)

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2822
The unit as it is now... Still need 24 more Halberdiers (or 20 and a unit filler)...

So, on to the unit's Sergeant...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2825

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2824

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 DSCN2823
This model has been hiding out in my jar of paint-thinner for the last few months... I already painted him as a statue for my Mordheim scenery but I swapped him for another model when I wanted to convert another Character. After chopping off his head I put him in the jar of paint-thinner, intent on getting him out the next day... I must have forgotten all about him as I only remembered him yesterday while I was searching for a suitable model... I blame my wife for cleaning up after me... Ah well, at least he's clean:D

I carefully removed his greatsword and drilled all the way through his hand and the grip and pommel of his sword. I took special care to leave his index finger intact. The axe is a nice touch as not that many models in my Empire army are armed with axes. His head is from the Archer kit, one of the best around...

Well, what do you guys think?

I have this very tasty, special, limited edition WARHAMMER COOKIE for the first person who can tell me where I got the axe blade from...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 Cookie-that-refuses-to-crumble
I swear it's not poisoned...

The Chaos Exalted Hero (now in Finecast) The one with two axes?

Da Kaptain geek
Back to top Go down
wanna993
Captain
Captain
wanna993

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 Icon_minitimeMon 27 May 2013 - 2:07

Very creative and solid looking conversions, and with so little use of green stuff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 28 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My own little corner of Mordheim...
Page 28 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34  Next