Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

My own little corner of Mordheim...

Go down 
+130
Bolbotos
Fat Rat
qazbnm
monkeylite
Captain Ludwig of Altdorf
Lion01
Pyyr
JoaoS
wanna993
Arli
Jerry_O
theomar pius
neuh
Spectre76
Da Great MC
cobaltearthgem
thecandlelit chopshop
chaos wolf
Ser Tasnica
RobinTrevize
Vagabond
oseru
Drenengar
oldschoolgameroo
Joshua Von Wolkestadt
DrHobo
Dasgnom
LAZtheinfamous
opaque
Ordo Septenarius
5pointer
Gardamazh
Ninja Goblin
Macefist
Theorox
Krolog da Facemangolor
SerialMoM
Tintin
HarryMason
hexenjagar
Krataeros
Milliardo
FKSN
Grimscull
Narcissus
Tewfik
Speckie
Soulblight
Plague Docter
WarbossKurgan
Kapitan_Hak
death comes to all
Rudeboy
Ezekiel
superscenic
floedebolle
Skavenblight
franzyland
Mr.chair
drakkol
Nerje
Captain Bernhardt
vampirekhaine
widgren
MTD
Von Kurst
SiliconSicilian
Ashton
Kaptain BlackSquig
XIII
Judo
Pirexian
werekin
shanks
Hasselt
mweaver
CygnusMaximus
Pretaboire
MonkeyShaman
Pablo_El_Marques
crouching lictor
whisper2053
Mithras
JessicaCastro
Paluke
dalanshin
Your Mum's Warband
Goonstah
Mr_Sinister
kidbone
garathiel
frog
KRUG_666
magokiron
Paintedpain
Cavonius
Powerposey
Yitu
eternaldream
Johann Cocaine
si
Duce
perfesser
No Time
justizius
Mordheimer
Da Bank
Aldhick
SeiFeR-NL
matt
Jadex
Gobbo Freak
Popmouth
Figgy
pascal the rascal
black mantis
Kaptain Dedgob
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Ash
Pfreck
Tagnator
HornedRat
Drugart
And
Nurgle's Bratwurst Bugle
lord siwoc
DeafNala
Lanyssa Ryssyll
cianty
Boreas_NL
134 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri 9 Jul 2010 - 11:12

Quote :
Wow, I love the fountain. Very very radioactive!

What did you use to make it that color? and how did you get the fountain effects? (The stream of water flowing into the pool)

And what did you use for the sickly bubbles floating in it?

...Sorry for all the questions, I just really like that fountain!

About the statues, have you considered using larger models for statues? Large epic statues would look awesome I bet! (Of course, yours are just as amazing.)

Thanks! No problem on the questions, I will answer to the best of my ability...
For the water I used Woodland Scenics's water effect mixed with Scorpion Green (an old Citadel colour), some Devlan Mud and a bit of Thraka Green (the last two are washes). The jets from the fountain were made with small lengts of fishing wire covered with layer upon layer (upon layer) of the mixed water effect... This took a long time as the water effect takes a long time to get solid. Most of the work was done the next day with a little left-over from the mixture I made, by that time the stuff was a lot less fluid and much easier to apply.

The bullbles were made from small balls of glue (put some glue on the palm of your hand and rub it until it gets solid, then roll it into a small ball and you're done). The small balls of glue were covered with a thin layer of water effect...

Bigger statues would be nice, but are very hard (if not impossible) to come by. Sure, there are bigger models available, but they all lack a certain Empire/fantasy feel...

I hope I satisfied your curiosityMy own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_biggrin If you have any more questions, just let me know...
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jul 2010 - 17:08

Sorry for the double post, but it's update time!

Since quite some time I've been thinking about adding some kind of street lantern to the board.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 DSCN0556

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 DSCN0558
Made with a piece of balsa and some scraps of plasticard this makes a nice pole for my lanterns... I made two, just as a test. They are supposed to be separate from the board so they can be moved around, filling any small gaps in my city... I intend to make several more.

Second part of the update... A gate to go with my walls!

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 DSCN0559

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 DSCN0560

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 DSCN0561
Quite a large piece, especially for a random piece of scenery. Needles to say the gates can move My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_biggrin I still need to add some metal fences to the open spaces between the stones. In combination with some of the smaller walls I've made it can be used to create a walled estate of sorts... It can also be used separately.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, so please let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
lord siwoc
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
lord siwoc

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jul 2010 - 17:40

Stunning!!!!

Absolute win!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lordsiwoc.dk
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jul 2010 - 20:33

wicked work! how did you get the tips of the fence to be flat while on a round bar? are they seperate pieces? or is it a trick I must learn?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jul 2010 - 10:55

Quote :
Stunning!!!!

Absolute win!!!

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_biggrin My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_biggrin My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_biggrin

Quote :
wicked work! how did you get the tips of the fence to be flat while on a round bar? are they seperate pieces? or is it a trick I must learn?

Not really a trick, just an experiment which turned out ok. Check page 10 of this thread, there is a tutorial on how to make those fences... You'll be surprised to see how easy it is My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_wink

Back to top Go down
widgren
General
General
widgren

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jul 2010 - 12:24

this is insanely ambitious and cool.
love it!
Back to top Go down
http://totte.leblog.se/
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010 - 10:01

Small update...

I've managed to finish the gate, all painted and ready to go! Built on saturday and finished on sunday, not bad:)

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 DSCN0562
I'm quite happy with the result. I will post some pics of the finished gate on the board to give you a good idea of how it looks...

I also finished my gallows!

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 DSCN0563

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 DSCN0564
The lighting on both pics isn't helping, but it looks better in the flesh... I will post some extra pics of the finished gallows on the board...

Both lanters are almost finished and there's even more painting going on...

I also have a little teaser for you... In a few days this project will celebrate it's first birthday and I intend to treat you on a special update!

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 DSCN0566

Back to top Go down
lord siwoc
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
lord siwoc

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010 - 10:41

Feedback?

We hate it! You should drop the whole project!!! Never have I wasted my time more than looking at this!

Are you kidding?! It is absolutely great! I like the attention to details, like the twintailed comet on the handle of the gallows. Nice touch!

How big a city can you muster now?
Back to top Go down
http://www.lordsiwoc.dk
widgren
General
General
widgren

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010 - 12:17

its lovely! you could check out mr ciantys blog and read about how to add a little variation to shinlges by adding some different tones to it. otherwise, its great!
Back to top Go down
http://totte.leblog.se/
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jul 2010 - 17:08

Quote :
How big a city can you muster now?
Just wait a few days, I'll treat you on a nice couple of pics... My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_biggrin

Another small update...

After building those lanterns I suddenly got some more inspiration for another random bit of scenery...

Over the last few years I've collected quite a large Empire army, one that's themed towards Engineers. As a unit filler for a block of infantry I made a pigeon loft (pigeon bombs are the most lethal weapon any engineer worth his salt could want... ROOKOO: The sound of DOOOOOOM), this was about two years back, with the release of the latest Empire army book. With the release of 8th edition I figured it was time to reinvigorate my Empire army, that's when I stumbled across my old piece of work... Not quite up to my current standards, but inspirational none the less!

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 DSCN0571

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 DSCN0568
The old pigeon loft is staying where it is, so this is the new version! Made in the same style as the lanters, it also shares some recognisable details found in most buildings...

I also took a picture of the finished gate along with a few pieces of wall and a building.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 DSCN0570
When used like this, I can create the impression of a walled estate of sorts. Although it's rather large, this set-up can be used on almost any building anywhere on the board...

Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010 - 8:23

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Happy_birthday_to_you

Rejoice... This project is now one year old! Thanks for bearing with me all this time:D

I must admit I had a special update planned, but life kind of got in the way...

More updates coming soon!
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010 - 14:56

Thanks for all the great pictures and inspiration. Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jul 2010 - 15:12

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_cheers
It isn't often that one has occasion to extend birthday wishes to inanimate objects. This, HOWEVER, is one of those occasions...best wishes for the coming years. My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Fresse

ADDENDUM
: for a bit of statue inspiration, checkout this CMoN find:
http://www.coolminiornot.com/254650 . Cool, huh?! My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Fresse
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jul 2010 - 12:13

Thanks for all the great comments!

@DeafNala: That statue looks seriously cool! I knew those new counters would be good for something...

I have not been able to spend half the time I wanted on the project but I've got another special update for you nontheless...

A fully functional draw bridge! This is something that has been lurking in the back of my mind since the very start of this project and now I finally forced myself to build one...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 DSCN0600
Lowered...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 DSCN0601
Raised...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 DSCN0603
Detail on the underside of the bridge... Totally useless, but it looks cool!

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 DSCN0605
Close-up of the counterweight...

The bridge is carefully balanced so it remains raised or lowered and only moves when it's meant to do so. I am quite happy with the result and all the added details. The chains are from LEGO. It's really hard to find a suitable model chain, and when you do, most are made of metal thus a lot harder to work with. These LEGO chains may be a bit large but they are plastic, lightweigt and easy to use...

And for all the regular visitors an overview of the entire board...
My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 DSCN0607
The city is now so crammed full with statues, buildings and barricades there's absolutely no room left for more My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_biggrin (well, maybe just a few lamp posts then) Lot's of cover, lot's of character...

Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jul 2010 - 13:10

VERY IMPRESSIVE! I REALLY like the drawbridge; the fact that it works is a plus...ACTUALLY, if it opened or closed of its own accord it would add a bit of randomness to the game. The overview of the gaming board is INSPIRATIONAL. GREAT WORK! My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 544694
Back to top Go down
shanks
General
General
shanks

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jul 2010 - 14:59

Boreas_NL wrote:
Sorry for the double post, but it's update time!

Since quite some time I've been thinking about adding some kind of street lantern to the board.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 DSCN0556

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 DSCN0558
Made with a piece of balsa and some scraps of plasticard this makes a nice pole for my lanterns... I made two, just as a test. They are supposed to be separate from the board so they can be moved around, filling any small gaps in my city... I intend to make several more.

Second part of the update... A gate to go with my walls!

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 DSCN0559

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 DSCN0560

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 DSCN0561
Quite a large piece, especially for a random piece of scenery. Needles to say the gates can move My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_biggrin I still need to add some metal fences to the open spaces between the stones. In combination with some of the smaller walls I've made it can be used to create a walled estate of sorts... It can also be used separately.

i love the lamps and the gates, as you will see from my posts you have been quite a insperation, keep up the good work
Back to top Go down
shanks
General
General
shanks

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jul 2010 - 15:05

Boreas_NL wrote:
Thanks for all the great comments!

@DeafNala: That statue looks seriously cool! I knew those new counters would be good for something...

I have not been able to spend half the time I wanted on the project but I've got another special update for you nontheless...

A fully functional draw bridge! This is something that has been lurking in the back of my mind since the very start of this project and now I finally forced myself to build one...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 DSCN0600
Lowered...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 DSCN0601
Raised...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 DSCN0603
Detail on the underside of the bridge... Totally useless, but it looks cool!

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 DSCN0605
Close-up of the counterweight...

The bridge is carefully balanced so it remains raised or lowered and only moves when it's meant to do so. I am quite happy with the result and all the added details. The chains are from LEGO. It's really hard to find a suitable model chain, and when you do, most are made of metal thus a lot harder to work with. These LEGO chains may be a bit large but they are plastic, lightweigt and easy to use...

And for all the regular visitors an overview of the entire board...
My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 DSCN0607
The city is now so crammed full with statues, buildings and barricades there's absolutely no room left for more My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_biggrin (well, maybe just a few lamp posts then) Lot's of cover, lot's of character...

the bridge is fantastic (as usual) can you tell me where you got the icons from on the bridge ends and the top of the posts, thanks in advance
the pigeon loft is insane, brilliant, your attention to detail is superb, i may try a loft myself
Back to top Go down
Pfreck
Warlord
Warlord
Pfreck

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jul 2010 - 15:05

Amazing work, absolutely love the drawbridge - great attention to detail as usual!

However I have one suggestion regarding your stone work, at the moment is looks a bit flat and grey. How about adding some really thin washes of brown or green to weather it a bit and make it a bit more realistic overall? Also a good medium for weathering stones are MIG Pigments - fantastic stuff!

Looking forward to see more, it's really shaping up great!
Back to top Go down
http://pfreck.tumblr.com
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Jul 2010 - 22:43

Is it legally possible to marry skills? if so, I want to marry your moddelling skill! Very Happy

really in awe of the drawbrigde! I think you'd have to hurry it up so I can come down for a game on that wicked table! haha!

keep it up - and with that I mean, paint it up! Smile
Back to top Go down
superscenic
Captain
Captain
superscenic

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010 - 2:52

The drawbridge reminds me you live in Holland where there are real functioning waterworks. Now if only you would put some wooden shoes on your warband and add a windmill I would be rightly amused.
Back to top Go down
http://clemssuperartblog.blogspot.com/
Gobbo Freak
Elder
Elder
Gobbo Freak

Trading Reputation : 7

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010 - 11:30

superscenic wrote:
The drawbridge reminds me you live in Holland where there are real functioning waterworks. Now if only you would put some wooden shoes on your warband and add a windmill I would be rightly amused.

Give them a tulip in 1 hand and a joint in the other My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Drunken_smilie ... My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Lol
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010 - 18:02

and of course a house of slaanesh! hehe
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010 - 18:11

Love the drawbridge. Good tip about the plastic Lego chains - didn't know they made any.
Back to top Go down
shanks
General
General
shanks

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul 2010 - 23:46

have you ever considered adding a few beige/arid grass tufts amongst the buildings/roads etc, would help to break up the straight lines of the buildings, just an idea, check out my scenery to see what i mean, brilliant table though and cant wait to see it fully painted
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Aug 2010 - 15:47

LOL, let's all laugh at the Dutch guys, with their drugs, legal prostitutes, wooden shoes, tullips and windmills... My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_sad My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_sad My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_sad Yes, it's hard to be Dutch...

Quote :
the bridge is fantastic (as usual) can you tell me where you got the icons from on the bridge ends and the top of the posts, thanks in advance
the pigeon loft is insane, brilliant, your attention to detail is superb, i may try a loft myself

Thanks! The icons on top of the posts are from the Empire Knights (top half of a helmet), the ornaments on the end of the bridge are from the Empire missile launcher (Helstrum or something like that).

Quote :
ACTUALLY, if it opened or closed of its own accord it would add a bit of randomness to the game.
Great idea, I'll use that in games to come. The bridge can't be operated by the models on the board but will open or close at random (1/3 on a D6 it raises itself, 4/6 on a D6 it lowers itself).

Quote :
Is it legally possible to marry skills? if so, I want to marry your moddelling skill! My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_biggrin
Yes it is possible, just get in line and wait your turn My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_biggrin

Thanks for all the great feedback, more updates coming!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My own little corner of Mordheim...
Page 15 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 34  Next