Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

My own little corner of Mordheim...

Go down 
+130
Bolbotos
Fat Rat
qazbnm
monkeylite
Captain Ludwig of Altdorf
Lion01
Pyyr
JoaoS
wanna993
Arli
Jerry_O
theomar pius
neuh
Spectre76
Da Great MC
cobaltearthgem
thecandlelit chopshop
chaos wolf
Ser Tasnica
RobinTrevize
Vagabond
oseru
Drenengar
oldschoolgameroo
Joshua Von Wolkestadt
DrHobo
Dasgnom
LAZtheinfamous
opaque
Ordo Septenarius
5pointer
Gardamazh
Ninja Goblin
Macefist
Theorox
Krolog da Facemangolor
SerialMoM
Tintin
HarryMason
hexenjagar
Krataeros
Milliardo
FKSN
Grimscull
Narcissus
Tewfik
Speckie
Soulblight
Plague Docter
WarbossKurgan
Kapitan_Hak
death comes to all
Rudeboy
Ezekiel
superscenic
floedebolle
Skavenblight
franzyland
Mr.chair
drakkol
Nerje
Captain Bernhardt
vampirekhaine
widgren
MTD
Von Kurst
SiliconSicilian
Ashton
Kaptain BlackSquig
XIII
Judo
Pirexian
werekin
shanks
Hasselt
mweaver
CygnusMaximus
Pretaboire
MonkeyShaman
Pablo_El_Marques
crouching lictor
whisper2053
Mithras
JessicaCastro
Paluke
dalanshin
Your Mum's Warband
Goonstah
Mr_Sinister
kidbone
garathiel
frog
KRUG_666
magokiron
Paintedpain
Cavonius
Powerposey
Yitu
eternaldream
Johann Cocaine
si
Duce
perfesser
No Time
justizius
Mordheimer
Da Bank
Aldhick
SeiFeR-NL
matt
Jadex
Gobbo Freak
Popmouth
Figgy
pascal the rascal
black mantis
Kaptain Dedgob
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Ash
Pfreck
Tagnator
HornedRat
Drugart
And
Nurgle's Bratwurst Bugle
lord siwoc
DeafNala
Lanyssa Ryssyll
cianty
Boreas_NL
134 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Vagabond
Ancient
Ancient
Vagabond

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Feb 2013 - 20:02

I love the tree a lot! Wish I have something like that!
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Feb 2013 - 22:53

Wow, that tree rocks! Its realy a gaint of a tree, cant wait to see it painted. What would i give for playing a game in those dungeons of yours........, thumbs up senor!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
Captain Bernhardt
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Captain Bernhardt

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed 27 Feb 2013 - 23:36

damn I love the grim route you're going in with your tree, skellies and death masks!
keep on going!
Back to top Go down
wanna993
Captain
Captain
wanna993

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat 9 Mar 2013 - 11:23

Damn your conversions look real nice. And I love skellies. I dig the ones with the undead helmets.
And your tree. Wow it's so big too.
Impressive work and I've only seen 3 pages of it!
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013 - 17:15

Proper update!

As I said in my previous post, I have been working on the Standard Bearer for my Cursed Company.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2725
Since Forge World released this Wight BSB I have been looking for an excuse to add him to my collection (and when not wanting to start a VC army that can be tricky). I only did very limited conversion work on this model. I only remodelled the surface of the banner as I am not a huge fan of molded banners... Still need to think of something to do with his helmet...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2726
A closer look at the banner...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2727
The whole Cursed Company... I now have 30 Skeletons (the maximum starting size of the unit). The Skeletons still need their shields and the musician still needs his arms (working on those).

I also put together another Warrior Piest...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2722

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2724

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2723
I built this model to match my skull-masked Halberdiers... He could be a Warrior Priest of Morr (or, with a little imagination, a Sigmarite Warrior Priest or Wizard).

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2721
Don't mind the photobombing Halberdier;)

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2720
And a couple of shots with the Priest in the unit...

Ever since our journey back to the 7th Ed. we have built our armies in a different manner... I always was a big fan of the old Chaos rule where every Character should bring his own retinue of troops (worth at least as much as himself). So, FBI and me are designing our armies around our Characters. And since we decided to play only for fun, unofficial army books came into view (as well as Regiments of Renown and regular Dogs of War). There is a quite cool book about Knightly orders of The Empire and my Halberdiers will be used as Knights of Morr on foot. These guys are clad in obsidian plate, giving them a 3+ armour save... Nice, right? In regular games they will just be standard Halberdiers (but still looking bad-ass).

Thanks for watching! Your feedback is greatly appreciated so, please, let me know what you think...
Back to top Go down
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Mar 2013 - 20:23

Amazing! The latest additions are my favourite ones so far. Smile

Joao
Back to top Go down
http://fistful-minis.blogspot.co.uk/
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013 - 6:04

The Lads are coming along VERY nicely! Splendid conversion work. Can't wait to see these guys painted up. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetonezone.net
Soulblight
General
General
Soulblight

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013 - 16:24

Man, i really want to crawl into your mind and pick and choose all the sweet ideas you got flooting around!
And if you dont show an teaser for one of those Morr-knights of yours ill.... ill... ill do the monthy python fishdance with you as a reciever!! Grrrr!!

Amazing job with these undead! Ill be starting an Undead army and im gonna take a close look on what you have done here when gathering inspiration!
Back to top Go down
Pyyr
Captain
Captain
Pyyr

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Mar 2013 - 22:32

Shocked wow!

Awesome warrior priest and Cursed company unit!

Priest's hooded head which miniature is from?
Back to top Go down
Lion01
Knight
Knight
Lion01

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Mar 2013 - 19:05

Really excellent work, Boreas! I think the tree is simply awesome, you should present it to GW so they can make an official multi-part plastic scenery kit of it! I would buy it immediately if it came out, no matter the price!
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2013 - 20:22

Thanks for the feedback!

Well, it has been a while since the latest update... Work has kept me busy, also in the evenings. However, I have managed to squeeze in a few hours of painting over the last couple of weeks so at least I have something to show you! Since we returned to 7th edition I have played a couple of great games (a lot better than I did over the last year) and my love for The Empire has slowly returned... I have a full update to show you! Unfortunately, it's also filled with crappy pics... I do need to sort out my lighting conditions...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2730
I finished the first of my flying Pistoliers (apologies for the blurry pic)... He was real fun to paint so I continued with the rest of the unit as soon as he was finished!

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2728
Here's the full unit, stil WIP but getting there... The wings are finished, as are most parts of the models. All that needs doing is detailing (pouches, swords etc.) and a wash of Devlan Mud...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2734
I also finished the regimental mascot for my Halberdiers... Furthermore, I painted two regular troopers, bringing the total on 16 models (of the 40 that are in the unit)... Still a long way to go. After looking at the pic, I must say he looks better up close.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2740
Two finished Militia... Both the Halfling and the Musician were very fun models to paint! The Halfling is positively microbic!

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2738

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2739
A new Captain... A failry simple kit-bash using mostly plastic components... The lion-shaped shoulder pads might be a bit much for a simple Empire Captain, but I think he looks pretty nice... While most of my Captains look quite relaxed, they lack a certain butchness, something this model certainly has (thanks to those broad shouldes). I can clearly picture him as a Juidicial Champion. "Beheading? Here in Stirland we just crush their skulls, kills them just as easily..." I don't know in what unit I will put him as he was put together on a whim.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2742
A group shot with all my painted Characters (minus a few I forgot to get for this pic)... This should be about half of the number of Characters in my army. You might notice a definite lack of Wizards...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2736
A new Standard Bearer... Based on the new plastic Captain (the one fencing with a greatsword). While that model is very nice I never was a fan of it's pose (even though it's technically correct and quite impressive, too). After seeing a similar conversion here on the forum (it was a while ago, can't remember by whom it was made, feel free to correct me) the idea was born to copy it. As I already have a BSB and no fresh units to put him in he will have to be put into an existing unit. I will have to make a choice between these two regiments:

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2743
My Pikemen...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2745
My Free Company...

Both of these units already have a Standard Bearer but these models can be converted for other use... Which would you guys prefer? I am leaning towards the Pikemen, partly because the Standard Bearer for the Free Company is already painted, but mainly because the new model looks better amonst the Pikemen...

Thanks for watching! Your feedback is greatly appreciated so, please, let me know what you think...
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Mar 2013 - 20:31

I don't want to know what you could do with one week of holiday, if this is what you do in between. I would also put the new standard bearer into the pikemen, for the reasons you mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Spectre76
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Spectre76

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Apr 2013 - 17:59

VERY nicely done on the conversions and paintwork! You've got a real talent for posing your heroes for good effect. Keep the pics coming!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thetonezone.net
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Apr 2013 - 18:26

Thanks for the feedback!

Another small update...

I have built another Engineer...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2748

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2749

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2750

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2751
Armed with a Hochland Longrifle and a notebook to record his kills... This model was a fairly simple kit-bash with only minor sculpting and cutting involved. The idea for this model has bee around for some time but somehow I haven't gotten around to it...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2747
All my Engineers (minus the three models included in Artillery pieces, bringing the total to 15)... Do you think this is enough? Apologies for the crappy pic...

Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Apr 2013 - 19:30

Oh, great minis here! And even a painted version of one of my fav halfling models, the little one with the kettle on, love it! Every time anew i am surprised how nicely your " clean " copplestoe bases fit the minis, and the greenstuffwork on those banners is great, nice movement in the skeleton one!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Apr 2013 - 19:46

floedebolle wrote:
Oh, great minis here! And even a painted version of one of my fav halfling models, the little one with the kettle on, love it! Every time anew i am surprised how nicely your " clean " copplestoe bases fit the minis, and the greenstuffwork on those banners is great, nice movement in the skeleton one!

i totally agree, Your conversions are awesome. I also love yor new engineers.
Back to top Go down
Soulblight
General
General
Soulblight

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Apr 2013 - 10:37

Im in awe! This is glorious and i would love to see them in person! That pigeon nest is one of the figures i love the most! Its looks so harmless!

Allround, very nice done!
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Apr 2013 - 21:10

Small update!

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2708
A couple of weeks ago I showed you this converted character, based on the LE BSB model...

I finished painting him and I can now show you the painted Captain, together with the other two models that were based on the very same model...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2754
Three models: same model as starting point but very different final versions...

And a pic to show you my new standard bearer and the model he is going to replace...
My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2737

Back to top Go down
Soulblight
General
General
Soulblight

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Apr 2013 - 11:00

I love how armored your new general is! Looks like a great guy to stand behind in the middle of a battle!
And your new standard bearer is great! Gonna look into that model after seeing your fantastic conversion!
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun 7 Apr 2013 - 19:43

Update!!!

I have finished my flying Pistoliers...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2758

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2759

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2756

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2757

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2755
Close formation flying... All finished! Well, almost, as I still need to trim the bases and paint their stands... Quite happy with how they turned out! Units like these tend to find their way onto my army lists, even though they are not always practical (depending on opponent and further army selection)... I don't care, I like em!

I still have three of these models awaiting construction but I need two more for another full unit... If you have any lying about with which you are willing to part (not for free, obviously) I would be very interested in taking them off your hands... Just hit me with a PM...

With the completion of these Pistoliers I have finished more Special units than Core units... Something that I must remedy as soon as possible. More Halberdiers (sigh)...

Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun 7 Apr 2013 - 22:40

Excellent! cheers
Back to top Go down
Soulblight
General
General
Soulblight

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Apr 2013 - 8:23

Most wonderful!
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Apr 2013 - 14:24

Thanks for the feedback!

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 Hammer_time07
(STOP! HAMMERTIME!!!)

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2761
Here the new model can be seen flanked by two metal Warrior Priests (one from 6th ed. and the other from late 7th ed.)... Clearly, he is almost a head taller than both of them...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2762
When compared to the newer, 8th ed. plastic Warrior Priest the difference isn't as striking, but still, he's a giant!

And a couple of shots from different angles...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2764

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2763

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2765
Stunning detail! The chainmail actually looks like chained mail instead of tiny holes made by sticking a pin into some modelling putty... Absolutely love the fact that his hammers aren't identical. The only adaptation that I made was swapping his bare feet with some sturdy, steel-toed boots. If I could manage it I would also like to give him a happier face, now that he has shoes and all, there's absolutely no reason to look so damn grim all the time...

And to stay on subject (Hammertime)...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2738
A couple of weeks ago I showed you this mini... Even though I considered him finished I wasn't completely happy with his hammer. Even after priming him it kept nagging me, especially the lack of detail on the handle...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2767

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 DSCN2766
So I replaced my scratch-built hammer with a more detailed one (Ghal Maraz from KF)... I decided to replace the head as it seemed a bit too iconic for a mere Captain. I also decided to keep the sash to help give the model a bit more colour...

Thanks for watching! More updates coming soon! As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated, so please let me know what you think...
Back to top Go down
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Apr 2013 - 14:47

The FW priest looks amazing, but alas, I'm not going to any events, so paying £25 (the current price on eBay) is completely out of the question.

Glad you had him joining your collection, though. Smile

Joao
Back to top Go down
http://fistful-minis.blogspot.co.uk/
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Apr 2013 - 15:56

Ah the tall priest is from Forge World? I was wondering who made it.

Very cool stuff as always. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My own little corner of Mordheim...
Page 27 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30 ... 34  Next