Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Dwarf band : The Dümhammers

Go down 
+2
DeafNala
Skaz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Skaz
Youngblood
Youngblood
Skaz

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Dwarf band : The Dümhammers Empty
PostSubject: Dwarf band : The Dümhammers   Dwarf band : The Dümhammers Icon_minitimeWed 9 Sep 2015 - 14:47

Hi there!

So here we go, my first band will be the Dwarves, as they are my all time favourite, no matter what. I'll make a topic about the band fluff and composition latter, first the figs!

I love making conversions, and I've tried to make as much as I can. I've used a lot of different dwarven parts, from the old plastic kit and the new, and used pieces from empire mercenaries as well. I tried my hand at sculpting, but apart from backpacks and small pouches, as well as fur, and occasional arm and shorten beards, I wasn't too adventurous.

There is 15 henchmen, for the simple reason that I want flexibility as the band will develop, so I made 5 beardlings, 5 marksmen and 5 warriors. I have made a conversion for my band leader, Korgan, with lots of pieces from various figs. He wield a gromrill hammer as a starting weapon, which can sound odd game wise, but it's the band symbol and fluff centric element. Show some pics already !

Dwarf band : The Dümhammers Lead_by_skazdal-d98y96e
Korgan himself, only finished fig of the band.

Dwarf band : The Dümhammers Chara_by_skazdal-d98y96k
The heroes, I converted the last slayer to carry tow hammers. The engineer has a small boar on his helmet because I'd like to make him a tamer, and use tamed boars as war hounds. You cant see it but the classic slayer has a mushroom on his belt, he will use them as often as possible (and eventually become stupid...).

Dwarf band : The Dümhammers Beardlings_by_skazdal-d98y96r
The beardlings. You will notice considerable shorten beards. As well as fully removable arms, which are magnetized. The whole band gear is magnetized actually! Fully customizable.

Dwarf band : The Dümhammers Warr_by_skazdal-d98y96v
The warriors. They are mainly made out of the most recent kit. Their arms are also removable, you can see here is a variety of possible equipment.

Dwarf band : The Dümhammers Marks_by_skazdal-d98y966
My shooters. They can be equipped with crossbows or rifles, depending on my mood (and the band's purse!). I haven't represented their hand to hand weapon, do you consider it as really important?

Dwarf band : The Dümhammers Stuff_by_skazdal-d98y95q
And finally a view of all the current gear, all hand to hand weapons can be swapped from every figs. You might have noticed that the left arms have some greentuf on the fist, it's because the fist is magnetized as well! Every left arm can receive a shield. Shields are varied so the beardling really look like loners, buying what they can with what they have, warriors on the other hand will look more "pro" with less clutter on their backs.

That's all for now! My modelling is nearly over, I'll go to the painting phase soon. Comments, question or criticism welcome!

Skaz
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf band : The Dümhammers   Dwarf band : The Dümhammers Icon_minitimeWed 9 Sep 2015 - 16:38

LOOKIN' GOOD! That is a SPLENDID array of Vertically Challenged Warriors; the potential for UBERCOOL is there. Your Green Stuff work is much more IMPRESSIVE than you would have us believe; the back packs, pouches, & bags are particularly nice & a source of envy for moi. AND you have a flair for colors. GREAT WORK!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf band : The Dümhammers   Dwarf band : The Dümhammers Icon_minitimeWed 9 Sep 2015 - 20:29

ohh, great stuff, nice kit bashing here, and looks like you are quite familar with a substance called greenstuff, he?!Wink

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf band : The Dümhammers   Dwarf band : The Dümhammers Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2015 - 13:31

Great work so far mate. The magnets are a great idea.
Back to top Go down
Unwanted
Warlord
Warlord
Unwanted

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf band : The Dümhammers   Dwarf band : The Dümhammers Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2015 - 18:11

Looking forward to more of these, Beardlings are looking particularly nice!
Back to top Go down
Skaz
Youngblood
Youngblood
Skaz

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf band : The Dümhammers   Dwarf band : The Dümhammers Icon_minitimeSun 13 Sep 2015 - 1:43

Thanks a lot! I'm painting the Mordheim slayer, I'm quite happy with the result so far, I tried to give some volume to the muscles and, I'm not going to win a golden demon, but for tabletop it will be good enough. Photos soon!
Back to top Go down
christian
General
General
christian

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf band : The Dümhammers   Dwarf band : The Dümhammers Icon_minitimeSun 13 Sep 2015 - 21:53

Good work with the backpacks and gear! thats exactly what I started with when first trying out GS, backpacks!Smile
Back to top Go down
Skaz
Youngblood
Youngblood
Skaz

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf band : The Dümhammers   Dwarf band : The Dümhammers Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2015 - 23:18

Finally finished (97%) the slayer! There's still a few thing to address that will be quite obvious, but I'll move on and go back to it later. I'm really happy with the overall look, the feeling from a tabletop distance. Not Golden Demon material, but quite happy. Note the only addition to this piece : the madcap shrooms!

Dwarf band : The Dümhammers Slayer_02_by_skazdal-d99toug

Now, to the engineer!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf band : The Dümhammers   Dwarf band : The Dümhammers Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2015 - 23:29

The Little Psycho looks OUTSTANDING, far better than the vast majority of gaming miniatures. Your brushwork, colors, & base are BEAUTIFUL. VERY WELL DONE!   thumbsup

I always notice mushrooms...VERY COOL detail.   What a Face
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf band : The Dümhammers   Dwarf band : The Dümhammers Icon_minitimeThu 17 Sep 2015 - 1:15

Very nice work on the little nutcase.
Back to top Go down
Skaz
Youngblood
Youngblood
Skaz

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf band : The Dümhammers   Dwarf band : The Dümhammers Icon_minitimeThu 17 Sep 2015 - 19:17

Thanks! that's my first painting a while, but I tried some techniques and was happy about the result. Probably my best piece so far, but let's hope not as good as the next one!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf band : The Dümhammers   Dwarf band : The Dümhammers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dwarf band : The Dümhammers
Page 1 of 1