Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

The Empire of Wolves

Go down 
+6
SerialMoM
Harganok
Pervavita
DeafNala
playtable
Von Kurst
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

The Empire of Wolves Empty
PostSubject: The Empire of Wolves   The Empire of Wolves Icon_minitimeSat 27 Oct 2012 - 22:21

The Empire of Wolves--Week 1

Darkness falls early as wind howls through the trees, dead leaves rustle and skeletal branches rattle in the wind. In the distance the rumble of thunder heralds a storm. 'Tis the season of the witch...
Thursday, October 18th marked the start of a new campaign. In honor of the season, we started with a few appropriately themed scenarios instead of rolling on scenario tables...

The Ancient Battlefield--The Wilds (Campaign Location)

Midnight At the Mausoleum* adapted by werekin--Settled Lands

Investigate the Chapel--Forest

Haunted Gold* written by StyrofoamKing--Settled Lands

Tomb Raid--Underground

*multi-player scenarios

The cast:
Bob--Night Goblins (Pathfinder Dubstyles' version I think)
Chadwicc--Da Mob
Harganok--Possessed
Myth--Protectorated of Sigmar (Sylvania)
Nick--Dwarf Treasure Hunters
playtable--Witch Hunters
Robperk--Skaven Clan Eshin
Smalls--Lahmian Vampires (Khemri)
Tj--Champions of Chaos (no idea where this is from)
Von Kurst--Halflings (Mordheimer)

The Righteous Brothers had traveled to the site of an ancient victory over the forces of evil. Naturally the Brothers had heard all of the legends of the ancient treasures buried with the victorious heroes, but they had come to pay homage to the fallen, not to seek earthly gain. They had camped near the southern boundry of the field intent on visiting the shrine to Sigmar in the morning. However there was no rest for the weary.

The night was riven with the sounds of ungodly chanting, howls and the sounds of marching armies. Eerie lights touched the tops of monuments and barrows and shapes could be seen moving in the mists...

The late Brother Helmut
The Empire of Wolves FXCD0058

Post Battle

The Champions of Chaos cut through the undead warriors to destroy the Necromancer before he coulld summon an undead horde. Interestingly the two warriors who reached the Necromancer were a chaos hound and a warhound. The chaos hound pulled the evil being to his doom.

Brother Helmut was killed early in the battle by a skeleton warrior. Both warbands found a friendly settlement to trade at.

"Help me!" gasped Eldor Brandiwick Furryfoot as the rotting human corpse started to choke the life out of him. The howling gale threw his words off into the night. No one came to his aid. As his sight dimmed Brandiwick thought it had all gone horribly wrong. His plan to advamce behind the Ogre Urrp and the scouts had failed from the first. The ogre moved too quickly for his lads to keep up. Once the comforting bulk of Urpp disappeared into the gloom, his lads had lost heart. Brandiwick had been forced to lead from the front. The weakening halfling tried to thrust his sword into his attacker's guts, but the blade would not bite. This is what comes from leading from the front, thought Brandiwick bitterly as the night closed in.

Post Battle
The Halflings lost both their cook and Urpp the Village Ogre killed by a ravening Possessed. Brandiwick survived, but he now hates all members of Possessed warbands.

The Possessed claimed what loot they could once the halflings fled, but they did not brave the Mausoleum and its fell guardian. Instead they kidnapped some poor lost children. Fortunately for other lost children someone saw the crime (all rolls of 33 now count as 11). The Possessed took shelter with a caravan of chaos worshipers and were thus able to trade as normal.
Harganok wrote:
One of my possessed was able to down an ogre after the big guy fluffed horribly, rolling 3 hits followed by 3 one's to wound. The cook (who was in the same combat) was soon to follow when he tried to run between the legs of a beastman, but wasn't quick enough. I had a mutant who went OOA but came back hardened. Another possessed spent most of the game down in an open grave trying to climb out after beating up a couple of zombies. I'm sure the crimson shade he found in a grave a couple turns earlier had almost nothing to do with him not being able to climb out Smile
Bozar the beastman kept either tripping over himself or got 'the creeps' and moved about 4" the entire game.

"Ledz get 'im ladz!" roared Fizz as he clubbed the zombie with his staff. Fizz could sense movement all around him as the ladz closed in to help. (Not that Fizz really need any help with one ded humie, no!)

Someone grabbed on to Fizz's staff. Yanked it right out of his grasp. Fizz whirled to face the fool that took his staff. His snarl of contempt turned into a slack jawed gawp. There wasn't no ladz at all! The little clearing was choked full of ded humies! All of 'em reaching for Fizz, chanting "braaaiiiinnns!"

Post Battle
The Night Goblins lost both their Boss and their Shaman to zombies. The warband starts over.

chadwicc wrote:
I lost one of my Goblin archers, but who cares about gobos? My shaman, Baz 'Ingaz, gained a skill and rolled the Ger Off spell (or whatever it's called.) I also rolled 4,4 for exploration, getting an extra exploration die next game, found a LC, replaced the dead gobo with one wielding a squig prodda (gotta keep thos squigs in line!) and hired an Orc bowman. Think I made it to 132 for my rating, 13 members. Looking forward to playing in the mountains so I can get the Doom diver and/or the Squig Hopper!

Elissa of the Red Sisterhood shook her pretty dead head. Something was wrong.

"So my pretty one," said a hollow voice in her head. "Thou wouldst steal from me, Hezekiah Scudder, wouldst thou?"

Elissa felt her body respond to another will. Before she could stop herself she had fallen upon her Beloved. The poor soul was no match for her fury. Elissa screamed an unfamiliar battle cry and attacked another of her servants. She fell upon her followers as a wolf on a flock. Before she could regain control of herself, her warband was broken.

"Touch not my gold deary..."

Post Battle
Somehow the spirit of the dead miser possessed the Lahmian vampire. The vampire broke her own warband. In the rout the Dwarfs were able to capture the fallen Beloved, whom they held for ransom. The Dwarfs won a tidy ransom and killed a white hart near the edge of the village wood lot.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
Skirmish

Rob's Skaven clashed with Myth's Protectorate of Sigmar in a simple skirmish. The hard fought battle resulted in a win for the Protectorate. The Skaven Sorcerer must miss the next game due to injury.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Ancient Battlefield Part II

The Righteous Brothers found themselves trapped in an endless night, besieged by the walking dead. Purely by chance one of the Brothers was able to dispatch the foul fiend that led the undead forces with a lucky crossbow shot. One flagellant and a warhound were killed.

The vampire Elissa survived the wound, but lost both of the evenings games. A 'Righteous' Flagellant becomes a hero.

Once again the Dwarfs let the scenario defeat their opponent. Zombies mobbed the Champions of Chaos, who reveled in the challenge. Eventually the zombies pulled the proud chaos warriors down.

TJ wrote:
"The Brute" Claudius and Drayin the Terrible are the 2 warriors that have really shined so far. Claudius is the blender of the undead that now has 2 wounds a skill and 1S.

Drayin survived against the odds and lived through 4 injury roles coming out hardened and frenzied!

Sundayheim

X Marks the Spot
The bedraggled halflings marched along the rutted lane. The cloudy sky seemed to press down upon them. The gray of the clouds blending into the barren winter landscape.

"Traveling far?"

At first the voice seemed to come from nowhere. The startled halflings clutched their weapons and peered into the winter gloom.

"Who are you?" demanded Brandiwick. "Show yourself!"

A tall, cloaked human seemed to materialize out of the very air.

"Greetings my friends," the human began. "Forgive me for startling you, but I have been waiting for most of the day for you to arrive. Hurry now we must be off, or we will be too late!"

"Too late?" asked Hervey. "Waiting for us?" growled Brandiwick. "Who?" said Brentway as he adjusted his waistcoat.

"Come my friends," said the stranger. "We must hurry. If ye tarry the Goblins may snatch the treasure from under your noses!"

"No!" said Hervey who could not bear to have Goblins best him at anything. "Who?" said Brentway who had been rubbing a tarnished buckle on his boots with a cloth. "Just a darned minute here!" said the Eldor who had noticed that the band had already started off across the field to the north although he couldn't remember leaving the track. "Treasure?" queried Guiles the Thief, who had been lurking on a scout and was quite annoyed at having missed the tall human in his peaked, red hat covered in arcane symbols.

"Yes, treasure!" said the stranger as he drew his long cloak tighter around him. "Don't dawdle Master Brentway, the treasure is not quite near and the Goblins may be nearer!"

"Hist!" hissed the stranger. He raised his left hand in warning. The stranger cried several arcane sounding words in a loud voice. Suddenly a flaming sword appeared in his right hand.

"Behold the sword Glam Ring!" cried the stranger. "The Goblins are here! See how brightly the sword burns."

"Oi! Git 'em!" cried a large goblin who appeared from behind a larger boulder. "Beat 'em! Bash 'em! Rub 'em out!" A crowd of Goblins clad in dark dirty robes, armed with short bows and rusty knives suddenly materialized out of the surrounding scrub land. Growling balls of teeth bounded toward the halflings as well.

Post Battle

Superior halfling archery saw off the goblins. Gadabout the Warlock cut one of the goblin heroes down as well. 2 squigs and the goblin with the Prodder were killed.

The treasure consisted of 10gc, a sword and a suit of light armor. Gadabout convinced the halflings that the sword was the famous blade of the sagas, Nipper.

Last edited by Von Kurst on Thu 1 Nov 2012 - 4:30; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
playtable
Ancient
Ancient
playtable

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   The Empire of Wolves Icon_minitimeSun 28 Oct 2012 - 21:00

The Righteous Brothers (Witch Hunters War)band

Introducing Capt. Von Hielmans

He has 2 wins and 2 losses. He has lost 1 hero and 3 henchmen...so far.

The Empire of Wolves FXCD0057
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   The Empire of Wolves Icon_minitimeThu 1 Nov 2012 - 5:11

The Empire of Wolves--Week 2

Nick and Rob are brand new to Mordheim, so we're scaling back a bit on the special campaign rules. Week 2 battles were mostly fought just using the rulebook scenarios and rules.
________________________________________________________________________________________
Street Fight Part I

Quote :
The Righteous Brothers Band vs Da Mob
Street Fight – night time – 12” sight – clear weather
Funny!
On Goblin’s turn one, #1goblin took offence from #2goblin behind him and fought #2 OOA with his 2 daggers. Next, the same turn, an Orc took offence for the attack of his assistant (#2goblin) and charged #1goblin. #1goblin took the Orc OOA also!
Chad later lost another member to squabbling before I even reached him.

I rushed forward with my whole crew and got in HTH before any of his short bows did much harm.
I win.
No one on my side even went OOA.

chadwicc wrote:
Vs playtable's Witch Hunter"s in Street Fight I almost did more damage to myself than the Witch Hunters inflicted...I had two Goblins posed to climb a wall, or at least try, to get a better vantage point and then one of them goes nuts, charges his partner, and takes him OOA. That same turn an Orc Boy also fails animosity, charges the crazy gobo, fails to wound it, and then gets taken OOA! The gobo is now named Da Boss, the other gobo is Goon, and the Boy is Pansy Boy.

Everyone lived, Waz a Big 'Un misses the next game, found a few GC lyin' around and hired the services of Swoop, a goblin doom diver.
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Breakthrough Part I

TJ wrote:
Game 1 vs possessed
Scenario: Break through
Defender: chaos warriors. Attack:possessed.
Winner: chaos warriors

The possessed try to give me the run around but eventually I engaged them and it became a slobber knocker. After I think a full 11 rounds of various close combats and the dreaded battle of who will fail a rout test first because neither of us wanted to give up, the possessed finally ran away.
Final model count at the end of the game all but my leader and 2 heroes were out, and he had 1 beastmen left.

I made 50 gold sadly no exploration goodies, not sure how much he made.

2 war-hounds died.
After his miraculous survival last week, Drayin the Terrible received an injury that resulted in missing 3 games, but he still lived!
My newest hero Dirk the Marauder was taken out and suffered a -1initiative injury do to being a coward.
All my other henchmen survived.

Harganok wrote:
Post game saw one possessed get robbed, the other possessed (who actually got 1 toughness after first game) got -1 toughness from a chest wound. One mutant also got -1 T. The other mutant misses next game. A beastman became a hero and 2 henchmen died. I bought another brethren so I'm at 8 guys and 107 rating.

I only got the one game in last week since the first one lasted so long. But I definitly see some early routs in my future after that beating!
________________________________________________________________________________________
Breakthough Part II

There were so many of them! Elissa of the Red Sisterhood growled in frustration. The green skinned prey were weak, but her minions were few. She had tasted the sour blood of the prey, it was barely enough to sustain her. Elissa threw the limp body aside in disgust.

"Let them pass," she ordered sullenly.

Fresh off their defeat at the hands of the Halflings, the Night Goblins were reinforced by Snotlings. The additional bodies helped the green menance to overwhelm the depleted ranks of the Lahmian warband. It is possible that some creatures died in the skirmish, but neither side cares all that much for its minions.
Skirmish

"Steady lads, here they come again. Fire!"

The ragged volley blasted defiance in the teeth of the enemy, but did little damage. The targets were obsucred by smoke and the uneven ground of hte ruined city. Bruegar Stoneface selected another cartridge from his bandolier. He quickly loaded the finely crafted handgun as the chittering horde of greasy furred mutants closed on the patrol of dwarfs.

"Fire at will!"

Post Battle
The Dwarfs fought to nearly the last man standing before the skaven broke. The Dwarf noble takes a chest wound.

Skaven casualties are not recorded.
Occupy

chadwicc wrote:
Vs Chris's Undead in Occupy I quickly swarm into the center and occupy all 3 buildings. Baz Ingaz summons the green glowing club but then cowers in fear as the Vampire enters one of the buildings and proceeds to knock out every enemy in it's path. I can't hurt the thing at all... Outside my squigs make a valiant effort but one by one they also fall. Turn eight starts and I know I can't possibly hold the buildings through my turn and then Chris' so I decide to route. Swoop was by far the most worthless git the whole game. In seven turns he only moved twice. The rest of the time he was either on his back or to concerned with yelling at everyone else to join in the fight.

Boss Beg 'Ead Masha takes a chest wound, Big 'Un Kuffa dies but is replaced, everyone else survives and regroups. I find nothing of value.
Skirmish Part II

TJ wrote:
Game 2 vs vampires
Scenario:skirmish
Winner: chaos warriors.
Again Chris and I play a 20 minute game.

We met in an alley between some buildings and a graveyard and slug it out.
Chris takes out one of my new war-hounds and my forsaken and I take out 4 of his models before he chooses to leave the pointless battle against his chaotic allies.

I made 69 gold from exploration(rolled triple 3's with my whopping 6 dice!)
And sold 5 shards.
Idk what chris got
I spent all my rare rolls trying to find a chaos steed and got it on the last try

A war-hound died so i bought my 3rd one for the night
Street Fight Part II

playtable wrote:
The Righteous Brothers Band vs Bob’s goblins
Street fight – day time – clear weather
Close to the same kind of fight with lots of ganging up on each other in the middle, since I only had 2 crossbows to shoot with.
Later, with Bob lamenting that he stayed when he should have routed, and me with 4 or 5 OOA, including 2 heroes, I failed my 2nd route test.
Bob wins.
Flagellant Craig died.

The Witch Hunters’ Righteous Brothers (War)Band is now
(with 1 dead hero and 3 dead henchmen after 4 games),
at 2 wins, 2 losses, 12 members (including 3 dogs) and a warband rating of 161. Witch hunter, “Red” MacDougle, has to miss the next 2 games while he recovers from his wounds. Warrior Priest, Father Geoff Peterson now has T4, 3 wounds, and i4. Wow.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   The Empire of Wolves Icon_minitimeSun 4 Nov 2012 - 15:22

Sundayheim II

An Interlude at the Right Bustard Inn

Brandiwick was keeping time to the music with his tankard. The ale could be improved, but there was plenty and the dumplings
were quite passable. Brandiwick giggled and elbowed Hervey. "Get it? Passable!"

"Landloarsh!" shouted Hervey. "Another roun' for me and my frens!"

Suddenly a slim hand covered Brandiwick's tankard. "You should have a care, Comrade Furrytoe," said a deep but pleasant female
voice. "There are many eyes and not all of them are friend."

"Thash Furryfoot," corrected Brandiwick as he gazed into startling green eyes. Brandiwick took in the rest of her. All covered in
greens and browns, her hair hidden by a rough hood, the girl looked like an outlaw! Still she was female and not impossibly tall.
"Are you my fren'?"

"Da Comerade," said the woman. She deftly deflected the Eldor's hands. "It is not safe here in the Public Room. You are followed!"

"Folllowed!" squeaked Hervey. Hervey hated being followed. Brandiwick was thinking about finding a more private room. "Wha?" he said.
"Who?"

The woman gently touched the Eldor's eyelids with her fingertips. "Now look around slowly," she said.

Brandiwick wondered if the woman was a witch. Her touch was centainly enchanting! The besotted halfling swiveld his head slowly about.
There! Hiding in that barmaid's skirt Brandiwick saw a small greenskinned imp. It squealed and scampered off when it saw Brandiwick
looking. The maid shrieked and dropped her tray. "Spy!" shouted Hervey. He tried to pursue the imp, but became tangled in the legs
of the stool he was sitting on. Crash! Hervey knocked the table over.

"Quickly! This way," ordered the woman. She ushered the befuddled halflings through a low arch into another chamber as the
Public Room disolved into chaos. Inside the smaller chamber Gadabout was seated at a low table. He had a large pitcher of ale
and the correct number of tankards prepared. "I thought you would be descrete," the warlock muttered. "Hurry my friends! We have
much to discuss, but the Enemy knows of us now. There is not a moment to lose!"

"The Enemy?" "Wha?" "Who?" "I say, this ale is rather good!" The Halflings all spoke at once.

"You have met my associate, Miss Ana Gornivich?" continued Gadabout.

"Charmed." "A pleasure." "Who?" "Have you tried the ale dear?"

"Miss Gornivich is currently employed as a Ranger," Gadabout said over the din. "She has agreed to guide you through the Wilds,
the Great Forest and the Mountains beyond."

"A toast!" "Wha?" "Why don't we just go home?" "The Enemy?"

Skirmish

Despite Ana's best efforts, goblins attacked the party. Lots of goblins! There was something wrong with the recent shipment of arrows.
Only Ana's did any damage, and the Snotling got better anyway. Brentway suffered Horible Scars and 'Sharp-Eye' Twiddle Toes was killled.

None of the goblins was hurt and the Snotling got better.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   The Empire of Wolves Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov 2012 - 3:45

Empire of Wolves--Week 3

Hidden Treasure Part I
Harganok wrote:
First game I played Chad's mob in a hunt for the treasure chest. It was located in the last building to be searched. We fought a small battle there and I ended up
losing a beastman (died) and a beastman hero (captured and ransomed back) before routing in the face of the green tide that was coming next turn. Since I was an underdog,
everyone got extra experience. .
Chance Encounter

The dwarf treasure hunters fought to the last man (dwarf) to win versus the Protectorate of Sigmar. The dwarf noble takes a deep wound
for his trouble.

Myth wrote:
Against Nick my Acolyte Baltar gained Stupidity and Proximo, my marksman Templar, suffered a hand injury!
Breakthrough Part I

TJ wrote:
Chris Small (Lahmians) ripped me a new one, taking out every henchmen, killing a brand new marauder.
I made some money, but failed to find anything.
Hired another marauder.
Defend the Find Part I
playtable wrote:

Witch Hunters defend against Goblins, lot of ‘em.
(50 difference in warband rating, not 51 mind you, just 50)
Witch Hunter, “Red” MacDougle must miss 2 games due to injuries last week.
Weather –howling gale, -1 to shooting, -1 to Initiative tests for climbing, etc.

Choosing the side I have the least amount of cover against…
Attacker:
goes first, nothing of note except heavy fire on Wilde Oscar - up high with a crossbow, and no cover, and no ladder, and no rope & hook (and -1 I to climb down). Uggh.
Defender:
set 3 wardogs to take the fall out in front.
With 3 bows, 3 crossbows, and general poor BS all round not much gets shot except a squig on the 1st or 2nd turn.

Gobbos shoot Wilde Oscar and a henchman OOA, and with 2 or 3 dogs also OOA from HTH Witch Hunter route.

Post Battle:
Wilde Oscar dies, 1 wardog dies. I make enough money to buy them both back, only.
Occupy

Harganok wrote:
Against John's Protectorate, the possessed managed to win the occupy scenario 2-1 with one building contested at the end by my flying wizard. I lost one bretheren (who died, again!) from a holy crossbow bolt to the face (I think) and a hero went out but made a full recovery. I think I took out a couple of Johns henchman, a dog, and maybe a hero. Props go to my surviving brethren who miraculously creamed a henchman with 6's on daggers on the charge, and Nard the mutant who took out one of Johns heroes contesting a building near the end game.
playtable wrote:
Witch Hunters try to Breakthrough the Dwarfs (Nick).
“Red” MacDougle is still out recovering.
Defenders, 5 Dwarfs with handguns are up high, 2 slayers below.
Slayers are awesome!!!
Shooting is lack-luster but every slayer charge takes someone OOA.
Witch Hunters have 2 heroes ready to be at the board edge for a win and roll 11 for route test. Dwarfs win.

Post battle:
Even with 6 or 7 OOA (Drarfs none) only one wardog dies.
Exploring I find prisoners and get a free henchman.

Righteous Brothers band:
6 games – 4 losses
2 heroes dead, 5 henchmen dead. Rating 181 with 12 members
Hidden Treasure Part II

TJ wrote:
Myth preceded to find treasure in the very first spot he looked and then fled the battlefield like a coward.
Made more money failed to find anything again. Got a few upgrades. No one was even injured on either side;) as combat was avoided.
Skirmish

TJ wrote:
Played chad.
I don't know what i killed, but he took out a dog and a marauder and a forsaken. The dog died.
I replaced it. A marauder became a hero. I made more money, yay money.
I also found a sword 3 suits of heavy armor. Bought a lucky charm another suit of heavy armor 4 shields and 4 helmets. All my warriors and my forsaken are not heavily armored.

Da Mob suffers heavy losses. Baz Ingaz the shaman is killed along with an orc and the goblin with the squig prodder,
The other battle of the evening was the Lahmian taking on the Night Goblin horde. The Night Goblins report a victory.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   The Empire of Wolves Icon_minitimeTue 6 Nov 2012 - 12:50

COOL STUFF...especially the GLORIOUS Goblin Victory. WELL DONE! thumbsup
Capt. Von Hielmans & Bro. Helmut (despite being dead) look GREAT...FINE brushwork. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   The Empire of Wolves Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012 - 0:53

Stupid goblins. Evil or Very Mad
The Further Adventures of Hervey Furry Toes

Episode 3 or Perhaps 4--Defend the Find
"Now you are sure that Herr Krieger told you to retrieve his treasures?" asked Brandiwick for the third time. The large house had been in ruins when the Halflings had arrived, but they had knocked down several walls, ripped a hole in the floor and dug up the garden since. All at the instruction of Gadabout the Warlock, the aged human had a seemingly inexhaustable store of knowledge about hidden treasures.

"Of course Master Furryfoot," sighed the put upon Warlock. "Herr Krieger was most concerned that the Star of Osltand not fall into the wrong hands." The Warlock held up a tarnished ring set with a cheap looking stone. "He would want you to guard it personally." Gadabout handed the ring to the Eldor with great reverance.

"I shall guard it with my life," said Brandiwick, although in truth he could see no reason anyone would threaten him over the trifle.

"But you must not wear it upon your finger!" cautioned the Warlock. "The Power of the Ring is not for the likes of us to meddle with! Wear it upon this chain, around your neck. But never, on your life, put it on your finger!"

"Oh I shant," promised Brandiwick. He wondered if the ring would even fit...

"Yes, yes," said the Warlock as he bundled the latest cache of plate and silver into a large bag. There were several such bags and chests stacked in the center of the ruin of the Great Hall.

"Krieger, you said the name was?" asked Guiles. He was looking at the ornated 'H' carved above the mantle.

Gadabout noticed the direction of Guiles' gaze. "The family name was, um, originally, ah, Heydenriech, I believe. Humph! Yes. Quite distinguished."

"Quiet!" hissed Ana Gornavich from her perch on the floor above. "Someone is out there!"

The halflings rushed to the windows to see. There was nothing. Nothing except the sound of chittering and squeaking coming from that dark alley to the southeast. Glam Ring appeared in Gadabout's right hand. Its flame burned blue.

"Prepare to defend the ruin!" the Warlock ordered. "Servants of the Rat Devil come to harm us."

"The Rat Devil?" "Is the Rat Devil the Enemy?" "Will there be tea?" "Who?" The halflings all spoke at once as they rushed toward the rickety remains of the grand staircase. Soon grim, chubby faces peered over the blackened walls. Each of the seven remaining halflings had an arrow notched in his bow and was ready to use it, Rat Devil or no.

Post Battle

Rob had 17 skaven! (There were 17 Night Goblins before that! 17!) The dastardly skaven kept to cover, but 4 were shot down before they overran Clan Furryfoote. 2 verminkin died. All of the Furryfoote casualties recovered. Both war bands gained quite a bit of loot. The Halflings rescued a scout from a dungeon cell and were able to recruit another village Ogre.
Sundayheim III

Episode 5--Breakthrough
The ruin had been a warehouse. Hervey had expected to dig some holes in it, perhaps knock down the odd standing wall, but thus far all they had done was climb to the top of the rickety struckture and look out upon the ruined city.

"What are we looking for?" asked Hervey.

"When is tea?" asked Brentway, which was to everyone's mind a more relevant question.

"Silence!" growled the Warlock. "We must wait here, this I feel in my bones. Something important will happen here."

"Will it be something good?" asked Hervey. He rather hoped so, because if it was something bad, he would rather wait somewhere else; far away by a fire, for example, perhaps with tea and biscuits.

"What is that?" asked Curly Half Toe, the head scout. He was pointing at a large biped with a horned head. The thing was standing in the remains of a market square a few hundred yards away. The thing was POINTING at the building that sheltered the halflings.

"It looks like one of them things from the graveyard," said Guiles in a whisper. "One of them things what did for Old Cook." All of the halflings, including New Cook, doffed their hats in Old Cook's memory.

"That's it!" cried Gadabout. "The Dark One is leading his coven to the west. They must pass this building to reach the main gate. We must prevent him from reaching the gate!"

"What?" "Whatever for?" Before tea?" "Us?" The halflings all spoke at once as usual.

"Yes we must!" said Eldor Brandiwick. The older halflings eyes flashed with anger. "That lot of daemons and mutants and such did for Old Cook and Urrrp! The Furryfoote Clan will not stand aside for Cook-murderers!"

Post Battle
Hervey killed his Man, a disgusting Brethern, who failed to hide quite well enough. The Possessed easily evaded the halflings by hiding and the judicious use of flight. The Dark One was knocked down a few times and one of the Twisted Sisters was wounded by Brandiwick (who needed a '6'), but in the main there was too much cover and not enough Trickshooters.

The Possessed loot a graveyard (so like them!) The Halflings liberate another scout from yet another dungeon. Hervey gains the skill Weapons Master and procures a blunderbuss to shoot at crowds.

Last edited by Von Kurst on Sun 11 Nov 2012 - 3:20; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   The Empire of Wolves Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2012 - 2:14

An Epic Tale: an hopelessly outnumbered but stalwart band of Vertically Challenged Gluttons bravely defending an unknown item of dubious worth against a veritable horde of Craven Flea Infested Rabid Rat Guys...the stuff of Legends (Looney Tunes Legends). Shocked
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   The Empire of Wolves Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2012 - 17:07

Love reading these tails.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   The Empire of Wolves Icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2012 - 5:39

I'm having a good time with the Furryfootes.
Week 4--More Adventures in the Ruins

A Skirmish in a Blizzard
Rob's Skaven versus Bob's Night Goblins
Photos by playtable

No shooting or running in the blizzard, everything is up close and personal.
The Empire of Wolves SkavenGoblin01

The Empire of Wolves SkavenGoblin02

Snotlings are sacrificed first.
The Empire of Wolves SkavenGoblin03
Skirmish

TJ wrote:
Played chad first in a skirmish.
1 of my dogs died. He only took out my forsaken and my other dog. I don't know what of his died. Not sure what my exploration was but it wasnt that great

The Empire of Wolves ChaosOrc01

The Empire of Wolves ChaosOrc02

Boss Beg 'Ead Masha takes a second Chest Wound. He is as tough as Hervey Furryfoot (T2). Embarassed
Defend the Find

playtable wrote:
Witch Hunters vs Possessed (defenders)
Night time 12” sight, clear weather
Possessed rout with 3 heroes inside the find.
Witch Hunters have a zealot and dog die.
Witch Hunters hire a Tillean marksman.

The Empire of Wolves DefendtheFind001

The Empire of Wolves DefendtheFind002

The Empire of Wolves DefendtheFind003

Harganok wrote:
My first game I played Jim's witch hunters in the dark. We played 'Defend the Find' with me being the defender. Jim's whole warband hated all my guys since I desecrated a graveyard previously. He came at me from 2 sides, so I ran out and played defense to keep him out of the center building with everyone except for 3 heroes who stayed behind. Jim took out 2 henchman in combat, and I lost a beastman hero who tripped in the dark and was knocked down while running toward the Witch Hunters for a big 'ole hug...being taken out by a couple of Jims guys next turn. I ended up routing, losing the game but getting all the wyrdstone. One henchman died and my hero must have landed on a stick when he tripped because he lost his left eye. I think I took out 2 of Jims henchmen and a dog.
Another Skirmish during a Blizzard
Myth wrote:
My first game was a disaster! I played Chris Small and I rolled a blizzard. The conditions made the game almost unplayable for me and I had to take the dishonorable route of sacrificing a dog and some peons to allow me to rout. One of my Swordsmen was hurting his hounds though, but with the inability for a shooting warband to shoot, I was guaranteed to lose. Baltar was taken out of action but made a full recovery! He still had to miss a game though due to the terms of the scenario. (All heroes taken out of action automatically miss the next game due to hypothermia)

The Empire of Wolves Deadand01

The Empire of Wolves Deadand02

Last edited by Von Kurst on Thu 15 Nov 2012 - 4:55; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   The Empire of Wolves Icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2012 - 13:54

An ENTERTAINING REPORT & GLORIOUS PHOTOS! Beyond the fine narratives & the action photos, one of the things I've noticed that I really enjoy is watching the newer War Bands progress from primer coated minis into full color wonders...it's probably another sign of imminent senility. That aside, VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup

Von Kurst wrote:
I'm having a good time with the Furryfootes.

Halflings, like Goblins with or without Orcs, seem to appeal to Guys with a good sense of humor &/or a strong sense of the absurd...it isn't about winning or losing; it's whether or not it's fun(ny). clown
Back to top Go down
Harganok
Hero
Hero
Harganok

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   The Empire of Wolves Icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2012 - 17:03

DeafNala wrote:
An ENTERTAINING REPORT & GLORIOUS PHOTOS! Beyond the fine narratives & the action photos, one of the things I've noticed that I really enjoy is watching the newer War Bands progress from primer coated minis into full color wonders...

And you roll so so many more crits when they're painted too!
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   The Empire of Wolves Icon_minitimeWed 14 Nov 2012 - 4:49

Quote :
And you roll so so many more crits when they're painted too!

My paint job must be too old...
Week 4--Cont'd

Breakthrough

The dwarfs waited silently as the chattering halflings and their traitorous ally approached...
The Empire of Wolves Dwarfand01

Curly Half Toe the chief scout had climbed to the top of a stairway. He turned to address Brandiwick as the Eldor rounded the corner below.

"The way looks clear ahead," said Curly.

Kaboom, kaboom, kaboom! The rattle of musketry drowned out the piping halfling voice. Balls richoceted off the steps as Curly ducked down. Brandiwick threw himself down on the slush covered cobbles.

"Halt right there Oathbreakers!" a deep voice shouted from the ruins ahead. "Give up Gablout Firestriker the Foresworn and ye may pass."

"Who?" "What was that?" "Do we have time for tea?"

"Hren Ironshot, you stubborn fool, is that you?" called Gadabout from behind a thick stone wall.

"Aye Gablout!" said the voice. "I've got ye under my guns now, felon! I have a Writ for thy arrest or death. Surrender!"

"What writ? I have not set foot in the Underdark in nearly fifty years." called Gadabout as he stepped suddenly into the open. The halflings expected another thunderous volley. They were surprised when nothing occured.

"Quick, shoot those villans full of arrows while the varlets re-load!" shouted Gadabout. The warlock shouted several words of power and was suddenly lifted into the very air. Gadabout was wisked into the shelter of a nearby ruin, A squat figure carrying an odd tube rushed out onto a rickety walkway above the street.

"Ye will not escape Hren Ironshot with parlour tricks!" shouted the enraged dwarf. "I'll let the air out of ye ... Urk!" The dwarf was suddenly struck by several arrows. He gave a strangled cry and pitched to the frozen street below. Gadabout gave a shout and fell upon the hapless dwarf to quench Glam Ring's fires in his flesh.

"Ha! I thwart thy writ with a Bill of Fire!" cursed the Warlock.

"The felon is resisting lawfull arrest!" shouted another dwarf. "Fire!" Gadabout looked up in alarm as two dwarfs swung the muzzels of their weapons to bear.

Post Battle
Hren Ironshot died of his wounds. One Trollslayer suffered a broken leg and the other was Hardened. The Dwarfs suffer their first defeat of the campaign at the hands of the Halflings. Nick considers shaving his head.

No halflings are killed. Brandiwick spends all of the money stolen from the dwarfs on a crossbow.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   The Empire of Wolves Icon_minitimeWed 14 Nov 2012 - 6:09

Surprise Attack

The last hurrah of Da Mob.
The Empire of Wolves Orcdead02

The Empire of Wolves Orcdead03

The Empire of Wolves Orcdead04

Da Mob fell upon the seemingly unsuspecting Ded Uns only to discover that their swords had turned to rubber. The ambush is soundly defeated and the Boss captured. Da Mob disbands.
Breakthrough

The Empire of Wolves Mordheim01

The Empire of Wolves Mordheim02

Myth wrote:
My second game was a lot more fun. It was Breakthrough with TJ. TJ won by getting his fastest people around the side but we had a fun game of back and forth shooting. Strangely my regular crossbowmen were able to hurt his guys while all those who had Blessed Bolts failed to wound. Maximus was taken out but made a full recovery and one of my swordsmen became a hero. I crapped out on my exploration roll, only getting two shards out of 4 dice. UGH!

TJ wrote:
I was the attacker.
I won quickly by having my leader on a Chaos Steed and a marauder run up one side of the table that John left open
John took out my dogs and that was it.
Neither died.
My exploration was catacombs
Skirmish in the Rain

The Empire of Wolves Dwarfpossessed01

Harganok wrote:
2nd game was against Nicks dwarves, a short straightforward skirmish battle. The driving rain meant that the dwarves' black powder weapons were useless. First turn, one of the dwarves falls off a building while trying to climb down and goes out of the game! SPLAT! That leaves him with 2 slayers and a few henchmen who castle up in the middle. Having nothing to fear from range, I swarm in and take out his 3 henchmen before they can hit back, leaving the 2 slayers left. The remaining slayers charge in on his turn, one vs. a possessed, the other vs. a beastman. Both slayers actually roll criticals in combat! The possessed goes out, Bozar the beastman gets knocked down. Next turn on the countercharge, both of the slayers get stunned, but neither goes out. Nick routs on his turn with his last 2 heroes in the dirt. All my guys survived.
Skirmish

The Empire of Wolves Dwarfchaos01

The Empire of Wolves Dwarfchaos02

TJ wrote:
I played Nick in a third game, a Skirmish.
He had 5 guys
I infiltrated my 3 murauders with a BS increase thinking I would take him out or lock him down that way. I missed a lot due to not realising thrown weapons don't suffer range and movement penalties.
He took out Drayin, one of my marauder heroes, my forsaken and 1 marauder before I finally took out 2 of his guys and he routed.
I found an extra wyrdstone shard in exploration. Found a second chaos steed and an ensorcelled great weapon with rare rolls.

Both of the dwarfs die. The Treasure Hunters lost only 3 games (all in the same evening), but disband with only 3 scarred heroes remaing.
The Last Breakthrough of the Evening

playtable wrote:

Witch Hunters vs Skaven (attackers)
Night time 11” sight, bad weather -1 to shooting
Skaven move out very slow and shoot poorly a lot, take 1 OOA on 2nd or 3rd turn.
HTH starts going the skaven way.
Wizard skaven takes Tillean OOA but only from falling 2” after getting spell blasted.
Witch hunters run after 6 or 7 henchmen and Witch hunter “Red” MacDougle go OOA
A new Flagellant and another Zealot die.
“Red” gets horrible scars.

The Empire of Wolves Breakthrough001

The Empire of Wolves Breakthrough001a

The Empire of Wolves Breakthrough002

The Empire of Wolves Breakthrough003

Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   The Empire of Wolves Icon_minitimeWed 14 Nov 2012 - 12:56

GREAT STUFF AS ALWAYS! cheers
I've noticed that new units & individual minis tend to die horrible deaths, perform miserably, &/or route on their first appearance...the more time lavished the more horrible, miserable, &/or cowardly. In AD&D, NPCs with cool names are killed on sight. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   The Empire of Wolves Icon_minitimeWed 14 Nov 2012 - 18:17

love the reports. would love to see more of Furryfootes battles (and victories).
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   The Empire of Wolves Icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012 - 4:12

Well I can provide one of the former if not the latter...

More Adventures of the Furryfoote Clan

A Skirmish on Ice

Goblins clad in winter camoflage lie in ambush!
The Empire of Wolves Goblinand01

Gadabout.
Gadabout the Warlock raised his arms dramatically and called upon Zimmerman's Horse of Air, "Oh spirits of the wind and air, I bind thee to my service! Come to thy Master!"

Thunk! Thunk! Thunk! Three more goblin arrows slammed into Gadabout's tortured body. One had hurt him. He could feel it in his ancient bones. But the Horse of Air did not appear. This was most vexing! Perhaps that old fool, Ironshot had cursed him afterall. Glam Ring had not warned him of the goblins. HIs Robe of Crimson had not turned the arrows. And now the Horse had deserted... Suddenly the Warlock felt the familar presence of the Horse. The startled goblins cursed as their target flew away from them.

Brandiwick.
The Eldor let out his breath slowly and released the bolt. The goblin knife thrower was hit high in his narrow chest. The goblin's body flipped over and sprawled on the icy cobbles. Another down. "Take that!" Brandiwick shouted as he worked the ratchet to reload the clumsy crossbow. He was already scanning the ruins for his next target. But it was too late.

BRRRRAPPP!!

GrrrrUp the Feastfinder.
GrrrrUp saw the capering shaman lift its robes again. The ogre tried to escape, but he was weakened by his wounds and the lack of fresh air. All GrrrrUp managed was to stagger a couple of steps closer to Guiles the Thief. The ogre saw the Li'l Un raise his arms, though GrrrrUp could not tell if the halfling was trying to help or fend him off. The flatulent wind swept into the ogre once more and the great creature crashed down on the ice to lie still.

Post Battle
The battle ended in a Draw by Store Closing. Bob's gobbos murdered one of their own in s two on one Animosity disaster. The knife thrower suffered Multiple Injuries including the dread Chest Wound.

The ogre recovered from his wounds and must rolll for his first advance. The halflings discover the Alchemist's Workshop. Woot!

The Empire of Wolves Halflings002

Last edited by Von Kurst on Thu 15 Nov 2012 - 4:58; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   The Empire of Wolves Icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012 - 4:40

Black Spiral Dancers
Harganok's Possessed Warband
photos by playtable

Magister: Valnir the Faceless
The Empire of Wolves Possessed001

The Possessed: Gort and Mr. Sinister.
The Empire of Wolves Possessed006

The mutants: Gareth and Nard
The Empire of Wolves Possessed002

The Brutes (beastmen Henchmen) and the beastman hero with the 2 handed hammer, Bozar.
The Empire of Wolves Possessed003

Brethren are in 2 groups: Night Bringers and Kin Slayers
The Empire of Wolves Possessed004

Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   The Empire of Wolves Icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012 - 13:48

OH BABY! A GREAT Battle Report AND COOL Photos...it was worth getting up after all. The Furryfoote Fellows always seem to provide an entertaining adventure. Both Gadabout & the Organic Shaman set the proper mood for a fun game. TERRIFIC STUFF! thumbsup

The Black Spiral Dancers are a FANTASTIC looking Band of Evil Doers...WONDERFUL brushwork & basing. For moi, the Brethren have a lot of appeal...Fellow disreputable lookers. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   The Empire of Wolves Icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012 - 17:50

Black Spiral Dancers were a let down for me... not because they are not a well made warband but because I was expecting some twisted werewolves... but thats only due to the World of Darkness connection.
Anyway they are a vary nice (evil) band.

The Furryfoote Clan would have won I have no doupt.

Back to top Go down
Harganok
Hero
Hero
Harganok

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   The Empire of Wolves Icon_minitimeThu 15 Nov 2012 - 21:10

Came up with the name after the name of our campaign "Empire of Wolves", so I guess thats the attempt at a connection there Smile
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   The Empire of Wolves Icon_minitimeSat 17 Nov 2012 - 9:08

The Possessed warband is really fantastic. Fantastic paint job.

The minis i love most are the brethre. These are excellent poses and excellent combinations of lots of different parts.

Oh boy i love this warband.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   The Empire of Wolves Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov 2012 - 3:36

Week 5--More mayhem in a Ruined City

Our battles from November 15th. Chad and Nick started new warbands so our cast of warbands looked like this:

Bob--Night Goblins
Chadwicc--Da Mob (take II)
Harganok--Possessed
Myth--Protectorated of Sigmar (Sylvania)
Nick--Middenheimers
playtable--Witch Hunters
Robperk--Skaven Clan Eshin
Smalls--Lahmian Vampires (Khemri)
Tj--Champions of Chaos
Von Kurst--Halflings (Mordheimer)

playtable wrote:
Daytime. Clear weather.
I played Chris in Breakthrough, I tried to stop him, I did poorly.., I lost, a dog died.
Replaced the dog.]
Myth wrote:
Battle Report 1 against Nick! Nick and I fought a Skirmish and the weather was Hot. Nothing really of note other than he killed my dog again and I killed one of his henchmen. I did learn that his Swordsmen are infinitely better than mine because his have Expert Swordsmen.]

I had no idea that 'Hot' could be rolled on the Autum/Winter weather chart...
TJ wrote:
Game 1 vs Possessed
Suprise Attack
I was the defender and managed to snag a win once Xanatos and Claudius the Brute reached combat. A marauder, a hound and Dirk the marauder hero were taken out. A hound died.
I found a Master Map of Mordheim, made some money and bought some barding. Also I hired a warlock and a witch and replaced the hound.

Harganok wrote:
First game - played TJ in a Surprise Attack during the day with normal weather. I was the attacker. TJ's reinforcements were coming in sporadically, but far away from the action. I ended up taking out a dog, a hero, and maybe a marauder(?).
Probably would have had a couple more, but the armor was pretty thick and my mutant couldn't make a dent. I ended up routing after losing a couple henchmen and a couple of mutants. One brethren died and the mutant was sold to the pits where he lost the fight, but was otherwise unharmed. Other mutant lost an eyeball.
chadwicc wrote:
Bob and I played Surprise Attack, Icey weather, day. Most of his Gobos started on the table so I have a couple easy targets to charge on my first turn. Two Gobos charged and the Ogre gets shot by a couple of my Boyz and takes two wounds, one of the gobos is taken out but the other survives this round. Bob's turn sees the Ogre running away and a few unsuccessful bow shots against the Boyz, and Beg 'Ead Masha takes down the gobo from my turn. Nothing else really exciting happens until four of Bob's guys show up on my side of the table and I'm within his charge range. I end up being down 4 of my 8 members and decide to get out of there. One of the Shoota Boyz dies, and I find a LC.
Chance Encounter
Myth wrote:
Battle Report 2 against Witch Hunters! We fought a Surprise Encounter (the one with us having wyrdstone shards) and after a fierce battle with back and forth archery I managed to pull off a win. I killed one of his heroes and I only lost the hired sword Ogre I got from the last game. I walked away with 8 shards! WOOHOO! MONIES!

playtable wrote:

2: Daytime. Weather = no black powder & -1 to climbing.
I played the Protectorate, he had 3 shards with his heroes, I had one, he took my one, he also took my quick shot t
Tllean, behind hard cover and long range, OOA with his 1st shot...I lost, John got rich, I didn't, a hero (Witch Hunter, Alfred Hitchcork II), a dog, and a Zealot died.
Alfred and the dog have been replaced. No money for a new Zealot.

I went from 205 w/12 + hired sword to 209 w/11 + hired sword after 2 games. Not too good.
Defend the Find
TJ wrote:
Game 2 vs Night Goblins
I don't remember the name of the scenario, but even with all his shooting Bob couldnt keep me out of close combat and he eventually fled giving me the victory. I gained 3 bonus shards. Also exploration earned me a free ogre bodyguard. I found another steed after the battle bringing me up to 3 chaos steeds.
Street Fight
Harganok wrote:
Second game - played Chads' new Orc band in a street fight during the day with normal weather. First couple of turns were uneventful as we moved toward each other. When we finally entered combat, my beastman hero managed to survive a charge from 3 angry orcs, giving several more guys enough time to manouver in for a countercharge.
We had 2-3 good fights going on simultaneously, and I think we each managed to make a couple of crucial 6+ saves to keep things interesting. In the end, I eventually started to wear the Orcs down and take them out of combat until they routed. I lost a brethren and a possessed, but both made full recoveries. I think I took out a couple of henchman and maybe 3 heroes, including the shaman. I think all his guys came out OK though. Overall a really good game with enough 'ead bashing to satisfy even the orcs.

chadwicc wrote:
The possessed do a good job of hiding amongst the buildings as they make their way down the street so I can't get any good shots, so I spend the turns taking up ambush positions. The ambush works out all right and I end up giving wounds to one of the Beastmen and to both of his Possessed, I think, at least one of them. Again I get down to only 4 Boyz on the field and take my chance to flee. Baz Ingaz get robbed and everyone else is fine. With only one hero still in the game my exploration is rather lacking, so I can only afford a LC and replacement weapons for a Shaman who can't keep a eye on his stuff.

I had 7 chances to roll TLGT and failed every time......stupid Orcs. 2 +1 BS, 2 +1 Ld, 2 +1 I, and 1 +1 ST

Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   The Empire of Wolves Icon_minitimeWed 28 Nov 2012 - 14:19

The Reports were perfect for the early hours...a bit short for later in the day, but perfect while the fog was still swirling around. thumbsup
But, ALAS, no photos. Sad
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   The Empire of Wolves Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2012 - 4:32

Yea, verily the elusive camera was seen not. Tis very shy in these latter days and keeps to its lair.

Episode 8--The Ambush! Or How It All Went Horribly Wrong

A mournful howl broke the silence of the winter morn.

"Hist!" cautioned Gadabout. "Tis one of the Black Hounds of Lahmia. The Ancient keeps a pack of the beasts to guard her."

"Is it near?" asked Hervey, who had a dread of hounds since that fatefull day in Farmer Baggit's orchard.

"It is less than two streets south," said a muffled voice from a dark alley on the right.

"Gaahhh!" screamed Hervey (quietly so as not to disturb any hounds).

"Hush Comerade Herv," said Ana Gornovich as she stepped from the shadowed alleyway. "The Ancient may hear you. She is more terrible than any hound."

Hervey shuddered and pointed his blunderbuss in the general direction of the howl. Gadabout shook his head and crossed to the Ranger in long strides.

"Are the Men of Ulric in place?" he demanded. "Together we may strike a blow for the forces of Light!"

"Da Comerade Gadabout, the men of the White Wolf are directly south of us. They come, but they are men, they may be slow." Ana had little use for the men of Middenheim. "Comerade Guiles will signal when the men are ready."

"Guiles is out there?" asked Hervey. He looked out at the silent ruins and hoped his friend was safe from hounds. Hervey gripped his blunderbuss tighter and crept through the ruins toward the unseen Ancient and her hounds. A great arched ruin towered above him. Ana flattened herself against one wall.

"Just through this arch," she said. "The Ancient and her guards are only two houses from us now."

Halflings scuttled through the ruined streets to take up better positions. Hervey stood opposite Ana, his back pressed against a frosted wall. He realized his was sweating despite the cold. Hervey could see Brentway off to the east. Brentway flashed a thumbs up, then turned his attention toward the south. GrrrrUp the Ogre was standing by Gadabout, shifting impatiently. Hervey noticed how thick the mist of the ogre's breath was. Then Hervey noticed that he couldn't really see Eldor Brandiwick at all any more in the fog. FOG! A mist was rolling through the ruins from the south. It seemed to come from the very ground. It was so cold! The Houds began to bay.

"The Ancient One has called a Hunting Mist!" shouted Gadabout. "Attack you fools!"

Hervey stepped into the arch and swung his blunderbuss toward a huge crowd of feral men, women and HOUNDS!

Post Battle
GrrrrUp the Ogre became a Hero after my last game! And then he got charged by 3 hounds and 2 Lahmian heroes. GrrrrUp died. The Furryfootes start saving for ANOTHER ogre. Sad

The rest of the Furryfootes recover from their many injuries. Curse the fog!

The Middenheimers lost a swordsman, but gained an LGT hero.

The Lahmians' Necromancer went out of action, but got better. Several hounds, a skeleton or 2 and a human henchman were killed. The Lahmians gain ALL the treasure, plus have a nice exploration... I think FREE Hired Sword was mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Empire of Wolves   The Empire of Wolves Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Empire of Wolves
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next