Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

The Treasures of Toth Amon

Go down 
+5
WarbossKurgan
Figgy
playtable
DeafNala
Von Kurst
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
playtable
Ancient
Ancient
playtable

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Treasures of Toth Amon   The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Jul 2010 - 5:50

“Desert Skirmish”

As told to Von Kurst by Chadwicc and Playtable

A nighttime skirmish occurred somewhere near the Oasis of 1001 Camels. The plague monks attempted to surprise the Wasted with a night attack. Shockingly the Wasted were prepared for the diseased monks.

Wasted sentry, “Like Cap’n Higgins, dude, there’s them big mutant rats sneaking up out of the west, dude.”

Cap’n Higgins, “Wow, dude, radical. Let’s, you know, like, kill ‘em. Wow.”

The Wasted cavalry mounted up and the rest of the crew formed a skirmish line facing west.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Desertskirmish01-1</A>

The skaven attacked with waves of giant rats supported by volleys of sling stones. Naturally the blunderbuss-carrying novice stumbled in the dark and played no role in the coming fight.

A bitter struggle in the inky darkness ensued. Both sides suffered heavy casualties, but the Wasted maintained their buzz and refused to break. The plague monks cursed their fate and retreated once again.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Desertskirmish02</A>

Post Game

The Skaven suffer numerous casualties. One veteran spear-rat dies another is captured. After several weeks with no lost heroes, the Skaven Curse returns and another hero dies. The censor bearer (who let his frenzy lead him into a lone attack against many foes) finds himself the main contender in a nomad chief’s fighting pit. The frenzied monk charged, but was overcome by the fumes from his own censor. He survives against the odds but returns to the clan without his weapons and equipment.

The clan returns to the Thieves’ Quarter where they find another censor and a Rat Familiar.

The Wasted have an equally sour victory. The famous gunner Marley, who was promoted from the ranks back in Sartosa, was killed after a desperate duel with a plague monk hero. In addition Akif the Nomad scout died, as well as one of the Snake Charmer’s beloved pets.

The captured skaven refuses to join the crew and is pressed as a swab instead. Despite the setbacks the Wasted also find an extra treasure on the battlefield (though I forget how.)
Back to top Go down
playtable
Ancient
Ancient
playtable

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Treasures of Toth Amon   The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Jul 2010 - 5:54

“Defend the Oasis II”

Complete speculation by Von Kurst (who was not paying attention)

The Skaven found an unoccupied oasis at the Pools of Despair. Naturally the Sartosans tried to dispute their claim.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 DefendtheOaisisII01

</A>

The Sartosans foolishly chose to attack the Skaven at night when the mutants were most vigilant.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 DefendtheOaisisII02</A>

However, the superior numbers of the human pirates combined with a certain clumsiness on the part of the Skaven heroes and a brutally hot desert night meant that the Skaven were driven into the desert with the usual heavy losses.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 DefendtheOaisisII03</A>

Post Game

Clan Pestilens—suffer one henchman captured and the Rat Familiar killed. There may well have been other losses but those were the highlights.

The Sartosans report a Skaven joining their crew. No casualty report has been received (or the verbal report has been forgotten). The Sartosans were successful at finding another clue (this one to a more important burial chamber within the tomb). Perhaps the Sartosans will now mount an expedition to the tomb itself?
Back to top Go down
playtable
Ancient
Ancient
playtable

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Treasures of Toth Amon   The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Jul 2010 - 6:38

“The Pool”

An eyewitness account of a desperate battle amid the ruins of Bel Alaid transcribed by Von Kurst with commentary by Playtable

Drawn by the legend of the Fount of the Blessed Waters, the Wasted privateers and the Arabyans braved the haunted ruin of Bel Alaid on a hot moonlit night. The legend clearly stated that the treasures of the Fount could only be revealed under the light of Morslieb during the Month of the Furnace.

Completely unaware of their competitors the infidel Wasted approached from the east

(Wasted set up first, not just on the East but the South section of the East side due to a building in the way.)

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Thepool01</A>

while the Faithful followed the legend’s command and entered through the ruins of the Gate of the Blessed One from the holy direction of the setting sun.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Thepool04</A>

As they neared the Fount the Wasted became aware of movement on their left. The Fallen approached from the south.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Thepool03</A>

(And very close, I might add. With a vampire and a friendly flag, the fallen were right on top of the Wasted from the start.)

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Thepool05</A>

Although seting up between two opponents is usually not a good place to be, the Fallen set out to eliminate the Wasted and then press on.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Thepool06</A>

The Wasted pressed toward the Fount but several of the crew froze in place as they sighted the ethereal guardians (unwanted company) of the sacred pool glowing in the moonlight.

(The Fallen bring more undead to stop the Wasted.)

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Thepool07</A>

(The only member of the Wasted that had holy water was on the horse running off the board from the guardian spitits.)

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Thepool08</A>

(The vampire is just a killing machine.)

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Thepool10</A>

(The vampire strikes again. He just kills anything he touches and moves on to the next. He takes out the scared hero with the holy water before he can run off the board.)

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Thepool11</A>

</A>The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Thepool12</A>

(Did I mention the muli-wound orc zombie with toughness 5?

I charge in to kill some zombies and he come flying in on a magic carpet, jumps off and kickes my butt. I throw everyone I can on him and just keep loosing more people.)(Whine)

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Thepool13</A>

(The Wasted loose too many and sneak off in the darkness.)

2 of the Fallen’s dregs were also unmanned by the specters, while the Faithful approached with stalwart hearts (except for that craven dog, Hassam).

(The Faithfull move SLOW.)

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Thepool09</A>

Haroum began to doubt the sacredness of the pool when 2 of the guardians drifted toward his righteous pilgrims. His faith and stalwart leadership held most of the Arabyans in the ranks, but the faithless witch fled toward the north and Al Bobo (who had foolishly taken her heathen potions, thus weakening his resolve) fled back toward the gate. Both disappeared into the night.

The Arabyans advanced cautiously into the ruin as the spirits hovered around them. From the darkness to the southeast they heard the sounds of battle and plaintive cries for aid, which they could answer not.

Eventually Rais Haroum and his guards reached the Fount. Despite the increasingly desperate pleas from the darkness, the Rais was bewitched by the splendor of the pool’s offerings. He reverently approached the pool and was rewarded for his faith with a curious golden vessel of obvious worth.

(Translation: The Faithfull search in peace and chuckle inwardly while the Fallen wipe out the Wasted .)

(Did I mention that the Fallen have only lost 1 game all campaign?)(Whine)The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Thepool14</A>

Once he had pocketed the treasure, the Rais returned to the present as one awoken from a dream. Akbar and the janissaries fought a zombie. The scout had ridden off into the night and was not seen again, though several Arabs later remembered the dying scream of a horse. Many of the Faithful had lost their will and scattered into the ruins as he searched the pool.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Thepool15</A>

The cries for help had silenced. In their place the moans of the walking dead the shrieks of tormented spirits assailed them from all sides. Suddenly the chief of the undead rushed out of the night flanked by a terribly wounded but still charging wolfman. The unholy pair struck down a brave janissary with negligent ease. For a moment the Rais touched the vials of Blessed Water hung like powder charges across his chest. Then a bolt from out of the dark felled felled the Sartosan convert who stood beside the Rais and the Faithful fled.

Post Game.

The Fallen reap huge rewards from the Fount and their exploration. None of the fiends who fell during the fight suffer permanent damage.

The Arabyans withdraw with 2 treasures from the pool and good luck on the exploration roll. Only the Nomad Scout and his horse are killed. However the scout’s loss is immediately felt as the Arabyans become Lost in the Desert. Woe.

The Wasted report the loss of brave Little Bobby the crippled cabin boy. His faithful horse survives him. In addition the Wasted lose a veteran swordsman and another snake.

The Wasted rode back toward Al-Haikk with much lamentation.

From the edge of the ruin of Bel Alaid a slight, peg legged zombie watched them pass out of sight. “Bbraaiiinsss!”
Back to top Go down
playtable
Ancient
Ancient
playtable

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Treasures of Toth Amon   The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Jul 2010 - 6:42

Did I mention that I dropped 76 in warband rating after week 12's battles?
Whine.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: The Treasures of Toth Amon   The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Jul 2010 - 15:13

Totally out of character, I ACTUALLY read the narrative prior to staring transfixed at the photos. The scenery, especially The Pool, is REALLY SPECTACULAR! The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Fresse
As I Child of the 60s, I naturally root for The Wasted...they'd work well with my "better living through chemistry" Night Goblins...like Man. The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Fresse

On a side note: from my admittedly limited experience with deserts, in this case Death Valley, once the sun sets they tend to get colder than an Ex-Wife's heart. The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Suspect
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Treasures of Toth Amon   The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Jul 2010 - 18:59

DeafNala wrote:

On a side note: from my admittedly limited experience with deserts, in this case Death Valley, once the sun sets they tend to get colder than an Ex-Wife's heart. The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Suspect

This is true in reality, but the folks who did the Khemri weather chart did not envision a Day or Night and our campaign rules are already a bit long winded. (Or so Playtable tells me.)

So what do you think about the reports? Combining the text and the photos is fun but it makes Playtable's job harder. I hear he's put in a request for an increased pension to reimburse the hardship.

Other news:
Who wins the Most Heroes Killed in the Course of the Campaign Award?
Playtable and Chadwicc have competed for this award since Chadwicc joined last year. (Before that we were happy to concede the honors to Playtable, but Chadwicc is a competitive sort.)
The Wasted have lost:
Little Timmy
Ms Shurley
An unnamed Mate
Marley
Little Bobby

The Plague Monks have lost
Leecher I
Mad Snaroose--at this point the Plague Monks start over.
Leecher II
an unnamed hero--at this point they started again...
Leecher III
Racidio the Sorcerer
Leecher IV
The Rat with No Name

So Chadwicc has lost 8 heroes with 3 warbands, but Playtable has lost 5 with one warband.

But wait Playtable also plays Sundayheim, There the Dark Elves have lost:
A Sorceress (first game)
Ezbat Darkeye (Highborn leader)
Windmaker
Windbreaker
TimKylee (beast master replacement leader)

Playtable is currently ahead with 10 losses over 2 warbands. We are in the final stretch so anything can happen. Smalls (believe it or not) is actually a distant third because of his Sundayheim Estalians*.

*Note that only officially reported casualties count for the purposes of the award.

Last edited by Von Kurst on Fri 9 Jul 2010 - 5:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
playtable
Ancient
Ancient
playtable

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Treasures of Toth Amon   The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Jul 2010 - 20:21

DeafNala wrote:
Quote :
The scenery, especially The Pool, is REALLY SPECTACULAR!

Thanks much. The buildings and ruins belong to Von Kirst. With both home-made and aquarium stuff.
The pool is really a spawning pool from my Lustria terrain.
I have no desert pools.
Just one more thing on my list to do before I die.
I'd make a list but it would take all day and I'd probably still leave something out.
Back to top Go down
playtable
Ancient
Ancient
playtable

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Treasures of Toth Amon   The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010 - 16:09

Week XIII—Searching the Tomb/Death in Al-Haikk

“The Temple of Doom”

By Von Kurst

Clue #45) Artifact—Your hero discovers a curious tablet. It tells of a hidden temple in Toth Amon’s Tomb. For your next battle in the Tomb you may automatically pick the scenario The Temple of Doom. In addition one hero may nullify one corridor trap that he or she triggers. No roll is necessary and the trap is ignored. The winning warband may add +2 to any searches for The Tomb of Toth Amon.

For centuries the Temple of Toth lay silent and deserted in a remote corner of the tomb complex of Toth Amon. Its floor was shrouded in the dust of the ages (except where the monkey has disturbed it).

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 07082010002</A>

Then came men out of the desert. Men of the Empire came guided by a lost tablet and a captured skaven monk. Note that despite their guide a whole rank tripped and fell in the darkness. A terrified snake slithers toward the fallen men after it triggered a guardian spirit trap.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 07082010001</A>

Men of Araby followed the infidels from the Empire. The Arabyans suffered from dehydration. (Bin Sadaka collapsed outside of the tomb and was left in the care of Red Roxanne who complained of dizziness.) Despite the lack of water the Arabyans were more sure footed in the darkness (only 2 are down). However the guardian spirits haunted them as well, although Rais Haroum was able to keep anyone from fleeing (at least at first).

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 07082010003</A>

Both groups struggled slowly through the corridor of traps, a Wasted pirate fled from the gibbering spirits into the dark corridors.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 07082010008</A>

Hassam fled from one spirit and triggered another trap.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 07082010007</A>

Eventually after enduring spirits, spiked pits, snares, falling cages and dart traps the 2 warbands met in the treasure chamber. The room thundered with gunfire and echoed with screams of pain and war cries.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 07082010012</A>

The struggle hung in the balance for a bit as the Wasted cut down McFusson and forced the witch to retreat from the treasure chamber. The deadly fire of Arabyan harquebusiers and the loss of the bravest cabin boy eventually drove the Wasted from the temple.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 07082010013</A>

The screams of the fleeing pirates had barely faded before Tariq the Janissary triggered the trap guarding the main treasure of the temple. Tariq fell before a tomb guardian’s cursed blade. Rather than face the guardian’s deadly blades the Arabyans aimed their weapons at the ancient dead and blasted them to pieces.

Post Game

The Wasted report that the “Skaven swabbie ran away, 2 snakes died and brand new cabin boy, Li’l Bubba, died.

I ended up in the city. I hired a new cabin boy. I found him a lucky charm. Old cabin boy, Little Billy, suffered a chest wound and is now back down to toughness 3 again.”

The Arabyan casualties all recovered from their injuries. The Arabyans discover Artifact #16 Neferra’s Plaques of Mighty Incantations, which are kind of useless to them, but will fetch a good price from the right bidder. The Rais also discovers the secret location of Toth Amon’s burial chamber! Flush with success the Arabyans withdraw to Al-Haikk and buy more Nomad Robes, torches and Blessed Water.
Back to top Go down
playtable
Ancient
Ancient
playtable

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Treasures of Toth Amon   The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010 - 16:17

“Tomb Raid”

As told to Von Kurst by Smalls and Playtable

Clue #36) Artifact— Your hero discovers a partial map of Toth Amon’s necropolis. It shows the location of the tomb of the acolyte, Sukametan. For one battle in the Tomb of Toth Amon you may automatically pick the scenario Tomb Raid. The winning warband may add +2 to any searches for The Tomb of Toth Amon.

The Wasted regrouped and followed the Arabyans’ example, they followed the Sartosans to the tomb and tried to steal the treasure that the Sartosans had a lead to. Things went fairly well at first, as long as you were not the swab named Joe Dirt. Joe blundered into a swinging blade trap and became pieces of Dirt.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 07082010015</A>

A brave snake entered the burial chamber and triggered the trap (a shower of poisoned darts, which missed the snake.) Then Shareef the Wasted’s snake charmer entered and collected the treasure chest.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 07082010018</A>

The Wasted began an orderly withdrawal immediately, as the Sartosans closed in on the treasure.

</A>The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 07082010021

The Wasted suffered from firing blanks at the Sartosans. The Sartosans replied with live ammunition and whittled the Wasted down. (Note all the knocked down Sartosans…They fell down trying to run or charge in the dark.)

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 07082010023</A>

Captain Higgins couldn’t keep his men from bolting. The Wasted drop the treasure and flee.

Post Game

Joe Dirt, a swabbie, runs away and the last snake dies. The Wasted retreat back to Al-Haikk, on the way they find some massacred Crusaders to loot, but they are frustrated at the marketplace. No one will sell them guns, though Shareef finds a new pet. Also 2 new crew are hired.

The Sartosans discover a Monkey’s Paw in the treasure chest. (I hate the Monkey’s Paw. More than the Friendly Flag.) The pirates also discover the Burial Chamber!

They trade with the cheating merchant, but are fairly smug about the evening.
Back to top Go down
playtable
Ancient
Ancient
playtable

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Treasures of Toth Amon   The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010 - 16:24

“The Eaters of the Dead”

By Von Kurst

Clue #41) Rumor— Your hero has learned secrets concerning the ruling house of Al-Haikk. For your next battle in the Thieves Quarter you may automatically pick the scenario The Eaters of the Dead. If your warband controls the Mad Prince at games end you may add +2 to any searches for a clue after the game.

Rais Haroum elected to stay in Al-Haikk in order to act on a rumor he had heard. The tale proved true, however the Rais had failed to figure the Fallen into his plans…

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 07082010024</A>

Atabeg carried the Jewel of Assuran as the Arabyans searched the dark streets of the Thieves’ Quarter for their ensorcelled prince. They had just entered the ruined Gates of Plenty when a horrible scream rent the night. (The Fallen had failed to get the right antidote to the enchantment affecting the Prince, the angered noble turned on the undead and they killed him.)

The Faithful rushed forward with their torches aloft. The scene that met their eyes seared their souls. The Prince of the ruling house lay dead on the ground. Hovering over him on a magic carpet were his murderers, the foul Count Marko and 2 of his henchmen. As one the Faithful raised their bows and harquebus and fired upon the evil trio. To little effect.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 07082010026</A>

One of the fiends was sore wounded. He flew the enchanted carpet back into the darkness. The Count attacked Akbar al Kuds and killed him. A swirling melee developed near the Prince’s corpse. The Rais, Atabeg and Hassam threw their Blessed Water at the Count who howled in pain. However the clever fiend simply took Healing Herbs and rushed into the fight renewed!

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 07082010031-1</A>

The Count was immediately impaled by a spear as more of his minions rushed to his aide. The vampire cut the spearman down. More Blessed Water was hurled at the Count but Atabeg missed his throw. The Witch was forced back by the press of undead. Guided by the necromancer more zombies and ghouls rushed toward the Faithful.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 07082010030</A>

Elsewhere in the ruins 2 packs of ghouls fell upon the Fallen’s stragglers. These ghouls had mixed success. Fallen dregs and ghouls destroyed the southern pack.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 07082010029</A>

Without more Blessed Water or the support of the witch, Rais Haroum was forced to flee.

Post Game

Akbar al Kuds was killed and raised as a zombie. Woe!

The rest of the Arabyans recovered from their wounds. Tariq the Janissary was promoted to replace the fallen Akbar for his bravery in facing the necromancer and his hordes. More Blessed Water is purchased.

McFusson destroyed the Orc Shaman zombie that plagued the land for months.

The vampire and his minions gain a rich reward from the enemies of the Prince. Dark times are ahead.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Treasures of Toth Amon   The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jul 2010 - 18:12

OOOOOOOOOOOOH! MORE COOL PHOTOS! pitter-patter of drool hitting the keyboard, followed by a sharp electrical SNAP The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Icon_eek
Back to top Go down
playtable
Ancient
Ancient
playtable

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Treasures of Toth Amon   The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jul 2010 - 5:30

Week XIV—Lost Souls

The campaign limped into Thursday a broken shadow of its former self. 2 players were out of town on vacation. Indianapolis was hit with violent thunderstorms at evening rush hour for the 2nd week in a row and EvilTed’s warband roster had gone missing again. Playtable and I had dragged a small storage shed worth of scenery to the store before the storms hit, so we played through!

“The Maze of Lost Souls”

As told to Von Kurst by Smalls and Playtable

43) Artifact—The hero finds a copy of the master map of the Maze of Souls. For one battle in the Tomb of Toth Amon you may automatically pick the scenario variant The Maze of Souls. The winning warband may add +2 to any searches for The Tomb of Toth Amon.

The Sartosans and the Wasted ventured into the twisting caverns beneath the Step Pyramid of Toth. The warbands were a bit more intermixed than usual for our bouts in the Lost Mines. One lonely Sartosan took stock of his position and immediately retreated back into the darkness. The rest pressed forward.

Almost immediately the guardians of the maze began to appear.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 07152010001</A>

The lumbering Ushabti cut down the startled pirate and continued up the passageway toward the next group of interlopers. It was shot apart in a hail of lead.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 07152010002</A>

Captain Higgins and his lieutenants huddled nearby.

“Dudes! What do you, um, think is over there, like?”

“Whoa Cap’n dude! Like, groove on the thunder, man.

“I think they call that reverb, dude.”

“Maybe we ought to, like, check out the next cave, like.”

Some of the Wasted began moving toward an exit. Others tripped and sprawled in the dark. Some just pretended to trip in order to get left behind.

A shrill scream indicated that another Sartosan had irritated a guardian. (Smalls managed to roll 2 Ushabti in a row: ‘2’ and ‘12’ on the wandering monster table.) This horror stalked a less populated section of the caves. Soon the population of the area shrank to one Ushabti, one snake. (The lost Sartosan appeared briefly in a nearby corridor, looked at the Ushabti and fled again.)

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 07152010003</A>

As the rest of the warband struggled to avoid the Ushabti, the Sartosan Captain led an expedition to bottle up the Wasted. Several blunderbusses were unloaded down a passage full of dazed privateers.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 07152010005</A>

A bitter skirmish broke out in a southern corridor. Both sides attempted to rush reinforcements to the area while avoiding the Ushabti (which had unusual difficulty with the snake.)

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 07152010006</A>

Eventually Cap’n Higgins gave up trying to defeat the Sartosans and the Ushabti (the snake finally died) and the Wasted fled.

The Sartosans turned on their erstwhile ally before it could attack them.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 07152010007</A>

Post Game

The Wasted fled the maze. Along the way they captured a Sartosan deserter, who joined the crew (returning one of the many handguns lost to the Sartosans earlier.) The brave snake is the only member of the Wasted expedition killed. The Wasted can find no landmarks and wander lost in the desert.

The Sartosans return to Al-Haikk to refit. They also gain much experience and treasure through the use of the Monkey’s Paw. Due to the Curse of the Paw, some of the treasure was actually worthless.
Back to top Go down
playtable
Ancient
Ancient
playtable

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Treasures of Toth Amon   The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jul 2010 - 5:37

“Treasure Hunt”

A Glorious Arabyan Victory reported impartially by Von Kurst

There was no water in the dark caverns. Still Rais Haroum could smell dankness, as if a large body of still water were nearby. Perhaps it existed on a lower level of these endless caves and passages. Haroum shrugged to physically shake off the thought. From ahead in the darkness beyond their feeble torchlight, something stirred.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 07152010009</A>

A Tomb Lord and his bodyguard patrol the caverns. The Wasted approach them from the south.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 07152010008</A>

The Sartosans enter the caverns from the east.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 07152010011</A>

The torchlight reassured the men, but the Rais held them back. His caution was rewarded as screams and the clash of weapons rang from the dark cavern ahead.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 07152010013</A>

The Wasted encounter a Tomb Guard.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 07152010014</A>

The Tomb Lord attacks the Sartosans.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 07152010016</A>

The Wasted cut the undead guard down, but are caught between the remaining Tomb Guard and the Sartosan blunderbuss.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 07152010017</A>

The Tomb Guard was dispatched easily. The Wasted become engaged on both flanks and the center as the Sartosans and Arabyans move in.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 07152010020</A>

Rais Haroum and Atabeg fired their harquebus at the Wasted to pin them down (they had little effect otherwise). To the north Tariq and Hassam easily evaded the undead to collect glittering treasures from the cave floor.

Eventually the resilience of the Tomb Lord combined with a Wasted counterattack on their southern flank drove the Sartosans from the caverns.

The Wasted attempted to reinforce their center, but McFusson and Hassam struck first. Al Bobo cut down several privateers to the west and the Wasted gave up hope.

The Faithful gathered in the central chamber to secure the remaining treasures and collect the wounded. Their cheers of thanksgiving were cut short as the Tomb Lord lurched toward them howling curses.

The Slayer Pirate met its charge. As McFusson held the fiend’s attention, Al Bobo and Hassam attacked the ancient being and destroyed it.

Post Game

The Sartosans are shut out. The Wasted and the Tomb Lord kept them form collecting any treasures. However, no one dies either.

The Wasted lose one veteran swordsman captured. On the plus side, everyone had forgotten the whole lost in the desert thing and they got half the possible treasures from the scenario. Although none of the outlander combatants died, the Wasted looters plunder the tomb’s guardians for more weapons and armor.

The Wasted found a cheating Merchant.

I have no idea where the Sartosans ended up for trading purposes.

The Arabyans press the Wasted swordsman into the crew. They return to Al-Haikk to spend their gains and along the way Haroum encounters pilgrims who give useful information. The Faithful turn their gains into 4 blessed waters and a Nomad Robe.
Back to top Go down
Horatio
Knight
Knight
Horatio

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Bretonnians (Unofficial) Bretonnians (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: The Treasures of Toth Amon   The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jul 2010 - 9:20

These battle reports are a real page turner. I started reading the first one, and just couldn't stop! Keep up the good work!

I especially enjoy the antics of the Wasted and the Faithful, perhaps because of how well fleshed out they are.
Back to top Go down
playtable
Ancient
Ancient
playtable

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Treasures of Toth Amon   The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Jul 2010 - 22:17

Thanks Horatio.
Is your last name Hornblower? I just loved those books.

Anyway, the 2 warbands are fleshed out because the Wasted (Playtable) take the pictures and the Faithful (Von Kirst) writes the comentary.
Glad you like our combined efforts.
Back to top Go down
Horatio
Knight
Knight
Horatio

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Bretonnians (Unofficial) Bretonnians (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: The Treasures of Toth Amon   The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jul 2010 - 6:57

Why yes it is! Very Happy I do as well.

That's convenient! Still, that level of narrative quality is something that I think many Mordheimers should aspire too.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Treasures of Toth Amon   The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul 2010 - 3:40

Thanks Horatio. The Wasted are fun to write about because their games fit their name.
More to come soon, I'm 2 game nights behind.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Treasures of Toth Amon   The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010 - 2:57

Sundayheim—The Burial Chamber
Smalls and I met on Sunday to explore the burial chamber of the sorcerer Toth Amon. No photos since Playtable stayed home.

“The Tomb of Toth Amon”
By Von Kurst
Clue #46) Artifact—The hero finds a copy of the master map of the tomb. For any battle fought in the tomb your warband may choose the special scenario The Tomb of Toth Amon.

Rais Haroum held his torch aloft and peered down the narrow corridor. The stone passage was lined with precut blocks that had been plastered over. In some places the intricately decorated plaster survived, but in most of the passage it had crumbled to dust. Haroum thought bin Sadaka would be fascinated by the paintings, but the merchant was hundreds of feet above him struck down by his Old Wound.

“Death is near! Pray to the One, ye unworthy!” The witch was particularly dour in her scrying today. Now her eyes rolled and she staggered as one drunk.

“Silence!” hissed Haroum. “The One protects us. Fear neither the ancient abomination nor the infidel. Bind the pagan hag if she will not keep still.”

Suddenly the witch gripped his arm and stared into his eyes. “The Wanderer will travel on but my path ends within these walls,” she prophesized. As the men clutched their amulets or mumbled charms against the Evil Eye, the witch released Haroum and opened the far door.

“I bid you welcome to my tomb,” she announced with a bow.

The paintings in the small chamber were in a better state of preservation. In addition there were small chests and curious sealed jars stacked about the room. Rais Haroum set the scout and Hassam to searching the room. The eastern door opened on another short corridor with a door at its end. The witch spared barely a glance before turning to her left toward the northern door.

“What thou seek lies there, but thou must make haste for soon He wakes…”

From beyond the door came the sound of a distant scream, followed by the dull boom of gunshots and the clash of steel.

“Make haste! Make haste! The party has begun. Go forth, ye Faithful! I must prepare for my guests. Him ye seek yet sleeps, but fly! For soon a living foot will step on a shifting stone, a dead body will fall and an undead body rise!” The pagan woman gave a gleeful laugh and danced away toward the eastern door. “More guests! Old friends from the island scramble in the dark, I think they come to kill me!”

McFusson yanked the northern door open and rushed through it. “Leave the mad woman!” he growled. “The gold is this way!”

Haroum, McFusson and the rest of their party moved down the northern passageway. From all around them the sounds of desperate conflict echoed through the passageways.

Post Game.
The Sartosans had the Ring of the Djinni almost within their grasp. Toth Amon had fallen and his minions began to crumble into dust, but one lone Ushabti guarded his body and that was too much for the 4 heroes who alone remained standing. They fled.
1 Sartosan henchman was captured by the Faithful, another died fighting the undead. Kara Belissimo, a Sartosan hero was killed in the huge melee in the room the Sartosans christened ‘Number Five’.
The Sartosans recovered several minor rare items and the Statue of Set a Minor Artifact. A surviving henchman was promoted (LGT) and another became a hero through the use of the Monkey’s Paw. The Curse of the Paw struck and one of the recovered henchmen suddenly weakened and died.
The Sartosans withdrew to Al-Haikk.

The Faithful were hard hit as well. Out of 6 casualties, 4 died. Red Roxanne, Rico the Louse and the veteran janissary Fahd al Suds were killed in Al Bobo’s attempt to reach the burial chamber. (Each was a 14 exp. Henchman.) The Witch of Ghut was shot down as she concentrated on a blinded Sartosan.
The Faithful gathered several rare items and the Minor Artifact the Brooch of the Great Desert. The captured Sartosan refused to become a Believer and thus became a slave. The Faithful withdrew into the desert and traded with Nomands at the Well.
Back to top Go down
playtable
Ancient
Ancient
playtable

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Treasures of Toth Amon   The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul 2010 - 5:51

Week XV—The Tomb and the Desert

"Treasures of the Ancients”

A Wyrdstone Hunt in trap filled caverns.

As told by Playtable

The Wasted (warband rating = 426) vs the Sartosans (warband rating = 425).

Models could see 9" in the dark cavern.

No unwanted company appeared.

The Wasted all ran forward, 2 fell down in the dark 1st turn (the 2 cabin boys traded off all game, if one didn't fall down the other would!!!)

A crewman finds a simple trap but is not hurt.

Akmed, the nomad scout, goes for a treasure and finds a complex trap – FIRE

He is not wounded by the Strength 5 hit but is set on fire. Capt. Higgins tries to help but it takes 3 turns to put the fire out. Capt. Higgins grabs the treasure. He moves around a little but never does anything else.

(This is going on at the far left side of the picture.)(Barrels are the trap markers)

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 TreasuresofAncients02</A>

[Wasted interlude by Von Kurst

Cap’n Higgins sees Akmed engulfed by a burst of flame. He rushes to help.

“Dude, that was SOOO cool. Man, like you are burning up, man! Oh man, now I got the giggles. Hee, hee, sorry, hee, hee, burning up!”

“Sahib Captain, please be helping my humble self to put out the fire! Aiiiieee!”

“Wow! The flames are so… Wow!”

“Praise the One Sahib! Please to be hurrying, yes?”

“Oh yeah, like I read about this, you know? Like, you are supposed to, um, like, STOP…and um, like it rhymes, like?”]

The Sartosans find a dud trap and a complex trap. A ‘Sandbox’ trap. Falling walls block off the tunnel. Then the room filled with sand.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 TreasuresofAncients01</A>

Half the Sartosans were cut off and have to go around to another tunnel. The trapped henchman never finds the release and was buried with the treasure. He ends up dead, but somehow is looted by the Wasted after the battle.

The Wasted handgunners take aim at an illuminated model but do little. They get shot at a lot by the Sartosans.

(Note fire still going on on the left.)

(Handgunners in the center, shooting in the 1st picture and moving forward in this one.)

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 TreasuresofAncients03</A>

The Wasted advance quickly and charge into the Sartosans.

The Wasted take a 3 wound hero OOA early on and think they have a chance.

The Sartosans keep their distance with most of their crew so they can shoot. Shooting does little for most of the game.

Mrs. Wolfgang takes most of the shots, since she is standing out in the open in the middle of a junction while she shoots her dueling pistol. (Red coat, black hat, blond hair in all the pictures except the 2nd one)

It's only when she starts to move out of the way that she finally was taken OOA.

A Sartosan hero takes out a Wasted crewman (Picture above, just to the right of Mrs. Wolfgang) and then gets ganged up on and taken OOA (picture below).

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 TreasuresofAncients04</A>

</A>The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 TreasuresofAncients05</A>

Then the Sartosan, eagle-eyed, dueling pistol and blunderbuss armed, fear causing hero charges Ship's Mate Lunah. For the Wasted it goes down hill from there. When the other 3-attack strength 5 hero charges in too, taking Shareef, the no-snake snake charmer, OOA, the Wasted flee soon after.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 TreasuresofAncients06</A>

Now Shareef can't look for snakes again!

Post battle:

The Wasted: One veteran crewman is captured and recruited as crew by the Sartosans. Another newer crewman died and is looted for his sword. The survivors return to Al-Haikk.

The Sartosans lose the trapped crewman. His body is looted for his pistol and sword. I think they end up with the cheating merchant.

The Sartosans use the Monkey’s Paw for the last time. They gain another hero (8 heroes!) and more gold. The Curse claims the experience of one of the new heroes. He becomes experience 0 and loses his advances.
Back to top Go down
playtable
Ancient
Ancient
playtable

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Treasures of Toth Amon   The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul 2010 - 6:01

“The Caravan”

by Von Kurst

Rais Haroum rode at the center of the column. The janissary Tariq rode a little ahead and the Turjuk scout led them. Each of the mounted warriors led a camel. Behind them came the rest of the warband on foot. Another camel and 2 mules completed the caravan. The night was clear and mild. Haroum hoped to make good time in the darkness and rest at the Oasis of 1001 Camels during the daylight. But as the trail led between towering pillars of eroded rock the light of their torches reflected dozens of glittering red eyes.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 TheCaravan01</A>

“Ambush!” cried the scout. “Ride through!” ordered Haroum. There were no glittering eyes dead ahead of them, only to the flanks. Naturally the scout’s camel chose that moment to baulk. The beast dug its heels into the sand and refused to move.

As the scout tried to force the animal forward he was plucked from the saddle by a blast of rock and sand fired from a blunderbuss.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 TheCaravan02

His horse fled into the night, but the camel nosed the fallen rider and shook its flanks to lessen the sting of the shot. Then it wandered off as the wounded man stirred.

The column dissolved into a ragged line of struggling men and mutants. Loose camels, rider-less horses and mules plunged from one side of the clearing to the other. Bin Sadaka abandoned his mule to attack a nearby giant rat. Tariq struggled to control his horse after the Censor Bearer killed the camel he led. (The counter represents the dead camel.)

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 TheCaravan03

The Plague Monks pressed their attack. The crazed Censor Bearer struck the next warrior leading a camel. The initiate with the blunderbuss attempted to unhorse Tariq with a wild charge from the south. A lone giant rat leapt upon McFusson. The furious slayer attempted to cut it out of the air with his cutlass but the rat seemed to flip in the air. It avoided the cutlass and ripped the slayer’s throat open. The Plague Priest and Sorcerer rushed past the fallen dwarf. They attacked the rear of the column (Al Bobo, Hassam and Atabeg, who had taken refuge on a rocky, sand blown hill.)

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 TheCaravan04</A>

Rais Haroum rode to Tariq’s aide, but bin Sadaka charged alone into the night screaming curses. The Plague Priest abandoned his minions and charged into the center of the Arabyan line along with the Censor Bearer. The 2 Skaven heroes wrought awful carnage.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 TheCaravan06

Haroum and Tariq struggled to defeat a lone Skaven initiate (WS2, T2). Eventually the poor Ld 5 Skaven fails an All Alone test and is kicked OOA by a horse! In the photo loose camels rush past the combat.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 TheCaravan07

As most of the Arabyans concentrated on capturing loose animals, the Skaven sprang their trap on the frenzied merchant. Bin Sadaka was buried under a biting, slashing mob of monks and giant rats. His torch went out. He was seen no more. The Arabyans responded by destroying the Sorcerer and his minions. The Plague Priest suddenly realized that he and the Censor Bearer fought alone. They fled immediately.

Post Game

The Arabyans had recaptured all of the loose animals by the end of the fight. It would easily be argued that the warriors closest to bin Sadaka should have charged the lone rat along with the frenzied merchant instead of securing mules and camels, but I didn’t recognize the skaven trap. Doh!Garn McFusson fell to a lowly giant rat. His last words were “arrrg!” Aside from the hero and the veteran hired sword, all the human casualties recover from their wounds. Haroum returns to Al-Haikk.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Treasures of Toth Amon   The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul 2010 - 11:18

Post Game for the Pestilens Monks

The Plague Monks suffer the loss of the Sorcerer and another hero. In addition the Sorcerer’s Rat Familiar was killed as well. Clan Pestilens find a handy skaven caravan at the Oasis. They also discover some slaughtered crusaders, which provide needed income in the form of loot.

After a few weeks without a lost hero Chadwicc lost 2 out of the 3 heroes that went OOA.

Most Heroes Killed in the Course of the Campaign Award
Current standings:
Playtable
Total: 11 heroes from 2 warbands
Chadwicc
Total: 10 heroes from 3 warbands
Smalls
Total: 5 heroes from 2 warbands
Back to top Go down
playtable
Ancient
Ancient
playtable

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Treasures of Toth Amon   The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Aug 2010 - 3:46

Week XVI—The Shambling Tread of the Army of the Dead

"Tomb Raid”

As related by Von Kurst with lamentation by Playtable

[Skeptic showed up at the store before I got there. Last week he was late and did not get a game in. This week it would be different. I am unclear as to the circumstance but Playtable maintains he volunteered the Wasted because no one else wished to face the Undead menace.]

The warbands entered the tomb. The Wasted had found a northeastern entrance, but still struggled with the gloom. 2 warriors tripped in the dark (including that wayward adventuress from the far future, the Witch Dancia*). A Tomb Scorpion lurks ahead…

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 TombRaid01</A>

*Dancia looks like a modern martial artist, but Playtable insists she is really a witch. She once disappeared for nearly a complete Lustrian campaign. She was found months later passed out under a table in the main room of the Blow Hole in Sartosa. Curious.

The Fallen advanced from the southwest. Note the Count and his sprinting ghoul friend in the lead… (The counters indicate possible traps, there’s one in Count Marcus’ path.)

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 TombRaid02</A>

Marcus easily avoided the first trap (or it was a dud or it failed to injure or slow him). He and Fester the Fast entered the treasure chamber. In his arrogance and haste Count Marcus tripped a deadly Sandbox trap! (A roll of ‘6’ on an initiative test is an auto fail for us.) Marcus dithered as huge stones sealed the exits and sand began to fill the room. What would he do? How would he keep his next appointment if he were trapped in a sand filled room for the next few centuries? Would he ruin his cape?

Fester noticed a switch cunningly marked “To Open Exits-Press Here” (in ancient Nekharan hieroglyphs). He pressed the release and the ponderous stone blocks ascended into the ceiling again. The sand ceased to flow. As a reward the Count let him carry the heavy end of the treasure chest.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 TombRaid03</A>

Elsewhere in a dim corridor, the curious ogre (?) Minataro II steps on a loose paving stone. CRASH!!! The huge brute plummets into a stake lined pit. He emerges a bit later no worse for wear. (S6 hits, 1s are rolled to wound…The ancients had rubber staked traps for gags).

Seemingly unaware that the Count has already looted the tomb (and nearly lapped his minions), the Wasted march slowly toward the treasure chamber while more of the Fallen move to intercept them.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 TombRaid07</A>

The Wasted press on, but become spread out.

“Cap’un Higgins, sir dude!” cries Fathee, the Spear/Bow Guy, “the treasure is gone! Like, bummer man.”

(Note Minataro resting atop his pit trap counter.)

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 TombRaid09</A>

In the northern passages Wasted scouts search for the treasure room (“its not here, man”), attempt to outflank the Fallen or just huddle in empty passageways and “burn some hemp” as the Wasted say.

The snakeless Snake Charmer suddenly feels the very stones of the corridor tremble. Before he can react the stalking Tomb Scorpion bursts into the corridor through the floor. Shareef pitches into the resulting crater and lies stunned as the Scorpion searches the empty passage above him.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 TombRaid10</A>

The frustrated construct immediately charged after Mrs. Wolfgang. I believe this is the end of the Scorpion.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 TombRaid11</A>

The Wasted are flanked! A Cabin Boy faces a ghoul. The other Cabin Boy shouts encouragement from the rear. “Yeah dude! Get him! Keep your point up, man, like I showed ya! No dude, not like that! Oh dude, that had to hurt…”

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 TombRaid12</A>

Worse things: Count Marko leaves the treasure to dance the tango of death with Fathee (Spear/Bow Guy). Minataro and the Wasted watch in horror as they perform the back-to-back maneuver ‘I-kill-you-without-looking-at-you’.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 TombRaid13</A>

The Cabin Boys last stand.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 TombRaid14</A>

Fathee is gone and it’s the Akmed, the Nomad Scout’s turn. Cap’un Higgins shoots at Minataro. Lunah looks like she doesn’t expect much to come of this…she's right.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 TombRaid15</A>

The Last Cabin Boy. The Blunderbuss Guy killed his man.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 TombRaid18

</A>

</A>

Lots of Fallen are still standing, few Wasted to be seen. We fade to black as the last scream chokes off…

</A>

</A>

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 TombRaid17</A>

Post battle:

The Wasted: Li’l Bubba II is killed. Then he rises up and joins the fallen.

Mrs. Wolfgang is robbed. They find the cheating merchant in the desert.

The Fallen are not impressed with the treasure they fought so hard to capture. I hear no reports of losses (most of the hero zombies didn’t even get to the fight.)

The Fallen find their way to a city to trade. They buy a Lamp of the Djinni and try that out.
Back to top Go down
playtable
Ancient
Ancient
playtable

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Treasures of Toth Amon   The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Aug 2010 - 2:37

Week XVI—The Shambling Tread of the Army of the Dead

"The Tomb of Toth Amon”

True events reported by Von Kurst

[Chadwicc had the lowest warband rating hands down, but I won the roll for the location of the battle and played a clue to set up another expedition into the burial chamber.]

The Tomb.

The Sartosans approached from the southeast. There were few rooms in their area of the dungeon but there was a fairly direct path to the lower entrance to the burial chamber. The skaven can be seen off to the northeast. The groups of barrels represent the entry points for the tomb’s guardians (they are numbered. I have a hard time keeping a set of number counters around, so this time it was barrels. Harder to lose.). A single barrel represents a possible trap.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 0729201001</A>

The Faithful.

Haroum led the Faithful back into the nighted depths. Despite their map they seemed to be following a different passage. Haroum shrugged. Without bin Sadaka, McFusson or even the Witch of Ghut to consult, he had little recourse but to push on and hope for the best. He turned to the hulking bulk beside him and gestured toward the eastern passage with his sword, “Through there I think. Lead on.”

“Ya, Boss Rais.” The ogre stomped confidently ahead into the gloom. Haroum had abandoned scholarship and stealth. He had spent his dinars on muscle and brute force. Haroum followed the ogre quickly to keep it within the pool of light cast by his torch.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 0729201002</A>

They had not gone far when suddenly the ogre halted in a doorway. “Ded uns!” It reported. Almost immediately the passageway echoed with the ogre’s thunderous battle cries and the ring of steel on steel. Because of the ogre’s bulk the rest of the warband could do little but grip their weapons and watch for other entrances. As they waited a messenger arrived from Atabeg’s column to inform the Rais that a large group of undead soldiers had been encountered. The messenger refused to return with a reply.

Atabeg.

They had made good time. Atabeg was heading for what appeared on his map to be two large rooms that led to the base of the Central Stair. Atabeg anticipated rich treasures in such large spaces. Instead the dog of a Sartosan on point reported the sound of marching feet approaching.

“There are many Master, we can not face them here!”

“You are wise. Watch for them for a moment more and the One will reward you.” Atabeg ordered. “The rest of you with me!”

The group moved into a side passage that angled toward the east. Atabeg and his men moved quickly in the hopes that they could soon rejoin the Rais. Prudently Atabeg made sure that he led. The bulk of his force remained between him and the sound of pursuit.

Soon he could hear the sound of the ogre’s footsteps approaching. Atabeg moved eagerly through a doorway and came face to skull with a tattered guardsman. Atabeg dropped his torch to draw his sword. His whip had no effect on the dead soldier and he was too slow to draw his sword. The veteran mate fell with a scream.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 0729201003</A>

In a moment the ogre had defeated his attacker and Tariq and the veteran Hadj had avenged Atabeg, but the damage was done.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 0729201006</A>

Interlude.

The Sartosans advance unopposed.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 0729201008</A>

Until they encounter the Plague Monks. A lone Sartosan hero kills an initiate hero who was supported by a minion. In a treasure room nearby the Blunderbuss Rat claims the Scarab of Seth.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 0729201010</A>

The Plague Monks trigger a trap! Toth Amon awakes! The Sartosans encounter difficulty. Because they had been unopposed, the Sartosans are the closest threat to the ancient sorcerer. The pirates are assailed by waves of guardians supported by Toth Amon, his bound Djinni and an Ushabti!

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 0729201011</A>

Toth Amon’s minions pressed the pirates slowly back as the Djinni and the sorcerer blast them with foul magics.

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 0729201012</A>

Haroum.

The Rais was trapped behind the bulk of the ogre. Then the great brute roared and pitched to the side. Two tomb guardians stood blocking the door with rusting blades.

Haroum attacked one of them. As he fought one he could see other skeletal soldiers fighting Tariq inside the room.

The battle at the door seemed to last forever, but in reality was over in seconds. Both guardians fell and finally Haroum and his men were able to enter the room. There a skeletal priest was directing still more skeletons and mummified corpses to attack his men. The battle for the room was joined!

The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 0729201013</A>

The fight seesawed back and forth across the small chamber. The priest cut down the Nomad Scout, but eventually even the priest was destroyed. It seemed that the attention that had blocked them had shifted focus perhaps. No new horrors appeared from out of the darkness to challenge them.

But it was literally too late. The store was closing.

The Plague Monks had fled. The Skaven had been able to loot a good portion of the dungeon without opposition. They lost a hero to the Sartosans, but then the Sartosans were forced to pull back by the undead.

Then the Skaven Sorcerer happened to trip while running down a dark corridor. Suddenly a mummy appeared out of a side room and killed the helpless sorcerer! Other mummies attacked the Plague Priest himself. It was too much.

Post battle:

The Plague Monks lost another 2 heroes! They may have suffered more, but the heroes were enough.

The Sartosans garnered little treasure on this trip to the tomb. They lost 2 or 3 henchmen, 2 were captured by the Arabyans and became slaves.

The Arabyans lost Atabeg. Late in the battle the warrior Aman discovered a cloak in a small antechamber. On closer inspection it was revealed to be a Cloak of the Dunes.

The battle was declared a draw. Once again the Tomb kept the invaders from its most valuable treasures.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Treasures of Toth Amon   The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Aug 2010 - 5:22

YET ANOTHER FINE SWASHBUCKLING ADVENTURE, backed up by some GREAT PHOTOS! The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
playtable
Ancient
Ancient
playtable

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Treasures of Toth Amon   The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Aug 2010 - 1:20

Week 17
Wasted Privateers vs Clan Pestilence

Capture the Oasis
Night (I forget the sight distances), clear weather, Unwanted Company = 3 – Turjuk Raiders
The Skaven came from the West.
The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 CapturetheOasis01-1</A>

The Wasted from the East.
The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 CapturetheOasis02-1</A>

Two of the Raiders charged in after the Skaven’s first move.
The third shot at the Wasted.
The skaven swarm the raiders, who fell easily, but not before the Censer Bearer clobbered himself, got knocked down, and lost his frenzy.
The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 CapturetheOasis03-1</A>

Then the 3rd raider sees the skaven and charges into them.
While the skaven are occupied fighting the raiders, the Wasted have been rushing forward.
The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 CapturetheOasis04</A>

The Wasted shoot and swarm the skaven, who can’t get good dice rolls, now down to just 3 models.
The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 CapturetheOasis05</A>
When the skaven get down to 1 model the game is called.

Since it was a very fast game and the last game of the Toth Amon campaign, the Wasted, feeling guilty smashing rats so easily, suggest the game start over as if it had never been played.
We decided to leave the terrain alone to save time.

Capture the Oasis II
Night, clear weather, Unwanted Company = 3 – Turjuk Raiders
The weather and unwanted company was rolled again and we got the same result and the same number of raiders too. What are the odds?

This time two raiders go after the Wasted.
They all fall easily. You would think that with a 4+ save they would last a while but it was not to be with either game.
The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 CapturetheOasisII01</A>

One raider goes after the skaven and dies quickly.
The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 CapturetheOasisII02</A>

For a change of pace, the Wasted stand and shoot at the scurrying Skaven as they run towards them.
The Wasted also set up 2 blunderbuss shots and wait for the right moment.
While the forward element of rats is fought, one blunderbuss goes left and one goes right.The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 CapturetheOasisII03</A>

The result is devastating for the Skaven and spells their doom.
One henchman, a hero and the hero shaman are taken OOA with the 2 shots.
The survivors are shot some more with crossbow, pistol, and handguns.
The bad lucked Clan Pestilence can fight no more. Poor recovery rolls all campaign are the main reason for the loss.
Plagued with more heroes dieing than any other warband the skaven disband.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Treasures of Toth Amon   The Treasures of Toth Amon - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Treasures of Toth Amon
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next