Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Treasures in Empire in Flames

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thirsty and miserable
Warrior
Warrior
thirsty and miserable

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

Treasures in Empire in Flames  Empty
PostSubject: Treasures in Empire in Flames    Treasures in Empire in Flames  Icon_minitimeWed 7 Aug 2013 - 2:02

I've been creeping on this forum for a few months now getting back into Mordheim. So greeting all.

Anyway I've been doing some reading and in a few scenarios and/or the Exploration phase in Empire in Flames and even in the main rule book I believe it says the war band is awarded (x)amount of treasures. I've scoured the books and can't find any explanation on what exactly a "treasure" is. Is it a shard of wyrdstone or do you get to pick an item from the trading section. If its random are there any tables for it. Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Treasures in Empire in Flames    Treasures in Empire in Flames  Icon_minitimeWed 7 Aug 2013 - 2:42

Welcome aboard!

If you have a copy of the Empire in Flames rules the explanation for treasures is found in as a subsection of Rules for the Wilderness titled appropriately, "Treasures" . This was first published in TC#24.

Treasures is a generic term that equals the Mordheim Wyrdstone shard as you thought it might. The same is true of any of the other non-City of Mordheim settings, although the Lustria: Cities of Gold sometimes uses the term "artifacts" which is even more confusing for new or literal minded players.
Back to top Go down
thirsty and miserable
Warrior
Warrior
thirsty and miserable

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Treasures in Empire in Flames    Treasures in Empire in Flames  Icon_minitimeWed 7 Aug 2013 - 8:26

Von Kurst thanks I thought I read that somewhere but was unable to locate it.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Treasures in Empire in Flames    Treasures in Empire in Flames  Icon_minitimeWed 7 Aug 2013 - 8:41

Welcome. Yeah VK is correct.

I've toyed with the idea of playing a campaign where treasures, artifacts, wyrdstone and cargo are all treated differently. They would all have the same base value if sold so for a pure conversion to gold crowns they are equal. However, wyrdstone shards can be tested for special powers as per "Power in the Stones" while cargo can be opened as per "Sartosa". This obviously adds an extra level of book keeping but I thought it would be fun adding further variety to the rewards offered by scenarios albeit with some risks associated with those rewards.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Treasures in Empire in Flames    Treasures in Empire in Flames  Icon_minitimeWed 21 Aug 2013 - 3:48

Quote :
I've toyed with the idea of playing a campaign where treasures, artifacts, wyrdstone and cargo are all treated differently.
I would wager that such an idea would be possible in a Marienburg campaign.

I just realized that we sort of do a similar thing in the Karribean, although we only have cargo, treasure and the pesky 'artifacts', since all reference to wyrdstone is converted to treasure, cargo or artifacts depending on where you find it. Of those only cargo has any special rule associated with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Treasures in Empire in Flames    Treasures in Empire in Flames  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Treasures in Empire in Flames
Page 1 of 1