Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Tabletop Scenery

Go down 
+83
IngoisTâ„¢
Yodhrin
NoisyAssassin
Quase
Kev
Lion01
gnorhk
wanna993
chris_valera
Ninja Goblin
Vagabond
drakkol
neuh
Captain Bernhardt
Dreng Tromm
FKSN
HellspawN
theomar pius
havre
utu
Pervavita
Paboook
shanks
floedebolle
JoaoS
Theorox
Tintin
Grimscull
Figgy
Mephysto
Speckie
superscenic
vampirekhaine
Kapitan_Hak
Boreas_NL
Von Kurst
Pirexian
HarryMason
SeiFeR-NL
Nastyogre
mweaver
Mr.chair
No Time
HornedRat
Gobbo Freak
abhorsen950
Nurgle's Bratwurst Bugle
tomogui
Ash
Drugart
Tewfik
Maikacir
Coon
dragonmw7
AlexBware
Agger
Skavenblight
dalanshin
Svenn
Jaquemart
Popmouth
Admin Tom
Dalia
WarbossKurgan
Mordheimer
Paluke
Da Bank
melvino$
Zulu
Alcaeus
Lord Xi
Identity
_si_
Duce
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Ezekiel
matt
Eliazar
DeafNala
Chad
cianty
Pfreck
Tabletop World
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Ancient
Ancient
Lanyssa Ryssyll

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: None

Tabletop Scenery - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tabletop Scenery   Tabletop Scenery - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2009 - 14:55

Tabletop World wrote:
Lanyssa Ryssyll wrote:
I hope I'll recieve my inn and my forge soon !!! bounce
I'm so excited to paint them Razz

It left Croatia 5 days ago according to our postal tracking service, it should be in France allready, expect it soon Cool

Not recieved yet, I'll wait (sometimes it takes such a long time from USA, so why not with Croatia? silent ).

I like the new building, a little less "medieval", more old urban. And it could be more challenging to add the "removable roof" at this piece, couldn't it? Razz
Back to top Go down
Tabletop World
Veteran
Veteran
Tabletop World

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop Scenery   Tabletop Scenery - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009 - 21:54

Dalia wrote:
Very nice, is the roof can moving? on the first pic, if yes i buy it Smile

Thanks!
Not sure about the roof yet. We'll think about it.

Admin Tom wrote:
I have read the interview on Cianty's page a while ago, and of course I checked out your fantastic website.

I just wanted to take a minute to express my long overdue kudos to you guys at Tabletop world!

Fantastic
job on the buildings! You are truly bringing a whole new dimension into
medieval urban scenery, and I think it is safe to say your buildings
are among the best (if not THE best) I have seen on the web.

Thank you for uploading and keeping our community up to date so closely!
It is a priviledge to have you guys aboard Wink

Hvala!

PS:
I checked out your location in Croatia, which was given on your
website. I will be driving to Murter (near Split) at the end of June
and Cikovici is almost exactly on my way! (close to the A7 Highway).
Maybe, if I have the time I'll seize the opportunity to pop in for a
little surprise visit geek (if that is okay with you of course) Wink

Thank you very much Tom, we really appreciate it!
It's our pleasure to be on this great forum and to have such a positive feedback from you guys!
It's a big motivation for us.
Feel free to drop by any time! Wink
Murter is a beautiful island. Don't forget to visit Kornati when you are there! It's a must-see!!!

Cheers!

Lanyssa Ryssyll wrote:
Tabletop World wrote:
Lanyssa Ryssyll wrote:
I hope I'll recieve my inn and my forge soon !!! bounce
I'm so excited to paint them Razz

It left Croatia 5 days ago according to our postal tracking service, it should be in France allready, expect it soon Cool

Not recieved yet, I'll wait (sometimes it takes such a long time from USA, so why not with Croatia? silent ).

I
like the new building, a little less "medieval", more old urban. And it
could be more challenging to add the "removable roof" at this piece,
couldn't it? Razz

We'll think about making the roof removable.

We are glad you finally received our package. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.tabletop-world.com
Tabletop World
Veteran
Veteran
Tabletop World

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop Scenery   Tabletop Scenery - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 24 May 2009 - 10:08

Hello guys!

The Noble's Town House is finally finished.
Here are the pictures:

Tabletop Scenery - Page 5 NoblesTownHouse1
Tabletop Scenery - Page 5 NoblesTownHouse2
Tabletop Scenery - Page 5 NoblesTownHouse3

Tell us what you think.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop Scenery   Tabletop Scenery - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 24 May 2009 - 10:21

That's a VERY pretty piece; BEAUTIFULLY painted! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop Scenery   Tabletop Scenery - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 24 May 2009 - 12:39

Sweeet! Very nice!

This is definately not the most impressive building I have ever seen but it is a perfectly well done small building, which is great for many reasons. Having such a building in your range is a huge plus. For 30 EUR it is very tempting to just add it to an order. I like having many building and I can very well imagine a board crowded with your buildings, with small alleyways where models wait behind corners, hiding from the city guards, ...

I kinda like the gargoyle-style emblem. Very flavourful; but I do hope it is removable for the sake of having a more "historical" version? The painting is perfect as usual. You can easily tell it's a "Tabletop World" building as you sure have a recognizable style. I like that.

My only critique (which you may consider unapplicable) is that it is too small. Sure, that's the whole idea behind it, but I am a fan of "proper" houses. For a small town house it is probably okay and appropriate. What I find not so perfect is the name, because the building is definately not what I expect from a Noble's Town House. That would be something more pompous, huge, impressive. For an average folk's town house, however, it is really nice.

You guys sure are working your way up to the top of 28mm wargames fantasy/medieval buildings manufacturers. Having a huge range is important for that. In fact, I can't think of anyone offering better or just more buildings than you guys... Pardulon have a different kind of buildings (which I don't quite like - but their accessories are top-notch); Resina Planet effectively have only one, maybe two, proper buildings; Forge World's buildings are superb and unusual (bloomery? WTF?!) but their range is rather small; Stronghold Terrain have a few very nice houses, but you will soon outnumber all those ranges with at least equal quality products. I very much look forward to your next projects - and I hope they'll be more in the category of the inn or blacksmith's forge.

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Tabletop World
Veteran
Veteran
Tabletop World

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop Scenery   Tabletop Scenery - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 24 May 2009 - 14:35

Thanks a lot DeafNala!

cianty wrote:
Sweeet! Very nice!

This is definately not the most impressive building I have ever seen but it is a perfectly well done small building, which is great for many reasons. Having such a building in your range is a huge plus. For 30 EUR it is very tempting to just add it to an order. I like having many building and I can very well imagine a board crowded with your buildings, with small alleyways where models wait behind corners, hiding from the city guards, ...

I kinda like the gargoyle-style emblem. Very flavourful; but I do hope it is removable for the sake of having a more "historical" version? The painting is perfect as usual. You can easily tell it's a "Tabletop World" building as you sure have a recognizable style. I like that.

My only critique (which you may consider unapplicable) is that it is too small. Sure, that's the whole idea behind it, but I am a fan of "proper" houses. For a small town house it is probably okay and appropriate. What I find not so perfect is the name, because the building is definately not what I expect from a Noble's Town House. That would be something more pompous, huge, impressive. For an average folk's town house, however, it is really nice.

You guys sure are working your way up to the top of 28mm wargames fantasy/medieval buildings manufacturers. Having a huge range is important for that. In fact, I can't think of anyone offering better or just more buildings than you guys... Pardulon have a different kind of buildings (which I don't quite like - but their accessories are top-notch); Resina Planet effectively have only one, maybe two, proper buildings; Forge World's buildings are superb and unusual (bloomery? WTF?!) but their range is rather small; Stronghold Terrain have a few very nice houses, but you will soon outnumber all those ranges with at least equal quality products. I very much look forward to your next projects - and I hope they'll be more in the category of the inn or blacksmith's forge.

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

Thanx Cianty!
We love constructive advices and always take them in consideration.
The thing is:
Nobility
is a historical, social and often legal notion, distinct from
socio-economic status which is mainly based on income and possessions.
Being wealthy or influential does not automatically make one a noble,
nor are all nobles wealthy and influential (aristocratic families have
lost their fortunes in various ways, and the concept of the 'poor
nobleman' is almost as old as nobility itself).
Wikipedia
However...we think that the most people will agree with your observations so we've decided to rename the building into: Merchant's House and we'll save the name "Noble's Town House" for something bigger. Tabletop Scenery - Page 5 Beer

No, the relief is not removable, it's a part of the facade. But then again...everything is removable if you have proper tools. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop Scenery   Tabletop Scenery - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 24 May 2009 - 14:51

In a medieval fantasy setting I think it is safe to assume that a noble's house would be something big, even if theoretically a noble family doesn't have to be super wealthy (especially nowadays). Gotta ride with the clichés sometimes. But in the end it's up to you, of course. If you make a not-so-pompous noble house then that's what it is. I just stated my initial reaction, especially since I think many others will share it. Anyways, now I'm really curious how the noble house will look. Smile

EDIT: Personally I think Merchant's House does fit the building a lot better, so thumbsup for that. The house doesn't look like the average peasant's shack so it definately fits. Also kudos for adjusting the website so quickly. Smile
Back to top Go down
Popmouth
Ancient
Ancient
Popmouth

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Kislevites Kislevites

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop Scenery   Tabletop Scenery - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009 - 1:02

Really really nice Noble house there - you must be quite happy
Back to top Go down
Tabletop World
Veteran
Veteran
Tabletop World

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop Scenery   Tabletop Scenery - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009 - 20:48

We have started to make a Chaos Warband for a commission. The customer gave us specific pointers:
He wanted diseased and decayed look. Lots of exposed flesh (muscle, brain) and even bone
(on the knee and the jaw), bandages, boils... The model is wearing thorn up renaissance clothes (empire style). Armed with wooden bow tipped with metal. Of course there will be separate details
like maces and sheaths of arrows which one will be able to glue on the model.

Tabletop Scenery - Page 5 COC

It will be available for the public.

C&C will be appreciated.

TW
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop Scenery   Tabletop Scenery - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2009 - 22:38

This looks great! Pretty sick with all the skin, muscles etc. I really want to see it painted so I can better judge it.

I do wonder though: This is a Zombie (and it's not your fault - it is what was requested) and all the decayed stuff isn't much Chaos. Yeah, somewhat nurglish... but seeing this mini definately doesn't bring "Chaos" to my mind. scratch
Back to top Go down
Jaquemart
Champion
Champion
Jaquemart

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop Scenery   Tabletop Scenery - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009 - 1:21

cianty wrote:
This looks great! Pretty sick with all the skin, muscles etc. I really want to see it painted so I can better judge it.

I do wonder though: This is a Zombie (and it's not your fault - it is what was requested) and all the decayed stuff isn't much Chaos. Yeah, somewhat nurglish... but seeing this mini definately doesn't bring "Chaos" to my mind. scratch

Close but no cigar.

Tis the Carnival of Chaos. The current GW ones sucked a bit IMO and I've always wanted a handful of really unique little characters, so I figured I could splash out.

Once again TW, you guys are superb sculptors!
Back to top Go down
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Ancient
Ancient
Lanyssa Ryssyll

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop Scenery   Tabletop Scenery - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009 - 8:54

Yeah, IMHO this mini will be pretty close from the spirit of carnival of Chaos, but there's a lack of "cartoonish" details Wink
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop Scenery   Tabletop Scenery - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009 - 8:54

Alright... so it is Nurgle indeed. And this also explains the bow which I definately don't associate with Chaos warbands. Alright, how many more can we expect? Some cool Ringmaster? Plaguebearers?
Back to top Go down
Chad
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Chad

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop Scenery   Tabletop Scenery - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009 - 10:59

Incredible! I had pretty much the same reaction as Cianty, then read the comments, and am thinking along the same lines as him: more!
Back to top Go down
Jaquemart
Champion
Champion
Jaquemart

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop Scenery   Tabletop Scenery - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009 - 12:19

4 More Brethren. 2 of which with bows and two of which with crude maces. Having now had a good view of TW's abilities I'm hoping to order up a couple of Strongmen, two Tainted Ones, two Plaguebearers and finally the Carnival Master.

A Plague Cart could be in the future...

I've got to pay my respect to the TW guys, they are meticulous with the brief and give some fantastic input, not to mention the stunning finished product.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop Scenery   Tabletop Scenery - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009 - 12:35

VERY NICE in a kind of appropriately disgusting sort of way. I REALLY like the tattered Empire/Renaissance finery. You ARE a VERY talented crew. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Ancient
Ancient
Lanyssa Ryssyll

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop Scenery   Tabletop Scenery - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009 - 14:15

Jaquemart wrote:
4 More Brethren. 2 of which with bows and two of which with crude maces. Having now had a good view of TW's abilities I'm hoping to order up a couple of Strongmen, two Tainted Ones, two Plaguebearers and finally the Carnival Master.

I've got to pay my respect to the TW guys, they are meticulous with the brief and give some fantastic input, not to mention the stunning finished product.

What a great project ! bounce
I'm waiting a lot the Brutes and Tainted Ones, I don't like the GW ones (even if I had them Embarassed ).
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop Scenery   Tabletop Scenery - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009 - 15:51

Tabletop World wrote:
We have started to make a Chaos Warband for a commission. The customer gave us specific pointers:
He wanted diseased and decayed look. Lots of exposed flesh (muscle, brain) and even bone
(on the knee and the jaw), bandages, boils... The model is wearing thorn up renaissance clothes (empire style). Armed with wooden bow tipped with metal. Of course there will be separate details
like maces and sheaths of arrows which one will be able to glue on the model.
You do commissions? How much does something like that cost?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tabletopgeeks.com
Tabletop World
Veteran
Veteran
Tabletop World

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop Scenery   Tabletop Scenery - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009 - 16:47

Thank you all very much!

Jaquemart wrote:

Thanks Jaquemart, we do try to create models you will like. You gave us great descriptions. I have ideas in my head for future Brethrens, they'll look pretty ugly Laughing Hope you'll like 'em.

Svenn wrote:

You do commissions? How much does something like that cost?

Yes, we do Smile Contact us at order@tabletop-world.com for info about the prices for any idea of yours. This model is a set of 5 and the price for sculpting one is 39€.

Last edited by Tabletop World on Wed 27 May 2009 - 17:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Trading Reputation : 12

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop Scenery   Tabletop Scenery - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009 - 17:24

Tabletop World wrote:
the price for sculpting one is 39€.

Wow... that is pretty cheap, considering the work that goes into scultping. I know of a guy who offers sculpting (admittedly, his sculpts are top quality) and he doesn't do anything below €150-200 a model.

But then again, this is the price of the "green". Do you guys then actually cast your models and sell the cast at €39?

[EDIT]: I completely forgot to mention that I think the sculpt is great! I have no problem at all with decaying/zombie-esque chaos brethren. I think in mordheim, it is perfectly acceptable to have leprous Chaos cultists. If you can have tentacles, mutations, nurglings etc, why not corrupted humans that closely resemble zombies?

Good job TW!

Last edited by Admin Tom on Wed 27 May 2009 - 17:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://boringmordheimblog.blogspot.com
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop Scenery   Tabletop Scenery - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009 - 17:25

Admin Tom wrote:
Tabletop World wrote:
the price for sculpting one is 39€.

Wow... that is pretty cheap, considering the work that goes into scultping. I know of a guy who offers sculpting (admittedly, his sculpts are top quality) and he doesn't do anything below €150-200 a model.

But then again, this is the price of the "green". Do you guys then actually cast your models and sell the cast at €39?

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Maybe one day when I'm rich....
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop Scenery   Tabletop Scenery - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009 - 17:27

Well, Svenn, consider that when you buy the green you also buy the rights to reproduce the miniature.

So technically, the artist is the one with the lowest win margin by far.

If you buy the green, cast the mini and sell it (and provided business is good) you are the one making the long term profit. Sell 10 minis and you have your €150 back. Now imagine selling 1000/day like GW.

Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop Scenery   Tabletop Scenery - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009 - 17:30

Admin Tom wrote:
Well, Svenn, consider that when you buy the green you also buy the rights to reproduce the miniature.

So technically, the artist is the one with the lowest win margin by far.

If you buy the green, cast the mini and sell it (and provided business is good) you are the one making the long term profit. Sell 10 minis and you have your €150 back. Now imagine selling 1000/day like GW.

Yeah, that makes sense. I was just thinking about buying something unique for yourself rather than commissioning something that you could reproduce and sell. Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop Scenery   Tabletop Scenery - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009 - 17:36

Svenn wrote:

I was just thinking about buying something unique for yourself rather than commissioning something that you could reproduce and sell. Smile

Of course, absolutely. But of course the artist is selling you the potential to reproduce it (since the piece is unique, and he loses any trace of it as soon as it leaves his hands) and thus this has to be reflected in the price.

Plus, I imagine it must take weeks to finish a high quality sculpt. I can't really do the math since I am not much of a sculptor myself, but I am sure it is underpaid if you take the price per hour. Just my guess.

DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop Scenery   Tabletop Scenery - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2009 - 17:40

Tabletop World wrote:
It will be available for the public.TW

Doesn't sound like you get repro rights to moi. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tabletop Scenery   Tabletop Scenery - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tabletop Scenery
Page 5 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next