Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP

Go down 
+9
Theorox
Tagnator
robh
Gatlag Stonetooth
Harrocks
Rhydderch
Codsticker
DeafNala
PJB
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
PJB
Veteran
Veteran
PJB

Trading Reputation : 0

PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP   PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2020 - 12:43

Hey guys, thanks for ur replies. Jep, im Kinda happy with the casting result by now, i hope it will work at the actuall building.

Ellegaard wrote:
Terrific terrain! Incredible stonework. Very inspiring! I have to try to create platforms like that - it looks awesome, and gives the table a whole new life. I love the irregular shapes of them, it’s very organic; my idea for my own board was to just create square platforms, like the ones the GW studio seems to have used, but yours are actually much cooler. Great job!

I really can recommend to do some platforms. I had the feeling my scenery looked kind of dead before. Just some buildings on a flat surface. With some platforms, it gets really modular quickly. With just some platforms, wich are compared to buildings are way less work, the modularity of the gaming table is rising!!!

I hoping to have a game with the platforms soon, to see how they are working out in-game.
Back to top Go down
PJB
Veteran
Veteran
PJB

PostSubject: Re: PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP   PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2020 - 18:43

Hey guys, small update.

As lockdown got a bit more open, we had the a chance to have a game on my table Smile (Actually we tried Frostgrave, instead of Mordheim).

The other player told me that he understands, that i want to put all scenery on the board that i have, but i actually was disappointed by all the stuff, haha.

We found a nice way of keeping minitures on roof tops and other places where they can't stand: just put some sticky play-dough under it. Almost no stains on the scenery. Worked well for me.

As i was so much into the game, forgot to take pictures.

Just 2 Snapshots that i can show here:

PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Image_15

PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Image_14

What do u think? I like stuffing tables with terrain. Have allot of cover and different movement possibilites Smile Also i like the different levels with the walkways and stuff.

And i painted up my wooden crates and treasure chest castings, for the game last night, to have some scatter terrain oll over the place Smile

The pics I posted already in the Challenge:
PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Image_17

A close Up of the better castings:

PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Image_16

And i really need to re-paint the base-board. I can't see the ugly brown anymore haha.

EDIT: Typos...
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP   PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2020 - 18:48

OUTSTANDING! It looks WONDERFUL all together. Your creations have a tremendous amount of personality. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Ellegaard
Champion
Champion
Ellegaard

PostSubject: Re: PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP   PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2020 - 20:07

Wow, that’s a truly incredible board. I love it! So much character, so vivid, really imaginative! Congratulations - especially to your friends who get to play on such an amazing terrain!

How is Frostgrave, by the way?
Back to top Go down
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP   PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2020 - 9:17

The board looks amazing togheter PJB! Awesome work Smile It's very cool to see your unique style of buildings next to all your other terrain, it works out great! Smile
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

Trading Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP   PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2020 - 15:54

Always great to see game pics PJB: your table looks fantastic- nice and dense!
Back to top Go down
PJB
Veteran
Veteran
PJB

PostSubject: Re: PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP   PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 2 Jun 2020 - 17:35

Hey Guys,

so a small update:

So i finally managed to get a casting of my litte house. Puhhh... time to make the bulidung 10%, time and effort to figure out casting: 90%

The shape of the building was too complex, next time i should make a square building or just split a more complex shape into different parts.

But here is the result of the first cast:

PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Img_1510
PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Img_1511

And after our last game we had the idea of having a "underground" level, so i wanted to make a small test-cave-thing.
The clay broke a bit while drying, but i did'nt mind:

PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Img_1510
PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Img_1513

And we had the idea of making a triangle table to have balanced 3 Player games, without having some one "sandwiched" on a square table. The long-sides are 30 inch. It basically a triangle with 3 times 60° corners, wich got cut of at the end. It was kind a challenging to remember geometry classes from school, haha.

It might be a little small for mordheim, will work for frostgrave. And maybe they wil work as platforms as well.

PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Gleich10

And the amazing entry of tagnator in the may forum challenge gave me both: courage and inspiration, to finish this tree.
As i loved the super well painted owl that he(?) put on his scenery, i made some birds as well.
And some mushrooms to pay my respect to Deafnala Smile

PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Img_1512

Ellegaard wrote:

"How is Frostgrave, by the way?"

Obviously developed from mordheim. Its definitly worth a try. It feels more modern, and fast paced, and its still alive. Core mechaniques feel fast and simple. Easy to learn.

Scenery and NPCs are a big part of the game, so it does inspire to make specific terrain pieces. Movement rules a really dynamic, so u can build messy tables, without slowing down the game.  Rulebook is for free by now (Covid-19) at  publisher webstore.

The campaign-mode seems nice, and less frustrating. It seemed to have a lack of complexicity at first, but if, just for game speed. And there is some depth at the second view.

It was way more esay to find players, way more newbie friendly. So gooing for mordheim style with other gameplay is my way by now.
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

PostSubject: Re: PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP   PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 3 Jun 2020 - 18:32

A whole bunch of good looking terrain here! Laid out as a full board it's especially grand -- & looking at all the stone platforms, I realise you've basically got a wharf or dock ready to go as well...
Back to top Go down
PJB
Veteran
Veteran
PJB

PostSubject: Re: PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP   PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Sep 2020 - 13:10

Hey Guys,

havn't been arround much, sorry. I actually spend most time, playing some games on my table, and having fun with the modular terrain, building different scenarios. Works quite well.

So I was'nt doint much scenery, but i started to go into digital scultping. To make some own minis, as I never got any result making 28mm minis in Greenstuff. I did a Goblin before and got it 3d printed, and by now im trying an orc. Can`t wait to finish him and see the printed mini.

PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Orki3_10
PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Orki2110
PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Orki5_10

Im still learning the software... and the scultping... by now Im struggeling with his pants and his hands... I guess i will hide the hands with some armor. But it's quite allot of fun to do, but also time consuming.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP   PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 21 Sep 2020 - 13:17

Hands are a difficult thing to sculpt. He is LOOKIN' GOOD! SPLENDID WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Tha Tall One
Captain
Captain
Tha Tall One

PostSubject: Re: PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP   PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Oct 2020 - 10:06

Looking good! I really like the tunnel, it is very atmospheric. The tree turned out great as well!
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP   PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan 2021 - 22:06

Fantastic scenery, it was actually because of your platforms that i started my set few weeks ago, great job!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
PJB
Veteran
Veteran
PJB

PostSubject: Re: PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP   PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jan 2021 - 16:46

Thanks allot guys, im kind a stopped making scenery, more focusing on playing games now.

@floedebolle Das ehrt mich sehr Smile Thanks, jeah these platforms made out of some houses a highly modular gaming table. Totally different set ups every time. I can highly recommend such platform things.

I should do more bridges and archways. But by now im not fining the patience to sit down and do something carefully.
Back to top Go down
PJB
Veteran
Veteran
PJB

PostSubject: Re: PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP   PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2021 - 11:57

Hey guys, it has been a while, since i posted. Basically i had kinda enough scenery to actually set up various and modular tables. First time in my Tabletop career. (But still no paintend minis, haha). So i kinda slowed down on making secenery. And I somehow startet to look into digital modelling and tryied to learn how to handle the software.

But last days i was in the mood to model withput a computer, so made this little hut, by now its already coated in latex, to make another mold for casting. :DDD

PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Pjb_to10

PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Pfb_to10

EDIT:

This is of course inspired and encouraged by our master: DeafNala!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP   PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2021 - 13:11

That is a CHARMING & BEAUTIFULLY crafted little cottage. VERY LWELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
PJB
Veteran
Veteran
PJB

PostSubject: Re: PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP   PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 23 May 2021 - 17:58

Thx DeafNala, u truley encouraged me to make things a litte bit more "dreamish".
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP   PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 24 May 2021 - 13:58

I am happy to be of service, PJB! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP   PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 25 May 2021 - 9:32

Cool looking hut PJB! Smile
Back to top Go down
PJB
Veteran
Veteran
PJB

PostSubject: Re: PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP   PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jun 2021 - 14:19

Thx, tagnator.

So i kinda forgot, about the hut, for over a week, so i think now its kinda wasted, but maybe i can save it.

I was actually in a rush to make a small gaming table for Post-Apoklyptic and Sci Fi, cuz we had a game of Gaslands. So its kinda Off-topic, but i post it anyway.

Here are some snapshots from the gaslands table that i made i a rush, and forgot about the mordheim hut Very Happy

PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Gaslan10
PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Gaslan11
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP   PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 4 Jun 2021 - 17:11

That is a fine looking Post Apocalypse gaming board. VERY NICELY DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

PostSubject: Re: PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP   PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Jul 2021 - 13:45

Ooo, agreed, that's a very good reason to have not finished another project. Nice work! Plus, what hobbyist ever really finishes a project?
Back to top Go down
PJB
Veteran
Veteran
PJB

PostSubject: Re: PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP   PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Jan 2022 - 13:32

Hey guys,

it has been a bite latley. Because i mostly started to use the pandemic and lockdowns to learn 3d sculpting and printing. Its allot of fun, and the objects are easy to reproduce etc. I produce allot of data while learning, but i actually don't finish that much. But here is one tiny thing i sculpted and painted just before Xmas.

PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Bildsc10

PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Img_5410PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Img_5412
PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Img_5411

Happy new year my dear boring mordheimers!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP   PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Jan 2022 - 17:42

The prints painted SPLENDIDLY. Very Nicely DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP   PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 8 Jan 2022 - 3:01

Looks fantastic!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
PJB
Veteran
Veteran
PJB

PostSubject: Re: PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP   PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jan 2022 - 21:11

thx guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP   PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PJB's Scenery and Tabletop Terrain WIP
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next