Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Empire model alternative?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
whisper2053
Captain
Captain
whisper2053

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

Empire model alternative? Empty
PostSubject: Empire model alternative?   Empire model alternative? Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jun 2017 - 23:06

I'm working on putting together a Nuln Gunners warband and have run into a wall. Anyone out there have any suggestions for a model to represent the warband's Instructor with a hand-held mortar? I've been searching and thus far haven't seen anything even remotely close, so...help! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Empire model alternative?   Empire model alternative? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jun 2017 - 0:10

There is a bit with what is now called the "Freeguild Outriders" that represents a handheld mortar. Can be seen here on the champion:
https://www.games-workshop.com/de-DE/Schützenreiter-des-Imperiums
You should have no hard time finding it on ebay bitzshops, but you got to build the mini yourself.
BTW Black Chapel has some nice minis for a Nuln warbad (but no mortar I' afraid)
http://blackchapelminiatures.com/en/7-altreich
Back to top Go down
whisper2053
Captain
Captain
whisper2053

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Empire model alternative?   Empire model alternative? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jun 2017 - 0:22

Ooooo, that bit is EXACTLY what I'm looking for! The models themselves I should be good on, it was just the darned mortar that has been giving me fits. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Empire model alternative?   Empire model alternative? Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jun 2017 - 22:40

You're welcome. Don't forget to show us your warband once it's fully assembled! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
whisper2053
Captain
Captain
whisper2053

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Empire model alternative?   Empire model alternative? Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jul 2017 - 12:49

Ok, so there has been a bit of flipflopping, but I finally got all the minis in that were ordered. Now that everyone is assembled, the painting can start!

Bit of a sidenote: I'd been running the band for a few games now (via proxying with other models), and we have built up a bit of a presence within the campaign to date. Of particular note was the event that occurred in our 2nd game, when a random encounter triggered the appearance of an ogre merc who (as most will know) joins the wb with the lowest rating. Thus far, his upkeep has been a mite painful on the financial side of things, but oh boy does having that massive mountain of flesh between my skinny gunners and the enemy REALLY help hahaha.

Without further ado:

Empire model alternative? 2hwcxhe
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Empire model alternative?   Empire model alternative? Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jul 2017 - 14:10

That's a nice start. The mortar is soon to follow? Have fun painting!
Back to top Go down
whisper2053
Captain
Captain
whisper2053

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Empire model alternative?   Empire model alternative? Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jul 2017 - 14:30

Actually, I'm just going to use the blunderbuss that's on the center model as a 'counts as' mortar. I like the overall look of the design and feel it fits the general theme a bit better.

The downside now is that no one wants to play the gunners since I added the ogre haha. He seems to be intimidating everyone Razz
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Empire model alternative?   Empire model alternative? Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jul 2017 - 20:42

LOOKIN' GOOD or about to once you have them painted. You do have a nice selection of miniatures. Have FUN! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
whisper2053
Captain
Captain
whisper2053

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Empire model alternative?   Empire model alternative? Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jul 2017 - 21:23

Thanks! I wanted to have a bit of fun with this warband, so there's a mix of three different manufacturers there...GW (of course), Raging Heroes, & Avatars of War (the Ogre...who I *really* like).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Empire model alternative?   Empire model alternative? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Empire model alternative?
Page 1 of 1