Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Some of my Warbands in progress

Go down 
+3
Zak1
Grimscull
Friedrich Hetzenauer
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Friedrich Hetzenauer
General
General
Friedrich Hetzenauer

Trading Reputation : 0

Some of my Warbands in progress - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my Warbands in progress   Some of my Warbands in progress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jul 2015 - 2:20

Von Kurst wrote:
Great looking collection of Witch Hunters.  I really like the way the torches look in the photo.  The variation you get with the dogs' fur is also well done.

Thanks. I was pretty pleased with the torches myself. And I did what I could with the dogs to make it a little harder to see that there are only two sculpts there.

I've got 2 more witch hunters to paint finish up (for hired sword use I guess, more because I have them) and also Johann and Wilhelm that I'm working on some rules for, to use them as Dramatis Personae.

I'm really happy to get getting a lot of this stuff painted. Some of it's been sitting in boxes unpainted for years. Some of it was horribly chipped and has now been redone and better protected. I'm pretty happy with the results I've achieved on most of it too.

Up next will be some undead. I'm probably just going to use some zombies I painted up years ago, but the rest will be current paint jobs.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Warbands in progress   Some of my Warbands in progress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jul 2015 - 13:33

COOL OLD STUFF! The Loony waving the Book has to be my favorite, but they all are WELL DONE & boasting an ample amount of character.   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Friedrich Hetzenauer
General
General
Friedrich Hetzenauer

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Warbands in progress   Some of my Warbands in progress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2015 - 2:00

A couple of "extra" witch hunters, a pit fighter, a Kislv Ranger, and a 1980s High Elf.
The high elf is one of the first models I ever bought (I was 8 years old at the time) and with everything that's happened to WFB recently I figured it would be nice to paint something from way back..

Some of my Warbands in progress - Page 2 DSCF4943_zpswzmikrbt
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Warbands in progress   Some of my Warbands in progress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2015 - 2:49

The minis, old & new, are LOOKIN' GOOD! GREAT WORK!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Warbands in progress   Some of my Warbands in progress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2015 - 16:40

Nice. Which miniature range is the Kislev Ranger from? Privateer? Reaper? Sci-fi?
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Warbands in progress   Some of my Warbands in progress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2015 - 17:46

Von Kurst wrote:
Nice.  Which miniature range is the Kislev Ranger from?  Privateer?  Reaper? Sci-fi?

My guess is the Babe comes from the Werner Klocke's Freebooter Range.
Back to top Go down
Friedrich Hetzenauer
General
General
Friedrich Hetzenauer

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Warbands in progress   Some of my Warbands in progress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2015 - 18:05

DeafNala wrote:
Von Kurst wrote:
Nice.  Which miniature range is the Kislev Ranger from?  Privateer?  Reaper? Sci-fi?

that's exactly right. Human Hunter is the name of the model. I kind of wonder if the model predates the game. It's been sitting in a box for a decade or more.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Warbands in progress   Some of my Warbands in progress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2015 - 18:55

Friedrich Hetzenauer wrote:
that's exactly right. Human Hunter is the name of the model. I kind of wonder if the model predates the game. It's been sitting in a box for a decade or more.

Quite a lot of the Freebooter Range preceded the game. The minis have been out as you said for over a decade, but the game only emerged a few years ago. I love Werner's stuff, but he is a bit out of my price range other than the pieces he has done/is doing for Reaper. clown
Back to top Go down
Friedrich Hetzenauer
General
General
Friedrich Hetzenauer

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Warbands in progress   Some of my Warbands in progress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2015 - 19:39

When I first took this one out to paint it I thought it was one of his reaper works. I'm thinking either his prices were lower back then, or I decided to splurge on one model for the kislev warband I was putting together. That's the fun part about getting into painting and putting things together again (never really stopped playing)- some of the figures I find are a complete mystery to me.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Warbands in progress   Some of my Warbands in progress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2015 - 20:14

I have that problem myself. I can usually figure out who made it, but when & why I bought it other than being cool is a mystery. Of course, with moi, it could be another case of imminent senility.   clown
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Warbands in progress   Some of my Warbands in progress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jul 2015 - 21:04

Deafnala wrote:

FH wrote:
that's exactly right. Human Hunter is the name of the model.

Thanks for identifying the range. I knew she looked familiar. I saw one entered in a local painting contest years ago and wanted one, but I never bought the figure.

As far as remembering who, what, where and when; I'm getting to that point where I remember exactly where I got a 20 or 30 yr old mini, but not where those new Reaper's came from...
Back to top Go down
Friedrich Hetzenauer
General
General
Friedrich Hetzenauer

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Warbands in progress   Some of my Warbands in progress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2015 - 0:10

Ok, I've been painting more than I realized. Guess I should add these. And I've (finally) started basing everything. It's a cobble-stone patterned sheet of plastic card cut to the proper sizes glued to the bases and painted up. I think it's turned out well. I've also finished basing most of the minis already shown, and I used just one sheet to do all of it (plus a chariot).

Some of my Warbands in progress - Page 2 DSCF4985_zpstvobi5lc

Also did an Orge, and another Elf Ranger. Elf Rangers and Halfling Cooks are easily the two most commonly used hired swords in our campaign.

Some of my Warbands in progress - Page 2 DSCF4986_zpsmjy7mdiz
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Warbands in progress   Some of my Warbands in progress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2015 - 1:34

NICE MIX of minis! I can see why the Elf Ranger is SO popular with your group. The Guys, Gal, & Whatever are all BEAUTIFULLY painted with some FINE bases. GREAT WORK!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Friedrich Hetzenauer
General
General
Friedrich Hetzenauer

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Warbands in progress   Some of my Warbands in progress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2015 - 2:13

The fun/frustrating part of painting this regularly and then posting the pictures is that I can see the improvement in my work. It's a good thing that I'll be about 287 years old before I finish all my unpainted stuff, or I might be tempted to go another round Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Warbands in progress   Some of my Warbands in progress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2015 - 20:59

thumbsup

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Warbands in progress   Some of my Warbands in progress - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2015 - 6:26

Nice work on the newly posted models. The elf ranger model is a favorite.

I think this past campaign is the first that saw no elf rangers or halfling cooks, of course we were in Araby...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some of my Warbands in progress   Some of my Warbands in progress - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some of my Warbands in progress
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2