Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others

Go down 
+5
Harganok
Yilderim
Pervavita
DeafNala
Von Kurst
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Feb 2015 - 20:48

Deafnala wrote:
That'll show those Big Oafs & Pointy Eared Fops a thing or two!
Darntootin! I mean thank you.
______________________________________________________________________________________
The Hermit
The Bandits meet the Pirates at a hermit's cave... Bad things happen to Bandits.

playtable (Jim L) wrote:

Daytime.
No events
Good weather
I lost. The Hermit never showed.
Bandit Prince Arnold is now stupid.
Footpad, Bruno misses 2 games
Thug, Sheila (henchman), died

No one has made a successful looting yet!
And the other Footpad has an Old Battle Wound from earlier.

____________________________________________________________________________________
Home is Where the Heart is
A Sylvanian scenaio.

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5dc35b3127cce98548d0063a000000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA
The Marksmen of Miragliano attacked a village in the thrall of the Undead. The zombie Fantaginus makes its first appearance.

Matt wrote:
Not very heroic, but the Undead came into the village to use the villagers as fodder against the Tileans. Lucky for Tileans, the Undead broke just before they were able to charge the men's position on the outskirts of town.

Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Feb 2015 - 21:16

From my RPG experience, to properly play a Bandit Chief you have to, at odd times, assume a hands on hip pose, flash a devilish, toothy grin, and regale your opponent with a hearty laugh; this should be done at the most inappropriate of times/situations.   What a Face
All that aside, too bad about the loss, playtable. For The Living Impaired there always be anther time  AND CONGRATS to the Tileans
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb 2015 - 0:09

Playtable has nothing but losses since he disbanded the second Dark Elves.  I tell him the Bandits are cursed.
______________________________________________________________________________________
Chance Encounter in the Old Forest
The Bandits run afoul of the Undead.  Bad things happen to Bandits.

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5dc35b3127cce98548d01e29100000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

playtable (Jim L) wrote:
I lost both games.
Daytime.
No events.
Good weather.
Looter, Baldy (henchman) died.

No one has made a successful looting yet!

No word of casualties from the Undead.  Undead gain the Bandit's wyrdstone.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
A Skirmish near the Stir
The Cathayans clash with the Miraglians far from each other's homes.

Cathayan casualties after a Tilean volley.
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5df03b3127cce98548d30bdc300000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5df03b3127cce98548d313cf200000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Both sides suffered over 50% casualties before the underdog Cathayans routed.  One or two warriors die.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb 2015 - 0:20

COOL...I've never imagined a Cathayan War Band would show up in Mordheim or there's about.   clown
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb 2015 - 2:05

I haven't heard a fluff explanation, though the warband wasn't necessarily chosen for the campaign location since I hadn't really decided what to do when we left Mordheim.  Wandering around Ostermark seemed a good plan, but given the group's campaign history Andrew might have assumed more exotic climes.

Andrew seems to have lost the writing bug with the demise of the Secret Agents, but perhaps there will be some tales of the Cathayans before we leave Ostermark.
Week Nine

Players and Warbands:
Andrew--Cathayan Pirates
Bob--Reiklanders
Chris--The Marksmen of Miragliano
Elias--Lothern Sea Patrol
Elijah--Captain O'Shea's Perilous Wadders Club (Nuln Gunnery School)
Jim L--The Look Out Boys
Jim S--The Furryfoote Company
Matt--Undead

The Tower
Another Sylvanian scenaio.

playtable (Jim L) wrote:

Lookout Boys vs Reiklanders
(Reikland was around 140 over me) my boys get +4 exp more, whee.
Night 11”
Good weather, 6 zombies + Necromancer in the Tower
Bruno the Footpad must still miss 1 more game to heal up.

Reikland got 4 zombies, I got 2
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5df08b3127cce98548d3851b600000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5df08b3127cce98548d27d09900000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

As last zombie died, I had just taken the wizard down to 1 wound and mercenaries charged him and took him OOA.
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5df08b3127cce98548d3bd08500000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Pooh.  I ran.
Si the Huckster died to an arrow while lurking in the woods.
Thug Geoff died to a zombie.
Looters still found nothing. 4 games now, they’ve found nothing.
My 3 henchmen that can gain exp. Have gotten:  (2)  Ld  & (2)   I, advances so far, not great.
My LGT trick shooter gained an attack, of course, (and a wound!)
Still only have 4 Lucky Charms, no Rabbit’s Feet, and 0 gc.
Down to only 10 members now (UNITS)
This starting over is rough.

Last edited by Von Kurst on Sun 15 Feb 2015 - 2:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb 2015 - 2:23

COOL report & WONDERFUL photos...WELL DONE, Andrew!   thumbsup

Von Kurst wrote:
I haven't heard a fluff explanation, though the warband wasn't necessarily chosen for the campaign location since I hadn't really decided what to do when we left Mordheim.  Wandering around Ostermark seemed a good plan, but given our history Andrew might have assumed more exotic climes.

There are a number of logical explanations with trade topping the list. I favor the sudden appearance of a REALLY deep hole as the reason.   clown
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb 2015 - 15:14

A Skirmish in the Old Forest
The Gunnery School attempts to oppose the Sea Patrol

Elijah wrote:
Game One: I played Elias's elves.  His first turn he shot one of my handgunners OOA.  The other one tried to climb down from the tower that they were in and fell to his own OOA.  'Two more and I can route,' I thought.  I rushed in with two henchmen and routed when they were OOA.
____________________________________________________________________________________
Quote :
Game Two:  The Things in the Woods against Matt's undead.  Unfortunately both Things started on Matt's side of the board and attacked him immediately.  
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5df08b3127cce98548d2651a800000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

He stuck it out against them, passing several route tests despite the Things taking most of his band OOA.  Just as he started to make some progress against one of them and hope began to build that he might be able to finally take one out, I failed my route check, most of my warband having fled the table without seeing any action whatever due to scenario-required All Alone tests that had to be taken each round*.

*A slight misunderstanding of the scenario rules occurred.
Several Undead things die or are destroyed.  A dreg becomes a lycanthrope.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb 2015 - 15:40

Von Kurst wrote:
A dreg becomes a lycanthrope.

COOL! Igor the Wolfman...he gonna rate your record high. Sorry...I'm subject to these Doo Op Flashbacks. LOVE the photo! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb 2015 - 4:20

The Twisted Copse
More strangeness in the Old Forest

From the Journal of Dimlit Furryfoote
29 Nachhexen 2015

The Old Forest is an awful place.  The trees seem to watch you.  And they move about when you are not watching them.  The whole forest seems alive in a way that is not friendly to Halflings, Men or Dwarfs.  There are strange creatures in the undergrowth.  Farm wives treat them as small gods.  They leave the forest spirits milk and fruit lest they curse the farms.  The Spirits play cruel tricks and cast strange glamours.  Spites is what they are called by the forest folk. The Spites of the Woodland led Uncle Fantaganius to his death this I know.

Today we encountered the Miraglians again.  The Company was marching down a perfectly good Imperial road.  We were headed south in hopes of escaping the forest when we encountered the Tileans blocking the road.  Naturally the brigands would not let us pass, nor to be truthful, were we inclined to step aside for them. Insults were hardly exchanged when crossbow bolts and arrows became the currency of our encounter.  Despite Gadabout's injunction that we should stay on the road, most of us sought cover in the surrounding woodland.  There were nearly a score of crossbowmen and other archers arrayed against us and it seemed certain death to stand in a line and exchange volleys with the Miraglians.

What seemed like a straightforward proposition of seeking cover soon became a journey through a green labyrinth.  The Company was immediately separated by the dense woodland.  Uncle Bulgo, Urrrrp!, Frito and I rushed west. Garn and Anna led many of the Hedgewardens east.  Gimlet stood his ground in the middle of the road exchanging bolts with Tileans and shouting insults as well.  

Although we tried to use the trees to mask our move south we found ourselves traveling north at one point.  Indeed we could see Gimlet's back though we had passed well to the south of him moments before, so he was behind us when we started!  Before we could re-join the Dwarf it seemed the forest swallowed him up.  We pressed on until we found ourselves facing a line of crossbowmen across a clearing.  Two were already wounded by arrows surely made in the Moot.  I know not where they came from, but we fell upon them like a storm.  More of Men were north and east of us.  Somehow we had outflanked the Tileans on the road!  The Men were confused and amazed at our sudden appearance (as we were theirs!)  Stunned by the violence of our sudden attack, they fled the field.

Surprise!  A firing line of four Tileans supported by the Elf Ranger suddenly appear in front of Garn and four scouts. [Halflings are out of the frame, upper right of the photo.] Gimlet is downed by enemy archers.
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5df08b3127cce98548d2451aa00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

After delivering a shattering volley that wounds two Men. Garn and his Hedgewardens find themselves far to the south on the enemies flank.  [About eighteen inches south of their former location.]
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5df08b3127cce98548d3dd08300000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Endgame.  Gimlet recovers in time to shoot a Pit Fighter that had come to put the Dwarf down. Cook and the Ogre Bodyguard destroy the Tilean left. [Upper right of photo, obscured by trees.]
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5df08b3127cce98548d3a51b400000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Two Tileans died.  The Furryfootes encounter Empire Huntsmen who guide them out of the Old Forest and tell them important news.

Last edited by Von Kurst on Tue 3 Mar 2015 - 5:47; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb 2015 - 14:12

HURRAH for the Little Guys!  thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Feb 2015 - 4:46

Thanks Al.
________________________________________________________________________________
Week Ten--Three Guys Playing Mordheim

Players and Warbands:

Bob--Reiklanders
Jim L--The Look Out Boys

playtable (Jim L) wrote:

Wolf Hunt
Chris goes 1st– Tileans  (on east, top right of photo) [350 rating, 15 members]
Jim  goes 2nd – Hockland Bandits  (on west, bottom of photo)  [193 rating, w/1 hero missing, 10 members]]
Bob goes 3rd  – Reiklanders  (on south, left of photo)  [350 rating]  [15 members]
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5dc24b3127cce98548d23732400000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Night time 8” range of vision.  Pleasant weather.
Started with 5 wolves
Chris never moves far from deployment zone.
With Bob in the middle, I head towards Bob.
Bob splits to go against both warbands

Most wolves go to Chris [but 2 attack Bob]
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5dc24b3127cce98548d28f21f00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5dc24b3127cce98548d17731000000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

[And at least one attacks Dartanion the Duelist.]
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5dc24b3127cce98548d2d732a00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

more Wolves come in behind Chris
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5dc24b3127cce98548d14f22300000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5dc24b3127cce98548d2b732c00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5dc24b3127cce98548d22f21500000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Fight fight shoot shoot move run fall down
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5dc24b3127cce98548d29732e00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

5 more wolves come in behind Chris
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5dc24b3127cce98548d2ef21900000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Fight fight shoot shoot move run fall down
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5dc24b3127cce98548d16f22100000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5dc24b3127cce98548d2af21d00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5dc24b3127cce98548d20f21700000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

My boss, Arnold, goes stupid in HTH against Bob’s T5 guy
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5dc24b3127cce98548d2f732800000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5dc24b3127cce98548d15731200000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5dc24b3127cce98548d21732600000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Chris’ heroine Sasha takes my Duelist Dartanion OOA with a blunderbuss shot.
I rout with 2 henchmen OOA and 3 heroes OOA
Bob routs right after.
Chris wins.

Post Battle:
Bob gets 3 wolves, has a swordsman die NOT LOOTED.
Chris gets 10 wolves, has pitfighter die NOT LOOTED.
I get 2 wolves, Fingers, a Looter (8exp.) dies  NOT LOOTED.
Hero Johnny, a Footpad (22exp.) dies and IS LOOTED!!!
Bandit Prince Arnold gets a chest injury and is now T2!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Feb 2015 - 13:08

It looks like crime doesn't pay...except for the Tileans that is.   What a Face
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2015 - 4:08

Week Eleven

Players and Warbands:
Andrew--Cathayan Pirates
Bob--Reiklanders
Jim L--The Look Out Boys

The Hermit
12 Jahrdrung 2015

Today is a happy day. Today is a sad day. Our adventures come at such a cost. On this day we are reunited with Gadabout. He is much changed. We found him, well Tweedle actually went and fetched the Warlock from his cave, so we found him living in a cave on the Moors. We had gotten a message from the Huntsmen we met in the Old Forest. Gadabout would meet us here in the wilderness of Ostermark. The village of Burgenhof is the closest outpost of Man. The Bleak Moors stretch for leagues in every direction. Anna was able to find the place with ease once we got the message. Still it was a long trek.

We could take no joy in our reunion, for the pesky Miragleans had tracked us. Once again we clashed with the Men of Miragliano. They attacked us shortly after Tweedle brought Gadabout to meet us. It was a near thing, but once again the brigands broke first. Sadly we lost the Hedgewardens Gibby Littletoe, Long Hiddles and 'Slow' Fleetfoot. All were shot down by the Big Men's crossbows which are so deadly to us.

Gadabout spoke to each of us after the fight, it is good to have him back with us even for just a little while. Uncle Bulgo has been relying more and more on the 'spices' he found so long ago in that cursed Wizard's Mansion. Frito and I fear that the 'spice' may have taken over his life. When we visited Burgenhof after the fight, Uncle disappeared into the worst area of the town. He came back looking happy and talking loudly and fast. His behavior was quite out of place considering the Company's loss. Gadabout took us to the Temple of Burgenhof to meet a holy Man who preaches there. The priest blessed us, but still I fear.

Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2015 - 4:25

I love that name: Gadabout. It's even better than Goodgulf Greyteeth.
It does like the Mob is after your furry hides...it's a vendetta.   affraid clown
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2015 - 3:27

Thank you Al. I must admit I wrote it because I thought it was what Goodgulf was called. It has been years since I saw my copy of Bored of the Rings and I miss remembered the name. I am quite fond of the name myself now though.
The Wild Wood
The Furryfoote Company re-enters the Old Forest

12 Jahrdrung 2015

We strayed too near the Old Forest and found ourselves caught by its glamours once again. The adventure began simply enough with a desire to seek shelter from the relentless winds of the Bleak Moors. It seems impossible that Anna would lose her way, but soon there we were forced under the not so reassuring branches of the Old Forest. The wind seemed to buffet us deeper into the forest as voices screamed or pleaded from the surrounding woods. The Company was soon hopelessly strung out and disoriented.

Fortunately the pigs retained their porkine wit. Their squeals alerted us to the Bandits ambush before the dastardly Hochlanders could spring the trap. The Bandits attacked piecemeal and were easily defeated.

All the Spites [who look like skeletons wielding scythes] move toward the Bandits...
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5dc33b3127cce98548d03b12b00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Furryfoote Company is spread out in the woods. Bandits lurk in the near trees.
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5dc33b3127cce98548d13b13b00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Bandits turn on their own Kislevite Ranger. This does not end well.
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5dc33b3127cce98548d11b13900000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

A deluded bandit who was rushing through the woods screaming "Its mine! All mine!" is attacked by Urrrrp! the ogre.
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5dc33b3127cce98548d02301a00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5dc33b3127cce98548d1fb13700000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

A Bandit learns that Uncle Bulgo is not to be trifled with...
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5dc33b3127cce98548d1bb13300000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Bandit's Poacher tries to outshoot a dozen halflings. Ha!
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5dc33b3127cce98548d04301c00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Post Battle
playtable (Jim L) wrote:
Gutter scum, Hey You! Died.
Footpad Bruno got an Old Battle Wound.
No gc. after buying another Looter and another Thug.
10 members + Kislev Ranger, 240 rated.

The Furryfoote Company suffered no casualties. They returned to a nearby village to buy more Crimson Shade...Uncle Bulgo's drug habit means that the Furryfootes have to make nearly 100 gc per game.... Let this be a lesson to you children.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2015 - 3:47

Will luck ever smile upon the Hochland Bandits? Could Uncle Bulgo be in reality Tim Benzedrine? For the mind boggling answers stay tuned to All My Illegitimate Furry Foot Children. I LOVE these Woodland Adventures.   What a Face
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Mar 2015 - 2:37

Quote :
For the mind boggling answers stay tuned to All My Illegitimate Furry Foot Children.
Love the title. It would be much easier to theme battle reports...
The Thing in the Woods
The Tilean Mob gets hit by some woodland assassins

The Miragleans get attacked by both Things.
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5dc33b3127cce98548d10300800000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Gunnery School rushes toward the screaming...
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5dc33b3127cce98548d1db13500000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Most of the Miragleans hide. The Marksmen flee as soon as they can.
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5dc33b3127cce98548d05b12d00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA
A Chance Encounter in the Old Forest
The Reiklanders versus the Sea Patrol

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5dc33b3127cce98548d12300a00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5dc33b3127cce98548d1c300400000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5dc33b3127cce98548d18300000000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5dc33b3127cce98548d19b13100000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5dc33b3127cce98548d1a300200000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

In the parlance of our campaign, Hoppy-Skippy Elf meets T5 Guy.
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5dc33b3127cce98548d06301e00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

This was the last game of the evening and for reasons which are now unclear could not be concluded before last call.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Mar 2015 - 2:55

I take it the Crew has abandon Mordheim proper in preference to the Empire in Flames setting. I'm hoping that the next stop will be Araby...I can almost here the score from Kismet now.   clown
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Mar 2015 - 3:14

Quote :
I'm hoping that the next stop will be Araby...

You sir have amazing powers of prognostication! We will do that very thing within the month or so, probably.

I have little love for the Mordheim setting, and despite my enjoyment of halfling antics, the Empire In Flames hasn't thrilled me much either this time round. Perhaps it is the mix of warbands, but I am ready for this adventure to end.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 3 Mar 2015 - 3:32

It would be cool to see Lawrence Furry Foots of Araby...

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 220px-With_Lawrence_in_Arabia

...he looks like a Hobbit.   clown
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Mar 2015 - 3:49

Ha! Alas I am not that gifted in the green stuff department. I'll have to wait for some company to introduce the halflings of Araby. (There is a great line of Arabian dwarfs already, why not halflings?)
Week Twelve

Players and Warbands:
Andrew--Cathayan Pirates
Bob--Reiklanders
Jim L--The Look Out Boys

I had to work on the 19th of February. The lads sent reports (eventually, after some pestering):

playtable (Jim L) wrote:

Blood on the Pasturelands
Me vs Elijah
Night 7” of vision. Weather was Dead Air ---nothing magical works
I rout with 4 or 5 OOA I get no horses
Elijah gets 3 horses. Sells them all, I think. Has no one OOA
Hero , Johnny the Footpad II, died –I looted him
Henchman Looter, Fingers II, got LGT.
I loot all 6 guards!

Elijah wrote:
I played Jim L in a horse thieving scenario. He was the underdog by quite a bit. I managed to steal 3 horses and have no one OOA when he routed.
The Hermit

playtable wrote:
Chris, Andrew and Elias played a multi-player game of The Hermit,
Andrew had an infiltrator.
He went 1st & popped the Truthsayer out of his cave right away (who then joined Elias's warband).
That’s all I know about them.

Elias wrote:
All went well for the Lothern Sea Patrol. The Cathayan pirates sent an infiltrator to get to the hermit before anyone else. A Truthsayer appeared and joined the Lothern Sea Patrol. The Truthsalyer quickly disposed of the infiltrator.

We saw the Tileans coming from the West and exchanged some long ranged fire. They tried to flank us by coming around the south and shooting a few of us, but they were being attacked by the Cathayan pirates as well. The Truthsayer, led by Commodore Coballs, Captain Tarpals, and the two Bosuns charged at the Tileans. After at least 5 members of the Tilean warband were taken out of action, they fled.

The Cathayans had suffered a few losses themselves and also decided to flee. Unfortunately Captain Tarpals of the Sea Patrol was shot and killed by a ricochet. A bosun was taken out of action as well but he had a full recovery and was hardened.

Chris wrote:
I lost a crossbowman and a duelist.
playtable wrote:
Blood on the Pasturelands II
Me vs bob
Daytime (running late no time for night time nonsense)
Weather was Black Hail ----about 3rd turn - as you will see in the picture, it injured horses also.
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5dc38b3127cce98548d0edc6b00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

I rout with 3 or 4 OOA
Bob has no one OOA and gets 3 or 4 horses – sells them all, I think.
No one dies. I get 1 horse (had 2 but one got shot out from under me while I was riding away).
I loot all 6 guards again!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Mar 2015 - 4:32

Sounds like a busy night of gaming. I am envious...sort of.   What a Face
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Mar 2015 - 8:37

Looks like splendid fun!
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2015 - 16:30

Week Thirteen--Lucky Thirteen?

Players and Warbands:
Andrew--Cathayan Pirates
Bob--Reiklanders
Jim L--The Look Out Boys

A Wolf Hunt on the Bleak Moors

19 Jahrdrung 2015

On this day the Company had been commissioned by the local Graf to reduce the predators preying on the local villagers' livestock.  Anna had located the lair of a wolf pack and we closed in for the hunt.  Unfortunately the treacherous Graf had also commissioned the Sea Patrol as hunters and the elfs slaughtered most of the wolves before we could draw a bow.

Naturally this maddened Uncle Bulgo, who is quite possessive of income possibilities.  "They're on out turf!" he cried. "Fantaginus would never have allowed such an insult.  We must teach them a lesson!"

Perhaps cooler heads would have prevailed if two of the surviving wolves would not have attacked our pickets just then.  The wolves were quickly shot down before they could do an damage, but we all had arrows notched when the lead elfs appeared to collect the pelts of the wolves they had slain.  Naturally, the elfs assumed we meant to ambush them, so one of the elfs fired on a hedgewarden and naturally we shot back.  The rest is a confused muddle of dodging behind stunted trees straining to see the enemy in the gray landscape.  Surprisingly the elfs broke before a blunderbuss blast from The Prospector followed by a mad charge by Cook and Urrrp!

The Company approaches the elf lines.
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5dc07b3127cce98548df34a0e00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 47a5dc07b3127cce98548d0b4af600000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The elfs lost their only pressed warrior, a former Shadow Elf, who was killed by Urrrrp! the ogre bodyguard.  The elfs killed 4 wolves.  The Company only accounted for 2.

Since we had successfully driven the elfs from our hunting grounds (or 'turf' as Uncle Bulgo insisted on calling it), we remained in the area in hopes of finding more wolves.  Anna assured us that there were more of the brutes nearby.  Presently we were able to draw another pack of wolves into our killing ground with the remains of the first pack.  We fired on the wolves from the concealed hunting blinds the elfs had lately occupied and killed four outright.  Two of the wolves had fled. We prepared to pursue them when the moors echoed with sounds of gunfire from the west.

I happened to spy a brightly clad warrior sheltered among some rocks quite a distance away.  Despite the fact that the warrior was further obscured by the smoke from his gun, I fired a bolt from my crossbow at him.  I scored a hit, which I was quite pleased with until I recalled how this same circumstance had led to our conflict with the elfs...

Soon we could hear shouts and the sounds of twigs breaking as the unseen lurkers moved through the very woods that we had lately used to outflank the elfs.  Thinking that we would not repeat the elfs' mistakes, the company fanned out in a half circle around the woods. Uncle Bulgo and Urrrrp! moved to flush the interlopers.  

The pirates sprang their ambush (aye, now I have seen pirates, too).  One swung out on a vine to attack Cook while another rushed from the undergrowth to attack Urrrrp!  More appeared at the edge of the wood to fire at us with handguns.  Others threw knives.  It was quite exotic and, sadly deadly. Urrrrp! was easily defeated.  Uncle dispatched the pirate who attacked him only to fall to handgun fire.  Both piggies were down squealing in pain.  Our arrows did not slow them, we could have just thrown dirt clods for all the good our missiles did us.

The Furryfoote company fled with Urrrp!, Cook, two piggies and Anna out of action.  A piggy may have died.  The Company had 4 wolf pelts to sell and was able to amass the required 100 gold to keep going for another week.  Cook loses an eye.

Last edited by Von Kurst on Mon 23 Mar 2015 - 1:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2015 - 16:49

The loss to the Pirates is at least mitigated by seeing off those Pointy Eared Fops. SEMI-WELL DONE!  thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next