Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others

Go down 
+5
Harganok
Yilderim
Pervavita
DeafNala
Von Kurst
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others Empty
PostSubject: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others Icon_minitimeWed 12 Nov 2014 - 3:14

A Mordheim Campaign--Week One

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf33b3127cce98548c81a76300000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Too Many Elves
Andrew--Shadow Warriors
Bob--Norse (Lustria)
Chris--Tileans (Lustria)
Elijah--Gunnery School of Nuln
Elias (son of Elijah)--Lothern Sea Patrol
Jim L--Dark Elves
Jim S--Halflings

A Chance Encounter

From the Journal of Dimlit Furryfoote
6 Kaldezeit 2014

We have arrived in the ruined city of Mordheim.  It is strange to be this far from Barliton and the family, although of course Uncle Fataginus, Uncle Bulgo, Cousin Twiddie and Cousin Frito are here with me (and in good health).  And there are the lads from the Hedgewardens: Gangy Halftoe, Wizzer Lowarch and Long Hiddles,  fine fellows, and no mistake.  And of course there is Urrp the Feastfinder our intrepid ogre protector, who has already saved our lives several times over.  Still, tis not like home, not at all.

The city of Mordheim is much ruined for all that the comet struck over a decade ago.  The place is dark and odoriferous, given to strange fogs and mists, for it does lay on the Stir.  After fifteen years the dead lie unburied where they fell, even if they fell only yesterday.  It is quite disconcerting.  (There are rumors that the dead do not lie quiet, but tend to move about of a night and sometimes of a day...)

We had scarce entered the place when we found sign of the fabled wyrdstone.  I saw a piece before Uncle Fataginus bundled it up in that lead chest he had made in Heukern.  Wyrdstone glows with a sickly green light that is most beguiling...

We had scarce secured our treasure when a proud voice demanded we turn it over in the name of 'the Law'.  Elves!  I have seen elves!  They are proud, fey and most stern.  I have elf arrows now.  I picked them up after they shot at us. (Uncle Fataginus shouted 'what law?' and the discussion deteriorated from there.)  It was quite exciting and frightening.  One of the arrows has Gangy's blood on it!  An elf shot him!  I feared for Gangy's very life, but he is much better now.

Anyway the elves shot at us (and hit poor Gangy), but Urrp rushed them with a loud roar.  The ogre beat on two of the elf knights until the whole lot surrendered.  We collected more wyrdstone as ransom.  One of the elves complained that Urrp had stolen his personal weapons, but I have seen nothing of that.  Cousin Twiddie was nearby of course, so anything is possible.  Twiddie Lightoes and Frito Haggins are from Gipfel, you know.

Accommodations are frightful.  None of the better inns survived the comet and despite the years of looters, adventurers and the like coming to the city, nothing has been rebuilt.  We have taken rooms at the Fallen Arms outside of the city to the west.  The ale is not up to Barliton standards, but little in this area is.

Local gossip has it that there are more elves than normal this adventuring season.  In addition to the Sea Patrol from Lothern, there are a group of wayward Shadow Warriors come from the fabled continent as well.  Then there are the dread Dark Elf raiders from dark Nagaroth.  More about those gentry later.  

The Dark Elves are said to have been recently ambushed by mercenaries from Nuln and far off Tilea.  One elf was reported killed, another sorely wounded.  The elves reportedly escaped with a substantial trove of wyrdstone, though the Men form Nuln are reported to have stolen at least half.  The Tileans apparently gained little, but were content to withdraw with their lives.

The Shadow Warriors are reputed to be fell slayers.  A band of Norse raiders has already been massacred by the warriors of Ulthuan in a desperate night-time battle.

Skirmish
Chris and I engaged in a long range sniper duel.  He bottled as soon as he could as is common in these early games.

I have come up with just one name so far - my captain will be called Captain O'Shea.  Captain Ric O'Shea.  I had enough guys painted for night one, but have been hurrying to get my new hires painted for Thursday.  They will be ready, but perhaps their bases will not.

A redheaded elf, clad in emerald cloak and golden shield, was very bored. Walker Perpetual Gecko had been stuck on top of a decayed building keeping watch for potential attackers while the rest of the warband scoured for wyrdstone. With a sigh, she glanced at what seemed to be the only entertaining thing in the damned city.

"Man, the Nuln Gunnery School and Tileans over there are really hammering at each other over there. They've been at it for what seems like hours." Gecko glanced over her shoulder at Walker Repentant Lemur, before gazing back to the battle that was occurring but a few blocks over. If not for their keen elven sight and the sunny conditions, they would not have been able to see the telltale movements of a cautious ranged duel fought from cover and windows. Of course, the constant crack of the Nuln's guns would have made their battle apparent to all but the most doddering deaf codger.

"I'm glad we elves don't suffer from such petty squabbles over wealth. Other than the dark elves, of course. But that's kind of over something more important than wealth." Leaving her sword stuck in the rotting floorboard of their hideout, Gecko pointed at the battle occurring a few blocks away in a different direction.

"Racism ill becomes the enlightened,"
"A pride quickly proved wrong.....ened."

"Wrongened is not a word, Lemur." Regardless, Gecko turned, to see a group of elves that had snuck up on them. With a shrug, she looked down through the hole and called out to the rest of the warband, "Hey guys, it's a Lothern Sea Patrol."

Gecko was mildly surprised to see Master Paradigm Caribou on his back, staring straight back up at her, an arrow in his chest. "Yes, I noticed that, Gecko. Excellent watchmanship. NOW SHOOT THEM SO YOU CAN TREAT ME BEFORE I BLEED OUT YOU MORON!"

"Watchmanship isn't a word, Caribou." Gecko responded as she pulled out her bow.

"Let's show those Sea Elves, how Shadow Walkers shoot." Lemur calmly drew a bead on a witch before launching what seemed to be a one woman rain of arrows, sending sea elves to their knees.

"Why do you alternate between bad poetry and normal talking?"

"The question asked, whose answer you seek,"
"Should have been spoke, sometime next week."

Gecko pondered for a moment, opening her mouth to respond before taking an arrow to the knee and tumbling from her perch down a floor to land right next to the incapacitated and rather irritated Caribou.

An enemy managed to climb onto the second story, and with one swing of a massive blade crashing straight through Warrior Awake Marmoset's feeble attempt at a parry sent him face down into the floorboards.

Rushing to his rescue, Weaver Forecast Octopus and Warrior Analysis Gerbil rushed into battle with the greatsword bearing Lothern elf. Octopus weaved her way across the building, while Gerbil vaulted the low wall of her upper balcony to strike from above. With perfect synchronization, they struck, sword and dagger bared.

With one blow, the Lothern warrior struck their weapons aside, leaving their hands vibrating from the force, Octopus fell to the ground, the strength of the warrior's parry too much for her.

"Wait... You're not dark elves?" The Lothern warrior said, face in consternation.

".... Yes, we're not dark elves." Gerbil answered in deadpan while Octopus facepalmed.

"Oh... Our bad. Um.. yeah. Sorry." The Lothern warrior grabbed a shard of wyrdstone as he slowly backed away and left down a ladder, before explaining things to his warband.

"Well, that was anticlimactic." Gecko showed her face from behind the hiding spot she had hobbled too after getting up and plucking out the arrow.

~~
In Defend the Find, the Secret Agent Shadow Warriors attempt to defend a building from the Lothern Sea Patrol, and do not fare too well at the start due to the Lothern Sea Patrol's superior positioning. However, Walker Repentant Lemur was a one woman Warband this battle, taking two out of action with her quick shots (which she had access to by being my MVP in the previous match as well), and probably saving a bunch of my units. None of my other units took a single enemy out of action.

Just as a rather boss Lothern Elf was about to start laying some smackdown on some very poorly rolling elves, the Lothern Sea Elves routed due to the losses inflicted by Lemur and a very poor roll. My only out of action was my warband leader, who made a full recovery.
~Andrew~

Last edited by Von Kurst on Sat 22 Nov 2014 - 3:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others Icon_minitimeThu 13 Nov 2014 - 3:39

The Wizard's Mansion

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf33b3127cce98548c8e265c00000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Bob--Norse
Jim L--Dark Elves
Jim S--Halflings

6 Kaldezeit 2014

After the adventure with the Sea Elves we were joined by another Hedgewarden from home, Garn Uptuck. Garn brought along one of the Moot's trained warpigs as well, so he was most welcome. Still we barely had time for a welcome feast before Uncle Fantaginus led us back into the city. Indeed Uncle led us deep into the ruins toward the Magister's Quarter until we reached the runis of an old mansion. There he revealed that the Wizard Gadabout had charged him with recovering certain treasures which Gadabout had not been able to bring away on his last visit. Everyone was very excited to hear that Gadabout was still living. He has not been seen in the Moot since Cousin Hervey's day. Uncle Fantaginus hinted that we were all to meet Gadabout "if you survive the trials" which sounds rather ominous.

Anyway Uncle Fantaginus marched up to the door which appeared locked (this was no great barrier since half of the mansion had collapsed, but Uncle said that with Wizard's Mansions one should observe formalities.) Uncle said a Word. A Word I had never heard before, one I'm not sure Granny Em would approve of. Later he said Gadabout had taught him the Word. Anyway the most unexpected thing happened! The door not only opened, it turned into a Wooden Man! Uncle was most proud of himself. Cousin Frito nearly fainted with shock. Uncle said we would see even more wonders before the day was out. The Wooden Man let us in nice as you please for something that could not talk and didn't really do much of anything but kind of stand there by the open door.

As I said the place was old. Half of the building had collapsed, although it was hard to tell if that was caused by the Comet or if the place just fell apart. Also the journey across town had taken the better part of the day. There was barely time for an evening snack before night fell. So we really didn't have all that much time to form an opinion of the surviving architecture or make a search. Cook (Uncle Bulgo) whipped up a bracing supper with the provisions we brought from the inn and we all turned in to make an early morning of it.

Now I wasn't thrilled to be spending a full night roughing it in a ruined Wizard's Mansion. One hears such horrible stories of the City of the Damned. Let me assure you that they are all likely to be true. Uncle told us that nothing would get past the Wooden Man. In this he was likely telling the truth, though we all woke up because of the frightful howling. After a couple of long howls, Piggy was squealing with terror. No one could sleep what with the howling, chanting and a terrified pig. So we all got up and armed ourselves. Cook suggested a fire, but Uncle Fantaginus forbade it. We spread ourselves around the Mansion to defend the windows and the great gaps in the walls. The Wooden Man and Urrp stood by the door and the biggest of the gaps. Cousin Twiddy, Piggy and Uncle Bulgo secured the rest of the ground floor. Frito and I guarded the first floor along with Garn and Long Hiddles. Gangy and Wizzer joined Uncle Fantaginus in the upper floors. Those of us with bows looked to our arrows. We could not see far in the gloom, but we had not long to wait.

The howls came closer, as did the chanting. Soon we could hear shrieks and shouts. Big Men were coming, and something worse. A Werewolf! I saw it plain in the moonlight, I tell you. A huge thing with the head of a wolf. It ran upright, howling as it came! Behind it rushed Big Men wearing horned helmets and lots of fur. The Big Men waved huge swords and axes. It was terrible.

Something struck me a blow to the head. I passed out for a time. Frito said I was lucky I did not fall through a gap in the floor and brain poor Urrp. When I came too the Werewolf was down. It lay nearly directly below me, covered in blood. I could see it through the gaps in the broken floor. The Big Men tried to drag the body away, but Urrp would not let them. Several more fell before they fled.

Once the Big Men were gone, I noticed the elves. The Dark Elves attacked from the opposite side of the mansion from the Big Men. If the Men would have held our attention longer the elves would have over-run us. As it was they were too few to press their attack with the Men gone, though no one seemed to have told the elves this. They threw themselves against the walls with no regard for their safety. One tall fellow broke through. The haughty elf faced all of us with his back against a ruined wall and his blades in our faces. Then Urrp roared and the ogre, Piggy and Twidde fell upon the elf, who fell under slashing blades and flashing tusks.

In the morning most of the bodies that fell outside of the mansion were gone. The tall elf lay were he fell within the entrance hall, cruelly hacked. A delegation of Norsemen came to bargain with Uncle Fataginus for the Werewolf. Uncle met them in the hall, amid the elf's blood. Eventually Uncle took their treasure and let the beast live. I fear we may see it again of a night, for we made no friends. Defeated, they hate us.

Uncle Fantaginus says 'let them come!" Uncle is taken with the riches we have discovered amid the ruined mansion at last. Especially the large book which he spends his time studying. I like not the look of the tome, but Uncle will hear no counsel concerning it.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others Icon_minitimeTue 18 Nov 2014 - 15:58

Week Two--Exploration

Andrew--Shadow Warriors
Bob--Reiklanders
Chris--Tileans (Lustria)
Jim L--Dark Elves (take Two, also from Lustria)
Jim S--Halflings

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf39b3127cce98548d7292f100000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

13 Kaldezeit 2014

We entered a period of unexplained inactivity. Uncle dismissed our concerns with the comment "hurry up and wait." Elder Fataginus spends more time with the tome and less time exploring the city. He says the time is not right. No one knows when the time will be right.

On the bright side our inactivity has left us ample time to enjoy Cook's creations. Rations have been regular and up to standard. Sadly we must rely on our Landlord for ale, which as I noted is below standard. Still it loosens the tongue, I have learned much of our rivals in the City through careful listening in the common room.

The Norse have quit the City, which I am quite relieved to hear. I shall never forget the slavering jaws of that Werewolf! The Dark Elves we defeated have also left in disgrace. A new band is rumored to have replaced them already, which seemed unlikely, though Uncle Fantaginus tells me that the Witch King sees far and misses little that concerns him. (I hope we do not concern him.)

One hears that the newly arrived Dark Elves skirmished with a newly arrived group of Empire Mercenaries from Reikland. From a distance many of our disputes appear quite petty. Apparently the Dark Elves would not allow the Men to pass down a narrow lane named Nordstrasse (which runs mostly east and west). The Men attempted to force their way forward. The Elves drew steel and loosed their Hounds. One Man is reported killed and several wounded. The Elves held the road, although they also suffered some casualties.

playtable wrote:
Win against Bob in Street Fight.
Beast master, Renad, looses 1WS
High born misses 1 game

As noted earlier, there seem to be Elves everywhere. The Lothern Sea Elves where apparently the victims of a claim jumping in the Rich Quarter. The Tileans, who I finally learned hail from Miragleo, asserted a prior claim to the hoard the Elves were looting. A short, inconclusive missile duel ensued. Despite the renown of the combatants for their prowess with bow and crossbow, no injuries were suffered by either side. The more numerous Men then attempted a successful charge on the ruin. The nimble Elves fled with the portable treasure, which turned out to be the bulk of the hoard.

The frustrated Miragleans pushed farther into the Rich Quarter where they encountered the Dark Elves who were also hunting for wyrdstone. Another short skirmish ensued as the haughty Elves tried to intimidate the men from Miragleo.

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf32b3127cce98548c8a3eec00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

playtable wrote:
Lost against Chris' Tileans in Wyrdstone Hunt. Night, 14" sight
Cold one beast hound died.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others Icon_minitimeTue 18 Nov 2014 - 23:59

HOORAY the Fuzzy Footed Folk have returned along with some SPLENDID narration! All you need is Moxie, Pepsi, & Dildo to complete the Dinner Club aka War Band.   cheers
I was pleasantly surprised by the Shadow Walkers; re, they seem be likable folk...rumor has it the Elvin populace is being decimated by plague; Dutch Elm Disease.   Elf
GREAT STUFF!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others Icon_minitimeWed 19 Nov 2014 - 0:32

This
Quote :
is by far the best part.
Not that I don't love your great BR's to begin with but seeing new players (younger even more) entering the game is just awesome!
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others Icon_minitimeThu 20 Nov 2014 - 2:07

Thank you for the kind comments gentlemen.
______________________________________________________________________________________
13 Kaldezeit 2014

The various types of Elves are extremely interesting to me.  The Secret Agent Shadow Warriors are undefeated (if one may apply such a crass concept to the life or death struggles that plague this City.)  Among their latest victims are the Gunnery School of Nuln.  

A witness was heard to describe the battle thusly:

Elijah wrote:
The warband ostensibly from Nuln fought the Shadow Warriors.  Captain O'Shea deployed his marksmen high in the ruins and sent two squads of close fighters ducking and hiding toward the tall building that contained the enemy.  
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf32b3127cce98548c8c3eea00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

When a seemingly ferocious demon appeared to attack the flitty faerie folk, O'Shea saw the opportunity to give the order to abandon cover and charge.  Unfortunately, the demon was one of clumsiness rather than ferocity; it fell down from the third floor to the second and was sure to dissipate before doing any damage to the arrogant archers or even distracting them much.  The coverless men were caught in the open and fled, vowing to wait for a more opportune moment to confront this particular rival.

The Secret Agents then encountered the Miragleans, who denied them passage through the Rich Quarter.  The Secret Agents took up arms against the Miraglean barricades and prevailed.

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf32b3127cce98548c89bfdf00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Little is known about the details of these fights, but what is known and talked about at length in the taproom, is the Secret Agents great wealth.  The Shadow Warriors are said to have gathered a great host of mercenary specialists around them to aide them in their exploration of the City.

Which is interesting, because this afternoon Elder Fantaginus left his rooms and called a meeting in one of the Side Rooms.  Uncle was wearing his newly tailored Cathayan Silks and looked quite dapper.   Towering over him was a willowy Woman clad in clothing colored in forest greens and browns, but of good quality.  Uncle introduced her as the famous Ranger, Ana Gornovich!

You can imagine how excited the group was to be introduced to a legend in Barliton and indeed throughout the Empire and Kislev! Everyone talked at once and made much of Miss Gornovich (except Urrrp, who was more taken with the ale.)

Apparently we have been waiting for Miss Gornavich's arrival to complete our next assignment for Gadabout, which we immediately discussed at length over much ale and cakes.  Ana (she said we must call her Ana or Comrade Ana.  She calls us Comrade Furryfootes, although she said she would call me Comrade Dim!)  Anyway, Ana produced the most excellent map of the city, which everyone except Urrrp, praised highly.  Ana outlined the approaches and exit routes for our next target which apparently was known as the von Rausbinder Mansion in happier days.  Ana made much of the location of the Mansion and the relative positions of our competitors, who are all known to be active in the Rich Quarter.

We adjourned in the wee hours of the evening having all agreed to meet before cock crow for breakfast and our final briefing. Although I can not for the life of me remember when we were asked about such a ridiculous schedule, let alone consented to it.

Early the next morning we all gathered for breakfast and tea.  Urrrp was some put out, but strangely calmed down when Comrade Ana began to speak.  She outlined our path through the city again and gave us our marching orders.  Everyone began to ask questions at once as is our way, but somehow Comrade Ana slipped out during the hubbub, so we had no choice except to do things her way.

When we arrived at the Mansion several hours later, Ana was perched on the top surviving floor, her bright red hair covered by a hood, hardly visible at all unless she waved which she did.  The coast was clear so we all entered the Mansion.  The place was a ruin of course, perched on a raised platform of brick.  The overall effect was one of desolation and despair, but we pitched in to search the place as Ana had directed.  I FOUND some wyrdstone!  (Actually all of the Family did! LOADS of the stuff!)

Ambush!
I'm afraid we became rather boisterous at this point, quite forgetting where we were and the possible dangers.  At least until the great BOOM! split the air and Gangy and Wizzer fell bleeding.
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf32b3127cce98548c8bbfdd00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Arrows, crossbow bolts and bullets assailed us from all sides!  Big Men had got to our western flank and the Sea Patrol moved in from the east.
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf32b3127cce98548c883eee00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Urrp rushed round to block the Men, soon to be backed up by Piggy.  Men fell like ten pins, though Urrp took a cut or two...
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf32b3127cce98548d767e8800000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The lads held the Big Men off while the Family legged it north.  (The Elves became embroiled in a separate fight with a large pack of feral dogs, which they lost.)
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf32b3127cce98548d77ffb900000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

It was a strange fight.  Our role was mainly running as fast as we could for the 'safe house' Ana had designated as a rendezvous.  Despite the danger of crossbow bolts and arrows, we had barely made it a block or so before we heard Ana's horn sound the all clear.  Big Men and hounds were all dealt with.  We had captured a staggering amount of wealth, plus quite by accident, we stumbled upon an Entrance to the Catacombs as we searched the ruins further.

Last edited by Von Kurst on Thu 20 Nov 2014 - 5:04; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others Icon_minitimeThu 20 Nov 2014 - 2:20

HOORAY for the (mostly) Little Guys! I had forgotten about Gadabout; right up there with Goodgulf Greyteeth as one of my favorite wizards. VERY ENTERTAINING REPORT!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Yilderim
Youngblood
Youngblood
Yilderim

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others Icon_minitimeThu 20 Nov 2014 - 7:14

Von Kurst wrote:
Little is known about the details of these fights, but what is known and talked about at length in the taproom, is the Secret Agents great wealth.  The Shadow Warriors are said to have gathered a great host of mercenary specialists around them to aide them in their exploration of the City.

Indeed, the Secret Agents have called in a Favor via triple sixes in 3 of their four battles so far,and are having difficult keeping their model count appropriate! Razz

Battle Lines in the Rain
Journal of Master "Paradigm Caribou"

By our homeland of Nagarythe, I've never lead a more undisciplined, casual, or occasionally insane group of Elves. Even the name inscribed on this journal, the ridiculous codename given to me by our Weaver, reeks of lunacy. While certainly, this band of warriors has skills, they've not failed me in combat yet, they do not have the discipline of the grim warriors of the Phoenix king I've been proud to serve with. If it were not for his command, I would never have agreed to lead this ragtag group of wanderers among a race that has been reduced to ragtag wanderers!

Still, apart from my being ambushed due to the EXCEPTIONALLY poor watchmanship* of Walker Perpetual Gecko, we've been lucky not to suffer important setbacks. The marauders from the northlands, while fierce, were easily outmaneuvered and taken apart piece by piece after their leader fell to my superior strategy and command. Aforementioned ambush and the actions of the Lothern Sea Patrol was our closest to defeat. Still, once they realized we weren't Dark Elves, the situation was resolved. It only makes sense that our greatest foe so far has been fellow elves. I relish the opportunity to face our Dark brothers in battle for many reasons.

Thanks to one of Walker Repentant Lemur's orcish contacts, the orcish Mathguard Smartipantz (so named for his job of protecting the other orcs from having to do math, or so Lemur tells me), has provided us with a lucrative trading partner. We've acquired both an Elven Cloak and a Flying Carpet from the Suncrasha's continued escapades. Still, I do not trust Lemur or the orcs. Lemur speaks half the time in ridiculous poems, if they could be given even that much grace, and I am not convinced she is not partly crazed from trauma suffered with the orcs. And it may not be long till we have to draw sword against the orcs. However, our mission here cannot fail, and so I will use every advantage afforded to me, save that of disreputable poisons.

Today, we fought the Tileans, or as I have also heard them referred too of late in the shadows**, the Miragleans. The torrents of wind and rain, and the darkness they brought was oppressive. If it weren't for the Elven cloak provided me by Smartipantz, I'm certain this journal would be so much waterlogged mush by now. We and the the Miragleans simply took cover behind bits of barricade, fence, and rubble and exchanged volleys upon volleys of ineffective fire. The Miragleans wisely realized they were no match for the Warriors of Nagarythe in a contest of bowmanship, and sent a sizable force to flank us on one side while an infiltrated warrior struck us from the other.  Weaver "Forecast" Octopus fortunately lived up to her name, and with Gecko's help intercepted the infiltrator and struck her down, by spell and arrow, before she could rain down fire on our flank. Meanwhile, the flanking force was so bogged down in the mud, falling over several times, that they could not reach our lines before their force was falling back under cover of their storm to drag off their dead and wounded.

I must agree with Lemur, on the poor fate of that archer on the front lines. We must have shot him in the knee what, seven times? I doubt he'll be adventuring again. Even I can feel pity for the lesser races, especially at such grievous agony as that man must have been suffering. Or possibly woman. In those conditions, even Elven eyes were of little use, and we must have fired half a hundred arrows into their formation before driving them back.

We have been lucky so far, but I fear such luck may run out if I don't manage to instill a proper outlook and discipline into this warband. They hardly wear the signage of the Phoenix King at all, save Gecko. Still, we must succeed, for Ulthuan.

*Watchmanship isn't a word, Caribou.
**That's an odd way to spell tavern.
HOW DID YOU GET IN MY JOURNAL?!?

Using one of my old orcs as a stand in for an Arabian Merchant, hence the Mathguard. Razz
I knocked down this one archer it feels like once or twice per turn the entire battle.
Finally, I hope Caribou here is a little more up to traditional expectations of Elves. I need a straight man, so to speak. Smile
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others Icon_minitimeThu 20 Nov 2014 - 13:25

Master Paradigm Caribou has definite straight man potential; that should add to the narration WONDERFULLY...I already picture Gecko as an Elven Goldie Hawn.   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others Icon_minitimeSat 22 Nov 2014 - 2:56

13 Kaldezeit 2014

Our great adventure resulted in another restful interlude at the inn.  The ruined City yet seethed with conflict.  The Druchii, as some residents call the Dark Elves, apparently struck it rich although the Gunnery School attempted to calibrate a gunpowder tax that would transfer the windfall to the school's coffers...

Elijah wrote:
The next encounter was with even eviler faeries who seemed to be guarding a certain ruined building.  They must have made off with whatever they had found in that building, because nothing was found after they had fled our blazing barrels.
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf32b3127cce98548c8dbfdb00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Because of his fondness for the flask, Ol' Pat has earned himself a nickname:  'Pissed' Ol' Pat.  The handgun instructor's first name is, as is common, usually shortened from 'Mattias' to 'Matt' - Matt Schlok.

playtable wrote:
Lost against Nuln. Defend the Find.
Night 13" sight
But left with 3 wyrdstone.

All 5 heroes now have Lucky Charms & Rabbit's feet.
Hired Halfling scout
Warband name is "The Cut-ups"
Rating 146

The Second Battle of the von Rausbinder Mansion
Ana Gornovich tells me that the Reiklander Big Men fought the Sea Patrol for control of the looted Mansion.  Frito Haggins overheard.  He was worried we left something important behind for them to discover, but Ana told him no, nothing of value.  They fight because they must.

The Men enter the Mansion from the south.
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf32b3127cce98548d747e8a00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf32b3127cce98548d75ffbb00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Elves lurk in the north.
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf32b3127cce98548c8fbfd900000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Elias wrote:
I lost, and nobody died permanently.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others Icon_minitimeSat 22 Nov 2014 - 4:10

The photos & narration are as COOL as ever, but it seems strange having no basically evil war bands other than all those Elves.   What a Face
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others Icon_minitimeMon 24 Nov 2014 - 3:52

Well there are all those elves.  Suspect Elf  Suspect

Now you have me thinking of dusting off the old Possessed or perhaps fielding a regular Skaven cheese warband.  I don't think any Undead warband would last long enough under all this shooting.  Although a late start wouldn't hurt them much...

Anyway:
____________________________________________________________________________________
Sundayheim--The Beasts Cometh

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf02b3127cce98548d6d66a600000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Occupy
15 Kaldezeit 2014

Gadabout arrived today!  He showed up at the inn like a whirlwind! Shouting and rapping on our doors!  The old wizard had us all up and inspected by cockcrow.  This adventuring life goes hard, I tell ye.

Gadabout insisted that we were late to our appointment with 'Destiny' or 'The Great Enemy,' in truth I could not tell which we were to meet or where the meeting was to take place.  Cakes and ale, tea, bread and some jams were made available, though First Meal seemed to come quite early and not as generously as is custom.  There were no eggs, nor ham, which Uncle Cook apologized for profusely.  Piggy made himself scarce for the meal.

Dawn found us marching resolutely toward the City, though not toward the Rich Quarter as has been our wont lately.  Rather we marched nearer the area of the Pit, a foul place of desolation which we have avoided.  Several meals were skipped or scrimped on.  'Trail rations' is what Uncle Cook calls it.  No ale, only water to drink, which we must carry with us as one must not drink the water once in the City.  Uncle Fataginus has been most strict about this.

Gadabout sometimes marched with us, but often rode his 'Horse of Air' to fly ahead and spy the land. Unlike our previous excursions, we met none of our usual opponents, nor heard rumor of distant combats.  Piggy and Urrrp ranged ahead, accompanied by Uncle Cook, who seemed unnaturally spry and aggressive on this day.

Finally as we neared a particularly devastated area, Gadabout rejoined us and Uncle F called a halt.  Gadabout called us all together as the sun set on the city.  I suggested a fire, but Gadabout said 'The Enemy' were too near and would see it.  As he said this there came a distant howl.  Gadabout said 'it may already be too late!'   Ana, who had been very quiet all day, said 'da, they hunt us now!'

Naturally we all found this very upsetting, well except for Urrrp and Uncle Cook.  Urrrp said something unintelligible in his deepest voice.  Uncle Cook apparently understood, for he said, 'yes, soon!'  He began sharpening his cleaver in a most earnest manner. Piggy, who does not like howling any better than I, crowded close to Uncle Cook and the ogre as though they would save him, which is not his usual opinion come meal times.

At any rate, Gadabout and Ana explained that we must occupy the four least destroyed structures on the next block.  I had not noticed anything remarkable about these buildings in the twilight (and they were now quite lost in the dusk).  Gadabout would not reveal anything about the objective other than that we must deny these buildings to 'The Enemy'.

Gadabout said that he would call the sword Glam Ring to light our way, but although he said several Words repeatedly and loudly nothing happened.  Thus we ventured into the darkness without a light, tripping over low obstacles and stubbing our toes.  Only Piggy seemed to be able to put his feet right, but the poor porcine was much put out by the volume of the howls surrounding us.  Gadabout continued to implore his Power for the Sword, the absence of which seemed to trouble him as much as the Darkness troubled us.

[The Furryfoote Company of Traveling Gourmands encountered Harganok's Beasts.  A photo record of the battle is currently enjoying a Caribbean vacation,  but should return soon, at which time I will either add the photos to this post or Harganok will put up his own report.

The result of our battle was the Furryfoote's first defeat as well as the first casualties to the Company.  Wizzer was killed as well as a newly hired but veteran scout named Namby, who was intended to take Garn's place in the ranks after Garn was promoted to hero.  Another of the Adventurers joined the company to return a favor: Gimlet, son of the Great Dwarfen Thane Vod Ka Kegbreaker, will fulfill the role of Dwarf Pathfinder for as long as it pleases him.]

Last edited by Von Kurst on Mon 24 Nov 2014 - 5:19; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others Icon_minitimeMon 24 Nov 2014 - 4:18

OH WELL! You can't win them all. AND with Gadabout back for the moment & the addition of Gimlet thing are looking up...quite literally.   What a Face
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others Icon_minitimeMon 24 Nov 2014 - 5:13

Wait I think I've got it! We have EVIL sufficient to the ELVES thereof. clown

Something like that.

Quote :
OH WELL! You can't win them all.
Thanks, the Furryfootes are following the INCOME approach to Mordheim. They are so rich a few lads here or there or a victory more or less doesn't really matter. The money keeps flowing. What a Face
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others Icon_minitimeMon 24 Nov 2014 - 13:32

Von Kurst wrote:
Wait I think I've got it!  We have EVIL sufficient to the ELVES thereof.   clown

Something like that.

The Pointy Eared Ones of Dubious Practices are indeed EVIL...especially from my Goblins' point of view. They only claim to be good, or two of the three types do...rather like Congress.  clown
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others Icon_minitimeWed 26 Nov 2014 - 3:15

Week Three--Mordheim

Andrew--Shadow Warriors
Bob--Reiklanders
Chris--Tileans (Lustria)
Jim L--Dark Elves (take Two, also from Lustria)
Jim S--Halflings

Skirmish
20 Kaldezeit 2014

More news from the common room...

Elijah wrote:
Mordheim is crawling with faeries!  The warband allegedly from Nuln encountered a small party of 'em centered around a tall building with a commanding view.  
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf04b3127cce98548d6ab42900000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf01b3127cce98548d7d4f6a00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The men took great care to deploy out of sight of the hovering one, but then shortly realized that they had nowhere to move to afterward.  
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf04b3127cce98548d6b351800000055120AbOXDRkzbMmWA

When they left cover in an attempt to engage the two greatsword wielders, the flitty folk fell back, leaving the men rather exposed.  
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf01b3127cce98548d7b4f6c00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf01b3127cce98548d794f6e00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Some short range fire was exchanged, but the men's ammunition seemed not to affect the faeries despite numerous apparent hits.  The men retreated.

Breakthrough
Later on a group of Reiklanders were found.  
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf01b3127cce98548d654f7200000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The men decided that they should not be allowed to pass without paying a toll.  However, there was some disagreement over that point.
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf01b3127cce98548d734f6400000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf04b3127cce98548d68b42b00000055120AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The men of Reikland shot the supposed Nulners' leader right down in front of them before they could even react.  
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf04b3127cce98548d69351a00000055120AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Once fighting began the match seemed fairly even, but the boys were unable to prevent two of the Reiklanders from sneaking by in a roundabout way.

Our drummer has become quite nervous after the week's scraps, earning him the nickname 'Herr Trigger'.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others Icon_minitimeWed 26 Nov 2014 - 3:29

Faeries & Toll Takers! What is Mordheim coming to these days? Oh well, it could be Bankers & Politicos...the Shadow Lord would move out of the neighborhood. Be that as it may, The Game looks COOL once more.   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others Icon_minitimeSun 30 Nov 2014 - 6:36

An Ambush in the Rich Quarter

20 Kaldezeit 2014

The next day we were joined by a taciturn Dwarf. Gadabout would say I am being redundant. What other type of Dwarf is there? Gimlet, son of Vod Ka Kegbreaker, appeared by the inn's gate just after First Meal. He greeted Ana and Gadabout with curt words and had only the barest civility for the rest of us. Naturally I had read about his adventures with Cousin Hervey. but meeting the genuine article is always something of a shock.

Gadabout had informed us that it was time to explore the von Steinmetz mansion. None of us had heard of this august family of Ostermark, which Gadabout found strange. Apparently they were quite famous throughout Ostermark and beyond, but their fame never reached Barilton Commons for all that. Gadabout described the family's history at length as we marched, but I can't recall any of it now. For one thing the day was beastly hot. A haze seemed to hang over the ruins and there was no respite anywhere despite the time of year. We struggled along down streets nearly blocked by fallen rubble, broken furniture, discarded crates and barrels. Ana and Cousin Twiddie ranged ahead on scout. Both reported signs of other adventurers in the area, though I saw nothing until much later.

Once we paused at the sound of distant thunder. Gimlet pronounced it 'gonne fire.' Gadabout agreed and motioned us toward the south. Ana said something about the Gunnery School conducting lessons which set Gimlet to discussing trajectory, rate of fire, the shoddiness of Man-built 'gonnes' and other arcane subjects with anyone who would listen.

Eventually we came to the mansion. It was a typical ruin, partially collapsed, partially burnt. The remains of a stone tower stood at the northwest corner. The center of the building may have been a courtyard for there was an arched walkway connecting the southern part of the building to a northeast wing that had mostly collapsed. Gadabout said to hurry and search the ruin for wyrdstone as we didn't have much time. I asked much time for what? Gadabout replied we had no time for idle chatter and to get to busy. As we had at the von Rausbinder Mansion, we found much wyrdstone within the walls of the ruin although I only found one piece.

However we had hardly gathered our treasure together when Gimlet yelled 'what do you lot want!' I'm not sure what the Man said in reply because at nearly the same moment Ana shouted 'Now!' There was a faint 'whump' from a building to the northwest, then flames and screams. Two Men ran burning from the building. One collapsed, the other put the flames burning him out, but fell with Ana's arrow in him in the next second. On the east side of the building Gimlet was down bleeding with an ugly bolt stuck in him before you could say Hervey Furryfoote. Gadabout went down in the same volley. Ana was shouting, everyone was shouting. There were Men to the east and more to the west. Uncle Fantaginus shouted 'south! Go south!' at cousin Frito and I, so we ran out a side door toward a rickety bridge.

As I got the bridge I could see Gadabout fly toward a group of Men. One was down. Gadabout laid into the prone Man with his staff. Crossbow bolts slammed into the bridge. I crouched low and rushed across. Uncle shouted Words. A flaming sword like Gadabout's appeared in his hand. 'Gilcrist! The Foespanker!' shouted Uncle. More Men started shooting at Uncle. He swatted at the bolts with the sword and laughed as he walked along the bridge. Frito and I tried to make ourselves smaller and called for Uncle to get down. To the east I could see Gadabout had summoned Glam Ring as well. The Warlock stood against a crowd of enemies. Urrp smashed one aside and Gadabout stuck another down with the Sword.

Another volley hit the bridge. Uncle stopped laughing and fell in a heap. Frito and I stopped. Uncle roused himself and waved us on. 'Don't worry about me. Save the Stones!' he cried. Another volley struck the ruin that sheltered us and the bridge that Uncle was crouched behind. Frito and I rushed down a flight of stairs toward safety. Behind us all was smoke and ruin.

The Furryfoote Company deployment.
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf01b3127cce98548d70ce5700000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf01b3127cce98548d6f4f7800000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Random Happening 22, Burning Building. 2 Miraglean crossbowmen are felled by fire.
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf01b3127cce98548d7f4f6800000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Reiklanders to the east.
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf01b3127cce98548d66ce4100000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Miragleans to the west.
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf01b3127cce98548d62ce4500000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Long Hiddles hides from the Miraglean advance after being stunned. Nearly all the Furryfoote henchmen are down at this point.
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf01b3127cce98548d714f6600000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Fantaginus and Frito on the bridge. Urrp confronts the Reiklanders.
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf01b3127cce98548d7cce5b00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Tewiddie, Cook and Garn flee to the north.
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf01b3127cce98548d78ce5f00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The firing squad knocks Gadabout down. They will shoot until he is OoA.
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf01b3127cce98548d674f7000000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

It was a sad victory. We saved most of the treasure, though Uncle left his on the bridge so the Miragleans would slow their advance and allow him to escape. The Reiklanders killed brave Urrp and Piggy, but they fled from the butchery inflicted by Gadabout, Urrp and the Hedgewardens. Ana fell sorely wounded in the tower. She may not rejoin us for some time Uncle says. He has sold his Cathayan Silks for healers and medicines. Gadabout killed one of the Reiklanders. Urrp battered another Man so severely he was invalided out of the ranks. I should be glad, but nothing will bring back Urrp or Piggy or make Ana whole again.

After the battle we freed a veteran Hedgewarden who had been held in a dungeon. His name is Moxie Curlytoes. Uncle put a notice up for an ogre and almost immediately Urrp Too reported to the inn. Still it will be a smaller band of us the next time we venture into the city...
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others Icon_minitimeSun 30 Nov 2014 - 14:20

A Pyrrhic Victory, but a victory nonetheless! HURRAH FOR THE FURRYFOOTES!  cheers
The touch of pathos was appropriate for Halflings/Everyman point of view. The "Heroic" types who manage to emerge untouched have a less sympathetic view of the deaths & injuries their adventures entail.   Suspect
Back to top Go down
Harganok
Hero
Hero
Harganok

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others Icon_minitimeFri 5 Dec 2014 - 1:33

Von Kurst wrote:
Well there are all those elves.  Suspect Elf  Suspect

Now you have me thinking of dusting off the old Possessed or perhaps fielding a regular Skaven cheese warband.  I don't think any Undead warband would last long enough under all this shooting.  Although a late start wouldn't hurt them much...

Anyway:
____________________________________________________________________________________
Sundayheim--The Beasts Cometh

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf02b3127cce98548d6d66a600000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Occupy
15 Kaldezeit 2014

Gadabout arrived today!  He showed up at the inn like a whirlwind! Shouting and rapping on our doors!  The old wizard had us all up and inspected by cockcrow.  This adventuring life goes hard, I tell ye.

Gadabout insisted that we were late to our appointment with 'Destiny' or 'The Great Enemy,' in truth I could not tell which we were to meet or where the meeting was to take place.  Cakes and ale, tea, bread and some jams were made available, though First Meal seemed to come quite early and not as generously as is custom.  There were no eggs, nor ham, which Uncle Cook apologized for profusely.  Piggy made himself scarce for the meal.

Dawn found us marching resolutely toward the City, though not toward the Rich Quarter as has been our wont lately.  Rather we marched nearer the area of the Pit, a foul place of desolation which we have avoided.  Several meals were skipped or scrimped on.  'Trail rations' is what Uncle Cook calls it.  No ale, only water to drink, which we must carry with us as one must not drink the water once in the City.  Uncle Fataginus has been most strict about this.

Gadabout sometimes marched with us, but often rode his 'Horse of Air' to fly ahead and spy the land. Unlike our previous excursions, we met none of our usual opponents, nor heard rumor of distant combats.  Piggy and Urrrp ranged ahead, accompanied by Uncle Cook, who seemed unnaturally spry and aggressive on this day.

Finally as we neared a particularly devastated area, Gadabout rejoined us and Uncle F called a halt.  Gadabout called us all together as the sun set on the city.  I suggested a fire, but Gadabout said 'The Enemy' were too near and would see it.  As he said this there came a distant howl.  Gadabout said 'it may already be too late!'   Ana, who had been very quiet all day, said 'da, they hunt us now!'

Naturally we all found this very upsetting, well except for Urrrp and Uncle Cook.  Urrrp said something unintelligible in his deepest voice.  Uncle Cook apparently understood, for he said, 'yes, soon!'  He began sharpening his cleaver in a most earnest manner. Piggy, who does not like howling any better than I, crowded close to Uncle Cook and the ogre as though they would save him, which is not his usual opinion come meal times.

At any rate, Gadabout and Ana explained that we must occupy the four least destroyed structures on the next block.  I had not noticed anything remarkable about these buildings in the twilight (and they were now quite lost in the dusk).  Gadabout would not reveal anything about the objective other than that we must deny these buildings to 'The Enemy'.

Gadabout said that he would call the sword Glam Ring to light our way, but although he said several Words repeatedly and loudly nothing happened.  Thus we ventured into the darkness without a light, tripping over low obstacles and stubbing our toes.  Only Piggy seemed to be able to put his feet right, but the poor porcine was much put out by the volume of the howls surrounding us.  Gadabout continued to implore his Power for the Sword, the absence of which seemed to trouble him as much as the Darkness troubled us.

[The Furryfoote Company of Traveling Gourmands encountered Harganok's Beasts.  A photo record of the battle is currently enjoying a Caribbean vacation,  but should return soon, at which time I will either add the photos to this post or Harganok will put up his own report.

The result of our battle was the Furryfoote's first defeat as well as the first casualties to the Company.  Wizzer was killed as well as a newly hired but veteran scout named Namby, who was intended to take Garn's place in the ranks after Garn was promoted to hero.  Another of the Adventurers joined the company to return a favor: Gimlet, son of the Great Dwarfen Thane Vod Ka Kegbreaker, will fulfill the role of Dwarf Pathfinder for as long as it pleases him.]

Ahh, yes unfortunately when looking through my phone, I didnt have any pictures from this game. Looks like the only photos present were of the other battle of arabs v. Skaven we had. But as for the beasts, the brave (or drunk) centigor, Rog, perished after the battle. Everyone else survived, but a big setback for the beasts' in their first time out.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others Icon_minitimeFri 5 Dec 2014 - 3:37

You have my condolences...lost your Centigor AND the photos.   Sad
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others Icon_minitimeFri 5 Dec 2014 - 5:55

Yes the Furryfootes have killed more heroes early than their previous outings (when Cooks would die by the dozens...)

Welcome home! Hope you two had a restful trip.

Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others Icon_minitimeFri 5 Dec 2014 - 13:50

Von Kurst wrote:
Welcome home!  Hope you two had a restful trip.

AND WELCOME HOME to you too! We were only gone over night.   What a Face
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others Icon_minitimeWed 10 Dec 2014 - 4:20

Thanks Al.

Well the Holidays are fast approaching and Mordheim gets pushed to the back burner. So I'm just going to post up the photos I've been not getting done.

playtable wrote:
I hate Shadow Elves!
Skirmish
Night. No random events.
Dark Elves
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf01b3127cce98548d614f7600000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Hated Shadow Elves
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf01b3127cce98548d6cce4b00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Shadow Elves Killed Mortisha, the sorceress.
Shadow Elves killed a beast hound.
Hand injury to Zode, my High Born.
Zode got an advance of WS.
Only 2 heroes not OOA didn't find enough wyrdstone to buy sorceress back.

Chance Encounter
Sea Elves, another shooty warband but with 2 guys with great weapons and a skill to hit at normal.
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf01b3127cce98548d634f7400000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Elias' Mist Mage failed 5 times to freeze anyone.
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf01b3127cce98548d7d4f6a00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf01b3127cce98548d7ece5900000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf01b3127cce98548d7ace5d00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

I was starting to hurt him and we ran out of time. With 5 OoA I routed.
Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others 47a4cf01b3127cce98548d60ce4700000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

A new Shade died.
2 heroes to explore again.
Have enough to buy back Mortisha II and a beast hound but not the Shade.
10 members, Halfling scout, 155

Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others Icon_minitimeWed 10 Dec 2014 - 4:34

From a Goblin's point of view there is nothing more GLORIOUS than Elves killing each other off...I'm sure the Elves have a different perspective on this. COOL PHOTOS though!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others   Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adventures in Ostermark by Dimlit Furryfoote and V. Others
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next