Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Denizens of Marienburg

Go down 
+9
skaven123
JoaoS
floedebolle
Theorox
flipchuck
Von Kurst
NoisyAssassin
DeafNala
Alex
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

Denizens of Marienburg Empty
PostSubject: Denizens of Marienburg   Denizens of Marienburg Icon_minitimeWed 9 Apr 2014 - 14:07

so...

this is then my third gang for Mutiny in Marienburg, and the forth project I've begun this year. Maybe I should try to focus on getting something finished but converting is always more fun than painting.

The Watch is still very much work in progress since I'm trying to decide how to arm them. Some ideas however are forming. I only want one rookie since it's more fitting with old cop movies like dirty harry. I'm not sure if I should include a priest, would that fit in with the Watch, which priest would fit?

Denizens of Marienburg MiM100_zps3e984a52

Marienburg's finest

Denizens of Marienburg MiM101_zpsa44b2277

the captain, I'm too old for this shit

Denizens of Marienburg MiM104_zps4b7fcc6c

the private eye, a pain in the ass, imagine him like a very snooty version of Ichabode Crane in Sleepy Hollow.

Denizens of Marienburg MiM106_zps6d8dc541

the rookie, straight from the orphanage. Nobody told him that lawmen don't use shivs.

Denizens of Marienburg MiM108_zps18d0df3d

and the no nonsense working men of the Watch.

Last edited by Alex on Wed 18 Mar 2015 - 14:11; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Denizens of Marienburg   Denizens of Marienburg Icon_minitimeWed 9 Apr 2014 - 15:01

The Long Arm of the Law never looked better. Your SPLENDID conversions have a TREMENDOUS amount of character to go along with considerable amount of potential. When completed these Lads will be WONDROUS to behold. OUTSTANDING WORK!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
NoisyAssassin
Warlord
Warlord
NoisyAssassin

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: Bronze Tom Bronze Tom

PostSubject: Re: Denizens of Marienburg   Denizens of Marienburg Icon_minitimeWed 9 Apr 2014 - 17:08

Very very cool start to the warband. Love the theme and character that go into all of your models.

But AAAAHHHHH! The Rookie's arm! Holy mold line Batman!
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Denizens of Marienburg   Denizens of Marienburg Icon_minitimeWed 9 Apr 2014 - 17:13

Thanks Alan and Noisy, I'm glad you like them.

Don't worry about moldlines and other defects. These are just scetches, so to speak.

And I completely forgot to mention the mighty Pfreck's most inspiring warband. Check it out here
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Denizens of Marienburg   Denizens of Marienburg Icon_minitimeFri 11 Apr 2014 - 4:18

Quote :
And I completely forgot to mention the mighty Pfreck's most inspiring warband.

I do see some work that has been inspired by that thread  thumbsup thumbsup 

I'm thinking the private eye needs a magnifying glass...
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Denizens of Marienburg   Denizens of Marienburg Icon_minitimeFri 11 Apr 2014 - 7:43

Von Kurst wrote:
Quote :
And I completely forgot to mention the mighty Pfreck's most inspiring warband.

I do see some work that has been inspired by that thread  thumbsup thumbsup 

It can't, and won't, be denied  Very Happy 

Von Kurst wrote:
I'm thinking the private eye needs a magnifying glass...

What do you think those goggles on his head are for Wink

Here is the inspiration for the private eye
Back to top Go down
flipchuck
Elder
Elder
flipchuck

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Denizens of Marienburg   Denizens of Marienburg Icon_minitimeFri 11 Apr 2014 - 17:26

Very nice warband indeed. Beautiful conversions. And I have to agree, converting is much more fun then painting. I love having that "one of a kind" model. Which is why I love plastic model kits and even the new diecast models. Much easier to convert with.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Denizens of Marienburg   Denizens of Marienburg Icon_minitimeTue 6 May 2014 - 20:58

I dug out the Watch to give them some more work while waiting for paint to dry on my halflings.

Denizens of Marienburg MiM174_zps5aab5ec5

A Verenan priest has taken up arms to uphold the law in borough. But rumors persist that he might actually serve the dreaded Solkan!

Denizens of Marienburg MiM162_zps0ebd2fcc

Young rapscallions looking to escape on their fast feet should never underestimate an old watchman. A well placed crossbow bolt will end an escape quickly, as well as a promising career as a messenger.

Denizens of Marienburg MiM159_zps8af315e3

[WiP] The best way to control an unruly mob is by sheer stopping power. Old Jakob is a firm believer in the reliability of blunderbusses, as long as he doesn't have to clean up the mess.

Denizens of Marienburg MiM179_zps4b4b4876

Denizens of Marienburg MiM180_zps11990411

When some of the richer burghers thought they could get away with not doing their work shifts on the dock the strike breakers were called in. Hard men with hard hammers do not have time for burgher nonsense.

Denizens of Marienburg MiM167_zps35382eaf

Young orphans may start out as barely armed and dressed rookies, but if they don't get killed when partnered with a maverick Watchman they just might climb the Watch hierarchy.

Denizens of Marienburg MiM177_zps6fd4815b

While certainly annoying and odd the occasional freelance agent can provide insight into occult crimes.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Denizens of Marienburg   Denizens of Marienburg Icon_minitimeTue 6 May 2014 - 21:11

All the Watch Men look SPLENDID...nice conversions. AND the background scenery is WONDERFUL. GREAT WORK!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
flipchuck
Elder
Elder
flipchuck

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Denizens of Marienburg   Denizens of Marienburg Icon_minitimeTue 6 May 2014 - 22:19

Beautiful conversions. I really like the freelancer and I love the priest. Where did you get his body?
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Denizens of Marienburg   Denizens of Marienburg Icon_minitimeWed 7 May 2014 - 6:12

Great update. I really do think the sleuth ought to be a hired sword rather than a warband member, but I like the way he is being modeled either way.  thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Denizens of Marienburg   Denizens of Marienburg Icon_minitimeSun 18 May 2014 - 12:30

Thanks guys!

@Flipchuck - the priest's body and arm holding scrolls are from the celestial hurricanum.

@Von Kurst - yeah I agree that he seems more like a HS, especially since the coppers have six heroes to start with.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Denizens of Marienburg   Denizens of Marienburg Icon_minitimeSun 18 May 2014 - 21:51

The Watch is almost finished, that is the converting part, I still need to paint them :)There is still some greenstuff to add here and there to hide some blemishes. Speaking of painting, does anyone have any recommendations on how to paint them? Black hats are a given and I'm kind of considering giving them brown coats, a bit dark perhaps but I don't really see them being as peacocky as the Marienburg militants.

And if I get to play with them and like their style I'll have to convert up some more officers to come running when whistled for.

Denizens of Marienburg MiM185_zps6f9e4d44

The proud Watchmen

Denizens of Marienburg MiM188_zps23cfe2b4

The Captain with his whistle and prized pet, a rare spiked jungle rat he "acquired" from a cathayan merchant. The rat is named Okkiw.

Denizens of Marienburg MiM190_zps3fafc99e

An officer is running to assist a fellow officer in need, clearly the whistle has been blown.

Denizens of Marienburg MiM196_zpsa1cdb28b

A halberdier is good for dealing with more troublesome customers.

Denizens of Marienburg MiM199_zps226e864c

Feeling lucky punk? Don't even think about running away from these old codgers, they will still be smiling when the bolt strikes your back.

Denizens of Marienburg MiM193_zps11205ce2

Turnkeys have to be ready to quell any signs of rioting in the prison. They are known for their brutality and as such are often called in by the watch as strikebreakers.

I hope you all like the crew and I hope I inspire you to try out the Mutiny in Marienburg gangs. Please let me know what you all think.

Unnecessary disclaimer: I am in no way associated with Liber Malefic and obtain no commission from any referrals!  Laughing
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Denizens of Marienburg   Denizens of Marienburg Icon_minitimeSun 18 May 2014 - 22:25

You've done some VERY IMPRESSIVE kit bashing on the Constabulary. GREAT WORK!    thumbsup
Colorwise, when I think of the police, blue is the color that comes to mine...the Boys in Blue.   What a Face
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Denizens of Marienburg   Denizens of Marienburg Icon_minitimeThu 22 May 2014 - 19:50

Thanks Alan. I spoke with my mother about the different colours used between the 16th century and the 18th. She is a historian specializing in the 18th century so she always gives me some great insight into past times :)Anyway I learned that blue was a really hard colour to produce (at least in great quantities) so most working clothes were brown / grey. But since this is a fantasy world I might give blue a shot, otherwise they will get some grey mix, brown might make them too dark and peasant-ish.

When the witching hour is upon us nefarious forces stalk the shadows of Marienburg.

Denizens of Marienburg MiM204_zps49b3e3b1

Fen loonies creep into town to abduct children and steal their toys.

Denizens of Marienburg MiM210_zps67502ce5

Since ogres first appeared in Marienburg their annoying servants, the impish gnoblars, have been causing mischief. During the dark hours when decent citizens sleep the gnoblars roam the streets looking for trouble.

Denizens of Marienburg MiM207_zps004cf2bf

A mighty Stonehaven troll! I gave it to Edgar to play with and he sculpted a beard out of blue tac, he was very proud of it Smile
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Denizens of Marienburg   Denizens of Marienburg Icon_minitimeThu 22 May 2014 - 21:45

COOL STUFF...Edgar could be the next Salvador Dali!  The Ghouls with the Gnoblar heads are an inspired idea AND those G.W. Goblins look TERRIFIC for various forms of Evil Doers...as long as they're not called Goblins. Have FUN when the painting time comes around.   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Theorox
Warlord
Warlord
Theorox

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Denizens of Marienburg   Denizens of Marienburg Icon_minitimeFri 23 May 2014 - 21:46

I agree with DeafNala, those goblins are amazing models...they just don't look like goblins. Razz

Your budding warband is looking great so far. Simple, clean but very characterful conversions. Great stuff.

Theo
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Denizens of Marienburg   Denizens of Marienburg Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jun 2014 - 18:59

@Alan - thanks old sport! He is really curious about my projects and is always keen to carefully study my miniatures, while I stressed watch incase he breaks something or pokes out his eyes.

@Theorox - thanks mate! I'm trying to keep the Watch rather simple and neat, they are after all working men doing their job. The extravaganza gets saved for other warbands.

My watchmen recently lost a dustup with a local crime syndicate while tracking a missing tiger. The game proved the strength of crossbows and back up officers. So an other club armed officer has been recruited to keep the peace. He still needs some greenstuff.

Denizens of Marienburg MiM234_zps811f4cdf

The other night I picked up some different bits from my collection and started putting together some citizens. These guys add some flavour to the gaming board and are also useful in scenarios like the Frenzied Mob. They are almost all still work in progress but I figured you might get a laugh out of them Smile

Denizens of Marienburg MiM223_zps625087b5

Denizens of Marienburg MiM222_zps2b993f9e

A wine seller.

Denizens of Marienburg MiM233_zps93949662

It is rumored that this unkempt character has an official license to be roaming the sewers but nobody is sure about what he is up to down there.

Denizens of Marienburg MiM217_zpse5e6e036

This man is wanted by the authorities, who he is and what he has done remains a mystery.

Denizens of Marienburg MiM216_zps0e468a68

Something really should be done about the rat problem. At least before fleas the size of rats sucks on rats the size of cats.

Denizens of Marienburg MiM214_zps2c627490

Young students can easily become radicalized in the Universities. This wanna be demagogues take to the streets to fill the poor with dreams of a better life. All the while Tzeentch chuckles.
Not really satisfied with the one, he looks to normal and not like a warhammer student should look like. If inspiration strikes he will get a new look otherwise I'll wait with painting him until later.

Denizens of Marienburg MiM212_zps3da9f42d

Denizens of Marienburg MiM213_zps4a045783

I do believe I've showed him before somewhere. A strange character to us but an everyday sighting in cities like Altdorf and Marienburg.

Denizens of Marienburg MiM225_zpsaa13c72f

Denizens of Marienburg MiM229_zps0b1ebbc0

Beggars are a common sight all over the world. While traveling between settlements those suspected of harboring illnesses must carry bells to warn honest folk of their arrival. This usually result in the beggars being met by a hail of arrows.

Last edited by Alex on Tue 17 Jun 2014 - 14:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Denizens of Marienburg   Denizens of Marienburg Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jun 2014 - 20:14

SPLENDID STUFF! They have the not-quite-right Mordheim look to them...WONDERFUL additions to the city. GREAT WORK!   thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Denizens of Marienburg   Denizens of Marienburg Icon_minitimeMon 2 Jun 2014 - 21:07

Great collection of citizens  thumbsup thumbsup 

I like the student, but if you think you can make him more Mordheimy somehow, by all means have at it!
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Denizens of Marienburg   Denizens of Marienburg Icon_minitimeMon 9 Jun 2014 - 21:02

Thanks guys! I'm glad you approve Smile

Here are some new additions.

Denizens of Marienburg MiM237_zpsab652308

Denizens of Marienburg MiM238_zps27009869

A scribe.

Denizens of Marienburg MiM241_zpsffcfecc4

An actor appearing as the Primordial Annihilator. Hopefully his colleagues will enter the stage soon.

Denizens of Marienburg MiM243_zps7252ab79

An ogre youngblood.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Denizens of Marienburg   Denizens of Marienburg Icon_minitimeMon 9 Jun 2014 - 21:37

The Lads all have that bizarre Mordheim look...TRES CHIC! The Scribe's abundance of paraphernalia & the Ogres stumpy legs & low slung belly armor really appeal to moi. VERY WELL DONE!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Denizens of Marienburg   Denizens of Marienburg Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jun 2014 - 18:08

Thats what i call nice kitbashing!Wink

The horseskull guy rules!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Denizens of Marienburg   Denizens of Marienburg Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jun 2014 - 21:52

Bloody hell, so many characters! Your version of Marienburg promises to be full of intriguing adventures! Smile

Joao
Back to top Go down
http://fistful-minis.blogspot.co.uk/
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Denizens of Marienburg   Denizens of Marienburg Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jun 2014 - 9:31

Thanks guys Smile

I seem to be in a rather creative period right now. Ideas just keeps poping up, the only downside is that it makes it rather hard for me to focus on a single goal but once things calm down I'll have time to paint.

Denizens of Marienburg MiM260_zps34e66ab4

An other halberdier joins the Watch.

Denizens of Marienburg MiM259_zps201eadc9

Ruffians, hold!

Denizens of Marienburg MiM247_zps2f51a4a8

Sisters of Sigmar (early WiP)

Denizens of Marienburg MiM250_zps7d6f16ac

meat vendor

Denizens of Marienburg MiM251_zps1b9b358b

Warrior priest of Sigmar, I really ought to do a Mariner priest of Manann. This priest is also my Warhammer Quest character, tough as hell and poor as a church rat.

Denizens of Marienburg MiM253_zps5f61ee5e

The student acquired a signpost.

Denizens of Marienburg MiM254_zpsadd27894

Denizens of Marienburg MiM255_zpsebd76dfc

Hunchbacked musician.

Denizens of Marienburg MiM257_zps9148a243

Ogre youngblood.

Denizens of Marienburg MiM258_zps9d1fe4c3

Ogre halfgrown.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content