Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)

Go down 
+204
VoN ~ KRiMSoN
caratacos
Beastofburden
Coppermind
Benji
hexenjagar
Trulsa
Dreadgrass
Soulblight
Thumz
Kajiya
Tonka
Plutz
Karskin
Dorkman
sir-ronsalot
scottypotty
Reg06
Targetlock
Crimson Cobra
Frankdrabbytt
Contempt
_JC_
teh orc player
Rawfist Bloodyknuckle
Dahag
blindrage19
L.T.86
Lord 0
Stirlander
CygnusMaximus
Eisenblume
SiliconSicilian
Judo
Eliazar
Cian Shieldbiter
alveiz
BigEasy1022
GreyWolf
Exodite
Heart
hwd
Drongol
sartori
Keylan
Anthonius
crouching lictor
Zarkam
yugnat
pascal the rascal
Splendor
kidbone
toemasss
ChildOfKhorne
VilleVicious
Katsuhiko JiNNai
Figgy
Sybylla
Sven The Mighty
Mortimer
Back-Up Ninja
BurnTehWitch
Horatio
wyldhunt
Plague Docter
SoldierOfFortune
JAFisher44
Girr
Joker2and53
Fungomungus
hannibalisfun
rain9441
Svenn
kerill
perfesser
Jadex
lordofslack
black mantis
Wolfen
Stinkeye
Archnomad
Arathorn
way2blaster
Davespaceman
Dulu
mortosthegodly
Moonknight
embitteredsoul
Polar Star
cjp
Mexican_Ninja
Ancre
Tewfik
ImUrDentist
Goonstah
TarZaN
Rituality
Popmouth
outbreak
Tom O'Bedlam
Jaquemart
Trick3003
walkonearth
tuxedokman
Citizen Sade
extraman92
PorkSocks
Earthcrosser599
Horatius
The_Trans
darthblud
dwarflord17404
heylookitsmatt
squattingmouse
Crowbarr
robertrunner
Hamsterjoe
Dmig
Hans Grüber
Pentagathus
jerk_burger
usagi_tetsu
Goosetipher
Alcaeus
Blackjack13
Captain Yesterday
FrostyLobster
Von Kurst
Death Jester
magokiron
Fallen
Identity
PitFighterTrainer
Randomtask
werekin
Lord Xi
Ram Rock Ed First
Xarx
Chad
RandomRaefe
Drud
Inferny
Hawkeye
Deatheven13
Skavenblight
atzerath
Elmoth
Burlok Blackaxe
Oldcastle
CrazyOrc88
AjaxUSA
Ralron
GMillar
xarly22
VonStreusel
Fishman
catferret
bolerus
Unwanted
Chitriel
Ezekiel
scotty
Barden The Butcher
Random
Duce
witch hunter commander
Skavenslayer
rhuntar
ironbull
Exarch Thomo
thatirwinfella
DeafNala
Asgath
Lord Archaon
Jacky-Boy
Axel
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Pathfinder Dubstyles
lord siwoc
Jänis
Gen.Steiner
Boehm
arch heretic
organboy
zoglug
da green one
Da Bank
Konqueror
cianty
Pfreck
WarbossKurgan
barrskog
JohnYoung
Ashton
Tortiou
Brahm Tazoul
Loki77515
Yorik
Etienne de Beaugard
Hellfoot
Tagnator
Admin Tom
Erkwin
matt
208 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Citizen Sade
Ancient
Ancient
Citizen Sade

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun 9 Aug 2009 - 23:23

For a starting warband, I'd use the GC to buy more henchmen myself. Later on, with Witch Hunters, I'd take crossbows or crossbow pistols over pistols any day.
Back to top Go down
kerill

kerill

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Aug 2009 - 12:39

Warband for C&C, but first of all a rule query:

The third spell stench of nurgle seems to contradict itself- it says all living creatures within 6" are affected friend or foe, but then states that enemy models in 6" must take a T test or lose an attack- so do other carnival members also have to test?

Anyway have rustled up the following list after spending yesterday teaching mordheim to 4 other players. I've only ever played one game myself though so here is my attempt:

Carnival of Chaos warband:
"Heroes":

Carnival Master, sword, free dagger 80
Brute, two-handed weapon 75
Brute, two-handed weapon 75
Tainted one, hammer, free dagger, mark of nurgle 63
Tainted one, hammer, free dagger, mark of nurgle 63
(not gone for nurgle's rot since it seems to be universally hated, might offer to my opponent for me to re-roll the spell if I get it).

Henchmen:
Brethren, hammer, free dagger 28

2* Nurglings
2* Nurglings

Total models: 12 (rout tests on 3)
Warband rating:96
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Aug 2009 - 14:36

I tried out something new with my possessed this weekend. The biggest issue I run into is either you start with 5 weak heroes and dismiss them later to make way for bigger ones, or you start with very few heroes. So, I decided to try out a 4 model warband to start.

Magister
Dagger and Sword

Mutant
Great Claw, Scorpion Tail
Spear, Light Armor

Mutant
Extra Arm, Spines
2h Sword, Shield, Light Armor

Brethren
Dagger, Mace

This leaves about 12gc left. The idea was to send the brethren in and keep the others safe for the first few games until you're able to afford enough for more heroes. I played 3 games against Skaven and lost all 3. However, I was gaining a LOT of experience along the way. The last battle my Magister was taken out of action in the 2nd round due to being pelted by spells from the Skaven and their warlock (which was found during exploration in the previous game). This essentially killed this warband. They've got about 150gc saved up, but I'm not sure it's worth continuing with a dead Magister.

The biggest problem with this warband is the whole goal is really to go in and lose games quickly until saving up enough cash to hire some decent Possessed so it's really just not much fun to play for a while. Unfortunately, that's just how Possessed seem to have to be. You either end up with few, powerful models and are unable to win until building up... or your start with several weaker models and it's difficult to win until you level up and essentially restart all of your heroes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tabletopgeeks.com
rain9441
Champion
Champion
rain9441

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Aug 2009 - 15:49

Svenn wrote:
I tried out something new with my possessed this weekend.

I think you took it too much to the extreme. It would be fun to have mutants with actual good mutations but I fear with just the 4 starting guys one death will instantly retire your warband, and you're not getting as much "experience" as you think you are, as an array of 14 skaven will be getting (collectively) 14 free exp per game for participation while you get 4, 8, or 12 depending on underdog bonus.

I bet you'd find it alot more fun if you rounded up to 6 guys and saved for your possessed. Something like magister, mutant, mutant, beastman, brethren, brethren. The 2 brethen would be the guys you'd want to lose first to route, and the beastmen would be the guy who takes any extra hits if at all possible. Pray for lads got talent on that beastman at 2 exp!

Stuff like this kind of makes me nervous though because if by some freak of nature you managed to win a scenario and get 7 shards of wyrdstone (Usually happens when good players start campaigns and the first person they play is the "new guy") you'd get enough money to slingshot yourself above the competition and be unstoppable. If the reverse happens, you end up feeding and not really playing the game, but rather playing 'catch up'.
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Aug 2009 - 16:01

Yeah, I took it to the extreme on purpose to see how it worked. The idea was that the armor on the mutants would keep them alive while I built up. Now that I think about it though, if I have 7 models then I still route after losing only 1, right? Your idea might be better, with me starting with 6-7 guys. I could keep the mutants back and safe while building up a little bit, but still have a chance at something (probably not winning against skaven since they can start with like 15 guys).
Back to top Go down
http://www.tabletopgeeks.com
catferret
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
catferret

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Aug 2009 - 17:01

7 models means you take rout checks on 2 casualties.

1-4=1 casualty
5-8=2 casualties
9-12=3 casualties
etc

I'm also fairly sure one of the FAQ/erratas said you had to lose a minimum of 2 models before you could voluntarily rout regardless of warband size but that may have only been a Necromunda change.
Back to top Go down
zoglug
Warrior
Warrior

Personal Info
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2009 - 21:39

Hey there!

In order to join WBK and the fellow luncheimers, ive decided to use some of my Orc boyz and create an OnG warband. Heres my initial thought for my warband:

Borzag - Orc Boss - 103 gc
(Helmet, Club, Sword)

Zoglug - Orc Shaman - 50 gc
(Spear)

Grotsmeg - Big Un - 53 gc
(Bow, Club)

Grashnak - Big Un - 53 gc
(Bow, Club)

2 x Orc Boyz - 62 gc
(2 x Club each)

2 x Orc Boyz - 62 gc
(2 x Club each)

2 x Goblins - 46 gc
(Short Bow, Club)

1 x Goblin - 30 gc
(Squig Prodder

2 x Cave Squig - 30 gc

Total - 489 gc

So whats people initial thoughts? Dont think much will change in it, unless i contemplate dropping an Orc for more squigs, coz i love them!
Back to top Go down
hannibalisfun
Youngblood
Youngblood
hannibalisfun

PostSubject: marauder and restless and maneater lists   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Aug 2009 - 15:10

I just found out that my local game club is running a mordheim. Now I have never played mordheim or even warhammer fantasy. So, blame my crap list construction on that.

maruaders

Chieftain cost 95

halberd 10
seer cost 45

halberd 10
champion cost 45

axe 5

axe 5
champion cost 45

axe 5

axe 5
condemned cost 55
Henchmen(4)

marauder cost 35

axe 5

axe 5
marauder cost 35

axe 5

hammer 3
marauder cost 35

axe 5

hammer 3
marauder cost 35

axe 5

hammer 3
total 499

I would included war hounds but I am trying to minimize the monetary impact of the list. Since, I just spent about 140 dollars on two starting armies for Heavy Gear.

Restless dead list
Liche cost 125

shield 5
necromancer cost 40

shield 5

dagger 0
grave guard cost 35

sword 10

dagger 0
grave guard cost 35

sword 10

shield 5
grave guard cost 35

two handed 15
Henchmen(7)

wights cost 30

sword 10

dagger 0
wights cost 30

sword 10

dagger 0
wights cost 30

sword 10

dagger 0
Zombies cost 15
Zombies cost 15
Zombies cost 15
Zombies cost 15
total 500

I really don't have much to say about this list

maneater list
captain cost 145

helmet 10

club 10

light armor 20
mountian guide cost 145

sword 10
youngblood cost 45

sword 10
youngblood cost 45

sword 10
youngblood cost 45

axe 5
total 500

It seemed the ideas for list building was to max the number of heroes. When I did this there was not room for much else. I really don't know if this was the right idea.

oh yeah, one of the rules of this campaign is "A model armed with a weapon and sheild can make an extra attack at I=1 this attack roll to hit and wound normally (with users weapon skill and str) if a wound is made the roll for the injury is modified to this: 1-4 knocked down, 5-6 stunned."

I can't really make a decision of which army. In the end, i think it will depend on the deals on ebay. Anyway, any help would be much appreciated. Also, I hope this is not too incoherent but I wanted to get this posted before I headed to bed.

thanks,
Nik
Back to top Go down
Horatius
Warlord
Warlord
Horatius

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Aug 2009 - 21:18

Zoglug:

Your list looks fine except for the shaman´s spear. With his low ini the spear is useless, give him a club instead. And you should run your orc henchmen in groups of one to increase your chances for lad´s got talent - you will need it with only four heroes.

Hannibalisfun:

Your Marauders seem to be fine. I would drop the halberds, two attacks because of two weapons are much better than +1 strength. If you give all your models only one one-handed weapon (and use your free dagger in the other hand) you should be able to squeeze another marauder in.
For the Restless Dead i would drop the shields (except for the lich), a 6+ save is not worth it. Better buy another zombie Very Happy .
For the maneaters i don´t have a clue. I tried a list very much like yours and my warband was dead after 2 games because i lost the mountainguide and a youngblood - the ogres are very very vulnerable to shooting. You will probably loose one or more heroes every game, which will hurt your income.
They are a difficult warband to play against an opponent that knows his business and tries to deny you close combats - so good luck if you try them out.
Back to top Go down
hannibalisfun
Youngblood
Youngblood
hannibalisfun

PostSubject: modified maruader list   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Aug 2009 - 23:02

Here is the revised list for my marauders based on Horatius's suggestions.

Heroes(5)

Chieftain cost 95

axe 5

dagger 0
seer cost 45

hammer 3

dagger 0
champion cost 45

axe 5

dagger 0
champion cost 45

axe 5

dagger 0
condemned cost 55
Henchmen(4)

marauder cost 35

axe 5

dagger 0
marauder cost 35

axe 5

dagger 0
marauder cost 35

axe 5

dagger 0
marauder cost 35

hammer 3

dagger 0
marauder cost 35

hammer 3

dagger 0
as for your suggestions for the restless dead. It seems like a good idea but unless I am not understanding their rules, they are limited to 12 warrior in the warband. I am already at that limit.

thanks,
Nik
Back to top Go down
Horatius
Warlord
Warlord
Horatius

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Aug 2009 - 8:24

You are right, so try to exchange a zombie for a better henchman or save the money. I always forget that not all warbands have a maximum size of 15, but that´s my own silly fault for not looking at the BTB pdf. Embarassed

Your marauders look fine, once you have the money you should include warhounds as they are cheap, expendable and still pack quite a punch if used in conjunction with others. They are quite cheap on ebay if you are willing to go for older models or some dire wolves.
Back to top Go down
xarly22
Veteran
Veteran
xarly22

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2009 - 17:10

Svenn wrote:
I tried out something new with my possessed this weekend. The biggest issue I run into is either you start with 5 weak heroes and dismiss them later to make way for bigger ones, or you start with very few heroes. So, I decided to try out a 4 model warband to start.

Magister
Dagger and Sword

Mutant
Great Claw, Scorpion Tail
Spear, Light Armor

Mutant
Extra Arm, Spines
2h Sword, Shield, Light Armor

Brethren
Dagger, Mace

This leaves about 12gc left. The idea was to send the brethren in and keep the others safe for the first few games until you're able to afford enough for more heroes. I played 3 games against Skaven and lost all 3. However, I was gaining a LOT of experience along the way. The last battle my Magister was taken out of action in the 2nd round due to being pelted by spells from the Skaven and their warlock (which was found during exploration in the previous game). This essentially killed this warband. They've got about 150gc saved up, but I'm not sure it's worth continuing with a dead Magister.

The biggest problem with this warband is the whole goal is really to go in and lose games quickly until saving up enough cash to hire some decent Possessed so it's really just not much fun to play for a while. Unfortunately, that's just how Possessed seem to have to be. You either end up with few, powerful models and are unable to win until building up... or your start with several weaker models and it's difficult to win until you level up and essentially restart all of your heroes.

i have a lot of problems when creating a possed warband too.
they are very expensive, and the mutants have to start with a mutation always.
i prefer to start with 4 heroes, like that:

magister: sword, free dagger

mutant: mace, free dagger, shield and scorpion tale

possed: without mutation

possed: without mutation

2 beastmen: maces and axes

2 brothers: maces and free daggers.

the cost of the mutant with a mutation is highest than the cost of a beastmen, and the last one is better than a mutant with a mutation.

is the same case of the possed. For only 90 gc i have a realy combat monster, and without a mutation is cheap and effective.

i use only one mutant becuase a have to start the campaign with the most heroes as posible, but if i start with 2 mutants i have to quit 2 henchmen that are better than the first one, and i have one warrior less, that is very important.

in my opinion possed list is a lot of difficult to use, and more dificult for growing into the campaign for the highest costs of the heroes.
Back to top Go down
Fungomungus
General
General

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun 30 Aug 2009 - 11:45

Im a big fan of max heroes and minimal equipment.

I thinkthe key with possesed is that you have to have mutation. They cost A LOT, I know, but they are a must.

Magister- 70g dagger, club 3g

Mutants x2- 25g -mutation- 40g extra arm club 3g, dagger,short bow 10g
25g -mutation -40g extra arm club 3g, dagger, short bow 10g

Possesed x2 90g-mutation- 50g great claw
90g-mutation- 40g scorpion tail
total 499g

or 1 possesed w/ mutation for a total of 90g+ 50g mutation

Beastmen x2 45g each (90g total) daggers

and x4 axes to make sure everyone can dual weild axes/ clubs/ dagger

also for 499g (if my math is right, you may have to do swapping of equipment to get everyone with the right stuff. And the possesed is Always the right stuff!)

So 2 lists, all for the total of 499g, now, u have to becareful, because they are all heroes and you dont want them to die (not that you ever want them TO die). So u could drop a possesed and that will free up 130g or so and get yourself x3 beastmen (135g) with FREE daggers! Or x2 beastmen for 45g each (90g) and have 41 gold to spend on further equipment for your guys, like giving them axe (x5 @5g each is 45g i know, u could leave one of the mutants w/o an axe or just the magister an axe and give one mutant x2 clubs. This is a great start.. if my math is right (probably not).

Beastmen are bad azz mofos and with 2 wounds, you want them to advance, and have x2 wpns for extra attacks and hope you get "that lads got talent." And then you are on your way to HELL! or your happy spot; whichever you perfer Smile

And the next thing to get is another possesed and beastman as soon as you can afford it. They both have great melee attacks, x2 wounds. I like to make sure my mutants have ranged as well as my brethren, people tend to over look ranged, and those big guys really do a good job attracting missle fire!
-Fungo
Back to top Go down
Joker2and53
Warlord
Warlord
Joker2and53

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Sep 2009 - 2:54

So I was just playing around with the Middenheimer list, mostly to see if I could come up with something competitive, since Middenheimers tend to be a fairly weak warband in my experience. It's rather cheesey and uses some of the TC rules, but, tell me what you think.

Heros
Captain - brace of dueling pistols, two hammers, dagger - 116
Wolf Priest of Ulrich - Double Handed Hammer, dagger - 75
Priest of Morr - Scythe, Dagger - 35
Champion - Two Hammers, Dueling Pistol, Dagger - 66
Youngblood - Two Hammers, Dagger, 21

Henchmen
Wolf - 25 (available because of the wolf priest, wasn't sure if this counted as equipment or as a henchmen)
Warlock - Staff, Dagger - 30
3 Marksmen - Longbow, Dagger - 120

Total - 488

Any thoughts? - Three magic casters. Oh yea.
Back to top Go down
Girr
Champion
Champion
Girr

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Sep 2009 - 11:15

Hello every one!
Im starting a Orc warband and need some feedback on my list Smile Im gonna go with only orc's in the warband(Gobblins are far to weedy) with max amount of geard heros and the rest will be just melee boyz!

Boss: Lightarmour, Sword, Bow, 2handed wepn and free dagger = 135gc

Shaman: Sword and free dagger = 50gc

Big 'Un: Sword, Bow, Shield and free dagger = 65gc

Big 'Un: Sword, Bow, Shield and free dagger = 65gc

Boy: Sword and free dagger = 35gc

Boy: Sword and free dagger = 35gc

Boy: Club and free dagger = 28gc

Total: 497gc

*Thats a total of 10 models... is that to few?
*I know ppl are gonna question the lightarmour on the boss, so Im just gonna add, that the reason he has that atm is that the moddel Im using is a Black orc big boss so it would feel wierd to say that he dosnt have any armour at all...

Other thoughts?
Back to top Go down
JAFisher44
General
General
JAFisher44

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Sep 2009 - 13:48

Well, I finally got most of the models I need to start my Ogre Warband. Bear in mind that this is not the BtB Maneater warband, but the one I designed a while back. Hopefully, I can organize a mordheim campaign here in town so that I can finally test my warband against other players.

This is the warband I intend to start with.

Bruiser [185]
Ogre Club [10]
Iron Fist [7]

Butcher [135]
Hammer [3]
Axe [5]

Gnoblar Trappers x4 [80]

Gnoblar Fighters x5 [75]

Total [500]

Last edited by JAFisher44 on Sun 31 Oct 2010 - 0:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pfreck
Warlord
Warlord
Pfreck

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Sep 2009 - 17:54

Hey guys,

I was thinking about starting a Restless Dead warband. So here's the list of the starting warband. I tried to give them various equipment, to make them even more fun to play with. Smile

HEROES

Liche [145gc]
/ Light armour

Necromancer [ 50gc]
/ Sword

Grave Guard [ 50gc]
/ Double-handed Axe

2 Grave Guard [ 86gc]
/ Axe, mace

HENCHMEN

3 Wights [108gc]
/ Two maces

4 Zombies [ 60gc]

TOTAL: [499gc]

C&C is much appreciated, as usual! bounce
Back to top Go down
http://pfreck.tumblr.com
Horatius
Warlord
Warlord
Horatius

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Sep 2009 - 17:58

Hm, let me see..

The Middenheimers look o.k., i don´t like the priest of morr (he is only good against undead) but the warband is definitely playable. And since he replaces a youngblood..... go for it. But be aware that magic is heavily dependant on the spells you roll, if you don´t get any good ones you will struggle.
In a campaign the low number of henchmen that can gain the lad´s got talent (only the 3 marksmen) could be a problem, but you can always buy them after the first game.

Now to the mob: I like goblins (with bows they are decent ranged support and they are cheap) and squigs, but since you don´t like them i won´t suggest adding them Wink.
Drop the shields - they are nearly useless - and the swords on the two boys. Buy some more bows instead, especially the shaman could use one if he gets a weak spell. Or drop the 2hweapon and buy another henchman - numbers are the single most important thing in mordheim.

I can´t comment on the ogres - i don´t know the list confused .

I hope this helps a little bit!
Back to top Go down
Joker2and53
Warlord
Warlord
Joker2and53

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Sep 2009 - 19:18

Horatius wrote:
Hm, let me see..

The Middenheimers look o.k., i don´t like the priest of morr (he is only good against undead) but the warband is definitely playable. And since he replaces a youngblood..... go for it. But be aware that magic is heavily dependant on the spells you roll, if you don´t get any good ones you will struggle.
In a campaign the low number of henchmen that can gain the lad´s got talent (only the 3 marksmen) could be a problem, but you can always buy them after the first game.

Thanks for the reply. I don't expect I will ever play with this warband, I just had some Middenheimer models lying around and was bored one day. There had been a couple threads posted recently asking about the additional mercenary heroes (wolf priest and priest of Moor) added through town cryer, so I had then churning through my mind as I wrote the list. I suppose if I was really ballsy I would add the witch to the list as well and have four magic casters, but that just seems plain unfair, even for the generally weak Middenheimers. In fact, the witch article even recommends using the Middenheimer female model to represent the witch.
Back to top Go down
Girr
Champion
Champion
Girr

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Sep 2009 - 21:35

Thanks for the reply Horatius! Ill mix it up a bit and post later on Smile !
Back to top Go down
Ralron

Ralron

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Sep 2009 - 21:39

Hello everyone Smile
I want to start a new Mordheim Warband and thought about Dwarfs...
What do you think about this warband ? (The Gromril armor costs are a part of houserules)

Dwarf Noble (85)
Gromril-Armor (50)
Dwarf - Axe (15)
Shield (5)
Helmet (10)
Complete: 165 Crowns

Dwarf Engineer (50)
Crossbow (25)
Complete: 75 Crowns

Dwarf Troll Slayer (50)
Dwarf - Axe (15)
Complete: 65 Crowns

Dwarf Troll Slayer (50)
Dwarf - Axe (15)

Dwarf Thunderer (40)
Crossbow (25)

Dwarf Clansmen (40)
Dwarf - Axe (15)
Helmet (10)

What do you think about the warband ?
Too less dwarfs ?
But because there are only 6 Dwarfs and I get an extra Shart of wyrdstone I think with a good roll it should be possible to buy an extra dwarf with nice equipment after each battle Smile
(As soon as no darf dies...)
Greetings,
Ralron
Back to top Go down
Girr
Champion
Champion
Girr

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Sep 2009 - 12:57

Okay second atempt, 'er we go!
I squeezed in another boy and got rid of the shields.. It feels alot better nowStarting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 29 544694

Boss: Duble handed weapon, Bow = 105gc
Shamy: Sword, Bow = 60gc
Big 'Un: Sword, Bow = 60gc
Big 'Un: Sword, Bow = 60gc
Boy: Sword = 35gc
Boy: Club, Bow = 38gc
Boy: Club = 28gc

Total: 498gc
Back to top Go down
Horatius
Warlord
Warlord
Horatius

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Sep 2009 - 18:05

Ralron, i think you have too few dwarves and too much equipment in your warband. You will need to loose only two dwarves per game before you test for routs, try to get some more henchmen into the list (and you will need promotions to get the two missing heroes). In my opinion the extra income is not worth the lack of numbers.
I would drop the dwarf axes for normal ones or hammers (maybe except for the noble) and the helmet of the clansman. I tend to give henchmen less equipment than heroes because they are much easier to loose.

Girr, your mob looks fine except for the lack of gobbos & squiggs Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 29 Icon_wink .
Back to top Go down
Girr
Champion
Champion
Girr

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Sep 2009 - 21:59

Hehehehe thanks Horatius xD
Back to top Go down
JAFisher44
General
General
JAFisher44

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Sep 2009 - 9:35

I agree, Superdwarfs is a recipe for failure. Go for the bare minimum of equipment. Run lots of henchmen in lots of groups (for max LGT potential). Lose the Gromril. Even at 50 gc it isn't worth it. If you feel you have to buy lots of equipment, go with ranged. It kind of sucks that Dwarf ranged is so damn expensive. Frankly I think that crossbows are way overcosted. +1 S and 5 extra range are about a wash for move or fire, yet a crossbow is more than 3x expensive as a bow. But, I digress.

Here is the warband I usually start off with.

Noble (85)
Hammer (3)
Hammer (3)
Total (91)

Engineer (50)
Hammer (3)
Hammer (3)
Total (56)

Slayer (50)
Hammer (3)
Hammer (3)
Total (56)

Slayer (50)
Hammer (3)
Hammer (3)
Total (56)

Thunderer x1 (40)
Free Dagger

Thunderer x1 (40)
Free Dagger

Thunderer x1 (40)
Free Dagger

Thunderer x1 (40)
Free Dagger

Thunderer x1 (40)
Free Dagger

Clansman x1 (40)
Free Dagger

Total 499

I take thunderers over clansmen cause they cost the same, they have the same stats, they have access to hammers, and they can do range if things go well for me money wise.

Beardlings are tempting cause they are cheap, but I really don't want a Beardling Hero.

Granted, in my group we play by the rules as written for the most part, so no penalties for dual weilding. About the only "house rule" is that we allow people to fire a hero after they roll a LGT if they want the henchman over one of their current heroes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next