Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)

Go down 
+204
VoN ~ KRiMSoN
caratacos
Beastofburden
Coppermind
Benji
hexenjagar
Trulsa
Dreadgrass
Soulblight
Thumz
Kajiya
Tonka
Plutz
Karskin
Dorkman
sir-ronsalot
scottypotty
Reg06
Targetlock
Crimson Cobra
Frankdrabbytt
Contempt
_JC_
teh orc player
Rawfist Bloodyknuckle
Dahag
blindrage19
L.T.86
Lord 0
Stirlander
CygnusMaximus
Eisenblume
SiliconSicilian
Judo
Eliazar
Cian Shieldbiter
alveiz
BigEasy1022
GreyWolf
Exodite
Heart
hwd
Drongol
sartori
Keylan
Anthonius
crouching lictor
Zarkam
yugnat
pascal the rascal
Splendor
kidbone
toemasss
ChildOfKhorne
VilleVicious
Katsuhiko JiNNai
Figgy
Sybylla
Sven The Mighty
Mortimer
Back-Up Ninja
BurnTehWitch
Horatio
wyldhunt
Plague Docter
SoldierOfFortune
JAFisher44
Girr
Joker2and53
Fungomungus
hannibalisfun
rain9441
Svenn
kerill
perfesser
Jadex
lordofslack
black mantis
Wolfen
Stinkeye
Archnomad
Arathorn
way2blaster
Davespaceman
Dulu
mortosthegodly
Moonknight
embitteredsoul
Polar Star
cjp
Mexican_Ninja
Ancre
Tewfik
ImUrDentist
Goonstah
TarZaN
Rituality
Popmouth
outbreak
Tom O'Bedlam
Jaquemart
Trick3003
walkonearth
tuxedokman
Citizen Sade
extraman92
PorkSocks
Earthcrosser599
Horatius
The_Trans
darthblud
dwarflord17404
heylookitsmatt
squattingmouse
Crowbarr
robertrunner
Hamsterjoe
Dmig
Hans Grüber
Pentagathus
jerk_burger
usagi_tetsu
Goosetipher
Alcaeus
Blackjack13
Captain Yesterday
FrostyLobster
Von Kurst
Death Jester
magokiron
Fallen
Identity
PitFighterTrainer
Randomtask
werekin
Lord Xi
Ram Rock Ed First
Xarx
Chad
RandomRaefe
Drud
Inferny
Hawkeye
Deatheven13
Skavenblight
atzerath
Elmoth
Burlok Blackaxe
Oldcastle
CrazyOrc88
AjaxUSA
Ralron
GMillar
xarly22
VonStreusel
Fishman
catferret
bolerus
Unwanted
Chitriel
Ezekiel
scotty
Barden The Butcher
Random
Duce
witch hunter commander
Skavenslayer
rhuntar
ironbull
Exarch Thomo
thatirwinfella
DeafNala
Asgath
Lord Archaon
Jacky-Boy
Axel
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Pathfinder Dubstyles
lord siwoc
Jänis
Gen.Steiner
Boehm
arch heretic
organboy
zoglug
da green one
Da Bank
Konqueror
cianty
Pfreck
WarbossKurgan
barrskog
JohnYoung
Ashton
Tortiou
Brahm Tazoul
Loki77515
Yorik
Etienne de Beaugard
Hellfoot
Tagnator
Admin Tom
Erkwin
matt
208 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Exodite
Warrior
Warrior
Exodite

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat 6 Feb 2010 - 22:12

@Pfrek: I'm a real novice myself, but I did play skaven previously and if I don't go with Beastmen I will likely go with skaven again.

I have no experience using the flails, but they seem like they would be effective, especially if you use them to move in to choice combat situations (tie up opponents with clanrats and charge the stormvermin in to clean up).

I would look to drop the shields on the clan rats; with your remaining funds you could pick replace the daggers on the heroes and/or add some more slings or add an additional rat.
Back to top Go down
Dmig
Knight
Knight
Dmig

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun 7 Feb 2010 - 17:12

Pfreck, the skaven slaves aren't meant to be taken from other races, they are just weak skaven, I assume are taken during the constant civil wars. I guess they would take the role of giant rats in an eshin list, except you have to equip them so I wouldn't take them over clanrats personally
Back to top Go down
Pfreck
Warlord
Warlord
Pfreck

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun 7 Feb 2010 - 18:58

Exodite wrote:
@Pfrek: I'm a real novice myself, but I did play skaven previously and if I don't go with Beastmen I will likely go with skaven again.

I have no experience using the flails, but they seem like they would be effective, especially if you use them to move in to choice combat situations (tie up opponents with clanrats and charge the stormvermin in to clean up).

I would look to drop the shields on the clan rats; with your remaining funds you could pick replace the daggers on the heroes and/or add some more slings or add an additional rat.
Thanks for your input, Exodite. I'm trying some different things with my list (with help from Matt), I could also take a Rat Ogre instead of 8 Clanrats but decided not to do it in the end.

This is the list I have now thanks to Matt. The idea behind this list is to either let the Young Claws die or get fired in the first and second battle (one Young Claw in each battle). This way I have the room for a Clanrat that (eventually) becomes a hero through Lad's Got Talent. (hence why my Henchmen aren't grouped anymore). This way my LGT heroes are able to choose Academic skills, and that way become a Sorcerer! Again, a huge thank you to Matt who came by this brilliant idea! Smile

HEROES

Claw Leader [70gc]
/ Sword, free dagger.

Stormvermin [55gc]
/ Flail, free dagger.

Stormvermin [55gc]
/ Flail, free dagger.

Mors Sorcerer [55gc]
/ Halberd, free dagger.

Young Claw [20gc]
/ Free dagger.

Young Claw [20gc]
/ Free dagger.

HENCHMEN

Clan Rat [28gc]
/ 2x Clubs, sling, free dagger.

Clan Rat [28gc]

Clan Rat [28gc]

Clan Rat [28gc]

Clan Rat [28gc]

Clan Rat [28gc]

Clan Rat [28gc]

Clan Rat [28gc]

TOTAL: [499gc]
TOTAL MODELS: 14

I might give some of the Clanrats different equipment, any suggestions?

Dmig wrote:
Pfreck, the skaven slaves aren't meant to be taken from other races, they are just weak skaven, I assume are taken during the constant civil wars. I guess they would take the role of giant rats in an eshin list, except you have to equip them so I wouldn't take them over clanrats personally
Hmm odd.. I read something about that Skaven take slaves from several races on Strike-to-Stun (where I got the list from);
Quote :
The Skavenslaves can look forward to a short and painful existence. Their purpose in life is to die. The Skaven leaders always push them to the front to take the brunt of an attack or absorb missile fire. Skaven take slaves from all races including weaker Skaven from other clans.

Cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
http://pfreck.tumblr.com
Dmig
Knight
Knight
Dmig

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun 7 Feb 2010 - 22:44

they do take slaves from all races but apparently only have the skaven ones fight for them (check the statline for one) Skavenslaves are a unit in warhammer too - all skaven
Back to top Go down
Pfreck
Warlord
Warlord
Pfreck

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2010 - 13:10

Dmig wrote:
they do take slaves from all races but apparently only have the skaven ones fight for them (check the statline for one) Skavenslaves are a unit in warhammer too - all skaven
Strike-to-Stun - Skaven Clan Mors
Strike-to-Stun wrote:
All Races: Skaven slaves may be from any race including their fellow Skaven. The above profile represents the weakened state of all of them.
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dmig
Knight
Knight
Dmig

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2010 - 14:10

k so I guess I didn't actually read the list it just seemed perfectly obvious to me that no human or dwarf or orc or most races other than elves or ghouls have a 5 movement value.
Back to top Go down
Pfreck
Warlord
Warlord
Pfreck

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb 2010 - 14:45

Dmig wrote:
k so I guess I didn't actually read the list it just seemed perfectly obvious to me that no human or dwarf or orc or most races other than elves or ghouls have a 5 movement value.
I agree, it is kinda silly.. Hence why I don't take them in my list! Razz
Back to top Go down
GreyWolf
Veteran
Veteran
GreyWolf

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb 2010 - 11:59

hi guys.

I made a post else where asking for help and didn't see this section.

I am in the process of making a Pit Fighter Warband and will use the list from Town Cryer #14 rather the ones from Fanantic Issue #1 & #3.

for now my brother in law will also take a Pit Fighter warband as well so we can battle in my arena I am currently making.

I am a bit stuck on what wargear to take for the Pit Fighters.

I know I will be short of ranged weapons but considering so will my oponnet I am not concerned.

My list will have :

Pit King
Dwarf Slayer
2x Pit Veteran
2x Pit Fighter Initiates
1x Ogre Pit Fighter
2-3 Pursuers [depends on what I have left over]

• What armour do I take for the Pit King? H/armour+helmet?
  • I Know the Slayer is easy with regards to armour he has none. But what weapons do I give him? Dwarf Axe and a Gromril?
  • Will a Fist Spike and Brass Knuckle be a good combo for the Ogre?
  • I am thinking the following for the Pursers:1x shield+spear, 1x Net+Trident, 1x Javelin+Sword.
  • Is a War Chain worth taking?
  • I see it mentioned using monsters in the arena. [random scenario] what type of monsters can I use? was thinking of coming up with some solo rules so I can play a game if no one is available.
  • It also mentioned that other races could be used in Pit Fights. [though it did state using another Pit Fighter warband would be better] what restrictions if any would this warband have? so both are balanced.
anyhelp would be great.

Cheers
GreyWolf
Back to top Go down
http://greywolfgames.blogspot.co.nz/
BigEasy1022
Youngblood
Youngblood
BigEasy1022

PostSubject: Orcs and Goblins   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb 2010 - 18:04

Aight, I humbly present to you, Da 'Eavy 'Ittaz. If you could not tell in the name (::headdesk:: for those who can't Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 34 Icon_razz ) this warband is of the Orcs and Goblin variety.

1. Big Boss (98gc)
-Bow
-Axe
-Hammer

2. Shaman (52gc)
-Bow
-2nd Dagger

3. Big 'Un (55gc)
-Axe
-Sword

4. Big 'Un (55gc)
-Axe
-Sword

5. 2x Ork Boyz (60gc)
-Axe
-Dagger (free)

6. 2x Ork Boyz (60gc)
-Axe
-Dagger (free)

7. 2x Ork Boyz (60gc)
-Axe
-Dagger (free)

8. 2x Ork Boyz (60gc)
-Axe
-Dagger (free)

Total GC: 500

Not bad for a starting warband. 12 toughness 4 orcs running at you (assuming they don't attack themselves first). If your asking why no sword on the Big Boss, there are 2 reasons. First is that I modeled the left hand of the orc boss with one of the armored fists from the Ogre warrior sprue so I figured the only good way to represent the damage from that in game would be with a mace, second is that when the Big Boss is in combat the enemy model's to hit will normally be 5+, against a leader hero 4+.I figure my chances of parrying a little dude is slim to none, and just not worth the extra 7gc for the latter.

The only other question is why axes instead of cheap clubs on the ork boyz. Again 2 reasons, one: they all have swords or axes modeled to them, and two: I will be facing off against at least 2 Dwarven warbands. All with armor and their bonus to bludgeoning weapons. Any tips or advice is welcome, sorry if I droned on and on....and on and on....
Back to top Go down
GreyWolf
Veteran
Veteran
GreyWolf

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010 - 5:59

GreyWolf wrote:
hi guys.

I made a post else where asking for help and didn't see this section.

I am in the process of making a Pit Fighter Warband and will use the list from Town Cryer #14 rather the ones from Fanantic Issue #1 & #3.

for now my brother in law will also take a Pit Fighter warband as well so we can battle in my arena I am currently making.

I am a bit stuck on what wargear to take for the Pit Fighters.

I know I will be short of ranged weapons but considering so will my oponnet I am not concerned.

My list will have :

Pit King
Dwarf Slayer
2x Pit Veteran
2x Pit Fighter Initiates
1x Ogre Pit Fighter
2-3 Pursuers [depends on what I have left over]

• What armour do I take for the Pit King? H/armour+helmet?
  • I Know the Slayer is easy with regards to armour he has none. But what weapons do I give him? Dwarf Axe and a Gromril?
  • Will a Fist Spike and Brass Knuckle be a good combo for the Ogre?
  • I am thinking the following for the Pursers:1x shield+spear, 1x Net+Trident, 1x Javelin+Sword.
  • Is a War Chain worth taking?
  • I see it mentioned using monsters in the arena. [random scenario] what type of monsters can I use? was thinking of coming up with some solo rules so I can play a game if no one is available.
  • It also mentioned that other races could be used in Pit Fights. [though it did state using another Pit Fighter warband would be better] what restrictions if any would this warband have? so both are balanced.
anyhelp would be great.

Cheers
GreyWolf

anyone got advice for me?

Cheers
GreyWolf
Back to top Go down
BigEasy1022
Youngblood
Youngblood
BigEasy1022

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010 - 7:34

Well I suggest you take 2 DP's with lash and.... oh yeh Mordheim so sorry Wink .

To be honest bro, I have yet to run or play against Pit Fighters (our group decided to only play with Official warbands (as declared on mordheimer.com) but what you have there seems pretty solid, and I sure as heck wouldn't want to come across you in a darkened alley!

One thing that I've found with general warband setups though that may help:

Numbers to begin with (lots of guys to start, equip them better down the road)

Disregard armor early in game, if using anything equip helms for the anti-stun rules

Focus on equiping weapons first, when everyone has the weapons then you start
throwing on some armor.

As far as the Pit Fighter Warband specific ?'s I am sure there is someone far more familiar with them who could hook u up.
Back to top Go down
GreyWolf
Veteran
Veteran
GreyWolf

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010 - 9:37

ok here is a stab in the dark.

Pit King [80gc]
Helmet [10gc]
Dagger [Free]
Throwing Knives [15gc]
Sword [10gc]
Sword [10gc]
125gc

Pit Veteran [35gc]
Helmet [10gc]
Dagger [Free]
Double-handed weapon [15gc]
60gc

Pit Veteran [35gc]
Helmet [10gc]
Dagger [Free]
Sword [10gc]
Sword [10gc]
65gc

Ogre Pit Fighter [165gc]
Helemet [10gc]
Fist Spike [15gc]
Brass Knuckles [20gc]
210gc

Pit Fighter Initiate [15gc]
Helmet [10gc]
Dagger [Free]
Net [5gc]
Spear [10gc]
40gcg

Total 500gc

so what do you all think?

Cheers
GreyWolf
Back to top Go down
Dmig
Knight
Knight
Dmig

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010 - 21:18

I would drop the helmets, also the second sword on the pit king and pit veteran. That alone saves you 70 gc which you can use to get a troll slayer. Also with the brass knuckles they are bought in a pair so that means you don't need the spiked gauntlet on the same character. that would allow you to get another initiate which would be a good idea since you want the max heroes possible, and while im sure you'd love to get that ogre promoted it would probably be 4 games before you even get your first chance.

Last edited by Dmig on Mon 22 Feb 2010 - 21:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GreyWolf
Veteran
Veteran
GreyWolf

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010 - 21:30

Dmig wrote:
I dont have the pitfighter rules with me but is this the version where guys have to buy weapon sets or the other one? If you dont need them I would drop the helmets, also the second sword on the pit king and pit veteran

Why drop the 2nd swords off the Pit King and the Pit Veteran?

I was going to use the Pit fighter rules from Fanatic Issue #1 & #3 which have pre-constructed fighters that have "set style" [Chaos,Empire,Orc,Slayer,Ogre,Skink, and Witch elf. NB: these are not race based but more like that particular races fighting style] and "Set moves" [eg side step, jump back, leap etc. some have a wide range of movement style like the witch elf whilst there some with few option eg Dwarf Slayer] that they are allowed to do [you have to write down where your moving and where your going to hit etc]

the Rules from Town Cryer #14 are what I am going to use. its more free flowing and Mordheim like.
Basically Mordheim rules but in a Pit Arena. Both rules do allow you to buy equipment but certain weapon are recommend in the fanatic version.

I still need to make a second Pit fighter warband for my brother inlaw which most likely have a Dwarf slayer.

Cheers
GreyWolf
Back to top Go down
Dmig
Knight
Knight
Dmig

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010 - 21:35

2 swords only have any use if you have the swordfighter skill. Two swords are actually worse than a sword and club as the second sword gives you no additional benefit. Also the fist spike on the ogre is redundant as brass knuckles come in pairs
Back to top Go down
GreyWolf
Veteran
Veteran
GreyWolf

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010 - 21:38

Dmig wrote:
2 swords only have any use if you have the swordfighter skill. Two swords are actually worse than a sword and club as the second sword gives you no additional benefit. Also the fist spike on the ogre is redundant as brass knuckles come in pairs

this is what I need...I'm still working my way through the rules .... need to print them off find hard to read stuff on the computer screen.

will up date the list. Should i take a shield for the Pit King and Pit Veteran instead?

Cheers
Greywolf
Back to top Go down
Dmig
Knight
Knight
Dmig

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010 - 21:39

oops one more thing I missed your pit king cant take throwing knives, pursuers are the only ones with access to ranged weapons
Back to top Go down
Dmig
Knight
Knight
Dmig

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010 - 21:44

In the official rules shields are largely useless, many groups adopt rules to increase the effectiveness of shields and make using two weapons less powerful which you can find in the stickied dual wield thread. I would say if you are not currently looking to modify the rules dont bother with shields
Back to top Go down
GreyWolf
Veteran
Veteran
GreyWolf

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010 - 22:36

Dmig wrote:
In the official rules shields are largely useless, many groups adopt rules to increase the effectiveness of shields and make using two weapons less powerful which you can find in the stickied dual wield thread. I would say if you are not currently looking to modify the rules dont bother with shields

K.I.S.S [ Keep It Simple Stupid] I am not interested in changing the rules etc..... just want to set up a good balanced Pit fighter warband and then kick the snot out of my brother inlaws warband.

ok here is a stab in the dark.

Pit King [80gc]
Helmet [10gc]
Dagger [Free]
Sword [10gc]
100gc

Pit Veteran [35gc]
Helmet [10gc]
Dagger [Free]
60gc

Pit Veteran [35gc]
Helmet [10gc]
Dagger [Free]
Sword [10gc]
55gc

Ogre Pit Fighter [165gc]
Helmet [10gc]
Fist Spike [15gc]
190gc

Helmet [10gc]
Dagger [Free]
Net [5gc]
Spear [10gc]
40gcg

Total 455gc

what should i buy with the extra 55gc? get the Dwarf Slayer and drop some items off the others so he can get two axes? or try and get another pit fighter?

Cheers
GreyWolf
Back to top Go down
Dmig
Knight
Knight
Dmig

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb 2010 - 23:52

so you really want to keep those helmets huh?

oh and another thing your initiate cant start with the net, which gives you 50gc to spend. If you got rid of the helmets which most people will tell you are not as useful as an extra member you would have 100 left

getting the max number of heroes is always recommended so you could get a troll slayer and another initiate.
Back to top Go down
GreyWolf
Veteran
Veteran
GreyWolf

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010 - 0:09

Dmig wrote:
so you really want to keep those helmets huh?

oh and another thing your initiate cant start with the net, which gives you 50gc to spend. If you got rid of the helmets which most people will tell you are not as useful as an extra member you would have 100 left

getting the max number of heroes is always recommended so you could get a troll slayer and another initiate.

Ok will have a look at this then

Pit King [80gc]
Dagger [Free]
Sword [10gc]
90gc

Dwarf Slayer [50gc]
Dwarf axe [15gc]
Dwarf axe [15gc]
80gc

Pit Veteran [35gc]
Dagger [Free]
50gc

Pit Veteran [35gc]
Dagger [Free]
Sword [10gc]
45gc

Ogre Pit Fighter [165gc]
Fist Spike [15gc]
180gc

Dagger [Free]
Sword [10gc]
25gc

Dagger [Free]
Sword [10gc]
25gc

Total 495gc
Back to top Go down
Dmig
Knight
Knight
Dmig

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010 - 0:25

that looks fine, you will get more of a feel for what works and doesn't by playing. The other thing i'll say is that I think you should go for the brass knuckles instead of the fist spike since you have the 5gcs. From the way it's written I would say the difference between a fist spike and pair of brass knuckles is that you get two brass knuckles and one fist spike.
Back to top Go down
GreyWolf
Veteran
Veteran
GreyWolf

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010 - 1:04

Dmig wrote:
that looks fine, you will get more of a feel for what works and doesn't by playing. The other thing i'll say is that I think you should go for the brass knuckles instead of the fist spike since you have the 5gcs. From the way it's written I would say the difference between a fist spike and pair of brass knuckles is that you get two brass knuckles and one fist spike.

ok will change the Ogre to Brass knuckles.

now comes the interesting bit I want another Pit Fighter Warband that i can use against the one I've just made what should i use?

I don't want a clone of the one I've done it would be boring.

Cheers
GreyWolf
Back to top Go down
alveiz
Champion
Champion
alveiz

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010 - 1:16

How would you guys do a starting warband for Wood Elves (in BTB) following these rules?
https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/rules-and-gameplay-f1/athel-loren-yet-another-wood-elf-warband-set-t1704.htm

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Dmig
Knight
Knight
Dmig

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb 2010 - 1:21

If I were making a pit fighter warband this is what I would use:

1 Pit King
sword, mace 93
1 Troll Slayer
flail 65
1 Pit Veteran
Double handed weapon 50
1 Pit Veteran
sword, mace 48
1 Pit Fighter Initiate
Brass Knuckles 35
1 Pit Fighter Initiate
2 Hammers

2 Pit fighters
2 Hammers 76
2 Pursuers
Trident, Javelin 100

494gcs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)   Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz) - Page 34 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starting warbands - Post them here! (Read first post, plz)
Page 34 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next