Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

First Timer Questions

Go down 
+5
Captain Yesterday
Danielks
RationalLemming
Spectre76
Warshades
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
catachanfrog
Elder
Elder
catachanfrog

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

First Timer Questions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Timer Questions   First Timer Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jun 2012 - 21:47

In fact errata on gw site will only help you with Q&A cause downloadable rulebook is already corrected. Try using only gw related stuff for beginning - which are "mordheim resources" on their site and town cryers.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: First Timer Questions   First Timer Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jun 2012 - 23:42

Quote :
Well the thing is, there is so much info out there I just took that PDF as the latest correct collection of all Mordheim rules and options.
I do wonder at the amout of mayhem these rules are causing in the wider community. As far as I can tell there is none of the usual disclaimers that most people who post house rules include. I think the lack of copywright information, font and no illustration are big warning flags; but two of the most experienced players in my group have quoted these rules to me as official recently. And the new version of the pdf has been promoted on the Yahoo Groups!

Quote :
So we play Dwarfs and Witch Hunters. The matchup is a tough one on my small heroes, the hunting dogs are ridiculous good for very little gold, but they are definately catching up and winning more now I am focusing of bringing more bodies into the field. Even 25gold beardlings with T4 and 2handed weapons for 15 cannot be ignored.

Hehe! I realize you have a fresh perspective, but the idea of poor overmatched dwarfs does make me laugh out loud.

Quote :
But going back to the injury rolls. They are real character killers, aside from the outright death rolls most of the injuries can really throw a big wrench in your "cool" developing character. My Slayer with -1T injury makes him very very vulnerable on the board.

Sigh, the injury rolls are one of my favorite things about the game, though perhaps my gaming group may disagree. (My heroes are prone to Stupidity, drives me bats.) They give our heroes so much more character than the other skirmish games. (Stupid heroes aside.) [Insert long rambling story about T1 Jannisary hero with 3W, 4A and frenzy, Or equally long story about young 3-Ones, one-eyed, one-legged, one-armed cabin boy. Cut to end of story] Ah, the stuff of legend lad! Anyone can win healthy, what's the fun in that! Arrrrg!
Back to top Go down
Warshades
Captain
Captain
Warshades

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Chaos Dwarfs (BTB) Chaos Dwarfs (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: First Timer Questions   First Timer Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jun 2012 - 0:26

Quote :
Hehe! I realize you have a fresh perspective, but the idea of poor overmatched dwarfs does make me laugh out loud.

Oh I understand their potential, but those first games...geez, like 7 vs 12, they move way faster, dogs charging on 12 inch. It's was a tuff cookie. But very enjoyable none the less.

Quote :
Sigh, the injury rolls are one of my favorite things about the game, though perhaps my gaming group may disagree. (My heroes are prone to Stupidity, drives me bats.) They give our heroes so much more character than the other skirmish games. (Stupid heroes aside.) [Insert long rambling story about T1 Jannisary hero with 3W, 4A and frenzy, Or equally long story about young 3-Ones, one-eyed, one-legged, one-armed cabin boy. Cut to end of story] Ah, the stuff of legend lad! Anyone can win healthy, what's the fun in that! Arrrrg!

Mja mja, I don't know, I am somewhere in between I guess. I love the fluff and character it adds but in a competative envireoment it's hard to see your starplayers go down with a bad roll.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Timer Questions   First Timer Questions - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Timer Questions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2