Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)

Go down 
+12
Dreng Tromm
Spectre76
Paboook
Alex
sianpää
The_Ferret
kidterminal
mrtn
The Yak
Asus
DeafNala
folketsfiende
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) Empty
PostSubject: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jan 2012 - 9:01

So, done painted me some possessed! The inspiration for this gang came from a fellow forumite from Sweden who used Dark Eldar minis for his possessed, but since I can't find the thread, I can't give him the credit properly (help is appreciated). At first I wanted to go all Dark Eldar too, but then I stumbled upon the wealth of Dark Age miniatures, and decided a compromise was necessary, so I started scouring the web for fitting minis. So it is, that my possessed come from the following manufacturers: Games Workshop, Frebooter, Heresy, Spherewars, Malifaux and Dark Age.

First off, the Brethren, from Heresy and Dark Age (these models got halberds from the Men-at-Arms box):

Ltr: de Crécy, Homem-Christo and Bangalter
folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) PO_breth03
folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) PO_breth04

Ltr: Braxe and Zdar
folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) PO_breth01
folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) PO_breth02

Secondly, the Dark Souls, the only Dark Eldar minis that remained from my original plans (not yet named):
folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) PO_dark01
folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) PO_dark02

Last edited by folketsfiende on Sun 16 Sep 2012 - 14:31; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jan 2012 - 11:15

VERY COOL STUFF! I really like the Chicks . WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012 - 8:48

Some more stuff, though it seems my pics don't generate lots of comments, these days...

Anywho, these are the dreaded Hoofin sisters, Beate and Ute, Mordheim maidens turned beasts by the Shadowlord (or perhaps by not eating enough broccoli - that stuff is good for you!) after complaining about getting harassed by the many mercenaries and other scum attracted to the ruinous city...

folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) PO_beast01
folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) PO_beast02
folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) PO_beast03

Minis from Heresy and Freebooter. So, whaddaya think?
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012 - 12:18

The Girls are LOVELY .in a fuzzy, frightening sort of way that is. The skin & fur tones have a nice warm feel to them & I really like your brushwork on the skull necklace. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup

Don't let a paucity of comments get to you. These things tend to run in cycles; for the moment there are less Folk commenting &, of those, most are commenting in a narrow field of interest. Another thing is that the Gallery seems to draw less commentary than the W.I.P sections. In the Gallery most come to simply look at the pretty picture without much thought involved. clown
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012 - 13:46

DeafNala wrote:
The Girls are LOVELY .in a fuzzy, frightening sort of way that is. The skin & fur tones have a nice warm feel to them & I really like your brushwork on the skull necklace. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
The skull necklace is actually (which is even better, IMHO) a skull bra. Nothing like a couple of craniums to give that much needed support, not to mention the soothing feeling for the skin...

Kind words appreciated, as always! As for the skin tone it seems I've pretty much captured what I went for, if your judgment is to be trusted. It's always seemed to me that beastmen are real cuddly fellows, you just have to tame them first...
Back to top Go down
Asus
Youngblood
Youngblood
Asus

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012 - 13:47

Great job - really coherent possesed warband - it looks like the cult of Slaanesh, especially with those two bare-assed chicks Wink I really like the darksouls - great idea with using the Dark Eldar minis. I would work a little bit more on the skin (in general) and on the horned sisters - their fur seems a little bit flat. But overall very nice band!

P.S. Can't wait for the magister and the possesed!
Back to top Go down
The Yak
Knight
Knight
The Yak

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012 - 14:08

Hi Folketsfiendes.

Just reading through this thread as well as looking at the pictures reminded me of something.

When I first joined up with TBMF I spent ages looking at your various warbands with your beastman of Ind being one of the coolest warbands going.

I did not comment as I am aware some forums frown upon commenting on threads that have not been commented on for a while (The old unspeakable art of threadomancy).

Now you have a current plog I can say this.... Your warbands are inspirational and have for me opened my mind to looking at different companies models as opposed to always buying GW. For this I am Eternally thankful.

This bunch is another example of your eye for cool miniatures that work well together and my personal favourites are the guys in the first picture. Cant wait to see the warband all together.

Keep up the great work you are appreciated Cool
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012 - 15:12

A little comment about Thread-omancy: there really is nothing wrong with the practice; i.e., if you've found some old thread that you find interesting/inspiring/whatever chances are someone else will also &, since it's buried in the dusty back pages, they probably will never see it.
The one caveat: don't expect a reply from the author if they haven't been here for awhile...if you click the name of the author, it will display their profile & the last time they were signed on the Forum. This, BTW, is another plus in that they will probably receive an email that their thread has a new comment in it; thus they just might have a reason to wander back. clown
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) Icon_minitimeTue 31 Jan 2012 - 15:41

Thx guys! If I get the chance I will sneak in some more pics tomorrow. About the skin of the beastwomen: you're right about it being a bit flat, although the lighting of the pics makes it look a bit worse than it really is. Hopefully the true nature of it will be more discernible on future pics!
Back to top Go down
mrtn
General
General
mrtn

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) Icon_minitimeWed 1 Feb 2012 - 22:27

Nice stuff, my favourites are the clothed beastwoman and the dark eldar.
Not sure I like the beast skin, it looks a bit green. Is it snakebite leather? I'd personally prefer something redder. Could be the light though, and/or me being a complaining bastard as usual. Smile
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) Icon_minitimeThu 2 Feb 2012 - 10:03

mrtn wrote:
Nice stuff, my favourites are the clothed beastwoman and the dark eldar.
Yeah, the beastlady is a great sculpt! And I'm really satisfied with how the washes turned out on the Eldar.
mrtn wrote:
Not sure I like the beast skin, it looks a bit green. Is it snakebite leather? I'd personally prefer something redder. Could be the light though, and/or me being a complaining bastard as usual. Smile
Yes, I used snakebite leather, with a green ochre on top, so there are plenty of chances of greenish tint, I have to admit, but it was very much on purpose.
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) Icon_minitimeThu 2 Feb 2012 - 15:16

And now, the magister himself, none other than the trustworthy and philanthropic Onkel Bogdan, who has "helped" countless street urchins to a new life! Model from Dark Age:

folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) PO_mag01folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) PO_mag02
folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) PO_mag03folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) PO_mag04

One of the mutants Bogdan has given a new chance to a free life in the ruins - Porcupinia, a somewhat prickly young lady (model from Sphere Wars):
folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) PO_mupor01folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) PO_mupor02
folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) PO_mupor03

As you might see, she's very adept at finding contributions for the buffet at the Support the Shadowlord Fund Raiser (it's soon, you won't miss it, will you?); she brings a not very moldy at all turnip, a nice rat, and something that she had to put in a sack...

The first skill I got her was of course Leap, it was irresistible.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) Icon_minitimeThu 2 Feb 2012 - 15:39

The new additions are VERY COOL indeed. You have a flair for picking out diverse minis that all seem to work so well together & a unique painting style all your to bring them to life. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) Icon_minitimeMon 6 Feb 2012 - 9:18

The other mutant (model from Malifaux), who like Porcupinia has found a gourmet treat:
folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) PO_musch01
folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) PO_musch02
folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) PO_musch03

The two Possessed (two Dark Age models) Lepra and Verdura:
folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) PO_polep01
folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) PO_polep03
folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) PO_polep02

folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) PO_pover01
folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) PO_pover02
folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) PO_pover03

...and that's the whole gang!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) Icon_minitimeMon 6 Feb 2012 - 13:52

You saved the best of the worst for last...talking about Possessed can get confusing. That aside, you did a SPLENDID job bringing the trio to life in your own unique style. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Now all that remains is the usual Group Portrait...this ought to be a really disturbing one. What a Face
Back to top Go down
kidterminal
Veteran
Veteran
kidterminal

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) Icon_minitimeSun 19 Feb 2012 - 4:57

Wow that's a great gang of figures and they fit very well together despite their diverse origins. Well In my little opinion the malifaux figure does fit in with the others. Its the closes.
Back to top Go down
The_Ferret
Veteran
Veteran
The_Ferret

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) Icon_minitimeSun 19 Feb 2012 - 11:57

An awesome and original take on the Possessed! A good combination of figures from various sources to create a very unique group of the Shadowlords minions.
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012 - 9:08

Thx guys! I'll try to take a group pic some time soon, been busy proof reading and writing roleplaying stuff, alongside my studying.
Back to top Go down
The Yak
Knight
Knight
The Yak

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) Icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012 - 21:41

Some great additions since I last checked your plog.

I really like your mutants and possessed. They are suitably freakish!

A disturbing warband all round... So Congratulations Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sianpää
Veteran
Veteran
sianpää

Trading Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) Icon_minitimeWed 29 Feb 2012 - 14:59

Very nice looking warband you got there. Many figures I've never seen before and they seem to fit well together style-wise.
Allround good work, but those two possessed are the eye-catching ones for me.
Particularly the way you painted their skintones makes them look different than rest of the gang. Are they perhaps done with washes? Care to share your recipe of the first one (Lepra?)? thumbsup
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) Icon_minitimeWed 29 Feb 2012 - 16:50

sianpää wrote:
Very nice looking warband you got there. Many figures I've never seen before and they seem to fit well together style-wise.
Allround good work, but those two possessed are the eye-catching ones for me.
Particularly the way you painted their skintones makes them look different than rest of the gang. Are they perhaps done with washes? Care to share your recipe of the first one (Lepra?)? thumbsup
Lepras skin: Black basecoat, generous drybrushing of Bubonic brown, a lighter drybrush of a light yellow from Vallejo, a very gentle drybrush of Bleached bone (just to pick out the details of the skin), a generous wash of Ogryn flesh left to dry completely, followed by a thin and not very thorough wash of Thraka green. The spots are made with Warlock purple, with Space wolf grey on top. Verdura also got lots of washes, but I repainted and put so many layers on that I lost track of them all.

It was an experiment, but I'm quite pleased with how it turned out!

Last edited by folketsfiende on Fri 2 Mar 2012 - 8:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alex
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Alex

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) Icon_minitimeThu 1 Mar 2012 - 22:10

Great looking warband, seems there is a minor slaaneshi boom going on right now! It's really great seeing how you found so many different models that go so well together. Looking at your other warbands it is safe to say that you have a very personal and cool painting stile!

@DefNala Thanks for clearing up the rules on threadomancy, I was a bit concerned about this myself
Back to top Go down
http://echoesofimperium.blog
Paboook
Warlord
Warlord
Paboook

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) Icon_minitimeSun 4 Mar 2012 - 15:54

Folketsfiende, you chose some very disturbing miniatures. Good selection I would say Smile
Back to top Go down
folketsfiende
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
folketsfiende

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) Icon_minitimeTue 3 Jul 2012 - 22:41

Yowza! The start of my Strigoi Undead warband! I know these are not finished pieces, but the forum rules concerning what to post where are seriously strange... so... pics!

My Strigoi Vampire (a Heresy mini):

FLY, MY PRETTIES, FLY!
folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) SU_vamp_wip01
folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) SU_vamp_wip02

Skeletons:
folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) SU_skel_wip01

The two Strigany (one of which seems to be pretty cool with the Vampires bat fetish, the other one not so amused):
folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) SU_stri_wip01folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) SU_stri_wip02

folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) SU_stri_wip03folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) SU_stri_wip04

I have loads of Heresy ghouls to assemble and put on bases. I will post som pics later. These will probably not see any paint for a couple of weeks, but I will bombard you with visuals later.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jul 2012 - 0:19

You are an EXCELLENT member of our community, so please don't feel you are being singled out &, since most of the pieces in your thread are finished, leaving the W.I.P. photos is okay. There are a number of threads in the Gallery that also have work in progress pieces. The Gallery was meant to be a showcase of completed pieces only; ergo the Section's Title:

Miniatures
Finished Mordheim works only. Enjoy!

It's rather like the display case of the Forum. The best analogy I could come up with is The Display Case at my erstwhile hobby haunt, Men at Arms. Jim, the owner had/has The Display Case reserved for only miniatures that he approved for display. Among the Younger Guys & Girls there was a fierce competition to have their pieces on display in The Display Case; it was a distinct honor & a sign of accomplishment. I believe that Tom intended the Gallery to serve a similar function here. What a Face

Last edited by DeafNala on Wed 4 Jul 2012 - 3:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)   folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

folketsfiendes Forces of So Called Evil (New pics 120916)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next