Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim

Go down 
+49
theomar pius
Fat Rat
Zab
Narcissus
Paul
Spectre76
harryford
monkeylite
JoaoS
Captain Bernhardt
SerialMoM
floedebolle
FKSN
Von Kurst
superscenic
Tewfik
shanks
si
Pirexian
Ash
Pfreck
Boreas_NL
lord siwoc
VonHagel
dalanshin
Culain
Drakbar
Josef Bugman
Chad
MagnoliaFan
Eliazar
Lord Xi
Hawkeye
jackanory
Kapitan_Hak
KingSkin
xarly22
JohnYoung
matt
Erkwin
Da Bank
Duce
Admin Tom
Tagnator
Ashton
DeafNala
Unwanted
cianty
Ezekiel
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug 2010 - 12:10

Ezekiel wrote:
complete? Alan, you've been in this hobby for a while... Mordheim is NEVER complete! :p

You have a point there. I've yet to run out of things that I need to paint, model, or tweak; there's always some ABSOLUTELY-MUST-HAVE mini/model that just came out or some GREAT new way of doing things. It's a craft/hobby/passion that endures, grows, changes & is forever fresh & exciting....at least that's the way its been for the first 48 years Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Suspect . Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Fresse

I think the table could use a couple of REALLY BIG mushrooms. Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Fresse

Last edited by DeafNala on Wed 11 Aug 2010 - 19:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kapitan_Hak
Veteran
Veteran
Kapitan_Hak

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug 2010 - 18:28

Your City of the Damned looks really great and it gives plenty of unbelievable possibilities during the gameplay Smile!

Ezekiel wrote:
well, we've been playtesting a bit of our new variant of mordheim yesterday (we call it WitchHeim - still the project name - it plays around single witchhunter models per player, facing all sorts of dangers, more will follow on the game)

Sounds VERY interesting Smile. Would you mind writing some more details on the rules you're using?
Back to top Go down
http://hakostwo.blogspot.com
shanks
General
General
shanks

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2010 - 23:29

Ezekiel wrote:
Finally! the races have commenced!

last friday, we've had ourselves a go at the chariot races, on the nearly (that is, partially) finished race track.

a grand 16 players participated in the race making it a massive, varied and fun though slightly long game.
We've had 12 year olds, mothers, fathers, storeowners, newbies, goldendeamon winners and plain nutters participating in the game, and it was overwhelming! In total, there were 3 Chaos Chariots, 1 Squig Chariot, 1 Orc Boar Chariot, 1 Lion Chariot, 1 Dark Elf Chariot, 1 Tiranoc Chariot, 1 Rhinox, 1 Scraplauncher, 1 Tombking Chariot, 2 Black Coaches, 1 Skaven Doomwheel, 1 Beastman Chariot, and Deamon Lord Santah Claws. Some where amazing convertions, where others where just loaded with madness and fit the game perfectly! Smile
spanning 120 cm x 220 cm, it was a big table, and we just fit around it. The start itself was massive, and just in good old racing fashion, there were collisions, crashes, conflicts and deaths! (2 of us never even made it past the starting line! haha) 2 laps were needed in order to finish the race, and soon it became evident that not everyone would make it (in fact, only 3 managed to finish the race) With so many deaths in the first two turns, the start of the track was littered with obstacles, and therefore made it nigh impossible for the 6 live chariots to pass trough on the second round.
In the end, the Skaven Doomwheel finished first, followed by Santah Claws, closely followed by the Orc Boar Chariot.

Now, Some images for you! Smile

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Lineup
the starting lineup.

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Start2
the mayhem commences!

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 S

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Sideview

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 1stturn
the first turn is reached by but a few of us... (notice my brilliant move -Lion Chariot- :S straight into the wall! (wrong movement estimate led to my death...)

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Overzicht
those lucky enough to survive the first round make for their 2nd lap

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Santafinish
Deamon lord Santah Claws is followed closely by an Orc Chariot, but finishes just in time.
brilliant, ben hur for miniatures
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Aug 2010 - 17:45

allright... I just couldn't resist...

coming weekend we've got a 24h gaming night at our little club, where I'll be hosting a small Mordheim campaign.
I'll be combining EiF and regular Mordheim there, and wanted to provide the tables myself as I expect all our tables to be in use for other games.

so, I set out to make some more tables, more scenery, and just... MOOOAR! (nefarous geeky fidgeting with a scary smile Razz)

So, today, I tried out to put up all my scenery, and see if I have enough tables, and put together a campaign ladder on these tables. - They can all be connected, and I want them to be playing a little storyline together, with a nice multiplayer endgame (night of the dead - guess I need some more zombies Razz)

I'ts far too big to fit in my living room, but a quick compilation shows what it will look like on that gamingnight (which is open to anyone wishing to join by the way, shoot me a PM if you live closeby)

Here it is!:

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Compilatie

now, I still need to add some more grass, and add some more bases to some trees I have laying around, and finish up a couple of paint jobs, but you can get the feeling of it Smile

oh yeah, in total it measures 120x390 cm Smile how's that for a mordheim table? hahah - at least there's plenty of space to play the stagecoach ambush on!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Aug 2010 - 18:13

If you're planning a TWENTY FOUR HOUR GAMING MARATHON, you should have a LOT of Zombies by the 16th hour or so Suspect . The boards look TERRIFIC...can I come? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Aug 2010 - 19:40

erveryone is at all times welcom Alan! so yes, you are invited! and if you can't make it to the marathon, you can always drop by for the Amsterdam Meeting on the 24th of september! Smile

-hmmm painting zombies for 16 hours... jech! haha but there's 5 different blocks of activities, 2 of which I will host a campaign, the others I'm busy racing chariots, building more tables, telling spooky stories (if anyone has tips on which fluff is nice and grim, please advise! - I need a couple of spooky tales), and playing some other games myself Smile maybe I can fit in zombies during lunch and dinner! haha
Back to top Go down
Tewfik
Warlord
Warlord
Tewfik

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Aug 2010 - 19:57

Your tables look awesome and I wish I lived remotely close to pop in and experience some of the epicness that im sure will ensue. Id love to check out the Chariot races.

Regardless I like the terrain and have idea sparked from some of your creations, keep up the good work!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tabletopgeeks.com
superscenic
Captain
Captain
superscenic

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Aug 2010 - 20:10

I wish I could be there: coffee, geeks and gaming . But I am thousands of miles away, I will just have to wait for the pictures and send some African Magic to aid you in winning. Crying or Very sad

The game board looks gorgeous, very high Fantasy. Please remember to take LOTS of pictures, even if you are losing.
Back to top Go down
http://clemssuperartblog.blogspot.com/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Aug 2010 - 20:29

@Ezekiel: I'll be there in spirit...SO, if you get a CREEPY feeling in the middle of the game that will be moi. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Aug 2010 - 20:43

For a spooky tale, tell them of the performance of the Crew of the Violet Tendencies the last time they were in Amsterdam Very Happy

Anyway, the table looks nice, I'm looking forward to next month already! The Hung are preparing, you know. And if I hurry up a little, you really need to get your cannons ready, hehe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Mar 2011 - 22:28

Whoo ressurection time!

and I promise to post some new pics soon, as the table got expanded upon big time! (no Idea why I didn't post anything before...)

First though, a little question...

I've decided my town is located in Stirland, so now I've started adding details to buildings, first up, a massive mural sculpture in which I want my stirland army to battle 2 opponents on 2 different facades... question is, which 2?? I do not want them to battle undead, as that is already incorporated in their shields and heraldry (and rather large on those walls) so which enemies would you pin against Stirland??

any help would be apreciated, as I'm soon to sculpt the enemies, and I haven't a clue as to which ones! haha
Back to top Go down
Pfreck
Warlord
Warlord
Pfreck

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Mar 2011 - 22:59

Yeah what's up with you not posting shots of your "finished" table? scratch Oh I know; because it's way too awesome, the pictures won't do it justice!
Of course the river still remains dry, you didn't get around to do some water, did you? Wink

As for what other enemy would fight your Stirlanders; what about Skaven? I haven't decided where my Skaven are located yet, so they could be somewhere in Under-Stirland?
Back to top Go down
http://pfreck.tumblr.com
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Mar 2011 - 23:13

Well, barring having battle scenes of border disputes with her neighbors, the most likely candidate would be one of the numerous incursions involving Orcs. Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 2194
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Mar 2011 - 1:29

Stirland's hereditary enemy is Talabecland. Backstabbing heretic bastards the lot of them. After the Vampire Counts and Talabeclanders, orcs would probably be next.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2011 - 11:22

If you want your warbands to be from Stirland as well, you can show how they get beaten up by pirates Smile Which would actually fit with the fact that Stirland does have a river patrol.

On a more serious note, as von Kurst and DeafNala said, Talabecland and the Orcs would be fitting. Also, the Stirlanders kind of hate the halfling minority group, so perhaps you can depict a little halfling riot or something.

Also, everywhere in the empire is full of beastmen.
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar 2011 - 14:46

Yeah I was kind of edging towards beastmen as well... (specially seeing as I have a forest and mountains on the background now... Smile)
though my stirlang army is turning out to be rather large at the moment, and I do not want to completely sculpt over the mountains and forest again (really like how they turned out) so maybe I won't add enemies, otherwise, I think it would be Beastmen and Orcs...

Halflings simply won't pose a threat.. haha, and I have some in my warbands, don't want to piss them off too much lest I'd have to cook myself again! Smile

as for the pirates beating me at my own game in my own setting.. I doubt it Eli! keep your roster safe... I will strike back at them next time! Wink
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2011 - 12:16

well now... long time... but it's time for updates...

With the new Mutiny in Marienburg coming up, I got my jiggles back up, and after the couple of games we played I really got them up, and had to build more scenery (oh, and a warband as well, but that'll have to wait...)

First off, I decided my city is in Stirland (great going now that the new setting is in Marienburg) but wanted to build a bit of a fortress which can be used in water and on land, so I can get the riverguard to feel at home, and just cause it looks awesome to have a fortress on some jagged rocks Smile

it's a wip, and it will take a loooooong time building, as I have quite a bunch of plans for it, and needs a lot - A LOT - of greenstuffing to make everything connect again, and to sculpt the murals on the facades...

I started out with the old Empire fortress my brother bought once upon a time, and decided it would be nice to turn that into a gatehouse, and it evolved from there...

The entry into the city, through the gate, to the fortress, whatever the scenario needs Smile
Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Fort-front

The top view for the layout.
Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Fort-top

This is the mural on the broad side of the tower, depicting the striland army going to war, needs more sculpting still
Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Fort-mural

This is what needs to be added (rough sketch means really rough, there will be loads of details and structural niches to make it look cool)
Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Fort-side

I'm having doubts about the size of my balcony though... I fear it may be a bit too big for scale... though it fits ogresized bases now, I'm not sure that's the way to go??
any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2011 - 12:29

just realised I still owed you guys a total of my gameboard... (this is last september at our clubs 24h gamenight)
This is all mine, and has been expanded upon during the last months (though that remains to be painted... :S)

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Gamenighttotal
Back to top Go down
FKSN
Warlord
Warlord
FKSN

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2011 - 13:33

The size of the balcony is looking good to me. In fact the whole structure is a little slice of awesomeness. I'm really looking forward to see how it comes out when you're finished!
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2011 - 16:25

Nice sculpting on the mural piece, awesome!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2011 - 19:34

Ah, finally some pics! The mural looks really nice. Can't wait to see it in person some day.

Good idea to add some railings to the walkways, they were kind of dangerous last time,hehe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Apr 2011 - 20:35

Good to see some activity on your side Very Happy

The mural is absolutely cool (and the castle too)! You are working on Stirlanders now? Check out my army log here or on Warseer for some more Stirland related goodnes...

By the way, how is the little harpist doing?

Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Apr 2011 - 8:39

Feels good to be active! haha
Thanks for the kind words guys.

Boreas, I may not have posted much, but I've definetaly seen your army, no worries! looking great as well.
I've decided upon Stirland due to it's position, but not cause I wanted to make an army... in fact, it's gonna be quite a while before I will make a river patrol as well, other ideas have come in between...

What has come in is watereffects... I've tried multiple versions, but finally settled on Ziterdes watereffects, the same you use for fountains and that kind of stuff... It won't require a lot of material as I'll keep it very thin, doesn't seem to have too much trouble with shrinkage, and is easily patched up... only thing is the amount of layering that needs to be done, and of course the financial side of things... but for now, that hasn't been too much of a problem... sadly, I intend to make a sea at some stage... that will be pricey...

for now, I just started adding on my little river and sewer, and I love how it's coming out.
It's easily sculpted into shapes, dries out rather slowly, so there's plenty of time to perfect it, but will stay solid after that.

Here's a little sampler.
Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Rats!

this is just after I've done the second layer in my sewer, and it will dry out clear within a day or 2...
I hope 2 layers will suffice, otherwise it will be a lot of work! haha but I've a feeling this will be good.
On to the rivers!
Smile
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Apr 2011 - 21:59

Your board is awesome. And so many people to play at once. This is surely a fine experience.

Do you only play with friends from the gaming club or also wirh family?
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jul 2011 - 15:03

well now, again, a long time has passed, and not much has been done... I've been busy on other projects, and the weather is too good to pass on haha

but, I've laid down my table as I'm currently experimenting with after effects to make some nice little movies out of Mordheim (you know, adding fire, smoke, explosions, or just some burning embers)

but, while it was there, I decided I needed to finish up some trees I still had waiting around.

so, here's a picture of my full table (ok, there's plenty more, but it doesn't fit, this is allready about 5m2)

I added some tall trees (up to 35 cm high) and just got loads of inspiration going, but sadly no time to work with it... :S
Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Imag0510

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Imag0510
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim
Page 9 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next