Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim

Go down 
+49
theomar pius
Fat Rat
Zab
Narcissus
Paul
Spectre76
harryford
monkeylite
JoaoS
Captain Bernhardt
SerialMoM
floedebolle
FKSN
Von Kurst
superscenic
Tewfik
shanks
si
Pirexian
Ash
Pfreck
Boreas_NL
lord siwoc
VonHagel
dalanshin
Culain
Drakbar
Josef Bugman
Chad
MagnoliaFan
Eliazar
Lord Xi
Hawkeye
jackanory
Kapitan_Hak
KingSkin
xarly22
JohnYoung
matt
Erkwin
Da Bank
Duce
Admin Tom
Tagnator
Ashton
DeafNala
Unwanted
cianty
Ezekiel
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
shanks
General
General
shanks

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jul 2011 - 20:33

looks good
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jul 2011 - 21:15

OH BABY! That is PRETTY SPECTACULAR! I love the cliff & chasm. VERY WELL DONE...VERY! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct 2011 - 18:08

Ohh yeah this board is also wonderful, marvelous, simply stunning.

I admire your work.
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Oct 2011 - 10:51

Thanks MoM!

sadly I havent been working on it for a long time now, I've gotten hold of a stupid amount of High Elves I need to paint for my big army, and had much distraction over the summer, but I feel like it's about time to start it up again. Who knows, maybe I'll actually finish some of these pieces! haha
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 16 Oct 2011 - 18:20

Well now, got some white lions for my HE army... these guys are a pain to put together! there's only one way for each part, and even the smallest amount of converting takes a lot of tools and greenstuff... sadly...

It doesnt hold me back though, and exited I started ranking em up - that as well, quite a pain, lots of wide capes, big weapons, and wavy pieces... they look cool, but need a rather specific place in the unit...

that got me started on a unit filler (also, I am one model short of a 21 strong block, which I like quite a bit for hammering the foes) now, I got a nice little filler, in theme with three closely packed elves jumping over a log, to cut strips off their enemies bit by bit... and just when I started admiring the piece it hit me. Crap! no more ways of painting them! :s

anyone of you recognize this assembly frenzy and the lack of thinking of consequences?

maybe I should leave them all gray... :p
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun 2012 - 20:32

right, yet another eternity has passed without updates.
I've been out travelling for some time, but returning to Amsterdam and the upcoming Mutiny in Marienburg setting gave me a little boost in creativity Smile so I'm working on some houses that are gonna work brilliantly in a waterfront city and added some canals and bridges to my city.

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 10 Imag0710

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 10 Imag0712

Unfortunately there is still a ton of paint to be applied, and a warband to fix up, and a massive fortress I'm working on, but hey, it's yet another start at making this city more attractive to play in Smile
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun 2012 - 21:19

You're quite correct about the BRILLIANT part. These are WONDERFUL pieces that would fit with a variety of games...Carnivale comes to mind. I love the draw bridge. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup

I glad to hear the rumors of your death have been greatly exaggerated. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Captain Bernhardt
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Captain Bernhardt

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun 2012 - 21:49

wow, your builds are really amsterdam Marienburg rebuild.
well done!
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun 2012 - 23:14

right, so I finished of the raw shapes just now, just have to figure out a decent way to make removable flooring. And it turns out I'm flat out of wood to make supports for the overhanging floors. but I like the overall feel of the buildings. I might make some more before painting this batch up... ohhhh the projects.... Smile
Deaf, the brilliant part may have been exaggerated, but they do form a nice wall of sorts, so tactical gaming is encouraged Smile

Cap'n Bernhardt, Glad the inspiration shows through :p
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jun 2012 - 13:46

More houses!
Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 10 Imag0713
obviously only the walls have been done, and a lot of work will still need to go into them, but I like the feel they give off right away.

some larger ones, and though you can only enter them from one side, I think it would help out greatly with the mazelike factor of the city. adding some ladders and bridges from higher floors will also help with the criss crossing of streets without it being blocked off by other warbands, thus becoming more tactical Smile - and it's a welcome variation to the rougly same size blocks I had for buildings up to now.

sadly though, I realised I havent nearly enough space to put them on the table! so I am currently working on a 4th city vloring block. and boy do I hate drawing all these stones into the foam! :s

Let me know which of these buildings you like most, and I might add some more in this style Smile
Back to top Go down
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jun 2012 - 15:27

Now this is what I'm talking about! I love that street! Taller houses, shorter houses, differente styles, different doors, etc. It's very refreshing to see this kind of project.

Along with Theomar Pius' Dunbrough and a few others, this one really caught my attention.

So many times you see either tabletops with the same kind of house, or boards with scattered houses here and there. But all I want to see is a town full of narrow streets with tall houses. And some winding roads with different levels if possible.

Sorry if I can't decide which buildings I like the most; they're all fitting together very well.

Keep up the great work!

Joao
Back to top Go down
http://fistful-minis.blogspot.co.uk/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jun 2012 - 17:09

GREAT LOOKING STUFF! I'm afraid I'll be no help in deciding on styles; i.e., like JoaoS, I like the mix of styles & sizes...I love the turret on the left hand building. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jun 2012 - 12:23

Sexy! Can't wait to drop by yet again (of course only to see these new buildings Very Happy)!!

And I wish I had skills that would let my buildings look as good and not just a little better than crappy Smile
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jun 2012 - 13:30

I'm sure you'll whip up some serious buildings as well Eli! but yeah, if you need some more tips and tricks, you're welcome for a masterclass and some buttkicking! Smile

And thanks ever so much for the kind words guys.

Joao, making such streets is of course very nice to fill up your city with, but not really a good beginning of a board, as you have to make a stupid amount to fill the board. and, it does make playing somewhat harder, as you have very little room for your fat gamers hands between such tall buildings! (already found out that I won't really be able to reach the ground level of that tall building... :s

but hey... it looks good, doesn't mean I have to enter all the way! haha
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jun 2012 - 14:34

Yeah i also love these house fronts.

I would love to see more.
Back to top Go down
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jun 2012 - 17:47

Ezekiel wrote:
Joao, making such streets is of course very nice to fill up your city with, but not really a good beginning of a board, as you have to make a stupid amount to fill the board. and, it does make playing somewhat harder, as you have very little room for your fat gamers hands between such tall buildings! (already found out that I won't really be able to reach the ground level of that tall building... :s

but hey... it looks good, doesn't mean I have to enter all the way! haha
Thanks for the suggestions. I take your point.

On the other hand, I'm not so much of a gamer. Instead, I have loads of fun building and painting stuff, and I'm crazy about terrain projects (even though I'm only now learning how to do certain basic things).
From a hobby point of view, if we are so keen to buying and painting such detailed miniatures, why not do the same with terrain? Having flat boards with even houses and streets is functional from a gaming perspective, but doesn't look as good.
I'll see how my project goes and in the meantime, I will keep watching your beautiful town and its progress.

Joao
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jun 2012 - 18:16

haha, well, we're defitinely on the same page where it comes to the reason for this hobby Smile I got into it through modelling railroad scenery for my father, and that's what really got me into mordheim as well. and yeah, I'd love to build a realistic city, but where to put it? haha, I already have 7m2 of scenery to stow away in slightly crammed spaces.
I hardly ever play a game (usually only when Eliazar comes over for a meeting Smile) but love to make scenery for the occasional battle Smile

I'll try and post some more!
Back to top Go down
JoaoS
Etheral
Etheral
JoaoS

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jun 2012 - 23:07

That's the spirit! Smile

On the other hand, a friend of mine gave me a useful tip as far as storing terrain goes: you can put houses and other big items as ornaments on shelves in the living room and other parts of the house. This way, your guests can enjoy your art and you can free up some space from your hobby territory!

Joao
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jun 2012 - 23:57

hehe, well, my bedroom is completely packed with houses, boards and models, which my girl ensures me, is not much of a turn on... then there are boxes under the bed filled with more boards, houses, and foliage. My living room comes with a massive cabinet filled with tools and raw materials, there are raw materials behind the couch, and a bunch of rulebooks in the bookcase, and some white dwarfs there also. Smile guess I should just upgrade to a bigger house..

but yeah, a friend was planning on putting up his scenic boards as art pieces (complete with frames around it) which seems nice as well, though you'd have to clean up static grass every day haha...

but for now, they have a nice place on my work area, and storing is a problem for later on.
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jun 2012 - 14:19

roofed them! and added floors to the buildings. and in doubt wether or not to get rid of some of the roofs on the side of the houses so they can still fit in closely together.. :s what to do what to do.

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 10 Imag0714

Anyway, I'll be having some friends over come sunday so we can play test them a bit and see if they need more windows or not.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jun 2012 - 14:34

Very nice! Looks a little bit like looking outside the window in Amsterdam Wink

Anyway, are the floors removeable, or how are you gonna access the interior?
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jun 2012 - 14:51

Naturally. Everything is removable. I'm gonna glue certain items in place to act as handholds (finger holds if you will, as it is rather tiny) but you can lift each floor out - furniture and stairwells for example. Except for the small parts in the front, you can just leave your model there to shoot some suckers on the street Smile

it is all a bit less intricate than most of my previous buildings, but it works better (also, it works a lot better seeing how the walls don't have weird shapes in them, and you can just acces everything just through the roof.)
I've found that you don't usually have that many models in one buidling at the same time (no matter how hard you try! haha) that you need to be able to leave each floor in place while removing lower floors or just specific rooms.
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jun 2012 - 14:55

Also, I added more supports under the roofs. so now you will have a whole frame when you take off the roof, so it doesnt bend too much when painted. (a problem I had a lot with my other houses) I just copied the shape of the upperfloor walls and glued the roofs to that. it slides into place easily, and really keeps the shape a lot better. - in older houses I have a difference of up to 1 cm on a roof of merely 5 cm... looks a bit silly if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jun 2012 - 15:39

Ah, alright, so the skeletons of the buildings are in place. while the individual floors (literally) can be removed? Nice. With my buildings (of attempted araby-style), I made the complete flor (with walls) removable, but this way, it seems I need to fix the ground floor on the board (like your first town) so they don't shift like crazy every time you remove another part... ah well, I'll see and post some pics, soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri 22 Jun 2012 - 16:23

yeah better do that! Wink aslo, I just really like tto add bases to my houses of blue foam. it gives you a surface to engrave, and it kind of grips to the board. and the, just cram your board full of houses and nothing will be able to move anywhere! - including your warband, but hey, you tend to be a bit on the shooty side anyway Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim
Page 10 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next