Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Orc Mob - Fluff List

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Claus
Champion
Champion
Claus

Trading Reputation : 0

Orc Mob - Fluff List Empty
PostSubject: Orc Mob - Fluff List   Orc Mob - Fluff List Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010 - 15:55

Hello gentlemen.

I were running a Skaven gang in our first 2 games of our Mortheim Kampagne but will stop doing so as they are really much to strong (especially at campaign start ) I only used 6 slings for the whole Gang (all for the Heroes) and took ther rest in Henchmen (10 Vermikins and 2 Giant Rats)

So I will hire a new gang .... and I like the background of the Black Orc Mob very much.

So here the question:

How should a fluffy Orc Mob List look like at the beginning. I were thinking this way. Only the Black Orcs deserve the good things at the beginning therefore they got armor and shield.

The Young`Uns are here to learn to get famous and as I play a Black Orc Mob I need a Black Orc Young Un (no discussion about this point)

In order not to go to low in term of Gang size I were thinking of following set up

Black Orc Boss
Axe, Shield, Light Armour

Black Orc
Sword, Shield, Light Armour

Black Orc
Axe, Shield, Light Armour.

Black Orc Young`Un
Axe

Orc Young`Un

2 Orc boyz
Axe

1 Orc Shootaz
Bow

1 Savage Orc
Choppa

This would make it a total of 9 members for the starting gang which is not much. Some lucky shots with a bow will really hurt that gang, especially if it goes on one of the Black Orcs.
What do you think ?

Alternatively I could set up a maxed out variant (which I don´t like that much with regard to Fluff) by just using the 5 Heroes with Axes only and then 7 Orc Boyz with Axes.

What would you advice of being a good starting gang Fluffwise and also in terms of gameplay.

Regards
Claus
Back to top Go down
Rudeboy
Elder
Elder
Rudeboy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Orc Mob - Fluff List   Orc Mob - Fluff List Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010 - 20:08

get clubs, the errata says you can so I would highly suggest it.

1. They are cheap
2. They are better then Axes
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Orc Mob - Fluff List   Orc Mob - Fluff List Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2010 - 22:30

The errata for Orcs & Goblins says you may take clubs, but i have not seen the same for Black Orcs. Am i mistaken?

I can say that black orcs with heavy armor, shields and choppas are very effective, having fought many times against them!

Last edited by Pathfinder Dubstyles on Wed 23 Jun 2010 - 13:37; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
Claus
Champion
Champion
Claus

PostSubject: Re: Orc Mob - Fluff List   Orc Mob - Fluff List Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2010 - 7:40

@Pathfinder

As the Errata is only talking about Orcs I would say that Clubs are not available for Black Orcs.
They are the better, bigger and nastier guys who don´t touch the smelly things like an old club.

They like armor and good weapon.... Wink

I will only take Clubs for my henchmen.....it´s more fluffy this way.....I think.

Regards
Claus
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orc Mob - Fluff List   Orc Mob - Fluff List Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orc Mob - Fluff List
Page 1 of 1