Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Orc Fluff

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Exarch Thomo
Knight
Knight
Exarch Thomo

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

Orc Fluff Empty
PostSubject: Orc Fluff   Orc Fluff Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2008 - 6:51

Instead of doing what I should be doing, I wrote some quick fluff for my planned orc warband. Tell me what you think.

Smoke drifted through the dimly lit tavern, a roaring fire warming the room but shrouding everything in thick black smoke. Noise filled the room, the din of conversation mixing with the clinking of goblets, scraping of chairs and the myriad other noises that accompanied the bustling tavern. Being one of the few drinking establishments left unscathed by the catastrophe that had hit mordheim, the Green Wyvern did a brisk trade.
The bar was packed as the patrons fought to ward off the chill weather, and already a number of minor scuffles had broken out.
Suddenly one of the big glass windows at the front exploded, as something round and red flew through them, followed closely by a small, green screaming figure. The two creatures sent tankards and plates flying as they crashed through a table.
Shocked silence filled the bar as the stunned patrons watched the events unfold. The small green figure sat up and shook its head, trying to clear it. Meanwhile the red thing squirmed around before flipping over. Two glowing red eyes surveyed the room before it beared a mouthful of huge pointed teeth in a malicious grin. With a snarl it launched itself at the nearest human, latching on to the unfortunate victims head. Seeing this, and finding itself in a room full of humans all alone the small goblin let out a terrified scream and fainted.
As if a spell was broken utter chaos broke lose. People rushed around in a panic, some reaching for weapons, eager to engage the creature, while others tried desperately to escape. The end result was a huge mess of shouting humanity, pierced by the occasional snapping of giant teeth and cries of pain.
And then the two doors at the front were flung open, hitting the wall with such force that one come completely off the hinge. A massive figure stood in the doorway, a sword in one hand and a giant, brutal looking axe clenched in the other. Eyes burning with barely suppressed rage, the large orc let out a deafening roar.
"Right ladz, dis is our new camp. Lets clean it out, da drinks are one me!"
With another roar the massive orc Boss charged into the crowded room, followed by the rest of his warband, choppas cleaving into flesh as they entered the fray.
The Orcs had come to Mordheim.

Last edited by Exarch Thomo on Sat 12 Jul 2008 - 10:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Boehm
General
General
Boehm

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

Orc Fluff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orc Fluff   Orc Fluff Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2008 - 8:51

Not bad ...but from a niceness perspective I think I like Toms pacifist band better ...somehow they just seem more cudly (how the heck do u spell that)
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Orc Fluff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orc Fluff   Orc Fluff Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2008 - 10:12

WAAGH! Orc Fluff 665330

COOL! Every good adventure story should start in a tavern, or, at any rate, they ALL seem to. Nice cinematic setting & a good choice for the gang's hangout ,especially if the bar is stocked [serves the humies right;i.e, couldn't hold on to their drink(s)].

Now, if yo want to stock the place with good Mushroom Brew contact the Red Brotherhood at the Flat Cat. Suspect What's your War Band's name? Can't be a Proper War Band without a Dead Cool Name. Orc Fluff 387809
Back to top Go down
Exarch Thomo
Knight
Knight
Exarch Thomo

Personal Info

Orc Fluff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orc Fluff   Orc Fluff Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2008 - 12:05

Thanks.
Not too sure of a name yet - although it will be something orcy - threatening yet comical at the same time
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info

Orc Fluff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orc Fluff   Orc Fluff Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2008 - 14:23

The Tavern needs a name. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ashton
Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Personal Info

Orc Fluff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orc Fluff   Orc Fluff Icon_minitimeFri 11 Jul 2008 - 18:20

Hahaha. Great work. I like it a lot. I've been trying to come up with a name for my orc warband.... I think I'm stuck on "sun crusha's"

Boehm wrote:
... cudly (how the heck do u spell that)
cuddle + y = cuddly
Back to top Go down
http://mordheim.ashtonsanders.com
Exarch Thomo
Knight
Knight
Exarch Thomo

Personal Info

Orc Fluff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orc Fluff   Orc Fluff Icon_minitimeSat 12 Jul 2008 - 11:09

Da Bank wrote:
The Tavern needs a name. Very Happy

Sorry, it got left out when I cut and pasted. The taverns name is The Green Wyvern.

Thanks for the responses guys - will keep chipping away at it a bit further. I'd like to try one from the orcs perspective as well - showing how the squig and the goblin ended up getting thrown through the window.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Achievements earned: none

Orc Fluff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orc Fluff   Orc Fluff Icon_minitimeSat 12 Jul 2008 - 12:13

Exarch Thomo wrote:
I'd like to try one from the orcs perspective as well - showing how the squig and the goblin ended up getting thrown through the window.

lol!
Many Moons ago, I was wandering into a local drinking establishment, when erstwhiles friend Fitz exited through a leaded glass window [without Squig Suspect ]. The reason for this means of departure: A VERY HEATED RULES DISCUSSION [I've NEVER found a good enough reason to discuss rules thereafter Wink ].

A few years ago in W.D., Gav Thorpe said he thought of the Orcs as Scots, which of course would make the Goblins Irish. SOOOOOOOOO...........I've give ALL my Night Goblins & Ubergoblins (Orcs) Irish sounding names. Whatever method you come up with, naming your little warriors, wizards, & whatever adds a lot to the charater of the band AND it's a helluva a lot of fun.

Looking forward to more fluff & some pics, if you have the capability. So far, GREAT STUFF! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Orc Fluff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orc Fluff   Orc Fluff Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orc Fluff
Page 1 of 1