Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Mordheim fluff.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mushroom
Youngblood
Youngblood
Mushroom

Trading Reputation : 0

Mordheim fluff. Empty
PostSubject: Mordheim fluff.   Mordheim fluff. Icon_minitimeMon 23 Feb 2009 - 0:12

Me and some of my buddies who have been playing Mordheim a lot think it would be a great idea to play some DND set in Mordheim, or just the Warhammer world in general.
And I was wondering if there is any place you can get some more Mordheim fluff? Or even a map of the place?
There is very little in the rule book as far as I can see. And most of the info is just on the Empire in general.

I did see the earlier posts, but for some reason they don't seem to work for me Sad
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

Mordheim fluff. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim fluff.   Mordheim fluff. Icon_minitimeMon 23 Feb 2009 - 0:40

For a map...just google mordheim map and several should be found through some searching.

Next, there is very limited fluff for Mordheim as the history was created in 1999 and was not fully adopted by Warhammer Fantasy. It pretty now is but in the beginning it was not.

In Warhammer terms Mordheim was destroyed by Von Carstein in 2010.
Back to top Go down
PitFighterTrainer
Ancient
Ancient
PitFighterTrainer

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pit Fighters (Unofficial) Pit Fighters (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Mordheim fluff. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim fluff.   Mordheim fluff. Icon_minitimeMon 23 Feb 2009 - 0:49

Mordheim City Map

There's a link to the city map.
Back to top Go down
Mushroom
Youngblood
Youngblood
Mushroom

Mordheim fluff. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim fluff.   Mordheim fluff. Icon_minitimeMon 23 Feb 2009 - 10:21

Nice map. Silly my for not using google. But any fluff would still be a big help.
Or just Warhammer fluff in general from that time period.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

Mordheim fluff. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim fluff.   Mordheim fluff. Icon_minitimeMon 23 Feb 2009 - 10:36

I don't think there is much more fluff than that you can find in the articles in this section and the rulebooks (Mordheim and Empire in Flames).

As WHFB is set 500 years after, most of the official fluff production is focussed on this period.
Back to top Go down
Mushroom
Youngblood
Youngblood
Mushroom

Mordheim fluff. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim fluff.   Mordheim fluff. Icon_minitimeMon 23 Feb 2009 - 14:39

What I have been able to gather so far....

Mordheim was the capitol city of the Ostermark province of the empire.

Struck down by the comet on new years eve 1999 (roughly 500 years ago).
Wyrdstones scatter all over, found some nice info about them on Wikipedia.

10 Years later Von Carstein's war on the Empire began.

The city is razed later by Emperor Magnus, although some sources simply say by the Grand Theogonist. Found the date last night but haven't been able to find it again.

On the empire in general at that time. Blackpowder is used all around and I guess magic hasn't really been intruduced yet, since Teclis wont arrive for another 400-500 years.

Ostermark map, although I guess it's current.
http://www.warhammer-empire.com/library/images/maps/Ostermark_v2.jpg

But more info is always welcome!
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

Mordheim fluff. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim fluff.   Mordheim fluff. Icon_minitimeMon 23 Feb 2009 - 15:00

As far as I know, Teclis has been around about 300 years later.

However, I would say that magic was widely used (after all, Teclis only helped founding the magic schools and did not bring magic itself), because that's what witch hunters is all about - finding magic users and killing them, and blackpowder weapons were only in the early developing stages, unreliable and expensive (as the heigth of blackpowder technology appears to be in WHFB, ie. 500 years later).
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

Mordheim fluff. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim fluff.   Mordheim fluff. Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009 - 0:30

Yup, pretty much that is it. Seriously, it is a bummer. I have been involved with Mordheim since the inception that that is it.

The only extra fluff is what is in the printed rule book. I might have stashed away a copy of the book with all the fluff still in it. Originally, the pdf rule book had all the pages in it but the made is smaller by taking out all the "extra" but it does not say much more. There are some articles in white dwarfs 220-245s. Please check out this area but look for WD whatever number I listed as there is some scanned material.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

Mordheim fluff. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim fluff.   Mordheim fluff. Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009 - 0:31

Did you check out the Town Cryer thread? It has links to all the town cryers and there you will find more fluff.
Back to top Go down
Mushroom
Youngblood
Youngblood
Mushroom

Mordheim fluff. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim fluff.   Mordheim fluff. Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009 - 12:08

Doesn't work for me at work, site blocked.
Haven't had time to indulge in this in my free time... That sounds wrong somehow...
Back to top Go down
Mushroom
Youngblood
Youngblood
Mushroom

Mordheim fluff. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim fluff.   Mordheim fluff. Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009 - 12:10

But regarding blackpowder weapons, they are very common in the Mordheim game it self, so I suppose they are okay. Magic is of course in the Empire, but the schools are missing and like you said; Witch hunters!

So I guess it's kinda like Medieval Europe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

Mordheim fluff. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim fluff.   Mordheim fluff. Icon_minitimeTue 24 Feb 2009 - 12:47

As far as I recall, the rulebook itself says that blackpowder weapons are not that common (hence their high cost)... I think it's with the Missfire rules (optional rules at the end of the book).

Well, it doesn't really matter anyway, if you like them, go for bp weapons Smile Further, you can set your campaign in any era you want (eg. one which has been covered a little more). There is always plenty of ruined cities (Mousillon, or Praag after the Chaos War, etc.), or you make your own (looted by Orcs), exchange wyrdstone for treasure et voila!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

Mordheim fluff. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim fluff.   Mordheim fluff. Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2009 - 10:56

The TC llnks are not working, will have to check on that.
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

Mordheim fluff. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim fluff.   Mordheim fluff. Icon_minitimeSat 28 Mar 2009 - 20:46

You want to to set a dnd campaign in Mordheim? Great idea but why not just pick up Wahammer Fantasy Roleplay? It is deadlier and grittier (so i hear never played it) than DnD. Plus i'm sure that the books they have explain the warhammer world in all its violent and gothic glory; although there would be no specifics on Mordheim since it was invented after WHFRP was abandoned by GW. Fantasy Flight Games is now in charge of reprinting the original books.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mordheim fluff. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim fluff.   Mordheim fluff. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mordheim fluff.
Page 1 of 1