Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

A project of epic proportions

Go down 
+9
Goonstah
Jadex
Mithras
Ezekiel
WarbossKurgan
Figgy
Mordheimer
DeafNala
Rabu
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rabu
Knight
Knight
Rabu

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead
Achievements earned: none

A project of epic proportions Empty
PostSubject: A project of epic proportions   A project of epic proportions Icon_minitimeTue 8 Dec 2009 - 13:07

Well, some of my friends and i had a discussion about Mordheim in general. That it's a fairly anonumous game here in Sweden compared to the other large battle games such as Fantasy and 40k, and that if noone else brings it to the bigger conventions then maybe we should be the ones that bring it.

All in all i thought it was a good idea at the moment and really looked forward to our first event, and that GothCon (for those swedes that know about it) was the perfect place to start. Since next years event is too close we desided to go in 2011 instead, to have more time to get ready for this.

After a few weeks after this was desided i realised what i just signed up for, being pretty much the only one in the group who builds terrain. So until the 2011 event at GothCon, i'm not only going to complete our current table. But build three more... yes you saw right.

Thats a Total of 4 Tables might i add. And seeing as i never really are happy with the results, this is going to be one hell of an undertaking. Four Highly Detailed tables, Including the Mine setting i'm working on inspired by ciantys BtB scenario.

Wish me luck, cuz i will need it A project of epic proportions Lol
Back to top Go down
http://miniatures-terrain.blogspot.com
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: A project of epic proportions   A project of epic proportions Icon_minitimeTue 8 Dec 2009 - 14:00

I DO wish you luck, BUT given the fact that this enfeeble, OLD man did four tables in just under 8 months, you should be able to do it in a walk. All you need is the proper motivation... with you it's the show; with moi it was the lure of $S,eating on a regular basis, & living indoors. A project of epic proportions Suspect A project of epic proportions 544694
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Mordheimer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: A project of epic proportions   A project of epic proportions Icon_minitimeTue 8 Dec 2009 - 14:42

@Rabu: Great luck in your project!!! It is a great endeavor, but you can definitely do it. The people here at TBFM will be of great help. Also, make sure to start a blog of your experiences. I will definitely follow. Very Happy

@DeafNala: You and your silly human needs... Eating!?! Warmth? Sleeping? Living indoors? Bah... Humbug!

A project of epic proportions Humbug-three24
Back to top Go down
http://www.mordheimer.com
Figgy
Elder
Elder
Figgy

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: A project of epic proportions   A project of epic proportions Icon_minitimeTue 8 Dec 2009 - 16:45

Keep us up to date with pictures. I am sure inspiration can also come in the form of TBMF member praise!

Also, Deaf, do you have pics of your tables? A project of epic proportions Icon_geek
Back to top Go down
Rabu
Knight
Knight
Rabu

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: A project of epic proportions   A project of epic proportions Icon_minitimeTue 8 Dec 2009 - 17:15

Thanks alot for the kind words, i feel more motivated allready. A project of epic proportions Icon_biggrin

@Deaf. You managed to build 4 tables in 8 months? How many hours a day did you spend building?

@Mordheimer. I really like the idea about starting a blog about it, i like it so much i might just do it. A project of epic proportions Icon_surprised

@Figgy. Of Course there will be pictures, from WIP to the finished product A project of epic proportions Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: A project of epic proportions   A project of epic proportions Icon_minitimeTue 8 Dec 2009 - 17:46

Oooh... this looks like it'll be worth keeping a weather eye on!

*Gets popcorn*
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: A project of epic proportions   A project of epic proportions Icon_minitimeTue 8 Dec 2009 - 17:53

Are you just gonna make city tables? or are you also doing EiF or BTB? (or Lustria or whatever) - this as the rural settings are easier to complete (yesterday I built myself 9 tree/rock sections, a tomb, and some graves, along with a bit of updating older scenery for our BTB setting) AND give a good idea about the vast range of possibilities of this game!

keep us posted, and good luck!!! good idea to bring it to the masses though!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
Rabu
Knight
Knight
Rabu

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: A project of epic proportions   A project of epic proportions Icon_minitimeTue 8 Dec 2009 - 18:01

@Ezekiel. As of now the idea is to make 3 City tables and 1 underground mine table, based on the Horrors of the Underground scenario from BtB. With some additional rules to fit the setting, like new Random Happenings and such.
Back to top Go down
Mithras
Veteran
Veteran
Mithras

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: A project of epic proportions   A project of epic proportions Icon_minitimeTue 8 Dec 2009 - 18:29

Rabu wrote:
After a few weeks after this was desided i realised what i just signed up for, being pretty much the only one in the group who builds terrain. So until the 2011 event at GothCon, i'm not only going to complete our current table. But build three more... yes you saw right.

Thats a Total of 4 Tables might i add. And seeing as i never really are happy with the results, this is going to be one hell of an undertaking. Four Highly Detailed tables, Including the Mine setting i'm working on inspired by ciantys BtB scenario.

Wish me luck, cuz i will need it A project of epic proportions Lol

I think it would be only fair if your friends would help you A project of epic proportions Icon_wink Anyways good luck with it!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: A project of epic proportions   A project of epic proportions Icon_minitimeTue 8 Dec 2009 - 19:01

Rabu wrote:
@Deaf. You managed to build 4 tables in 8 months? How many hours a day did you spend building?

Anywhere's from 10 to 16 hours a day...it's my thing, Man. A project of epic proportions Icon_geek I'm on permanent disabiity, SO...making stuff is now my fulltime occupation... OH BABY! A project of epic proportions 544694
Back to top Go down
Rabu
Knight
Knight
Rabu

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: A project of epic proportions   A project of epic proportions Icon_minitimeTue 8 Dec 2009 - 19:08

@Mithras. To be honest, if this is supposed to be a couple of high quality tables it's entirely up to me. As most of the people in our group only enjoy the gaming part, and can't produce good terrain. A project of epic proportions Icon_evil

@Deaf. I guess it's both a good and bad thing that i'm currently unemployed then A project of epic proportions Icon_razz
Although i wouldn't mind working, it's still a good thing that i can spend my days building.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: A project of epic proportions   A project of epic proportions Icon_minitimeTue 8 Dec 2009 - 20:53

Rabu wrote:
@Deaf. I guess it's both a good and bad thing that i'm currently unemployed then A project of epic proportions Icon_razz
Although i wouldn't mind working, it's still a good thing that i can spend my days building.

There is obviously some Divine Purpose in this; you are DESTINED to make GLORIOUS terrain...periodically a light without any definite source should shine on you, possibly with Handel's Messiah playing somewhere in the backgound. A project of epic proportions Suspect
Back to top Go down
Jadex
Veteran
Veteran
Jadex

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: A project of epic proportions   A project of epic proportions Icon_minitimeTue 8 Dec 2009 - 21:11

Between finishing my masters (July) and my yet to get first job (I have a first interview tomorrow at BASF, wish me luck A project of epic proportions Icon_razz) I also took an "unemployment break" (my friends and family tend to call it "a lazy holiday"... A project of epic proportions Suspect) and it also led to fine 'making-Mordheim-stuff' moments (some scenery here). So I'd say: good luck and have fun with so much spare time! A project of epic proportions Icon_wink

edit: Ooh and keep us posted A project of epic proportions 544694
Back to top Go down
Goonstah
Captain
Captain
Goonstah

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: A project of epic proportions   A project of epic proportions Icon_minitimeTue 8 Dec 2009 - 22:03

Where in Sweden do you live? Im stuck at the north but i would love to help out with anything that i can help you with!
and sign me up for gothcon 2011 Wink
Back to top Go down
https://s655.photobucket.com/albums/uu274/goonstah/
Rabu
Knight
Knight
Rabu

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: A project of epic proportions   A project of epic proportions Icon_minitimeTue 8 Dec 2009 - 22:34

@Deaf. If you put it that way one might actually become a believer. A project of epic proportions Icon_lol

@Jadex. That's some fine terrain you got there, Kudos! Oh and good luck to you too with the interview.

@Goon. I live outside Borås, like 45 minutes from Gothenburg. This project is still in a too early stage to know what i could need help with if any, but thanks for the offer i'll keep that in mind. See you at the tables in 2011 then A project of epic proportions 544694
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: A project of epic proportions   A project of epic proportions Icon_minitimeWed 9 Dec 2009 - 3:16

DeafNala wrote:
...periodically a light without any definite source should shine on you, possibly with Handel's Messiah playing somewhere in the backgound. A project of epic proportions Suspect

Haha, i had to memorize that for music appreciation 2 years ago!

Back on subject, 4 tables!! Before i can comment on that i need to see your current table, forgive me if you have posted them already, just link me if so.
Back to top Go down
Rabu
Knight
Knight
Rabu

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: A project of epic proportions   A project of epic proportions Icon_minitimeWed 9 Dec 2009 - 9:58

@Pathfinder. This is our current table, a speed build piece rushed through just to get something to play on. Link

The tables i'm going to build will be of high quality, using the right materials and not speed paint them. So our previous buildings can't be matched towards the ones i will build.
Back to top Go down
kidbone
Warrior
Warrior
kidbone

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: A project of epic proportions   A project of epic proportions Icon_minitimeThu 10 Dec 2009 - 23:03

Can I come? ;o
Back to top Go down
Rabu
Knight
Knight
Rabu

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: A project of epic proportions   A project of epic proportions Icon_minitimeFri 11 Dec 2009 - 0:04

@kidbone. Anyone can come, it's an open convention A project of epic proportions Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: A project of epic proportions   A project of epic proportions Icon_minitimeFri 11 Dec 2009 - 2:40

I don't see anything wrong with your current terrain, so if you plan on making them better, i can't wait to see!

One think i would suggest is to make more multi-level terrain. Platforms, walkways, ladders, bridges, scaffolding etc...
Back to top Go down
Rabu
Knight
Knight
Rabu

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: A project of epic proportions   A project of epic proportions Icon_minitimeFri 11 Dec 2009 - 8:02

@Path. Thanks! As for multi-level terrain, yes that's one of the things i was planning to do. I've allready critized our current setup for being to flat. A project of epic proportions Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Rabu
Knight
Knight
Rabu

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: A project of epic proportions   A project of epic proportions Icon_minitimeSun 13 Dec 2009 - 0:44

Okay, i have roughly written down all the material i need to buy for this project and man will it be expensive. But hopefully it will be worth it when i start taking it to convesions.

Since i'm waiting for alot of the stuff (postal services aren't that active during weekends after all) i will start to plan the base boards.
The plan was to go with a universal pattern that would work for pretty much everything, some kind of cobblestone pattern maybe.
Any ideas on good patterns? or should i just stick to a standard cobblestone. (I have enough of that pink insulation foam to cover about 6 tables)
Back to top Go down
Rabu
Knight
Knight
Rabu

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: A project of epic proportions   A project of epic proportions Icon_minitimeTue 15 Dec 2009 - 23:39

I started that blog you suggested Mordheimer: Miniatures 'N Terrain
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: A project of epic proportions   A project of epic proportions Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009 - 0:30

We want pictures not belly itchers!
Back to top Go down
Rabu
Knight
Knight
Rabu

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: A project of epic proportions   A project of epic proportions Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009 - 0:54

@Da Bank. I'll see what i can come up with tomorrow A project of epic proportions Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A project of epic proportions   A project of epic proportions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A project of epic proportions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next