Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

A project of epic proportions

Go down 
+9
Goonstah
Jadex
Mithras
Ezekiel
WarbossKurgan
Figgy
Mordheimer
DeafNala
Rabu
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
FKSN
Warlord
Warlord
FKSN

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: none

A project of epic proportions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A project of epic proportions   A project of epic proportions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 16 Dec 2009 - 22:41

Yo. I don't really have the time or space for projects of my own at the moment.. so if you want some day laborers for a blitz weekend of terrain building sometime, give a shout. I'll drag Goonstah and HarryMason along as well.

If you get some specs and sketches going, I'd love to help out with small stuff. More of a Mordheim presence at GothCon is a cause that deserves some solid support A project of epic proportions - Page 2 Icon_bounce
Back to top Go down
Rabu
Knight
Knight
Rabu

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: A project of epic proportions   A project of epic proportions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Dec 2009 - 21:18

@FKSN. I appreciate the offer, i'll get back to you on that. I'm sure there will be something i could use some help with later on.

I also have a question, as i'm currently working on finding all the materials i'll be using.
I was wondering what you prefer most for supportbeams and such in larger houses? The two types of wood i'm focusing on are Pine and Balsa and the idea would be to use Pine for structural supports and use Balsa for flooring, etc. Since Pinthe offers alot more streng then Balsa. Is this a good idea or should i just stick with Balsa all around and pay a little extra?
Back to top Go down
http://miniatures-terrain.blogspot.com
FKSN
Warlord
Warlord
FKSN

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: A project of epic proportions   A project of epic proportions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009 - 1:47

I've been using pine for everything. McDonalds coffee stirrers are awesome for detailing. For my floors, I've simply scored the foamcore heavily and painted it to look like wood, due to material shortage. It takes a bit more time, and it's easier to screw up the final look, but if you've got a steady hand it works fine IMO.

Do you find Balsa to actually have any advantages over pine in terrain building? I can't really think of any.
Back to top Go down
Rabu
Knight
Knight
Rabu

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: A project of epic proportions   A project of epic proportions - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2009 - 11:43

The advantages balsa have over pine are.... well, only to be slightly lighter and easier to work with, other then that i can't see any advantages.

I think i'll stick with the plan then and use Pine for all the structual work and since i have access to cheap balsa, use it for detail woodwork like floors and walls. For the most realistic look.
Back to top Go down
http://miniatures-terrain.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A project of epic proportions   A project of epic proportions - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A project of epic proportions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2