Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

[Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!

Go down 
+60
MasterSpark
Taugenichts
thornz
RationalLemming
Warshades
Pervavita
Foxphoenix135
oldskoolrebel
TheMuumio
Svenn
Rudeboy
toemasss
mweaver
Ezekiel
Shacru
feelingfine69
anaron_duke
perfesser
Ancre
Von Kurst
Matumaros
suicidal_rage
tomogui
Oldcastle
MagnoliaFan
zettel
Tank
Ram Rock Ed First
Barden The Butcher
KRUG_666
Lord Xi
Chad
werekin
Joker2and53
StyrofoamKing
jackanory
Eliazar
TheWatcher
Gengi
crowbeard
catferret
xarly22
Skavenblight
Kapitan_Hak
Duce
Hawkeye
Pyyr
Ethlorien
JohnYoung
Horatius
VonStreusel
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Da Bank
Tagnator
DeafNala
Skavenslayer
Pfreck
Ashton
Admin Tom
cianty
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Trading Reputation : 12

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

[Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jan 2009 - 0:18

COOOOL!!!! *eyes glaze over*

Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jan 2009 - 5:08

Hmmm! So aside from what it says it is, um, what is it? When does it start? If you have to join as a group, how does that work? How long does the campaign last?

I'm new so I may have missed the discussion of this posted elsewhere... scratch
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jan 2009 - 11:18

Q: How long does the PoD campaign last?
A: Theoretically the campaign doesn't have a set duration. While the PoD campaign is continously ongoing your gaming group can join whenever they want, now, in a month or two or three. All you need for your first submission is a minimum of three games. The PoD campaign supports your own battles and affects them in a way but it doesn't require you to play at certain times or a certain number of times.
However, for now we are planning to run the campaign for one year and then decide whether we will continue it depending on the feedback of the participants.

Q: How do I join as an entire group?
A: One member of your gaming group will need to fill out the submission form (basically we only need an email address to contact you), so we can send you an ID to identify your group. When submitting your results we will need your ID to assign the results to the correct gaming group. The ID also allows other members of your group to submit results.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jan 2009 - 15:21

Okay, we can do that. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jan 2009 - 18:36

Von Kurst wrote:
Okay, we can do that. Thank you.

That would be cool. The first groups have already registered but the more the better.
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jan 2009 - 0:28

Great job on the completed piece to everyone involved.

I showed the BtB website to the owner of my LGS last Friday and within 30 minutes he was calling people to hype it up! Hopefully he will start up a Mordheim league since the game died out recently in my area.

Our favorite aspect is the campaign points syatem. This will hopefully draw more players in because, a) it is a deffinate ranking system (people are competative) and, b) it means there will be an end to the campaign rather than it slowly fading away.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jan 2009 - 9:24

Thank you, PD!

If you get a campaign started, please let us know how it goes.. bounce
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Jan 2009 - 2:01

No thank you! And everyone else who had a hand in the publication Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 1 Feb 2009 - 11:37

I have updated the website with an article...

Border Town Burning website wrote:
I have added "Pathways to Prophecy" to the articles section. In this 2-page article I explain how warbands with the 'Scion of Chaos' or 'Celestial Protectorate' objectives (or actually any warband keen on power and fortune) can find the fabled Chaos artefacts in a Border Town Burning campaign. This little guide is meant to help those players who don't have the time or patience to carefully study the various options and possibilites of the BTB setting. If Mordheim was a computer game I guess you could call this article a "walkthrough", so to those players who want to find out the possibilites of the setting for themselves I say: Beware, spoiler! The others should go here to download the article.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb 2009 - 1:22

Border Town Burning website wrote:
This is just a small reminder that the Portents of Doom campaign for Border Town Burning has well taken off and the first event has been posted today. This is still a huge experiment for us and the campaign's success depends on how many gaming groups will join us within the next months. I am happy that there were even any gaming groups signing up for it at all *phew* - this is definately nothing to take for granted! It is difficult to mobilize people in this way and I am happy to hear that those who have signed up are enjoying their BTB games. For their and our own enjoyment we'll try to continue this project as long as the results justify the efforts.

Lastly I want to remind you that we are always welcoming submissions for BTB inspired scenarios, Hired Swords/Dramatis Personae and other rules. The more submissions the less we need to come up with our own new events for POD. So if you have any ideas that you think are worth publishing in the context of the POD campaign don't hesiate to contact us.

So much for now. See you next time with some more content Smile
Cianty
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Mar 2009 - 12:22

I just created a poll where you can vote for your favourite Mordheim warband. Please take a moment to take part in it here. I'd love to read your thoughts!
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 15 Mar 2009 - 0:18

There are some cool updates on the BTB website and the PoD website bounce
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Apr 2009 - 23:40

Hey Cianty,

I'm having trouble downloading the full version. It keeps crapping out halfway through.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Apr 2009 - 2:01

UnderBheit wrote:
Hey Cianty,

I'm having trouble downloading the full version. It keeps crapping out halfway through.

Hm, weird. I guess the server is causing trouble. Please try again later and if it continues to not work I'll see about it (there's not much I can though so I hope this will work again soon).
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Apr 2009 - 19:58

Just a short note to let you know the April results for the Portents of Doom campaign are up now.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Apr 2009 - 10:07

The new issue of the Word of Hashut is out now. Amongst tons of other cool stuff there is also a Daemon Engine for the Black Dwarfs warband from BTB, with lots of nice close ups. Well worth a look so go over to Chaos Dwarfs Online and check it out!
Back to top Go down
Horatius
Warlord
Warlord
Horatius

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Apr 2009 - 17:44

An awesome model indeed. Now if only chaos dwarves were easier to find or if my greenstuff skills were up to the task of converting some normal dwarves.... i would have another warband project Wink .´
There are even more cool conversions in this issue, including a very nice hell cannon.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2009 - 19:38

Portents of Doom website wrote:
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to a decrease in submissions as well as personal issues we are not able to keep up the Portents of Doom campaign. This has been an incredible experiment for us and we would like to thank all the gaming groups who have signed up and submitted their results. This does not mean that we will not support the Border Town Burning supplement any longer. In fact, we are currently preparing a contest with cool prizes so check back with the BTB website soon for updates. Again, thanks to all those who participated in this project. We hope you continue to have fun with the BTB rules set!
- The BTB Team (May, 21th)
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon 25 May 2009 - 11:59

I really have to 2nd the absolute quality of the Word of Hashut fanzine! The stuff they've worked on for Mordheim is brilliant but anyone who enjoys anything Dwarfen really needs to go there just to drool all over the spectacular war machine conversions and such. Wink

On the Border Town Burning front, while I have apparently 'abandonned' Pirate Lord Cianty pirat to get some proper hobby time in on my rock music, I have assisted on a couple of the Portents of Doom (PoD) updates.

Following the PoD monthly update which released some simple rules which allow Marauders of Chaos fan to start a warband from the Tong tribes, I was hoping we could expand the scope of these bloodthirsty heathens... and I have recently managed to round-up my research & development for some 'new' campaign material of a Chaotic nature! First & foremost this would allow Chaos warbands to be customised like never before. It may also introduce some exciting new possibilities for other warbands in your campaigns...

Regards,

Werekin.
Back to top Go down
https://libermalefic.blogspot.com/
Ancre
Champion
Champion
Ancre

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Jul 2009 - 23:47

Hi ! I have been reading BTB with much joy, as it is a very good supplement ! You did a really great job !

But I have a few questions, that probably come from typos and such.

I planned to build a black dwarfs warband, if only because I love chaos dwarves Smile and so all of my questions come on them, as they are the only ones I checked out in detail.

First, does their special rules (Hard to Kill, Hard Head, and Armour) also applies to informers ? And to the bull centaur ? It does not specifically states who it applies to and I think informers were not meant to be included, as those special rules states "chaos dwarfs" and strongly resemble their uncorrupted brethen's special rules.

Second, what are the prices for the mechanical suit ? The chaos dwarfs equipment lists states 175 and its special rules 225. Same for the Engine of Chaos, stated 125, then 195.

This is all I have seen for now ! Thank you very much for your attention and I applause again the magnificent work you've done ! Ancre Smile
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jul 2009 - 0:06

First off, thanks for your nice words, Ancre! I am glad you enjoy the supplement as much as we did making and playing it and hopefully you will also enjoy your games with the Black Dwarfs!

Ancre wrote:
First, does their special rules (Hard to Kill, Hard Head, and Armour) also applies to informers ? And to the bull centaur ? It does not specifically states who it applies to and I think informers were not meant to be included, as those special rules states "chaos dwarfs" and strongly resemble their uncorrupted brethen's special rules.

Fair question. Your assumption indeed is spot on. This is one of those things you take for granted and we did indeed forget to explicitly exclude the Informers from the dwarfy special rules. The do affect the Bull Centaur. Thanks for pointing this out!

Ancre wrote:
Second, what are the prices for the mechanical suit ? The chaos dwarfs equipment lists states 175 and its special rules 225. Same for the Engine of Chaos, stated 125, then 195.

This is actually one of those things people keep on pointing out over and over again, which does surprise me. Reduced costs for race-specific or -related items is not unusal. Dwarfs can buy cheaper Gromril armour for starting warbands, Elves can start with cheap Ithilmar armour. It's the same with the Mechanical Suit for the Black Dwarfs: It can be bought at a discount for starting warbands and later on you must buy it for the normal price. This is the same as with the Engine of Chaos which also comes at a (huge) discount for starting warbands. This is meant to motivate people to try different starting lists instead of max warriors with minimum armament.... So no, this is not a typo.

Feel free to post more questions if you have any!

Best
Back to top Go down
Ancre
Champion
Champion
Ancre

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jul 2009 - 1:08

cianty wrote:
First off, thanks for your nice words, Ancre! I am glad you enjoy the supplement as much as we did making and playing it and hopefully you will also enjoy your games with the Black Dwarfs!

Ancre wrote:

Fair question. Your assumption indeed is spot on. This is one of those things you take for granted and we did indeed forget to explicitly exclude the Informers from the dwarfy special rules. The do affect the Bull Centaur. Thanks for pointing this out!

You're welcome Smile I am happy my guess was right !

cianty wrote:
Ancre wrote:

This is actually one of those things people keep on pointing out over and over again, which does surprise me. Reduced costs for race-specific or -related items is not unusal. Dwarfs can buy cheaper Gromril armour for starting warbands, Elves can start with cheap Ithilmar armour. It's the same with the Mechanical Suit for the Black Dwarfs: It can be bought at a discount for starting warbands and later on you must buy it for the normal price. This is the same as with the Engine of Chaos which also comes at a (huge) discount for starting warbands. This is meant to motivate people to try different starting lists instead of max warriors with minimum armament.... So no, this is not a typo.

Feel free to post more questions if you have any!

Best

I suggest you point out that you have a discount rate - I believe it is stated in the dwarf warband list, I don't know for elves. I wouldn't have known you had a discount for the starting warbands if you wouldn't have told me. Indications makes this all the much clearer Smile

Thank you again for all your explanations ! Ancre.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Jul 2009 - 11:35

We have just announced the great Border Town Burning competition with the motto "Show Us Your BTB". You can submit practically annything related to the supplement and setting. Read more about here or on the BTB website.
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 2 Sep 2009 - 16:01

Hi folks.

The latest addition to the Border Town Burning experience is a separate chapter concerning mutations, Chaos gifts, wyrdstone, alchemy and surgery.

Download the PDF now from here;
http://www.bordertownburning.de.vu

These additional campaign rules can be used frivolously by any warbands who are brave enough or foolish enough to be adventuring in the Northern Wastes in Border Town Burning setting and any Heroes who are handling large quantities or wyrdstone shards in their Mordheim campaigns.

Fully explained is how the warp-touch affects your unsuspecting
warriors! It is also a homage to two of my favourite articles that were
originally published in Town Cryer, both written by Daniel Carlson. We
felt that 'Power in the Stones' and 'Sawbones' are criminally
under-used in campaign play. To remedy this injustice, I have married
the highlights together with some new ideas that began being nurtured
during the development of Border Town Burning.

My research now complete, the file is yours to enjoy using in your future campaigns.

Regards,

Werekin.
Back to top Go down
https://libermalefic.blogspot.com/
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Sep 2009 - 10:28

The BTB Errata is up now!

From the website:
Since the release of the supplement in January we have been collecting feedback from readers, corrections and clarifications, and compiled them in a list of errata. The Errata (PDF available above or here) is a list of those changes that affect gameplay. Not included are typos and other things that don't affect your games. While the individual downloadable PDF files have been updated with these changes, the full supplement itself has not. We will try to do this soon. If you have any questions or spot any mistakes that slipped through, please feel free to contact us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!   [Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!! - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Supplement] Border Town Burning - Full Supplement Out Now!!
Page 10 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next