Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Tilean Mercenaries

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Tilean Mercenaries - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tilean Mercenaries   Tilean Mercenaries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 21:47

Yeah, I will definately try that out! These photos really do not do them justice (almost, but not quite...)

My warband will look something like this (using Svenn and Tewfiks generator, which I LOVE coincidentally!)

Captain:
Sword, Shield, Helmet
Later on, he will get a Heavy Armour, making him hard to take out. I picture him doing this to his enemies when I give him the Unstoppable Charge skill https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_G3c02VztM (look at 1:29, where he kills the big dude)

Champion 1:
Spear and Shield
This guy will later on get a Heavy Armour as well, making him a juggernaut in defense, as he may both strike first, and if he misses, he can still get away with it.

Champion 2:
Halberd, Sword, Shield
This one will get a Light Armour, and if I can afford it, a heavy armour as well, but then I will sell the Shield as I need a character with a Halberd to be the one who charges, and not get charged.

Youngblood 1:
Crossbow, Sword
This guy will be(come) the Sniper of the warband, and with a heavy armour and sword, he will not be dead meat if cornered inside a building either!

Youngblood 2:
Spear and Shield
This guy will only get a Light Armour as he will be the runner, circling the battlefield and taking out any opposition.

2 Swordsmen:
Swords and Daggers
later on Light Armour and Shields (I know, bucklers are better, but Fluff-wise, these guys would be wearing shields)

3 Marksmen:
Crossbows and Daggers
Later on, I will have another group of marksmen, and max them out with Crossbows and Light Armour.

This gives me only 10 models to start with, but I have had worse starting warbands than that and still gotten far. I have 5 crowns left and will probably get myself another Swordsman and two units of warriors, two spearmen and two halberdiers.

I know many tend to rack on the Halberd, but I gotta say, as a cheap offensive weapon, it is REALLY good and has yet to let me down.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Tilean Mercenaries   Tilean Mercenaries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009 - 16:13

So, here they are, a little painting tweaks, and some new models added! What do you think?

Tilean Mercenaries - Page 2 Tileans
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Tilean Mercenaries   Tilean Mercenaries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009 - 18:11

I think you've come up with a UNIQUE looking War Band AND, ergo, something SPECIAL! I like you choice of colors. VERY WELL DONE! Tilean Mercenaries - Page 2 544694
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Tilean Mercenaries   Tilean Mercenaries - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Nov 2009 - 18:12

Thx a lot. Though I find it quite difficult to paint good white, I think I have finally gotten a hang of it. Also, heavy use of my fav. colours, Bleached Bone and Gryphonne Sepia has proved to bear fruit Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tilean Mercenaries   Tilean Mercenaries - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tilean Mercenaries
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2