Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Black Dwarf Warband (WIP for "Show us your BTB")

Go down 
+3
DeafNala
cianty
black mantis
7 posters
AuthorMessage
black mantis
Champion
Champion
black mantis

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Chaos Dwarfs (BTB) Chaos Dwarfs (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

Black Dwarf Warband (WIP for "Show us your BTB") Empty
PostSubject: Black Dwarf Warband (WIP for "Show us your BTB")   Black Dwarf Warband (WIP for "Show us your BTB") Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009 - 18:54

Black Dwarf Warband (WIP for "Show us your BTB") DSC_0492Black Dwarf Warband (WIP for "Show us your BTB") DSC_0491Black Dwarf Warband (WIP for "Show us your BTB") DSC_0490Black Dwarf Warband (WIP for "Show us your BTB") DSC_0489Black Dwarf Warband (WIP for "Show us your BTB") DSC_0488Here are some pics of my Black Dwarf warband WIP. My plan is to complete it and paint it and enter it in "Show us your BTB Contest."

The warband is called "Zzyzx' Wierstoners." The centaur has since this picture had his head chopped off and remade smaller and been given a coat of plate mail. Also I have made hammer arms for all of the 4 chaos dwarfs.

Here are some pictues! Like usual i have no clue how to make the pictures appear AFTER the text. Oh well Smile

Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Black Dwarf Warband (WIP for "Show us your BTB")   Black Dwarf Warband (WIP for "Show us your BTB") Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009 - 19:20

They look GREAT!! I look forward to more!
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Black Dwarf Warband (WIP for "Show us your BTB")   Black Dwarf Warband (WIP for "Show us your BTB") Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009 - 20:36

EVIL LOOKING DWARVES! affraid
Of course from my Goblins prerspective, ALL the Vertcally Challenged ones are EVIL. Suspect
EXCELLENT WIP minis. Keep up the FINE WORK! thumbsup

Last edited by DeafNala on Wed 19 Aug 2009 - 21:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fungomungus
General
General

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Black Dwarf Warband (WIP for "Show us your BTB")   Black Dwarf Warband (WIP for "Show us your BTB") Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2009 - 21:35

Man, those rock! How r u getting such clean dreadlock-beards? mine r coming out squishy? r u waiting for them to hardena lil b4 u put them on?
Back to top Go down
Mr.chair
Warlord
Warlord
Mr.chair

PostSubject: Re: Black Dwarf Warband (WIP for "Show us your BTB")   Black Dwarf Warband (WIP for "Show us your BTB") Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009 - 5:36

Wow, nice looking work. How about some more close ups?
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Black Dwarf Warband (WIP for "Show us your BTB")   Black Dwarf Warband (WIP for "Show us your BTB") Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009 - 23:41

Nice looking beards Black Mantis!

Hey, why can't anybody get their Bull-centaurs together!? :-o

Regards,

Stuart.
Back to top Go down
https://libermalefic.blogspot.com/
Fungomungus
General
General

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Black Dwarf Warband (WIP for "Show us your BTB")   Black Dwarf Warband (WIP for "Show us your BTB") Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009 - 1:27

werekin- idk y we cant get our centaurs together. Or maybe we gether together (me) and they look like some dwarf that got caught in a 70 disco.lol (ill post the pic when I find that dang camera).
Back to top Go down
black mantis
Champion
Champion
black mantis

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Chaos Dwarfs (BTB) Chaos Dwarfs (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Black Dwarf Warband (WIP for "Show us your BTB")   Black Dwarf Warband (WIP for "Show us your BTB") Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009 - 2:13

BEARDS. I use greenstuff for beards rolled in smallish tubes then lighly pressed into place to not squish them. Then i use a wet exacto blade first to press down between the beard tubes to glue them down to the helmet mask. Then i use exacto to cut into alternate sides of each piece of beard. Although dangerous i find the exacto much easier to carve with than the other tools. Then I press in and down at the bottom center of each beard tube wth the tip of a square file.

CHAOS DWARFS. These guys are done except for the arm piece behind the shield. I think hey will look pretty agressive and evil when painted. They all have hammers and shields. I took the anvil from a skull pass dwarf banner and made it into one of the chaos dwarf's hammer.

CENTAUR. This guy is truly rough for me to make. I had problems with the head and weapon. My wife is out of town with the kids for a couple of days so i will try to work on this guy. His 2 handed weapon is giving me many troubles in terms of angles of the arms and stuff. I had to pin 5 pieces of the axe to make it the right size and it still sucks. It could not do this project without paper clip armatures and ca glue excellerant spray.

GAOLERS. I converted a couple of the hellcannon crew to have steel whips.

BLUNDERBUSIER: I am working on one of these guys. When i sell my wyrdstones from the last game i may be able to afford one so i better be ready Wink

INFORMANT: I took a goblin body and put a skaven sling arm on it and built a dagger in his left hand. Has a head from chaos mutations sprue. This guy looks really creepy - like a chaos dwarf version of golum almost. My kid made me give him one of my last few chaos mutation heads so i prolly can only make 2 more informants like that. *where is a good place to buy bits?*
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Black Dwarf Warband (WIP for "Show us your BTB")   Black Dwarf Warband (WIP for "Show us your BTB") Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2009 - 6:25

Great green stuff work! The Chaos Dwarves really seem to bring out the talent! Can't wait to see the warband assembled and painted! (no pressure! Smile )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Dwarf Warband (WIP for "Show us your BTB")   Black Dwarf Warband (WIP for "Show us your BTB") Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Dwarf Warband (WIP for "Show us your BTB")
Page 1 of 1