Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Skink Priest

Go down 
+6
Admin Tom
Eliazar
Captain Wolfgang
DeafNala
Identity
Foot_of_adhesive_tape
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Foot_of_adhesive_tape
Warlord
Warlord
Foot_of_adhesive_tape

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: Golden Tom Golden Tom

Skink Priest Empty
PostSubject: Skink Priest   Skink Priest Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2009 - 4:51

Well i felt like painting something abit different, something abit lizardy. Was slightly sick of seeing the same blues and greens for lizard men armies/models so i came up with this!

Skink Priest Skinkfinished

Was my first time in ages painting with a white undercoat and i think it came out alright Smile
with the weapon i wanted to do something different too than just give it a metal look, so i tried to make it look like it was made from type of rock/gem.

Anywho C&C always welcome Smile

-Foot
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Skink Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skink Priest   Skink Priest Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2009 - 5:41

I love the model. The paint Job is good, but the yellow color is a bit strong for my taste. The blood effect looks awesome, as does the water.
Great Work Man! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Identity
Elder
Elder
Identity

Trading Reputation : -2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Skink Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skink Priest   Skink Priest Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2009 - 6:00

Great job. I really like the yellow & black scheme, although it does seem a bit bright with the closeup picture on white background. It may very well fit with the rest of your warband nicely though. The quality of the paintjob is fantastic. One quick critique I have is that the color of the severed head seems too similar to the skink's flesh. I'd prefer it to be more of a pallid zombie color, or a darker skin tone.

I love this model as well and have one in queue to get painted up. Thanks for sharing yours.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

Skink Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skink Priest   Skink Priest Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2009 - 7:44

RADICAL, the color that is! The first time I checked it out I wasn't really that crazy about the yellow; by the third take it looked pretty darned good. The weapon DOES look like it was crafted from Obsidium; VERY appropriate. The blood covered forearm & hand clutching the disembodied heart IS chillingly realistic. AND the base ROCKS [no pun intended...I think Suspect ]. VERY WELL DONE, Amigo! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Captain Wolfgang
Youngblood
Youngblood
Captain Wolfgang

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

Skink Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skink Priest   Skink Priest Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2009 - 10:04

Love that preist! Bloody fantastic (pun intended) work on the arm. The weapon is also awesome.

My only other comment would be - I personally would paint the fin membrane thing on the back of his head a color that contrasts the yellow. But thats just my personal taste.

Overall awesome work.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

Skink Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skink Priest   Skink Priest Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2009 - 11:34

Now, that's a masterpiece! The yellow colour is so cool, very different. And the hand holding the heart, scary. (One of) the best lizard(s) I've seen so far.

Makes me want to paint some of my old lizardmen, too.
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Trading Reputation : 12

Personal Info

Skink Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skink Priest   Skink Priest Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2009 - 13:10

I agree! This is a VERY moody priest! Excellent blood effect, Foot. You can almost hear the heart still beating... big kudos.

Duce
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
Duce

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

Skink Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skink Priest   Skink Priest Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2009 - 13:20

my only negative point is the hea don his waist istoo clean, but thats purely it, the rest is awesome, and i love the rock base, is that water running through two rocks or are they all rocks?

Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

Skink Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skink Priest   Skink Priest Icon_minitimeMon 13 Apr 2009 - 16:48

Nicely done, like others the yellow was quite over powering, but after awhile you get to dig it. I can assume that the brightness is just do to the picture and flash usage. As mine does that at times to.
Back to top Go down
Foot_of_adhesive_tape
Warlord
Warlord
Foot_of_adhesive_tape

Personal Info
Achievements earned: Golden Tom Golden Tom

Skink Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skink Priest   Skink Priest Icon_minitimeTue 14 Apr 2009 - 7:28

Thanks everyone Very Happy

About the yellow i think it looks so bright in the picture due to the white background/ lighting, didn't use a flash so thats the only thing i can think of Sad looks more around the colour of golden yellow Smile

@Duce
its running water through between the rocks, my ideas for the bases were rocks/water based, rather than temple/jungle Smile

thanks again everyone!

-Foot
Back to top Go down
MyLittlePwny
Elder
Elder
MyLittlePwny

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

Skink Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skink Priest   Skink Priest Icon_minitimeTue 14 Apr 2009 - 21:46

I really like it - though if you're gonna play lizzies you might wanna consider painting it white for the albino skill "mark of the old one" which let you convert one failed roll per game into a success Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anast
Captain
Captain
Anast

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)

Skink Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skink Priest   Skink Priest Icon_minitimeSun 19 Apr 2009 - 15:35

Wow, this was really good, man! Like it a lot better then the normal blue-green color!
Back to top Go down
http://www.warseer.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=26
Sponsored content

Skink Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skink Priest   Skink Priest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skink Priest
Page 1 of 1