Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Death of skink priest

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wyrdstone Dave
Warlord
Warlord
Wyrdstone Dave

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders
Achievements earned: none

Death of skink priest Empty
PostSubject: Death of skink priest   Death of skink priest Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2015 - 4:28

A player in my group has lost the skink priest from his Lizardman warband, thanks to some tricky dwarf shooting. What happens now? The RAW say that the saurus totem warrior takes over as leader, which is fine because he's a killing machine with a higher LD than the skinks. It doesn't make much sense fluff-wise, since saurus are portrayed as being pretty dumb.

In some warbands, the spell casting ability of a dead leader can be inherited by the new leader (Carnival, Possessed, Sisters). I don't think that would apply to a saurus.

I'm not aware of any special rules about replacing the leader in a Lizardman warband. What are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Friedrich Hetzenauer
General
General
Friedrich Hetzenauer

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Death of skink priest   Death of skink priest Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2015 - 6:23

What setting/Lizard list are you guys using? I'm guessing lustria, but even then there are multiple variations out there.
Back to top Go down
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Death of skink priest   Death of skink priest Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2015 - 10:22

Wyrdstone Dave wrote:
A player in my group has lost the skink priest from his Lizardman warband, thanks to some tricky dwarf shooting. What happens now? The RAW say that the saurus totem warrior takes over as leader, which is fine because he's a killing machine with a higher LD than the skinks. It doesn't make much sense fluff-wise, since saurus are portrayed as being pretty dumb.

In some warbands, the spell casting ability of a dead leader can be inherited by the new leader (Carnival, Possessed, Sisters). I don't think that would apply to a saurus.

I'm not aware of any special rules about replacing the leader in a Lizardman warband. What are your thoughts?

In the Lustria Lizardmen warband, the Priest must be re-bought and no Saurus may take over.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Death of skink priest   Death of skink priest Icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2015 - 12:26

Here are the quotes from the Lizardmen warband from Town Cryer.

Quote :
Cold Blooded: All Lizardmen are slow to react to psychology, they may roll 3D6 and select the lowest two dice when taking a psychology test or Rout test. A Lizardmen Warband may never use the Leadership of Saurus or Kroxigor when taking a rout test.
Quote :
Leader: The Skink Priest is the leader of the Warband and any Lizardmen within 6" may use his Leadership characteristic for any Leadership tests. If the Skink Priest is killed you may recruit a new Skink Priest but you must play at least one game without the leader to give him time to join up.
(Underline was added by me in both quotes above.)

I think that it is a shame that they put the rules for leader replacement into the "Leader" special rule for the Skink Priest. I naturally overlook standard rules like "Leader" that have the same name and rule contents in nearly every warband. This is why I overlooked it in the Lizardmen warband until Aipha made his assertion without any proof to back it up. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Wyrdstone Dave
Warlord
Warlord
Wyrdstone Dave

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Death of skink priest   Death of skink priest Icon_minitimeTue 12 May 2015 - 0:08

Thanks everyone. The answer was in the warband list all along! My son is playing Lizardmen in the normal Mordheim setting. We're not sure how they got there or what they think of the weather.

It's clear that the skink priest can be replaced after a one-game stand down. So the Great Crest with the highest leadership will be the leader until a new priest is bought.
Back to top Go down
Exterminans
Hero
Hero
Exterminans

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Death of skink priest   Death of skink priest Icon_minitimeTue 12 May 2015 - 8:03

The rule clearly states that you have to play a game WITHOUT a leader and as such, i would interpret that this overrides the normal rule that each warband has to contain a leader...
So no leader advantage, and the skink (as saurus are prohibited) with the highest leadership may take rout tests...

Greetings

Edit: If all skinks are KD/OOA that means you automatically loose because no one can pass a rout test after 25 % losses...
Back to top Go down
Aipha
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Aipha

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Death of skink priest   Death of skink priest Icon_minitimeTue 12 May 2015 - 22:17

RationalLemming wrote:
This is why I overlooked it in the Lizardmen warband until Aipha made his assertion without any proof to back it up. Smile

My apologies Wink
Back to top Go down
Wyrdstone Dave
Warlord
Warlord
Wyrdstone Dave

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Death of skink priest   Death of skink priest Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2015 - 5:21

Good point Exterminans. You're right. No-one will be "leader" in the next game but we'll use a great crest's LD stat for rout tests.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death of skink priest   Death of skink priest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Death of skink priest
Page 1 of 1