Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold

Go down 
+2
DeafNala
Wishing
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wishing
Captain
Captain
Wishing

Trading Reputation : 0

Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold Empty
PostSubject: Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold   Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2020 - 11:28

I thought it would be thematically coolest to have one topic for my Mordheim stuff and another topic for my Lustria stuff - the same game, but in two wildly different settings. My Lustria stuff is not so developed, but I have a few warbands in the works and a lust for making trees and leaves.

This is the picture that should hopefully set the mood for the whole thing - Lizardmen in their natural jungle skirmish habitat.

Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold GRpqE2J

Some of their nemeses, the fierce amazons. Only did these two ladies for now, lots of conversion work...

Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold XKvpGEp

And some savage invaders from Norsca. This warband is almost done, just need to make two youngbloods.

Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold E0xrgiZ
Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold Eew34k7
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold   Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2020 - 14:22

The Lustrian & Norse Folk et al are BEAUTIFULLY painted/crafted. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Wishing
Captain
Captain
Wishing

PostSubject: Re: Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold   Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2020 - 14:24

Thank you! I noticed in other threads that you are a very encouraging and positive poster. Wink
Back to top Go down
Wishing
Captain
Captain
Wishing

PostSubject: Re: Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold   Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2020 - 14:32

One of the most iconic monsters (other than slann) of Lustria to me is the coatl. Rooting through my box of random, not long ago I found one of the earliest models I ever bought, this guy.

Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold F6Rv52Y

Most of the tail was gone, but the head and wings still there (and poorly painted by my child self). So I decided to restore it to glory so it can hunt in the jungles of Lustria, rather than the streets of Shadowrun where it originally came from.

So far it looks like this.

Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold VTmZ62I

With some paint...
Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold A0aaFXa
Back to top Go down
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold   Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2020 - 15:18

Some amazing miniatures you got there Wishing Smile I really like the Norse especially, they look awesome Smile
Back to top Go down
Wishing
Captain
Captain
Wishing

PostSubject: Re: Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold   Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2020 - 15:21

Thank you, I really like them too, so I took my avatar photo from them. : D
Back to top Go down
Wishing
Captain
Captain
Wishing

PostSubject: Re: Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold   Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun 2020 - 16:46

My intention currently with the Cities of Gold is to make six warbands to vie for greatness. Three types of natives:

Lizardmen (GW plastics)
Amazons (Mantic plastics)
Forest goblins (GW metals/Shield Wolf plastics)

Versus three types of invaders:

Tileans (Grim Forge resins)
Norsemen (GW plastics)
Plague Monks (GW metals)

I'm not entirely sure what the deal is with the skaven, but I remember that Clan Pestilens is associated with Lustrian jungle for some reason, and it fits in my mind - flies and decay, jungle style. I guess they should be treated as invaders since they don't originate from there, even if they have temples and nests established there...

I would normally be happy to use GW dogs of war as Tileans, but Grim Forge has a set of 8 that look really cool, so I would rather get them than have to hunt on ebay for long lost metals. I already had three old forest goblins, so I got a couple more from ebay, and figured I could have GW metals for heroes and third party plastics for the henchmen. Big spider I am sculpting from fimo.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold   Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2020 - 14:47

The Coatl is a LOVELY restoration. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold   Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2020 - 14:48

The Coatl is a LOVELY restoration. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Wishing
Captain
Captain
Wishing

PostSubject: Re: Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold   Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold Icon_minitimeSun 14 Jun 2020 - 14:37

Thank you! I finished painting the coatl last night, just need to finish the base now.
Back to top Go down
Wishing
Captain
Captain
Wishing

PostSubject: Re: Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold   Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2020 - 12:28

Finishd!

Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold OUssImY
Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold OIX4E1k
Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold Mtkpua4
Back to top Go down
Wishing
Captain
Captain
Wishing

PostSubject: Re: Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold   Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2020 - 12:32

Also some WIP shots of the gigantic spider for the forest goblins.

Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold GWm0dkN
Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold QsRzuiB
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold   Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2020 - 14:05

The Coatl turned out BEAUTIFULLY, Your choice of colors is OUTSTANDING. VERY WELL DONE!
AND the Giant Spider with his Goblin rider is a WONDERFULLY imaginative piece. I am sure it will be a little treasure once completed. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Wishing
Captain
Captain
Wishing

PostSubject: Re: Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold   Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2020 - 14:09

Thanks! I love working in flesh-coloured Fimo as you can tell. : )

I'm waiting for more forest goblins in the mail, looking forward to them a lot. Also pondering if I should try and improvise a kroxigor or go without one.
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

Trading Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold   Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2020 - 17:26

The attack platform on the spider is brilliant- like a little howdah. Great for comedic effect too when the spider goes rogue, climbs straight up a vertical wall and the goblin falls off. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Leavhon
Hero
Hero
Leavhon

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold   Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold Icon_minitimeMon 15 Jun 2020 - 18:07

They're all great! I like expecially the natural look of the Norse tribe.

BTW, which models you're kitbashing for the Amazons?
Back to top Go down
Wishing
Captain
Captain
Wishing

PostSubject: Re: Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold   Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2020 - 11:02

Codsticker wrote:
The attack platform on the spider is brilliant- like a little howdah. Great for comedic effect too when the spider goes rogue, climbs straight up a vertical wall and the goblin falls off. Laughing

Haha! I was actually thinking of putting a magnet in there...
Back to top Go down
Wishing
Captain
Captain
Wishing

PostSubject: Re: Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold   Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jun 2020 - 11:07

Leavhon wrote:
They're all great! I like expecially the natural look of the Norse tribe.

BTW, which models you're kitbashing for the Amazons?

Thank you! The base models for the amazons are basilean sisterhood from Mantic. I bought a box of 20 to use as Sisters of Sigmar, and then figured there was plenty of girl models to also make amazons with. They come with two different bodies, one which works and one which needs chopping up to look good. But they are recognisably girly and work.
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

PostSubject: Re: Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold   Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold Icon_minitimeSat 20 Jun 2020 - 16:40

Oh wow, I did not recognise the Basileans underneath those Amazons. That's some damned fine kit-bashing & conversion! This whole project looks fantastic, with really first rate conversion & painting, to the point it's embarrassing. But I'll particularly praise the Coatl, which is a magnificent restoration & a beautiful paint job.

Regarding Clan Pestilens: their fluff was that they'd been cut off in Lustria for centuries, after the tunnel to the Under-Empire collapsed or something, which was why they were associated with Lustria. Using only GW metals might be very limiting, because the metal range of Plague Monks was... not the most diverse. But you (you, you talented devil) could probably convert matching henchmen from the Night Runner kit, which is still available from GW (I think, & hope -- one of the last '90s boxes still in use, & a Mordheim original!).

But again, well done on all of this.
Back to top Go down
Wishing
Captain
Captain
Wishing

PostSubject: Re: Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold   Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2020 - 14:57

Thank you for the feedback and the info on Pestilens! That makes a lot of sense what you say.

My current intent for the plague monks is a converted Lord Skrolk as the leader, the classic monk with scroll as the sorcerer, and some old metals as the other monks. I converted a skaven runner from Blood Bowl to carry a censer.

For the henchmen, because I don't have enough suitable old metals, my plan is to really just sculpt some really robed and hooded creatures with stabby blades or maces, maybe two of them. For the rest, I actually have a large number of giant rat models that I thought it would be cool to field as a swarm, and I was thinking of doing a terrifying corrupted rat ogre too. :O
Back to top Go down
Wishing
Captain
Captain
Wishing

PostSubject: Re: Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold   Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold Icon_minitimeWed 8 Jul 2020 - 22:32

For this project, I got some metal forest goblins in the mail, and I have started painting the spider. I have also been hard at work making jungle. Jungle is so far the hardest terrain to build, because I would like it to look somewhat lush and verdant, and the best way I could figure out to get trees was to build them myself. So it takes time both to build and paint. But I'm working on it, and got a good shot here of three tiles put together to show the idea of the kind of look I am going for.

Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold UDZivTp
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold   Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold Icon_minitimeWed 8 Jul 2020 - 23:05

It seems that everything beautiful or worth doing requires extra time...it is worth it! The piece looks WONDERFUL!  thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold   Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold Icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2020 - 11:33

Very cool Jungle terrain Wishing Smile already looks amazing!
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

PostSubject: Re: Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold   Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold Icon_minitimeWed 22 Jul 2020 - 12:53

(Man, I've been away too long...) Beautiful looking work, as ever! I always say it takes less scenery than you think to get a board feeling full, & the Lustria setting was always supposed to be as much about ancient ruins as jungle, which might make the task easier... But those tiles look fantastic, & I envy you playing across them!
Back to top Go down
Wishing
Captain
Captain
Wishing

PostSubject: Re: Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold   Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold Icon_minitimeSat 25 Jul 2020 - 13:38

Yay! I picked up a single Tilean model from ebay while I wait for the rest, and got him painted up recently.

Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold UOgkF6b
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold   Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wishing's Adventures in the Cities of Gold
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next