Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Cities of Gold vs Lustria Supplement?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ntdars
Hero
Hero
ntdars

Trading Reputation : 0

Cities of Gold vs Lustria Supplement? Empty
PostSubject: Cities of Gold vs Lustria Supplement?   Cities of Gold vs Lustria Supplement? Icon_minitimeWed 1 Jul 2015 - 8:58

I'm brushing up on my Mordheim history, and I've stumbled across the old Lustria website using a web time machine - here's where I'm confused.

The only "original" warbands they had made were Forest Goblins (later to be picked up by Nemesis Crown it seems), High Elves, and Clan Pestilens. The Tilean Mercs, Norse, Lizardmen, Dark Elves, Amazons and the like had already gotten Town Cryer articles so what were they doing with them exactly? Trying to update them to become more viable in campaigns?

TL;DR - Whats the difference between the Cities of Gold Town Cryer release and the Lustria supplement? Jungle fighting rules?
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Cities of Gold vs Lustria Supplement?   Cities of Gold vs Lustria Supplement? Icon_minitimeWed 1 Jul 2015 - 10:26

Beauty! I used the Internet Archive to access the old Karak Azgul material that has been lost. I didn't think of trying it for Lustria. :thanks:

The Lustria Cities of Gold website existed before Lustria was released in Town Cryer. They developed the Mordheim rules for Lustria and then worked with Games Workshop for the rules to be published in Town Cryer.

As you have stated, most of the material was published in Town Cryer but some material was not. Some of that remaining material (like the Forest Goblins) has subsequently been published elsewhere but some content like the High Elves and Clan Pestilens was lost (or at least hard to find in their original Lustria form).
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
ntdars
Hero
Hero
ntdars

PostSubject: Re: Cities of Gold vs Lustria Supplement?   Cities of Gold vs Lustria Supplement? Icon_minitimeWed 1 Jul 2015 - 18:24

RationalLemming wrote:
Beauty! I used the Internet Archive to access the old Karak Azgul material that has been lost. I didn't think of trying it for Lustria. :thanks:

The Lustria Cities of Gold website existed before Lustria was released in Town Cryer. They developed the Mordheim rules for Lustria and then worked with Games Workshop for the rules to be published in Town Cryer.

As you have stated, most of the material was published in Town Cryer but some material was not. Some of that remaining material (like the Forest Goblins) has subsequently been published elsewhere but some content like the High Elves and Clan Pestilens was lost (or at least hard to find in their original Lustria form).

Oh rad - does that mean it was the same thing for the Khemri setting? There was also some content published in the Town Cryers (Tilean Mercs, Tomb Kings) and also had a 3rd supplement team (I have the link, I'll just have to find it again...)
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cities of Gold vs Lustria Supplement?   Cities of Gold vs Lustria Supplement? Icon_minitimeWed 1 Jul 2015 - 22:23

Yep. Khemri has an original website release which was then modified for publication in Town Cryer. Some of the changes were not the best. The original website is still active:
http://grafixgibs.tripod.com/Khemri/
Back to top Go down
ntdars
Hero
Hero
ntdars

PostSubject: Re: Cities of Gold vs Lustria Supplement?   Cities of Gold vs Lustria Supplement? Icon_minitimeThu 2 Jul 2015 - 5:17

RationalLemming wrote:
Yep. Khemri has an original website release which was then modified for publication in Town Cryer. Some of the changes were not the best. The original website is still active:
http://grafixgibs.tripod.com/Khemri/

You seem to know a lot about Mordheim history - I'm trying to get a project off the ground where that would be useful, can I PM you for your email for future questions and help? Smile
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Cities of Gold vs Lustria Supplement?   Cities of Gold vs Lustria Supplement? Icon_minitimeThu 2 Jul 2015 - 11:13

You're very welcome to PM me. Smile I feel like an 'old hand' now although I only found Mordheim content online at most a decade ago and this content we are talking about pre-dates when I first started looking for the Mordheim online community. There are others on this forum who have at least as much experience as I do.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Cities of Gold vs Lustria Supplement?   Cities of Gold vs Lustria Supplement? Icon_minitimeSat 4 Jul 2015 - 13:30

Quote :
There was also some content published in the Town Cryers (Tilean Mercs, Tomb Kings) and also had a 3rd supplement team (I have the link, I'll just have to find it again...)

Could you also share the link here when you find it?

Also the link to the internet time machine?  I haven't seen the original Lustrian site for over ten years (I lost the link).  I'm searching for the elusive skink cold one rider hired sword...
Back to top Go down
ntdars
Hero
Hero
ntdars

PostSubject: Re: Cities of Gold vs Lustria Supplement?   Cities of Gold vs Lustria Supplement? Icon_minitimeSat 4 Jul 2015 - 16:42

Von Kurst wrote:
Quote :
There was also some content published in the Town Cryers (Tilean Mercs, Tomb Kings) and also had a 3rd supplement team (I have the link, I'll just have to find it again...)

Could you also share the link here when you find it?

Also the link to the internet time machine?  I haven't seen the original Lustrian site for over ten years (I lost the link).  I'm searching for the elusive skink cold one rider hired sword...

https://web.archive.org/web/20050307004519/http://www.icirclegames.com/lustria/warbands.html

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
benjaminography
Knight
Knight
benjaminography

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Cities of Gold vs Lustria Supplement?   Cities of Gold vs Lustria Supplement? Icon_minitimeFri 28 Aug 2015 - 23:39

This Internet Time Machine is amazing! The games workshop website used to be so much more fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cities of Gold vs Lustria Supplement?   Cities of Gold vs Lustria Supplement? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cities of Gold vs Lustria Supplement?
Page 1 of 1