Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project

Go down 
+16
Tagnator
PJB
Pervavita
Gatlag Stonetooth
cianty
Dragonhunter
Rhydderch
SimpleAsWar
Wyrdstone Dave
Grimscull
Azmodan
jymmy
Von Kurst
theomar pius
DeafNala
Codsticker
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragonhunter
General
General
Dragonhunter

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project   mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Aug 2017 - 20:02

Terrific! thumbsup
I like all that rubble and your colors!!
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

Trading Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project   mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Aug 2017 - 23:13

Thank you very much guys- I appreciate the compliments.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SimpleAsWar
Champion
Champion
SimpleAsWar

PostSubject: Re: Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project   mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Aug 2017 - 18:55

Yeah! This building is really beautiful. Smile

Quote :
The flagstones are mostly cast from masters I made myself out of 1.5mm and 2mm sheet styrene. I started with Woodland Scenics Brush-on latex mould but then moved onto a pour-in-place latex mould and then Smooth On 2 part liquid plastic as the casting material. The pictures a out of order. The first one shows me making the brush on moulds, re-enforced with cheese cloth (they recommend plaster cloth but I didn't have any); the second shows the base with a bunch of the cast flagstones being glued in place and the third shows the master I made. I also filled I here and there with individual ones I made from sheet styrene. The dark grey is modelling putty I added to the styrene master to add texture. I also knicked them with a hobby knife and rounded the edges and corners with a file.

That's a great idea to make molds for your flagstones! I may give it a try, especially when I can't find the right texture or shape. I love you
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project   mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Aug 2017 - 3:37

SimpleAsWar wrote:
Yeah! This building is really beautiful. Smile

Quote :
The flagstones are mostly cast from masters I made myself out of 1.5mm and 2mm sheet styrene. I started with Woodland Scenics Brush-on latex mould but then moved onto a pour-in-place latex mould and then Smooth On 2 part liquid plastic as the casting material. The pictures a out of order. The first one shows me making the brush on moulds, re-enforced with cheese cloth (they recommend plaster cloth but I didn't have any); the second shows the base with a bunch of the cast flagstones being glued in place and the third shows the master I made. I also filled I here and there with individual ones I made from sheet styrene. The dark grey is modelling putty I added to the styrene master to add texture. I also knicked them with a hobby knife and rounded the edges and corners with a file.

That's a great idea to make molds for your flagstones! I may give it a try, especially when I can't find the right texture or shape. I love you
The Woodland Scenics brush on latex mould is cheaper but it is more time consuming to make as you have to brush a layer on, wait half an hour or so and put another layer on. They suggest at least three but really I would say 6 with 2 layers of cheese/plaster cloth, and I don't think it casts as nicely as the pour-in-place moulds. The pour-in-place mould maker I used takes about 2-4 hours to cure and then you are ready to cast.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project   mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Aug 2017 - 17:26

Excellent work thumbsup thumbsup
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project   mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Aug 2017 - 20:30

OUTSTANDING! The base finishes off the buildings to perfection...the how-to on the pavers was a nice touch. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project   mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Sep 2017 - 21:22

I took about a week break from my Mordheim project but now I am back at 'er. I am recycling a play table I had made for my kids about 15 years. It has a little hill on one side and a creek on a corner.  Seems perfect for a little community outside the main city wall.
mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 5XbztXx
mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 3CkHalA
mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 JIplArq
Some WIP shots on my blog.

Last edited by Codsticker on Mon 11 Sep 2017 - 22:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project   mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Sep 2017 - 22:09

That does have all sorts of possibilities. It would make a SPLENDID Black Pit or Cutthroat's Den or a settlement of your own. Just day dreaming about it could be fun. Have FUN with it no matter what. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project   mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Sep 2017 - 21:40

Just about there... not too much more to do now. Add some details and a bridge.
mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 Kodsticklerburg%2Btable%2B2%2B001
mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 Kodsticklerburg%2Btable%2B2%2B004

More pictures on my blog.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project   mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Sep 2017 - 21:50

That is a WONDEFUL gaming board. It will make a FINE setting for photos as well. The earth texture, the paving stones, & that unhealthy looking stream are all SPLENDIDLY crafted features. I look forward to further developments. OUTSTANDING WORK! once more! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project   mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Sep 2017 - 20:41

Thank you DN. geek

I spent a fair bit more time than I expected adding static grass, shrubs and what not so I haven't finished it up like I thought I might this weekend. However... not much more now (no, really...)....
mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 Kodsticklerburg%2Btable%2B3%2B001
mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 Kodsticklerburg%2Btable%2B3%2B003

A few more pictures on my blog.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project   mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Sep 2017 - 21:36

LOOKIN' GOOD! The ground cover & marsh grass are WONDERFUL. The thing with a terrain piece is that it is never really done; i.e., there is always some little thing to add or do, but it is heading in the right direction. OUTSTANDING WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project   mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Sep 2017 - 1:36

Thank you DN. geek
Back to top Go down
SimpleAsWar
Champion
Champion
SimpleAsWar

PostSubject: Re: Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project   mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Sep 2017 - 8:20

Very nice board, I love the bushes and the rushes along the river. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project   mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Sep 2017 - 1:27

Very cool board thumbsup thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project   mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Oct 2017 - 22:04

Thank you guys. Sir, yes sir!

Some minor progress. I wanted a border between the pasture and the city and as it looks like my walls that I ordered will not be here in time I have made a hedge.
mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 Kodsticklerburg%2Btable%2B4%2B001
mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 Kodsticklerburg%2Btable%2B4%2B004
mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 Kodsticklerburg%2Btable%2B4%2B006

A few more pictures and some info for those that might be interested on my blog.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project   mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Oct 2017 - 22:43

The hedge looks TERRIFIC; it adds to the rough, overgrown nature of the board. VERY WELL DONE!  thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project   mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Oct 2017 - 23:20

Thank you DN. geek

All I really need to do now is make the bridge; then it will be "good enough' for the 21st.
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project   mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Oct 2017 - 9:10

Nice hedge, looks convincing. I like the idea with both pasture and city on one board. Also, you are someone who doesn't forget his ruble when it comes to boardbuilding thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

PostSubject: Re: Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project   mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Oct 2017 - 1:12

A damn fine looking hedge -- especially for a second choice! Nice work.
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project   mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Oct 2017 - 3:16

Grimscull, Rhydderch, thank you both for the compliments.
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project   mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Oct 2017 - 1:37

A bridge needed to be made for this weekend's inaugural game. Probably the easiest thing I have made for this table...
mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 Kodsticklerburg%2Bbridge%2B1
mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 Kodsticklerburg%2Bbridge%2Bfinished%2B003

As usual, more pictures on my blog..
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project   mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Oct 2017 - 1:43

That is perfect for the scene. The moss is a SPLENDID touch. OUTSTANDING WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project   mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Oct 2017 - 3:10

Thanks DN. I think I over-did it with the moss. Just a little too much on top of the posts.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project   mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Oct 2017 - 13:41

I tend to overdo everything; ergo, to me it is restrained. clown
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project   mordheim - Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kodsticklerburg: A Mordheim Project
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next