Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!

Go down 
+10
Din
Helias de Nappo
Yilderim
SerialMoM
Blade Runner
Harganok
NoisyAssassin
RationalLemming
DeafNala
Von Kurst
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jul 2014 - 23:40

Jim B wrote:
Once again a very fun evening. I need to figure a way to make the Dire Wolves more survivable.

They died & they were unpainted; SO they need to be painted to survive...even Lady Luck hates unpainted minis.   What a Face
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jul 2014 - 3:18

Down at the Docks
The Toss Their Hair Tribe battle the Dark Elves for smuggled cargo.

From the Saga of the Toss Their Hair Tribe
On the seventeenth day of the Month of Red Herring did Freya the Serpent Priestess lead the tribe back to the steading of the Smelly Hairy Men.  There Freya learned of a lightly defended cargo.  Alas the dread Druchi had learned of the same cargo.

Lorna One Arm drew first blood.  A Druchi fell screaming from a well shot sling stone.
More of the Druchi warriors fell to arrow, bolt and sword.
Modon was laid low by an elf bolt sunk deep in her thigh.
The Hairy Men fled their ship before the Druchi onslaught. Many Hairy Men were killed, some were enslaved by the Elfs of Naggaroth.
Yet the Druchi could not hold their prize, too many were wounded or dead.  Mad Ketta, Dread Hera and the Pygmy N'longa fell upon them and they fled.

The Druchi attack from the northwest.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d936b3127cce98548f4e712c00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d936b3127cce98548f42712000000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Tribe occupied a building to the southwest.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d936b3127cce98548f4ff01d00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The desperate Smugglers (mast removed from the ship for ease of play).
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d936b3127cce98548f4c712e00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The scouts deploy near the docks.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d936b3127cce98548f45f01700000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Druchi occupy the other half of the tower building.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d936b3127cce98548f48712a00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Tribe wastes time before realizing the roof is the place to be. Freya spends the whole game trying to climb up...
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d936b3127cce98548f49f01b00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The end is near.  The Smugglers surrender after their Captain is cut down and the Druchi board the ship.  But Ketta and Thera are in charge range of the elfs...
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d936b3127cce98548f36715400000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Tribe claims the spoils after the elfs flee.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d936b3127cce98548f3ff06d00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Post Battle
The Druchi lose two Corsairs killed. A hero becomes frenzied due to injury. Despite the defeat, the elfs gain much treasure from the slaves and cargo captured, including another Treasure Map.  (3 or 4 Treasure Maps were discovered over the course of the evening, none by the Tribe...)
Dark Elfs--1 CP

The Tribe suffers no permanent loss.  Modon does suffer a broken leg.  The cargo turns out to be mostly food and booze, including much garlic for warding off Vampires and a dose of Crimson Shade. (Yay!) An Elven Cloak is discovered tucked away in the Captain's cabin. (Woot!) A Hired Sword returns a favor.  (ZOAT!)
Toss Their Hair Tribe--+4 CP (+2 Prizes Captured)

Playtable's Zoat conversion soon to grace my warband...
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 Zoat001
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jul 2014 - 5:07

HOORAY! The Babes of the Jungle beat the Point Eared Perverts! That has to be one of the MOST BEAUTIFUL battles I've seen...WONDERFUL terrain, minis, ships, & photos VERY WELL DONE!    thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jul 2014 - 5:17

DeafNala wrote:
Jim B wrote:
Once again a very fun evening. I need to figure a way to make the Dire Wolves more survivable.

They died & they were unpainted; SO they need to be painted to survive...even Lady Luck hates unpainted minis.   What a Face
I thought that you were going to say that they were unpainted so they DESERVED to die.  What a Face 

Von Kurst wrote:
Despite the defeat, the elfs gain much treasure from the slaves and cargo captured, including another Treasure Map.  (3 or 4 Treasure Maps were discovered over the course of the evening, none by the Tribe...)
It sounds like the (lack of) treasure maps is still a sore point for you.

A wonderful zoat figurine.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Blade Runner
Warrior
Warrior
Blade Runner

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jul 2014 - 14:07

Very nice Table !  Very Happy Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jul 2014 - 14:22

RationalLemming wrote:

I thought that you were going to say that they were unpainted so they DESERVED to die.  What a Face 

To be truthful, it's the minis that have been painted through long hours to a high standard & are sporting a cool names & detailed backgrounds that die horribly in their very first game...Lady Luck is color blind.   clown 

RationalLemming wrote:
A wonderful zoat figurine.

Thanks for the wake up call. The Zoat painted up BEAUTIFULLY...yet another piece to admire on your WONDERFUL gaming boards. VERY WELL DONE!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jul 2014 - 15:26

@Deafnala and RationalLemming: The Zoat has graced these forums before, but I couldn't resist re-posting--
https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t4615-zoat-warrior-hired-sword-for-amazons

@Blade Runner--Thank you.
______________________________________________________________________________________
Campaign Points as of Week 5
Jim B--Undead. Objective: Scourge of the Seas-------------------24 CP
Jim L [playtable]--Sisters of Sigmar. Objective: Burn the Witch------19 CP
Jim S [Von Kurst]--Amazons. Objective: Cult of the Celestial Canopy-18 CP
Chris--Dark Elves. Objective: The Silent Threat--------------------14 CP
Gary--Halflings, Objective: Cult of the Celestial Canopy------------10 CP
Elijah--Undead, Objective: Scourge of the Seas--------------------8 CP
Rob--Da Mob. Objective: Scourge of the Seas----------------------7 CP
Bob--Night Goblins, Objective: Scourge of the Seas-----------------7 CP
Todd--Dwarf Treasure Hunters. Objective: Lure of Fortune----------6 CP
Chad--Sartosan Pyrates, Objective: Scourge of the Seas-----------6 CP
Jim S--Privateers, Objective: Scourge of the Seas------------------5 CP
Andrew--Black Orcs, Objective: Scourge of the Seas---------------3 CP

You can tell who has attended all the game nights.  We have a two tiered campaign going, which isn't unusual for the group, it is just easier to tell when you keep track of victory points like this.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jul 2014 - 23:18

Anyone would think from this campaign that having the name Jim makes you a superior Mordheim player. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jul 2014 - 16:27

RationalLemming wrote:
Anyone would think from this campaign that having the name Jim makes you a superior Mordheim player.

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 Engel
______________________________________________________________________________________
Week Six--Bungles in Ye Jungles

Andrew--Da Suncrasha Black Orcs
Bob--The Ghostly White Goblins of the Night
Chris--Dark Elves
Elijah--The "Purple Court"Undead
Jim B--The "Wolfpack" Undead
Jim L--Sisters Fancaticus
Jim S--The Toss Their Hair Tribe & The Privateers

Jungle Ambush
The Toss Their Hair Tribe surprises the Wolf Pack

On the twenty fourth day of the Moon of the Red Herring the Tribes scouts reported Outsiders were moving through the Tribe's hunting grounds.  The Undead were on the march.  Freya the Priestess made sacrifices to the Goddess Rigg for success in battle.  All members of the Tribe imbibed the sacred Bugman's brew and festooned themselves with garlic.  Freya and Modon drew Blessed Water from the sacred well of Rigg.  The Tribe went forth to battle.

As the moons rode high the Undead shambled into view, marching along the Warrior's Path.  Freya attempted to summon the Light of Rigg to guide the Tribe's arrows, but the power of the Evil Ones was too great.  Still the first volley of arrow, bolt and sling shot threw the Enemy into confusion. Many tried to flee, some sought cover in the jungle.  Only the Great Enemy sought to challenge the Tribe in his arrogance.  Ketta the Vampire Slayer, Hera the Falcon, Inge the Scout, Kara the Archer and the Zoat whose true name None Can Say fell upon the fiend.  Ketta stuck swiftly, impaling the fiend with her spear.  As the Beast writhed upon the jungle floor Hera ended its struggles.

The Enemy's minions lost heart and fled into the jungle.

The ambush is sprung.  Most of the Wolf Pack try to flee.  The Vampire is being impaled over behind the small clump of jungle in the top left (all those girls with spears).  If you look closely you can see his purple cloak through the leaves.  The majority of his minions are fleeing to the south.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d905b3127cce98548f28c19300000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The rear of the Undead column suffers some wounds (and some clumsiness).
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d905b3127cce98548f2b40a000000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The rest flee. (The Troll is really an ogre.)
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d905b3127cce98548f2ac19100000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The stragglers recover. (The wolves gave up the fight and fled south).
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d905b3127cce98548f2d40a600000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

One wounded wolf isn't fast enough.  Ketta destroys it.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d905b3127cce98548f2cc19700000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Post Battle
Jim B wrote:
The Vampire Strahd took his band hunting. Out of nowhere rocks and arrows started raining down on us. Strahd sent a group toward the cliffs to intercept that group and the rest of the band moved forward. Strahd wanted to get some blood, so he ran ahead. He was very surprised when he was charged and knocked out by 4 fearless spear welding Amazons. When he woke up all of his possessions were gone, but his band escaped destruction; losing the dreg archer, Moe, and a dire wolf.

A costly hunting expedition.
The Wolf Pack--1 CP

The Toss Their Hair Tribe won a great victory.  The rout of the Enemy was so complete, no one was even scratched in the fight.  The Tribe returned to the Heart of Darkness to trade.  On the way a small Forest Goblin flotilla was routed which gained the Tribe even more loot.  Freya looked at houses in the Amazon stronghold, but everything was too expensive.  Skins and Charms were bought instead.
The Toss Their Hair Tribe--4 CP (+1 Leader out of action, +1 Dead Outlander [Moe])

The Adventure continues...
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 26 Jul 2014 - 16:58

HOORAY for the Babes of the Jungle! Mostly Dead Guys rarely have any luck with The Girls. COOL report & photos once more!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jul 2014 - 0:25

A Jungle Skirmish
The Privateers versus the Purple Court

Captain De Guzman wiped the water from his eyes. More dripped down the side of his face. His hat barely kept the deluge at bay. The jungle trail seemed to disappear just a few yards in front of him. There was no point in stopping the march though, there was no shelter from the downpour that he could see. The Captain was about to give the order to move out when Guido the Tilean held up a warning hand.

"Something comes this way." cautioned the Marksman.

"Spread out!" ordered De Guzman. He started to move , but his feet would not obey. De Guzman looked down. He could not see his boots for the tangled vines that covered the jungle floor. He gasped and looked about. Only Guido, Yaz the goblin and the Mates Hauptman and Schwier were free of the vines. The rest of the crew were trapped with him.

"Brainssss!" called something from the jungle ahead. De Guzman gripped his sword and waited for it to come for him.

The Purple Duke advances.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d907b3127cce98548f02f0d100000055120AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d907b3127cce98548f0571e600000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Post Battle
The Privateers fled with five models OoA. None die, but Hauptman suffers an Old Battle Wound. The crew returns to trade at Port Sigmar.

Only one ghoul was out of action (speared by Yaz da Goblin who was unafraid despite being Ld 5), it got better.
Elijah wrote:
The Undead took advantage of the Pirates' misfortunes involving tangle vines, proving that they can indeed beat a warband with half their rating, provided that said warband is incapacitated by the environment.
____________________________________________________________________________________
Dems My Gubbinz!
The Toss Their Hair Tribe face the Wolfpack (again)

After the Battle of the Running Wolf the Enemy regrouped and pressed on. The Tribe prepared to meet them at the abandoned village of the Greenskins, the site of their victory over the Ghostly Goblins. Once again Freya the Priestess sought Rigg's favor in battle. The Tribe drank the last keg of Bugman's. Freya and Modon carried their Blessed Water from the well of Rigg. Ketta went to the Wise Woman for a potion to help the Totem Warrior in the battle ahead. Something went wrong. Ketta drank the potion, but fell sick. The Tribe faced the Enemy without their champion.

The night was dark. Very dark.

The Enemy advanced cautiously. The Tribe looked to Freya to summon Rigg's holy light to dismay the Enemy, but it was not to be. Wolves bounded out of the night, ghouls followed gibbering and hooting in the dark. The Great Enemy attacked Inge the Scout as she battled a dead wolf. Inge fell before the fiend's blade. More warriors fell. The Tribe was forced to retreat.

How many Amazons are hidden in the jungle?
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d905b3127cce98548f1d409600000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Post Battle
None of the Tribe's casualties die. The Tribe falls back to the Heart of Darkness to trade. On the way Hera catches a huge fish to provide a feast. The Tribe spends all of its money on a Sun Gauntlet for Lorna.
The Toss Their Hair Tribe--1 CP

Jim B wrote:
On the outskirts of a small deserted village the Vampire Strahd and his band came across these same Amazons. This time he moved his force forward in a close formation and met them in combat on his terms. After finding the desired treasure items, he advanced on them in force.
After knocking out a couple of them, the time for battle ended and Strahd gained his victory.
The Wolf Pack--2 CP
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jul 2014 - 15:20

Mule Train!
The Purple Court is ambushed by the Sisters Fanaticus

Reports by playtable and Elijah
Photos by playtable and Elijah

Playtable's dispatch:

Night 14” vision range (20” for undead), forgot events and weather.
Undead had mule train. 5 Mules that look like camels.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d905b3127cce98548f24c19f00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d905b3127cce98548f26c19d00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Elijah wrote:
Baron Moore's most creative threats are enough to prevent the ghouls from eating the camules, but not enough to get them to actually lead the camules anywhere.  
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d907b3127cce98548f0771e400000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Sisters Fanaticus moved to intercept.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d905b3127cce98548f2540ae00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d905b3127cce98548f2740ac00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d905b3127cce98548f3940b200000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Auger-zombie was spotted on the North flank with an Amazon-zombie.
5 henchwomen tried to charge, 1 fell short, 1 got scared, 1 fell down, so only 2 made it into HTH, 1 with each one. (I think)  The zombies held out.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d905b3127cce98548f2140aa00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Then failed, fearful chargers came in with whips and hammers flying.  The Amazon-zombie was taken OOA but the Auger-zombie was unstoppable.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d905b3127cce98548f16c1ad00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d905b3127cce98548f15409e00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Elijah wrote:
The (zombie) Augur Formerly Known as Sister Cautious Faith but Now Known as Sister Reckless Feckless holds down the whole right flank by herself, knowing somewhere down inside her dead brain that former friends are the worst enemies.

In the center, the bulk of both warbands met.  2 ghouls got the charge off first to the Auger, Cautious Faith II.  The Auger held.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d905b3127cce98548f2ec19500000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d905b3127cce98548f10c1ab00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Elijah wrote:
The Augur is knocked down by a ghoul.  All agree that this is preferable to being knocked up by a ghoul.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d907b3127cce98548f04f0d700000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA
The counter charge saw 3 more heroes (the 4th fell down), the Bard, Lillian, and a henchwoman overpower the 2 ghouls and a dreg.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d905b3127cce98548f12c1a900000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d905b3127cce98548f17409c00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

On the South Sister Superior Victoria and 1 henchwoman were confronted with 2 ghouls and the vampire.  
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d905b3127cce98548f2f40a400000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Victoria wounded her ghoul 3 times but only stunned it.  The henchwoman stunned her ghoul also.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d905b3127cce98548f2940a200000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Vampire counter charged the henchwoman, Victoria left her downed ghoul and charged the Vampire and took him OOA.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d905b3127cce98548f14c1af00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Elijah wrote:
Baron Moore plays it safe (he thinks), charging in only once his ghoulish vanguard is engaged, but finds that they have all fallen by time he arrives.  He goes down under a flurry of Strength One Hundred hammer blows. Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d907b3127cce98548f06f0d500000035100AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Undead rout.
Sisters never got hold of a Mule

Novice Gretta III died, three others recover.
Both warbands found the cheating merchant but Sister Superior Charity has haggle.
The Undead gain an extra +2 to their exp. due to Underdog Bonus.
Sisters Fanaticus--3 CP (+1 False Priest out of action)

Elijah wrote:
Here's what the band looks like now:
Baron Moore (vampire):  After much head scratching has now learned how to use the Claw of the Old Ones - one swings it at the opposition!
Frank Putrefaction, Neck Romancer:  Has learned four spells:  The Awakening, Lifestealer, Death Vision, and DOOM.
Doug (dreg):  Has a billion skills and no statline.
Sammy Terry (dreg):  Is far advanced for a dreg; he is now almost on par with a normal human!  Except for his toughness of two - an old injury has left him with a sensitivity to being stabbed and/or bludgeoned.
Nameless Spear Dreg:  Has returned from a three-game vacation, but has yet to decide on a course of study.
Ghoulsby (ghoul hero):  Began the campaign as a lowly ghoul, but has now worked his way up to being a lowly ghoul.

Doug's Honer (1 ghoul):  The smartest ghoul in the band, he actually knows how to sharpen his meat cleaver on a rock.
Ghoulsby's Stoners (2 ghouls):  These guys just use the rock.
Sammy's Boners (4 ghouls):  These guys are new.
Thera and Sister Reckless are still in the band and sometimes arrive before the fight is over.
The Purple Court is at max capacity and now can't figure out what to spend gold on.
The Purple Court--1 CP
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jul 2014 - 15:38

OOOH! UBER-PUMPKINS! Sorry I'm a pro-pumpkin Guy. AND I see Gretta III is the new leader, or will be when Gretta IV shows up, in the Lucky Name Competition. All that aside &, hopefully, forgotten, it looks like you had another WONDERFULLY photographic game. I love the ongoing story aspect of The Games...GREAT STUFF!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jul 2014 - 2:45

Deafnala wrote:
AND I see Gretta III is the new leader, or will be when Gretta IV shows up, in the Lucky Name Competition.
It would be nice if everyone played, the Wolf Pack would be on Fido VI if the undead were keeping track.  clown 
The Ghost and the Darkness
The Dark Elves and Da Suncrashas play with sabertooths (or is that saberteeth?)

Report by Andrew
Photos by playtable

Da Suncrasha Orcs came up ta de jungle ta get cat skinz, or so da boss sayz. We seez dem elffy gitz fightin’ a cat an’ go for em, but dey finish da cat an’ come’fer uz. Coupl’a boyz ‘ole up behin’ a log, but da odder cat getz ‘em.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d905b3127cce98548f22c19900000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Dat one in’na back can’t wok strait he can’t, fell over’n’over’n’over. Lotz a pointiez from da odder ones though, Phil n Betta ain’t gettin’ up no more.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d905b3127cce98548f2340a800000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Den worst’a da day, flamey sword elffy comes round da log an’ killz our cat! We’z had ‘im on da ropes we did, even if we’z only ‘ad one of uz left on iz feetz.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d905b3127cce98548f20c19b00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Phil n Betta, rest’n piecez, or whatev’r da hummiez say.

(+1 CP point for Da Suncrasha Orcs, lost badly, but earned a lot of exp. Smile)

The Dark Elves--2 CP
____________________________________________________________________________________
The Treasure Ship
The Suncrashas versus Da Ghostly Goblins of the Night and the Dark Elves
Report by Andrew
Photos by playtable

Da Suncrasha Orcs neva fogets whoze wrong’d uz. Which iz why we setz out to show doze gitz who da real Scourge a’da Seaz iz. Dey’z our targetz. Who wuz dey again?
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d905b3127cce98548f11409a00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

We’z goin’ fer da broadzide boyz! ‘Ey! Whoze diz big ship in da way?
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d905b3127cce98548f1ec1a500000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Gork’s hand be wit uz!
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d905b3127cce98548f1cc1a700000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Da Goblins comin’?
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d905b3127cce98548f1f409400000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Whoze invite dem? Better dem getz hit with the elffiez lightnin’ dan uz, an’… OOOH sharkz… Much betta dem dan uz.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d905b3127cce98548f1ac1a100000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

We’z setz de elffies on fire whif our cannons. Da’big ship not get outta da way, so wez ram ‘em. Hummies’n’treasure on board, but wez don’t care. We’z here to fight da elffies! We’z set dem on lotza fire!
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d905b3127cce98548f19409200000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Waitz… iz dey… gettin’ closer?
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d905b3127cce98548f1b409000000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Da elffiez ship blowz up nice’n’good, just az it hitz uz. Gud view. We’z help ouselfes to treasure on da hummie ship while da goblins mez up da hummiez. Gud goblins, shud keep ‘em, but boss sayz dey crazy on mushrooms, so da boyz split wid da treasure.

(+1 campaign point, took three treasures from the ship, and best of all? SUNK THOSE ELVES!)

Some goblins die, but no one cares.
Ghostly Goblins of the Night--+1

No elfs die even though most were OoA... Suspect 
Dark Elves--+1

Andrew becomes the first player to sink an enemy ship since we started playing these ship engagements back in '09.  He was helped by Chris ignoring the flames until it was too late...
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jul 2014 - 5:17

Von Kurst wrote:
Da elffiez ship blowz up nice’n’good, just az it hitz uz. Gud view. We’z help ouselfes to treasure on da hummie ship while da goblins mez up da hummiez. Gud goblins, shud keep ‘em, but boss sayz dey crazy on mushrooms, so da boyz split wid da treasure.

(+1 campaign point, took three treasures from the ship, and best of all? SUNK THOSE ELVES!)

Some goblins die, but no one cares.
Ghostly Goblins of the Night--+1

No elfs die even though most were OoA... Suspect 
Dark Elves--+1

Andrew becomes the first player to sink an enemy ship since we started playing these ship engagements back in '09.  He was helped by Chris ignoring the flames until it was too late...
FANTASTIC! Good job, Andrew!  Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 665330  Too bad those elffiez seem to be good swimmers. Still, hopefully that battle limited their income and stopped them from continuing to be insufferably rich.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jul 2014 - 12:54

COOL STUFF ONCE MORE!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 2 Aug 2014 - 4:41

RationalLemming wrote:
Too bad those elffiez seem to be good swimmers. Still, hopefully that battle limited their income and stopped them from continuing to be insufferably rich.
I think nothing can stop the elfs from being insufferable, rich or otherwise.

Thanks for the comments compadres.
Week Seven--The Lion Sleeps Tonight

Andrew--Da Suncrasha Black Orcs
Chad--The Pyrates of Sartosa
Chris--Dark Elves
Elijah--The "Purple Court"Undead
Jim B--The "Wolfpack" Undead
playtable--Sisters Fancaticus
Rob--Da Grey Mob
Todd--The Greedy Dozen
Von Kurst--Wastelander Privateers

The Hunters Become the Hunted
The Sisters Fanaticus (warband rating 331) versus the Pyrates (warband rating 181) and the Privateers (warbaband rating 163)

Captain De Guzman pulled his greatcoat free of another clinging vine.  Water dripped off his hat.  Thank Mannon the rain had let up a little.  He could at least see where he was going, although he had lost track of everyone but Guido and Hartz.  The Sea God alone knew where the 'holy' Sisters had gotten to.  De Guzman's plans to ambush the Sisters were in tatters.

Suddenly he heard a roar in the distance.  A roar followed, as roars were often followed in the jungle, by screams. Female screams.  Perhaps he had not lost the Sisters after all.  Now if the rest of the crew could hear the commotion, perhaps he could take advantage of this mess after all...

How things are going at the top of turn 2.  One Sister is OoA already.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d910b3127cce98548f0c32f000000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Sisters rush the Privateers hoping to swamp them early.  Yaz stands alone at point.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d910b3127cce98548f0db3c100000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Top of turn 3, two Sisters OoA; one down. (The ghoul represents a skink beastmaster).
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d910b3127cce98548f0fb3c300000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Pyrates Ogre (remember that troll is an ogre) takes a hand.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d910b3127cce98548ff2320e00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

All of the Pyrates are now on the table.  
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d910b3127cce98548ff3b33f00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

That Sister is not dead yet.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d910b3127cce98548ffe320200000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Despite Schultz's three attacks neither is this one...
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d910b3127cce98548fffb33300000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

There's a selfie contest at the store.  Playtable may not win...
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d910b3127cce98548ffbb33700000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Post Battle
The Privateers fled first in order to save their heroes from the approaching Sisters.  Schultz, the last original crewman, dies.  Two fallen Sisters are captured and a dead Sister is looted. The Privateers gain +5 underdog bonus and retreat to Torktuga...
Wastelander Privateers--+1 CP

The Pyrates were slaughtering the Sisters' stragglers, but over-reached themselves just when the Privateers fled.  Suddenly five Pyrates were OoA, including the ogre.  The Pyrates fail a rout test.  The Ogre dies.  One Pyrate hero Survives Against the Odds.  The Berserker loses an eye.  The Pyrates gain the Cold One Whip. a crate of Luxury items (Tarot Cards!) and also retreat to a town to trade.
Sartosan Pyrates--+1 CP

The Sisters had like eight models out of action.  Novice Gretta IV and Sister Sarah were captured.  The lowly novice refused to join the crew, but Sarah joined right up.  Sister Brenda died and her possessions were looted by the Privateers. But the Sisters captured the bodies of the Cold Ones and sold their hides for 80 gc.

playtable wrote:
Exploration got three 3s. Free henchgirl.
Found cheating merchant again.
Have haggle so don't care.

Sisters Fanaticus--2 CP

More reports to follow...
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 2 Aug 2014 - 9:12

Great reports, great pictures.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 2 Aug 2014 - 14:15

Yet another FINE Report! You may very well be The Most Active Mordheim Group in existence. Does Gretta IV's capture & steadfast adherence to The Faith mean there will soon be a Gretta V? I love these plot threads.   What a Face  
Too bad Playtable's selfie didn't turn out...it's always cool getting a photo of the Gaming Crew...the Big Ones that is.   clown
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 2 Aug 2014 - 21:17

DeafNala wrote:
Yet another FINE Report! You may very well be The Most Active Mordheim Group in existence. Does Gretta IV's capture & steadfast adherence to The Faith mean there will soon be a Gretta V? I love these plot threads.   What a Face  
Too bad Playtable's selfie didn't turn out...it's always cool getting a photo of the Gaming Crew...the Big Ones that is.   clown

+1 to most active Mordheim group.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Aug 2014 - 3:48

@Deafnala and SerialMoM--Thanks for the kind comments. I bet there are many groups who play more, they just don't bother to record their games.

Deafnala wrote:
Does Gretta IV's capture & steadfast adherence to The Faith mean there will soon be a Gretta V? I love these plot threads.
Too bad Playtable's selfie didn't turn out...it's always cool getting a photo of the Gaming Crew...the Big Ones that is.
Gretta IV will have a brief unhappy life as a pressed crew member of the Privateers. I expect Gretta V has already been hired.
Did you notice Chad diving out of the photo? Playtable hasn't suggested a group shot since 'O9 or so.  clown 
Duel on the High Seas
The Wolfpack versus the Dark Elfs

I seen the whole thing with me own eyes. I'd been drifting on that spar for days, see? Hoping for rescue, fearing sharks. When I heard that howling echo across the sea, I thought Helheim was coming for me, personal.

It were night see, I'd fallen asleep somehow. Then I woke to the howls. I couldn't see nothing. Just hear the howls. Then I saw the sails. Tattered rags they was, floating like. I couldn't see the ship, really, just some dark smudge below those floating rags. Oh I were some terrified, let me tell ye true. Howling, ghost sails floating, then I heard the creak of rigging. A gun crashed. In the muzzle flash I could see the ship that fired and I could see her target, almost anyway. Both of them ships were dark, the one just a floating wreck really. The other, it were one of those elf ships they tell of. Only it weren't gleaming white like the stories tell, no it were black as the pit!

I could hear the creak of windlasses, the crash of the big guns. The elfs they shot them huge crossbows. You could hear the slam of the line when they fired, kinda hear the passing of the bolt. Then the 'THUNK' of steel hitting wood, or flesh. And screams, there was screams even in a battle between unnatural fiends. Awful it were, I tell ye. I hung there on my spar, hoping that they would kill each other, hoping that they would pass me by.

The Wolfpack tires of the chase, the two ships slam together.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d910b3127cce98548f0e32f200000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d910b3127cce98548f0bb3c700000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

A ghoul and two wolves float away from the fight.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d910b3127cce98548f0832f400000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The elfs repel boarders.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d910b3127cce98548f09b3c500000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Vampire finally finds an opening, but it is too late.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d910b3127cce98548ffdb33100000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Post Battle
Jim B wrote:
I lost the game and lost 1 ghoul which I rehired. I also lost 2 of the ships gunners. I gained 1 CP.

The Dark Elfs report one henchman and 2 weapon crew dead as well.
Dark Elfs of Naggaroth--4 CP (+2 Prizes captured)

Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Aug 2014 - 13:31

COOL REPORT with LOVELY PHOTOS!  thumbsup 

I can identify with Chad. Much as I like seen the Group Photos, I hate having my picture taken.   What a Face
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 5 Aug 2014 - 3:48

The Signpost
The Purple Court versus the Suncrashas

Report by Andrew
Photos by playtable

In an utterly tactically uninteresting battle, the orcs immediately find the signpost and proceed to sit there, ineffectually volleying the few undead they can occassionally see with arrows until the undead charge them. The orcs give better than they get and the Undead flee. +2 CP for the Suncrashas.

"Oi Oi, Boss?"
"Yez, whut you want?"
"If we iz shootin' arrows, why da undead hide behind da treez?"
"Whut?"
"Well, if deyz already dead, why'd arrows hurt 'em? Deyz got no blud."
"Deyz not actuall dead, ya seez!"
"Really, Boss? Deyz look dead."
"Naah, well, da Vampie iz, and demz two girliez in da back iz dead. But de rest of em just like.. half deadz."
"Dat explains why deyz let us shoot da girliez so much."

Undead advancing from behind a tree.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d910b3127cce98548ff6320a00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Undead advancing on orcs in the open.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d910b3127cce98548ff7b33b00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Orcs generally standing in the open waiting to receive the undead.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d910b3127cce98548ff0320c00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

"Boss, should we do anythin' about dem, ya know, sneaking up on uz?"
"Naaah, we findz da signiepost and we'iz keepin' it."
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d910b3127cce98548ff1b33d00000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The poor vampire lord and his enterage proceed to charge a henchmen, and then do nothing.

"Oi, Boss, I need 'elp!"
"Eh, ya doin' fine."
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d910b3127cce98548ffc320000000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

"Now 'ere iz a propa scrap!"
The battle is joined in proper.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d910b3127cce98548ff8320400000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Orcs have two hench and a hero out of action, but all of them recover.

The Undead lose the talented ghoul, Ghoulsby. to a hungry Cold One.
The Purple Court--1 CP
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Aug 2014 - 0:51

Jungle Ambush
The Greedy Dozen ambush the Grey Orcs

The Grey Orcs lost no time counter charging the ambushers.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d910b3127cce98548f0a32f600000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

The Dwarfs are outnumbered by two to one.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d910b3127cce98548ff4320800000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Or more!
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d910b3127cce98548ff5b33900000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

You'll notice there are fewer of the Greyz. Still that S means the Troll Slayer is stunned. Not good.
Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 47a4d910b3127cce98548ffa320600000035110AbOXDRkzbMmWA

Post Battle
Todd wrote:
The Dwarfs had three guys taken out of action by the Orcs and ended up voluntarily routing. Luckily, none of the Dwarfs died permanently.
The Greedy Dozen--1 CP

Robperk wrote:
1 goblin and 1 sguig died. Zagnut the Orc Shaman is out for one game due to a failed roll in the exploration phase.

The dwarfs had a few heroes OOA and were outnumbered and chose to play it safe and run away giving the win to the Mob. He rolled well for all his heroes and they all made full recoveries.
Da Mob--2 CP
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 6 Aug 2014 - 13:39

HOORAY for the Monochromatic Orcs! The Dwarfs that are painted look REALLY SHARP; this could be the reason for their loss...The Dread Cool Mini Curse strikes again!   What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!   Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pyrates of the Karribean IV--Shiver Me Timbers!
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next