Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures

Go down 
+5
NoisyAssassin
DeafNala
Mike
floedebolle
Von Kurst
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
flipchuck
Elder
Elder
flipchuck

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: none

The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures   The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Jun 2014 - 5:03

Even more beautiful models. Awesome job on the warrior priest. Love the last guy with the crosbow. Excellent conversion and paint job
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures   The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jun 2014 - 17:19

Thank you everyone!! Managed to get another miniature painted. It's unfortunately not mine, it's from a friend, but he allowed me to paint her and we're both going to use her when the time is right, since we will both play Sisters in our campaign.

The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Bertha-001

The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Bertha-002

Yes, he converted her slightly, with the skull... He doesn't even play Warhammer, only started Mordheim a month or two ago, and already he has the whole skull thing down. Lucky bastard got this model in a lot of Sisters, including Matriarchs 1 and 2, for just about a buck a piece.

Back to top Go down
flipchuck
Elder
Elder
flipchuck

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures   The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jun 2014 - 17:30

NICE sister of sigmar model!! She can stun her oppoents with her looks as well as with her hammers.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures   The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jun 2014 - 11:08

The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 WitchHunters-016

The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 WitchHunters-017

My Witch Hunter crew, in almost all its glory. I found out I forgot to base my leader, of all folks... and I got punished for it too, as he, along with a fellow Witch Hunter and a Flagellant got afflicted by some serious nasty diseases by a gang of Plague Victims, all having to miss their second game.

Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures   The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jun 2014 - 12:41

Very stylish group-shot!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures   The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jun 2014 - 13:38

UBERCOOL! The combination of BEAUTIFULLY painted minis in an ATTRACTIVE setting is always a winner. VERY WELL DONE!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures   The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jun 2014 - 11:13

Thank you both! But that's the thing... We have some cool buildings, some buildings that need some love, and then a table that's functional but nothing more. I now have to choose whether to continue building scenery to use on this table, or re-start the table section as inspired by Ezekiel and Theomar Pius, but that would mean no new scenery for a while...

I still think I will go for option 2.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures   The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jun 2014 - 13:49

I think I'd go for option 2 also. Just hang on to the Old Town while you're working on the new.   What a Face
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures   The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jun 2014 - 21:59

Holland was playing tonight, so that meant I felt like painting. Not much of a soccer fan.

My first Sister of Sigmar, Matriarch Margritta:

The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Sisters-001

The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Sisters-002

The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Sisters-003

Her shield is in the colour of my friend's Sisters warband. We are fortunate to have two warbands already prowling the streets. I chose old pink as my colour, he went for a light green, which is the colour of my shield to give us a kind of link.
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures   The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jun 2014 - 23:24

The Lady turned out nice but I cannot see any green in the shield. Did you just put some green ink over Bleached Bone? Maybe it's the photo.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures   The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jun 2014 - 4:12

Daniel wrote:
We have some cool buildings, some buildings that need some love, and then a table that's functional but nothing more. I now have to choose whether to continue building scenery to use on this table, or re-start the table section as inspired by Ezekiel and Theomar Pius, but that would mean no new scenery for a while...

Given the photos its impossible to judge, but the ruins that the Witch Hunters occupy are really NICE. Can we see some more photos of those?  
I'm not sure of the direction you are headed, but I would be loathe to lose those ruins.

Great work on the warband and the Sister.  I can see the green, perhaps its a monitor issue?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures   The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jun 2014 - 21:01

The shield is almost the same colour as the background, which might make it a little hard to discern. Sorry Grimscull. I am not too happy with the colour but this was my second attempt and I lost faith...

And VonKurst, no worries, I won't just simply do away with anything, the ruin that they occupy will simple be placed on top of my new-style table set-up.

The ruin is a repainted piece of scenery from Ziterdes. It took me about 10 minutes to find a link for you, because for some reason you can't find it through the regular categories, and I chanced on it, but here is is:
http://www.ziterdes.de/ziterdes/en/produkte/article_detail.php?we_objectID=850090&catID=70&subcatID=

Ziterdes has some really wonderful stuff. Some of it is really oddly priced, and then some of the pieces are so worth your money. The city walls were also from them. I also have a round piece of ruins from them, which is very nice and they have some really cool things. I suggest you take a look. Right now, I am tempted to buy the Town Fountain, and some of their newer houses are also rather nice. The material is nigh-indestructible foam. Perfect for gaming.

I also love how they used Google Translate for their English version.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures   The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 2 Jul 2014 - 4:52

Thanks for taking the time to look up the pic of the ruin. It is a really nice piece.

I've always been partial to their shipwreck...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures   The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jul 2014 - 14:46

No problem, my pleasure. They make some insanely cool pieces.

Anyways, another piece of trying to be cool with OSL. I couldn't get myself to do anything cool with the robe though... Maybe that's something for next year to learn... Cool cape patterns.

The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Warlock-001

The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Warlock-002

The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Warlock-003
Sorry about the fuzziness... Least important picture though.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures   The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Jul 2014 - 14:58

Even as someone who is not all that fond of lighting effects, I must say you did a SPLENDID job of it. VERY NICELY DONE!   thumbsup 
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures   The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jul 2014 - 14:53

Done for a friend. Got them a week ago, so I am pretty happy with getting them painted up so quickly. There are more, but this is his starter gang.

The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Beastmen-001

The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Beastmen-002

The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Beastmen-003

The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Beastmen-004

The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Beastmen-005

Quite happy with the result, especially considering what little time I spent on it.
Agrax Earthshade for the win!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures   The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 14 Jul 2014 - 15:07

The Beasty Boys painted up WONDERFULLY. The earthy pallet suits them perfectly. GREAT WORK!   thumbsup 
A little static grass would give the bases a bit of visual interest.   What a Face
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures   The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 1 Aug 2014 - 14:15

I don't like static grass much myself. I had an entire army done that way and am slowly removing it and replacing it with dead simple dirt. While I agree, I just don't like static grass, and don't feel like taking the time to do much on the bases, as I have so much to do still...

Such as these Sisters:

The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Sisters-004

And these Pirates, Zealots, Dogs and Altdorfians:

The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Warbands-001

Seeing as I exceeded my bandwidth, expect more group shots from now on.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures   The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 1 Aug 2014 - 14:36

The Holy Babes & the Rogues painted up SPLENDIDLY. VERY WELL DONE!   thumbsup 

Daniel36 wrote:
I don't like static grass much myself. I had an entire army done that way and am slowly removing it and replacing it with dead simple dirt. While I agree, I just don't like static grass, and don't feel like taking the time to do much on the bases, as I have so much to do still...

Different strokes for different folks.   What a Face
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures   The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 1 Aug 2014 - 21:32

Great job, and well placed to get some nice shots of them, like it!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures   The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Aug 2014 - 16:26

Yeah my backyard has some nice spots for photography.

The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Marienburg-001
Marienburg. We managed to get another of my friends to play with them. Yesterday they had their inaugural battle against a Cockatrice and three other warbands. They shot down the Cockatrice with a critical hit, and before my Sisters could deliver the killing blow, they were unfortunately shot down by another new warband (though not new player) who shot him down with his Shadow Warriors.

Another friend who was present, who I had been hassling to join, now finally caved in. Too bad for him I already gave my last painted warband away (Marienburg) so now he is going to play Black Orcs from my best friend's collection instead. Fun times!

We may have the largest campaign in the history of Mordheim man... Awesome sauce.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures   The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Aug 2014 - 17:18

The Snappy Dressers of Marienburg look SPLENDID. GREAT WORK!   thumbsup 

"More the Merrier" is definitely a viable concept with miniature gaming. CONGRATULATIONS on your burgeoning group!   What a Face
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures   The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Aug 2014 - 2:40

Great collection of warbands you have there  thumbsup thumbsup 

Your backyard does seem like it would lend itself well to a Lustian campaign...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures   The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Aug 2014 - 14:09

Haha, unfortunately the two locations I use to take pics are really the only parts that looks suitably Lustrian. The rest is just stone tiles.

Thanks for the kind words.
Back to top Go down
NoisyAssassin
Warlord
Warlord
NoisyAssassin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: Bronze Tom Bronze Tom

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures   The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 4 Aug 2014 - 16:36

Love the colors on the Marienburgers!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures   The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Chronicles of Daniel36 - Mordheim Adventures
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next