Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Warplock Pistols & Close combat

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KingSkin
Champion
Champion
KingSkin

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned:

close - Warplock Pistols & Close combat Empty
PostSubject: Warplock Pistols & Close combat   close - Warplock Pistols & Close combat Icon_minitimeWed 24 Sep 2008 - 17:06

I ran into something last night that I thought I'd get some advice on. I've got my first battle in a new campaign coming up this weekend and I was reading through the rules I'll need to remember for weapons and such when I realised that the Warplock Pistol doesn't have the same special rules as a standard pistol.

I've always assumed that Warplocks can be used in close combat the same as a pistol/duelling pistol but the special rule isn't there.

Reading the description for the 'Close Combat' ability under the generic pistol stats it says something along the lines of 'pistols can be used in close combat'.

So, can you fire Warplocks in close combat or not?

Also, the rules for firing every other turn are worded differently and the Warplock version doesn't include the section on firing every turn with a brace. I assume that's a typo simply because they list the cost for a brace of Warplocks and there's no point in taking two unless it lets you fire once per turn but I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks about this.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Warplock Pistols & Close combat   close - Warplock Pistols & Close combat Icon_minitimeWed 24 Sep 2008 - 17:39

Q: Is a Skaven warplock pistol treated like other pistols in all regards except the strength and range (i.e.: brace of pistols can fire every round, be used in close combat etc...)?

A: Yes. [Games Workshop Official Mordheim's FAQ]

Source: Mordheimer.com - FAQ: 9.8 Skaven
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
KingSkin
Champion
Champion
KingSkin

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Warplock Pistols & Close combat   close - Warplock Pistols & Close combat Icon_minitimeWed 24 Sep 2008 - 17:51

Cheers dude, I figured that would be the case but thought I'd best check as it was a little unclear.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Warplock Pistols & Close combat   close - Warplock Pistols & Close combat Icon_minitimeWed 24 Sep 2008 - 18:26

KingSkin wrote:
Cheers dude, I figured that would be the case but thought I'd best check as it was a little unclear.

You're welcome! And you're obviously not the only one wondering about this as otherwise it wouldn't have been in the FAQ. Very Happy

And closed.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warplock Pistols & Close combat   close - Warplock Pistols & Close combat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warplock Pistols & Close combat
Page 1 of 1