Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim

Go down 
+49
theomar pius
Fat Rat
Zab
Narcissus
Paul
Spectre76
harryford
monkeylite
JoaoS
Captain Bernhardt
SerialMoM
floedebolle
FKSN
Von Kurst
superscenic
Tewfik
shanks
si
Pirexian
Ash
Pfreck
Boreas_NL
lord siwoc
VonHagel
dalanshin
Culain
Drakbar
Josef Bugman
Chad
MagnoliaFan
Eliazar
Lord Xi
Hawkeye
jackanory
Kapitan_Hak
KingSkin
xarly22
JohnYoung
matt
Erkwin
Da Bank
Duce
Admin Tom
Tagnator
Ashton
DeafNala
Unwanted
cianty
Ezekiel
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Aug 2008 - 17:01

Modelling ALL THE SPECTATORS, what a GREAT IDEA! It's right up there with taking up Bull Fighting! I'm sending duce a copy of the Sunday NY Times. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Aug 2008 - 19:04

hehe, no worries Nala, I won't be making all of them.. just a band of goblins who run the place... and some friends are making some other spectators (a carnival of chaos nurgle guy with a rattle
cheers )

plus, I will make a bunch of collapsed seats to save myself the effort Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Aug 2008 - 3:13

How in the world did I miss your pictures? That is great!

1st how did you cut the foam so even as to allow the "seats" to line up perfectly?

2nd...Do you have the chariot race rules?

If not let me know/
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Aug 2008 - 10:27

Only kidding about the Times [Vorpal rolled news paper].
I have a thing about having civilian, semi-non-combatants. They tend to be the first things I paint up for any game setting I get hooked on including Mordheim. I've got a Dwarf Rat Catcher, a couple of beggars, bartenders, &, of course, the girls from Fast Flo's done up, but the Warband is still WIP Suspect .

A project like Mordheim is NEVER REALLY done; there's ALWAYS something cool to add to the piece; ergo, those stands may someday be packed with screaming, psychos [fans].
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Trading Reputation : 12

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Aug 2008 - 10:52

Da Bank wrote:

2nd...Do you have the chariot race rules?

I think they are somewhere on the GW site, like the skirmish rules, if I am not mistaken.

I cannot access the GW site from my work computer, but I will post a link tonight if I can find one.

Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Aug 2008 - 11:07

Admin Tom wrote:

I cannot access the GW site from my work computer, but I will post a link tonight if I can find one.

tsk tsk tsk..
so, two options:

1 you are in China,

2 You've visited the GW site way too often and now they've locked it...?

But anyway, yes, I have the rules, and some additions as well... playtested it once, and it is good fun, but needs some practice...

@Nala, I know what you mean, and I have merchants and towncryers and all, but spectators would be a bit too much... I'll just put some of the supporting warbands in there.. (great for post game rioting!)
I would like to see your random joes though?

@Da Bank,
Fairly easy to make the seats fit, when building the skeleton, just make one frame, and copy that onto the foam again and again... that way, They'll all be the same.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Aug 2008 - 13:53

My work also has almost everything blocked. They only allow certain IP addresses and all the rest are denied.

I did find one way around them.

The server allows Yahoo.com so I have to email a link to my yahoo address and I can normally access it.

But, I have curtailed it as there have been many people fired for too much internet usuage. Not at my company but I have noticed in the News.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Aug 2008 - 15:58

I found these chariot rules on the GW UK site but it only covers Tomb Kings. The one I was talking I believe covers different chariots but really it would be better to have all the chariots and riders with same stats to make it even

http://uk.games-workshop.com/tombkings/chariot-race/1/
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Aug 2008 - 16:35

Yeah I've got all the rules available on the inturwebz... comes down to about 11 different ones... but of course it's not that hard to make rules yourself... most of the rules stick fairly close to the original stats of a chariot.. and my clubmembers aren't that competative anyway...

as to the blocked servers and firings... hurray for living in Holland where the social systems are so densely packed with protective rules for the employees... we can hardly get fired... unless we decide to murder the bosses dog on youtube or something similar... otherwise it's really hard to get rid of lazy/annoying/stupid personell...

plus.. working in a way too laid back surf/snowboard store also helps... (no customers for 10 minutes? lets go for a swim! Smile
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Aug 2008 - 16:50

Cool, I am glad you got them. I just wanted to help if needed.

Surf shop? Wow! that would be great. For better for worse my job isn't that relaxed.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 16 Aug 2008 - 11:52

Ezekiel wrote:
hehe, no worries Nala, I won't be making all of them.. just a band of goblins who run the place... and some friends are making some other spectators (a carnival of chaos nurgle guy with a rattle
cheers )

plus, I will make a bunch of collapsed seats to save myself the effort Smile

lol!

The AFTER GAME BRAWL bears a striking resemblance to certain Professional Sports [I won't mention which for fear of retaliation Suspect ]. When the fights break out, do the charioteers retire to the stands to root the NEW combatants on? Has possibilities. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Aug 2008 - 20:07

YAY stands for: UPDATES!

t is a sad affair that I'm gonna have to go meet some girls at a bar now... for I have so many Ideas! haha

but anyway... here are the things I've done thusfar:

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 3 DSC00098
the walls are finally all done, textured, build, ruined... and it took me waaaaaay too long.. but at least the size is becoming recognizable...

Seeing as I have big plans for a spectacular entrance, I decided to make it easy for myself, and destroy the second entrance! haha
Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 3 DSC00099

The poor gobbo's running this place obviously need some reinforcement to enforce their law upon the warbands and hooligans coming in for thos notorious brawls.. so, here they may lock their squigs, until the feeding time comes!
Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 3 DSC00101
unfortunately, due to a glue accident, the doors can't open... maybe I'll fix that, maybe I won't ...too much work left to be done! haha

There is gonna be a second row of seats up on the whole (at least the places still intact - I don't want to have duce come over and slap me for an insane amount of work/wood needed Smile) and the entrance is gonna have some form of tower/skybox on top of it... and then.. I think I should playtest it before moving on with it! hahah

(also, seeing as this is actually 2 45 degree corners, it leaves space to add an extra straight part in the middle, to make for bigger races...
Back to top Go down
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Aug 2008 - 20:14

hell yah! thats sweet Smile It looks damn good for sure, keep it up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
matt
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
matt

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Aug 2008 - 21:04

hey Ezekiel, I'll be infront of your door in 45 minutes to play an awesome lot of Mordheim/Warhammer/Chariot races. lol!

seriously, I'd really love to play a game on your table once too Smile!

Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Aug 2008 - 21:44

COOL! Glad to hear you have a social life; it gives the rest of us a chance to catch up [Monastic Chanting in the background]. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Aug 2008 - 23:30

Looks great.
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Aug 2008 - 11:48

Ah! so yesterday, I got a trial game out of some friends, and Chariot races are awesome! (though I never made it past the 3rd turn Razz if played correctly, it goes fast, really fast, and things get destroyed so quickly it's allmost like 40K apocalypse (only with fewer models Smile) we didn't do the shooting part, as the whole warhammer world was new to one of the guys, and my brother didn't want to bother too much... but still it was great! I deffinitaly got a new boost of energy and really want to finish it!

oh, I also made a small extra section to make for larger races (to widen the turn)

So, if anyone feels like a race, I'm more than happy to host!

10th of oktober our club is hosting a big racing event... so if anyone happens to be in the neigbourhood... join in!!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Aug 2008 - 14:36

Lately there has been a commercial on the Tube for Amsel Bier; it features photos of Amsterdam. WHAT A COOL CITY! Getting to see the city AND play your game would be a dream come true! If I start swimming now......Suspect
Back to top Go down
Unwanted
Warlord
Warlord
Unwanted

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Aug 2008 - 14:43

That arena is looking so crazily awesome, and it seems I will have to do a european pilgrimage and visit you and Admin Tom in rapid succession Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Aug 2008 - 11:30

Wandering back through the thread, I just noticed what a fine job you did on the barred door to the Squig holding pen; VERY NICE!thumbsup With a well done model no matter how many times you come back to it, you'll always seem to notice some sharp little detail that you had previously missed. Of course wandering around in a daze, I tend to miss a LOT of things. Suspect ANOTHER WELL DONE!cheers
Back to top Go down
Ezekiel
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Sep 2008 - 23:13

allright, first of sorry for the lack of updates... (and the lack of posts in general... ) but BOTH my hellish computerlike devices backfired on me (my mac frying itself, so now I can't even work! -got a painfully slow replacement for now, but I'm about to throw that out of the window... and my pc decided to stop recognizing my keyboard over night, so I can't type that much...

On a more positive note... I have been working! (inbetween the "real" work and hunting for a new awesome job) so I bring you updates! Engraving with a pen is quite easy and nice but I can assure you, after a full week of engraving, you feel like stabbing yourself with that very pen! haha... I've finished up the rough work on my circus though. and (besides the seats and entrance for the chariots, the building is pretty much done!

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 3 DSC00127-1

apologies for the crappy quality of pictures... but my telephone cam doesn't fully appreciate my oh so atmospherically lit room... heheh

you may notice the fact that I have to lay it out on the floor... - Problems! I have no table big enough! hahaha
Even despite the amount of engraving:Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 3 DSC00128
I had quite a bit of fun building this thing... so much, that I decided to outfit it with a couple of small temples... (and obstacles at the same time)
Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 3 DSC00129
Now Friday I plan on basecoating it, so maybe I'll have more updates for you...

after that, I think we'll race first, and then I'll continue building the second floor, and the main entrance... (or... if it's no fun at all... I'll just leave it be, and have wasted 2 fair months on this project! hahah
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep 2008 - 0:58

Wow! That is sooo huge! affraid I want more! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
JohnYoung
General
General
JohnYoung

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep 2008 - 4:12

First of all, I gotta admit I somehow missed on that topic the first time it was posted. I absolutly love your Mordeheim ! Can't wait to see the completed warhouse.

Now that circus is simply HUGE and will be a central piece for sure Smile It's good thing it's modular.
And I feel your pain, I've engraved a whole 4x4 board on the span of a few weeks. It's *super* long job. But the result is well worth it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/skankinriot
xarly22
Veteran
Veteran
xarly22

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep 2008 - 8:00

its a great work, original, i thin that the charriot circus could take part in one special scenario for any campaign, you could make some rules for models to take a chariot like the bus (imagine two warriors shooting and fightin since their chariots like the romans Karate
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Sep 2008 - 9:02

LOOKIN' GOOD! thumbsup

That's straight out of Ben Hur! EXCELLENT piece with FANTASTiC gaming possiblities. Now ALL you need is a charioteer who looks like Charleton Heston!
The finished piece WILL BE EPIC ala Cecil B. De Mille! NOW GET BACK TO WORK! Suspect cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim   Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ezekiel Celes' Mordheim
Page 3 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next