Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim

Go down 
+5
theruler
Rudeboy
Lord 0
Count
RationalLemming
9 posters
AuthorMessage
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders
Achievements earned: none

New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim Empty
PostSubject: New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim   New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim Icon_minitimeThu 14 Oct 2010 - 7:41

Hi,

Asp has posted a thread on the SG forum which I thought that some of you might be interested in. I haven't looked at it myself yet but I thought it would be nice to post it here for Asp.

http://www.sg.tacticalwargames.net/forum/index.php?topic=1811.0 (entire post quoted below)

If you have comments or want to discuss it then I'd please either use the email below or post a reply on the SG forum as Asp doesn't use this forum. I won't be passing any comments on to Asp that are posted here.

Cheers! Smile

Quote :

I often hear that Coreheim is well thought out but that it has become entiely another game than Mordheim.

Well its true.

So in the comming weeks I will try to fixed Mordheim. Make the rules better, while restraining the amount of fixes and changes.

I don't play GW-Mordheim anymore, because my group use the Coreheim mod, but we know another group that sticks by GWs rules and they might give this a go.

Here you go:

http://indadvendt.dk/fixed-mordheim/

If you notive any errors or anything else you'd do differently, post it here or at coreheim |at| gmail.com
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Count
Warrior
Warrior
Count

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim   New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim Icon_minitimeThu 14 Oct 2010 - 14:23

It's nice also having a less drastic revision around, since the living rulebook seems to be in a state closer to undeath, and any serious rewrite increases the rules' primary quality, the low transition threshold from other GW games.

I still tell new vanilla Mordheim players, though, that counting slings as short bows fixes 90% of the game's problems. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim   New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim Icon_minitimeFri 22 Oct 2010 - 8:51

If played with sufficient terrain the slings are no longer an issue. I have played both with and against Skaven and against Sisters many times and to me and those I play with the slings are just fine as they are.

Perhaps it would be worth putting something about how much terrain is needed for the typical game? It seems that playing with not enough is a common mistake new players make and then find that ranged weapons (slings and crossbows in particular) tend to dominate.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim   New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim Icon_minitimeFri 22 Oct 2010 - 9:29

I for one have never understood the need for re-making Mordheim. There is one fix and one fix alone that pretty much does it, and it has nothing to do with slings. Make light and heavy armour +1 Armour save, and make toughened leathers a 6+ save but without the rules that limits movement. This makes it easier and cheaper to buy protection against such weapons as slings, at the same time as it actually becomes a viable choice to use handguns and other blackpowder weapons instead of crossbows. In short; Better defence against overpowered small-arms, and bigger weapons live up to their price. That is just me though, and I would be loathe to critizise, in a bad way, your commitment to reworking what you think needs to be reworked. On the contrary, I applaud it.
Back to top Go down
Rudeboy
Elder
Elder
Rudeboy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim   New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim Icon_minitimeFri 22 Oct 2010 - 17:47

The fix is More Terrain, and having shield give you a 5+ save. That has fixed most of the issues I have had. Range doesn't mean as much if you have stuff to hide behind. 5+ save makes Shields worth playing with.
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim   New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim Icon_minitimeSun 24 Oct 2010 - 0:19

@Opheliate... these are not my rules so I cannot and do not want to take any credit for them. I agree with you, Lord 0 and Rudeboy in regards to improved armour save (and possibly a minor nerf to duel wielding) with lots of terrain being the most that the game needs. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim   New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim Icon_minitimeSun 24 Oct 2010 - 5:46

RationalLemming wrote:
@Opheliate... these are not my rules so I cannot and do not want to take any credit for them. I agree with you, Lord 0 and Rudeboy in regards to improved armour save (and possibly a minor nerf to duel wielding) with lots of terrain being the most that the game needs. Smile

Oh, sloppy me. Well, then at least allow me to applaud the fact that you put it up here thumbsup
Back to top Go down
theruler
Warrior
Warrior
theruler

PostSubject: Re: New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim   New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011 - 12:44

Is Asp still around here?
I've converted his patch into AB (v2) datafiles based on v4.31 by Chris Manos (backup the data directory and replace the files from the data.rar).
http://www.filedropper.com/data_4
Feedbacks would be appreciated.

I was not able to code the new price mechanism for mutations (possessed). Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim   New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011 - 15:38

Asp is not around, I suppose if you want to contact him use the means described in the first post or visit the Warseer forums, where I think he hangs out Smile
Back to top Go down
mweaver
Etheral
Etheral
mweaver

PostSubject: Re: New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim   New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011 - 19:33

We have a few minor house rules. The only really serious one is (as others have mentioned) a slight bump to make armor a more viable option. In general, I think Mordheim is a nicely balanced game.

Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim   New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim Icon_minitimeMon 19 Dec 2011 - 21:15

I like some of the repricing options, and the changes to the Mercs I like more than I expected to.
Back to top Go down
theruler
Warrior
Warrior
theruler

PostSubject: Re: New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim   New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim Icon_minitimeWed 21 Dec 2011 - 21:54

There are a couple of balanc tweaks I appreciate too: no 6 heroes on start for skaven, warplock pistol downgrade, zombies upgrade (RUN!), witch hunters' warhounds cost raise and all the armour/weapons new pricing (slings, maces and helmets!)
Back to top Go down
Sgt. Mulcayhee
Captain
Captain
Sgt. Mulcayhee

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders

PostSubject: Re: New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim   New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim Icon_minitimeSat 31 Dec 2011 - 6:44

Asp is still available on Warseer. Go to the Mordheim forum:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97

As for updating Mordheim with minimal changes:

INTERCEPTING CHARGES
• Fear applies when intercepting or being intercepted by charges.
• The warrior that intercepts cannot be further from the Charger than the original target of the charge.

CLIMBING
• Warriors do NOT need a wall or other solid surface between start and end points to climb.
• Warriors may Move-Climb-Move in the course of a single Movement.

FIGHTING WITH TWO WEAPONS
• Warriors fighting with two weapons suffer -1 to hit with the second weapon

ARMOUR
LIGHT ARMOUR
Cost: 10
HEAVY ARMOUR
Cost: 30

Or in lieu of a price decrease, increase armor save by 1 for each.
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim   New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim Icon_minitimeTue 3 Jan 2012 - 18:19

My thoughts Sgt:

I thought that Fear already did apply for Intercepting Charges?

I don't get what you mean exactly for the 1st point of Climbing. Can you explain?

I prefer to boost Shields and Bucklers over nerfing 2 handers. I make it so Bucklers and Shields both add an additional 1 in melee. Although I may change that to always be an additional +1.

I also may take those armor costs for new hires only. Could be a good way to encourage armor early on.

Or another idea is to make armor that cost, but takes D3-1 turns to be ready for use. As armor does take a significant time to make. Or you can pay the full cost to get it right away without rolling.
Back to top Go down
Sgt. Mulcayhee
Captain
Captain
Sgt. Mulcayhee

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders

PostSubject: Re: New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim   New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim Icon_minitimeSun 8 Jan 2012 - 21:49

BalrogTheBuff wrote:

I don't get what you mean exactly for the 1st point of Climbing. Can you explain?

I prefer to boost Shields and Bucklers over nerfing 2 handers. I make it so Bucklers and Shields both add an additional 1 in melee. Although I may change that to always be an additional +1.

I also may take those armor costs for new hires only. Could be a good way to encourage armor early on.

Or another idea is to make armor that cost, but takes D3-1 turns to be ready for use. As armor does take a significant time to make. Or you can pay the full cost to get it right away without rolling.

Climbing - better description is that you don't need to start next to the wall or other climbing object (down or up).

I prefer the reduction to two hand fighting because I think it is more fair to armor choices (with the reduction in cost to light and heavy). Giving the shield a better armor value does increase the use of shields vs. two weapons, but it makes shields a much better value compared to other armor choices.
Back to top Go down
BalrogTheBuff
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
BalrogTheBuff

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim   New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim Icon_minitimeMon 9 Jan 2012 - 15:59

I like the fact that the shield is the best value of the armor choices. It also costs a hand to use. The lost attack in return for a cheap armor save is a better trade off in my mind than nerfing dual wielding. But in my southlands setting I am trying purposely to encourage the Ubuntu Tribe to be a shield user group.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim   New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Unofficial Mordheim Patch: Fixed-Mordheim
Page 1 of 1